Sign in to follow this  
lNTRUDER

Why buy A3 just so you could go online and ruin everyone's experience?

No one remembers *RING RING RING Banana Phone*? :D

That alone would quickly put a stop to retards. We just need mission makers to script stuff like that in. Turn player into a chicken and let him walk around with a flag saying TKer and let him enjoy banana song.

If anyone is thinking of making a successful MP game for A3 it has to be built around a good anti-teamkill/griefing script. Being TKed by kiddies who can't play the game is the norm now and happens in every server in A2 and A3, they particularly target anyone with a high score. 2/3/4 years ago it was very rare and it's a shame it has come to this - mission design must change with the times as simple admin activities/banning can't keep up with the problem, it's far too big now. We had a teen out of his mind on drugs shrieking and screaming nonsense at everyone on voip the other night because we wouldn't let him use hacks and his activities spoiled a nights gaming for everyone. (I know you can mute and ban and we did but they get around it now).

"Why buy A3 just so you could go online and ruin everyone's experience?" - that is what kiddies do, always have, always will. You can't reason with immature minds that have no concept of being reasonable.

Edited by Mattar_Tharkari

That alone would quickly put a stop to retards. We just need mission makers to script stuff like that in. Turn player into a chicken and let him walk around with a flag saying TKer and let him enjoy banana song.

Most definitely! Someone find it on YT. ;) I visited that horrible, horrible place more times than necessary. :D

Edited by Iroquois Pliskin

I'm loving the concept of air cav atm, but I simply can't find a good server to play it on. I love flying people to AO, but every air cav server I try looks the same. Whole base messed up, no choppers to fly for they are destroyed by team killers. Managed to get myself voted as public admin today and it was quite an enjoyable experience after kicking a bunch of retards. We really need some TK punishing scripts asap, it can save public servers. :D

I think that proper anti-TK script makes both the teamkilling and teamkillers as innoticeable as possible to other players, because they TK to get attention, which they probably don't get enough in real life. Making them to carry a TK flag as chicken might be just throwing meat to their grinder and make TKing even more rewarding to them, because they'd get a lot of attention even after TKing by walking in middle of players that would probably react to them and make them the most visible and hearable players in the game. It would result in even more TKing and them stealing the attention from the game itself even after they've been caught. That's baaad.

People creating anti-TK systems and scripts have to think about what are they doing and their motives. Is their motive to revenge on teamkillers and get satisfaction that way or actually prevent TKing? Those two motives don't have equal results in my opinion.

What am I to comment this topic? I was Arma 2:Free server admin actively for over 1000 hours. That was just the time that I spent on pure administration. Trust me, I've been there.

I hope someone not only makes a good anti-tk script, but one thats good against people base raping. Been on a few servers recently where either everything was destroyed vehicle wise, or that someone would damage your vehicle beyond use.

A very true and fustrating part that i saw yesterday, got on my first multiplayer server and just had people screwing everything up. To be honest i think its just the people who dont play arma for the arma experience but for day Z

A very true and fustrating part that i saw yesterday, got on my first multiplayer server and just had people screwing everything up. To be honest i think its just the people who dont play arma for the arma experience but for day Z

yes i think its the kids from COD and BF that want to come and make peoples lives a misery. the ability to turn FF on/off on the server might make things a little better and as said once these halfwits realise that they will get no attention they will simply go back to whence they came.

so between this and the seagull testing, i wasted £20 for nothing at the moment. going to leave it now until BIS make some sort of patch so we can actually test a game (which is the idea of an Alpha release) give the feed back other than the seagull appears to have mad cow disease or some other seagull tried TK'ng me.

logged into my first sector hold PVP game today. Besides the current seagull bug there was a guy who was using hacks on other team. He would kill the whole team, cause explosions, pop up behind players, ect. I personally was just glad to get in a server that wasn't just wasteland, but it of course got way out of hand after awhile.

I took a break from Arma 2 PVP and even DayZ when it started getting popular becaue of these same type of problems. This has really got to be fixed.

Cheers for all the healthy discussions going on :) It's nice to see that most people in here acknowledge the problem and want it to be addressed.

Yesterday we saw someone on our server "cloning" already connected players, walking around with their player name but not appearing in the #userlist. What's up with that? Have you guys seen this?

/signed. I remember the good old days!

After reading the first page i would like to mention if have only played on Public and created private missions for me and my friends.

Was great fun on public people were decent others did their thing, no one bothered no one.

I guess i should go and join VMA or something now.

Its up to the server admins to police their servers accordingly.

