Sign in to follow this  
Leopardi

AMD platforms unplayable

Anyone else here with an AMD CPU and GPU suffering from ridiculous performance? I can't get 30+ FPS performance even on low. If I go to a 40-player Wasteland server, it's only playable while looking directly at your feet.

I have a X4 965 @ 3.6GHz and a HD5870. Settings are a mix of normal to high, viewdistance ~3000. Runs between 30-40FPS in the Editor. I have to say that i've reinstalled Win7/x64 last weekend so all drivers are completely up to dat. How about yours?

In editor's completely empty map, High preset with MSAA and post processing effects disabled, I get about 40FPS looking at the rocky hill from stratis runway, 120FPS when I zoom in with the scope. In Helicopter showcase looking at the same hill in the beginning gives about 20FPS. On Ultra preset it drops below 10FPS.

GPU usage is ridiculous 20% and CPU doesn't go above 30% either.

And yeah I have fresh Win7 install too.

Edited by Leopardi

I hate to say that but it is a alpha and (hopefully) BI will optimize it further until final release. I know, not quite the answer you hoped to get. :(

Would you mind to list the detailed ingame video settings? I know it's a PITA but eventually we can find some optimizing potential.

Myke;2315010']I have a X4 965 @ 3.6GHz and a HD5870. Settings are a mix of normal to high' date=' viewdistance ~3000. Runs between 30-40FPS in the Editor. I have to say that i've reinstalled Win7/x64 last weekend so all drivers are completely up to dat. How about yours?[/quote']

Try Hellicopters showcase mission, in Editor it's working decently.. in Helicopters showcase and most multiplayer games it's unplayable no matter what settings.

In Editor i can easily play with high/ultra settings with lots of vehicles / infantry with 40-50+ fps so dont test in Editor.

I have 5870 with i7 win7\x64 average about 30-40 fps on mostly normal settings. Game is very playable sounds like you might need to do some optimizing.

Oh and it's a laptop forgot to mention that.

I have 5870 with i7 win7\x64 average about 30-40 fps on mostly normal settings. Game is very playable sounds like you might need to do some optimizing.

Oh and it's a laptop forgot to mention that.

In what evironment? Also try to make screenshot.

I set everything to low and managed to run it.

Edited by k0t0v