There are ways and organised gaming does exist.

problem at the moment is

• current missions arent really designed for good coordinated gameplay
  • Examples:
    • (20 player missions, 1 cargo chopper that cant take 20)
    • Crates at mission start wioth every weapon available in them (So what do the players do at the start, they certainly dont take any notice of anyone until they have their weapon of choice)

[*]

[*]server admins arent always online

[*]Lots of new servers with inexperienced users

[*]most folks congregate on wasteland servers or some such mass gaming mission which pleases admins who want quantity over quality gameplay

Stay away from those sorts of missions unless youn want to play in groups of 3 or 4 at most

Edited by Terox

Hello everyone i am new to these forums all tho i have been playing Arma since Arma 1, I did play OFP but never really got into it. My brother and I always setup public servers on Arma 2 and 99% of the time we had no bother with the people that joined our server, the game modes that we played most were Domination, CTI / Warfare and similar scenarios. Since downloading Arma 3 Alpha all i have seen is constant team killers on 90% of the servers that i have joined. There was one TDM server that I joined, where there was 3 ppl at base camp constantly team killing for the whole 2 hours i was in the server (why I stayed for 2 hours ill never know). My guess is that these ppl are new to the game and find it hard to kill ppl or find it hard to play the game properly.

Thanks to Bohemia Interactive for such an inspiring game if only all game developers were like you. Best game on the planet by a mile.

Script idea. Two tk's instantly turn into chicken. Take away any weapons. Set loadout to 0 so they cannot rearm, remove all addactions from player, put them in a restricted zone on display for others to kill at will, set side to east so all blufor can tk them as much as they want, and mute in-game voip to all. They may still type. Run client side for 5 minutes. If there is a second violation, execute the ban via script to put them on the list, and do not kick them. Impose the same restrictions as the first violation, no weapons, chicken, east side, no voip. Let them stay that way until they choose to leave the server. Once they leave since they are on the ban list they cant come back.

Leaving them in the server serves a purpose. Some people are actually stupid enough to wait a really long time just to be stupid for another minute. By letting them stay in the server as harmless poultry we accomplish two things: 1) Possibly letting the tk'er become bored and lose interest in hopping from one server to the next tk'ing; 2) Holding them in one server as long as possible in order to help other servers again from having to deal with him.

Script idea. Two tk's instantly turn into chicken. Take away any weapons. Set loadout to 0 so they cannot rearm, remove all addactions from player, put them in a restricted zone on display for others to kill at will, set side to east so all blufor can tk them as much as they want, and mute in-game voip to all. They may still type. Run client side for 5 minutes. If there is a second violation, execute the ban via script to put them on the list, and do not kick them. Impose the same restrictions as the first violation, no weapons, chicken, east side, no voip. Let them stay that way until they choose to leave the server. Once they leave since they are on the ban list they cant come back.

Leaving them in the server serves a purpose. Some people are actually stupid enough to wait a really long time just to be stupid for another minute. By letting them stay in the server as harmless poultry we accomplish two things: 1) Possibly letting the tk'er become bored and lose interest in hopping from one server to the next tk'ing; 2) Holding them in one server as long as possible in order to help other servers again from having to deal with him.

Love this idea. ;)

haha this would be perfect. could you imagine the faces in real life? lol

NTRUDER;2331404']Cheers for all the healthy discussions going on :) It's nice to see that most people in here acknowledge the problem and want it to be addressed.

Yesterday we saw someone on our server "cloning" already connected players' date=' walking around with their player name but not appearing in the #userlist. What's up with that? Have you guys seen this?[/quote']

This happened to me just now :( some guy cloned me and made the server crash...

+1 for the bananna phone, even if it could put an innocent player in that damn room every now and then due to scoring issues.

L

^^Now that's what I'm talking about. Will play for sure, if nothing else, just to see team killers get the fun time they deserve. :D

After hackers crashed 5 consecutive servers I was playing in, I decided to google and find out what the hell is going on, and why ARMA III is under such relentless attack. I have not been able to play an unmolested game in 4 days. I have been blown up, shot, teleported 10,000 feet high, frozen, dunked below the ocean, swarmed with other players, and ultimately desynched because of guys getting their kicks in on our misfortunes. So, I googled ARMA 3 hacks, and not to my surprise, a whole plethora of different links became available, all touting different brand new ARMA III hacks. Many are making $20 and up in exchange for the code. I know its in an ALPHA state, and in the end letting hackers hack now will make it harder for them to hack later, but the game is just completely unplayable as it is. I wanted to bring this information forthright. Heres two of just a few places where people are downloading this gamekiller. They seem pretty proud of themselves.

Links to scumbag forums removed - please do not link to such sites!

Edited by W0lle
Links removed

Just wait untill every person who has bought the game can give out keys to random people. Imo this is bad, there will be plenty more game destroying people and probably tons more hackers.

I will not give a key to some random dude, I will only give a key to the ones I know irl, and thats the way it should be. I miss the old days when this "new generation" of game destroyers didn't exist.