Sign in to follow this  
lNTRUDER

Why buy A3 just so you could go online and ruin everyone's experience?

We have seen a lot of issues with people coming in and blowing up stuff. People are testing out weapons and figuring out controls. Hopefully this will phase out as the user base continues to upgrade. I saw somewhere where someone made a script where you cant do damage while in the spawn zone.

Another issue is the enemies are wearing the same uniforms as us so its kind of hard to tell unless you have indicators on.

Honestly I cannot remember when the mind set of Arma players has been so low. Yes it s full of cod noobs and people who will move on eventually when the ouu look a rpg ouu look at my shiny helmet have passed through but o-m-g the public servers currently are full of idiots. People tking constantly, people blowing up friends helos, people putting c4 on the helos waiting for other players to get in. And my all time pet peave .... guy in helo sets off while 4 of us are running to get in.. We comment on the team play and get told to f* off get your own chopper.

Whats happened to the community? is Dazy to blame for all these lone wold fools? Somebody give me the details of a UK server that actually has some experience, the maturity and deceny to play with other like minded experienced Arma players.. its painful currently!! are we turining into an arcade shooter??!!

Somebody please reasure me its not the beggining of the end....

Someone...:(

Sounds like normal to me, as I recall there were countless threads in A2 about similar things and the majority response was rather than administrating, to create or find private servers and join clans.

If you want to avoid chaos then you need order.

Edited by NodUnit

And who should prevent all that? Is that not admins job, to watch over things, kicking people who doing bullshit? I was playing on various servers, and i can say, where admin was actively monitoring his server, the game was smooth, unlike ones, where admin gives a shit about what happening there.

NOOOOOOOOO... don't say it. plz :(

There are idiots in every game and every community. Like NeuroFunker says find a server with a good admin and it will be better or join a squad.

don't play in public servers. that's the best advice anyone can give you right now. or wait til the community gets some good autokick scripts going, for example kicking for shooting at base, placing explosives at base, exessive teamkilling etc etc.

until then, I plan to only play with friends or in a trusted community.

No. Like any popular new release, there is an influx of griefers and knob's.

1. relax and don't blow it out of proportions

2. Head over to the ArmA 2 clan and squad sub forum and check out UK based groups

3. Hope they run A3 servers

4. If points 2 and 3 don't apply, post a request in the A3 clan/squad section for a serious group and hope for the best

We run a public server and a private server, The public is just chaos with people crashing helicopters at spawn and planting bombs...as for the private server its all organised and clean...

So yeah your best bet is to join a unit that provides those

oO Para Oo‎'s thread merged into this one as it's all the same discussion.

In our public server I just sat at base and warned Tking would lead to being kicked. After 30 to 45 of kicking things smoothed out. But then a new batch of players would come in and I would start over again. I don't know if a manual would do anything, when you join the game in the upper right it tells you the G key has been changed. People just want to get into the action, they can't wait it would seem. Before I joined any server I played around in the showcase figuring out my key binds. I hate to say it but the younger members in my Unit didn't do the same, and killed other members several times. When we had our A2 servers up we had a splash screen that told people our TS info, and the basic rules of our server, people still would come in and act like smacktards. When asked they would say they never saw the rules and info on the splash screen. Even then you can try to help train some but some just can't be bothered, and will continue to be smacktards.

I think the things that will help this would be getting mods like ACE and Acre (more to DL and another step to take for players to join servers) back, BattleEye (not to start this debate which anti cheat is the best) so admins can use RCON to make it easier for admins to ban and track players, and just old fashioned policing of servers. We have also found putting a password on it help because we make people come into TS to get it(which also helps comms to a degree).

There are always trolls in most games and I fear it will always be that way. People get bored way to easy, we can blame TV and parenting, and many other things. But it doesn't matter what caused these things we have to just sit it out and police our servers. A ranking system may help, but really I feel it will be a community effort, which we have a great one to help with. We enjoy having good players on our server without them being in our Unit, so any players looking for realism and tactics feel free to stop by our site and say hello. We even have public players who will grab us in TS to help keep servers clear of *************** and monitor our servers.

Just saying

It's not my business to tell you how to runs your servers, but I suggest a ban on the first/second 100% confirmed intentional TK.

Kicking doesn't deter from this behavior.

Well sad but true, its impossible to have a game on any kind of public server, they are !ALL! (and i really mean ALL) total chaos!!!

I just dont get it why all the Tklers arent banned from every server allready, is there no way of getting them globaly banned from all servers??? You cant even let the admin know who it was because you only have a nickname showen, that is so "§%$ing annoying.

I usually give two to three strikes before I ban. Also if a player says sorry I am more likely to forgive them

I usually give two to three strikes before I ban. Also if a player says sorry I am more likely to forgive them

^^^This. If it's accidental and they apologise, no issue. If they keep doing it and don't say boo.... bye bye.

I roughly did 15 Bans today on our Server.

Yet the Game has just been released and many Alpha buyers seem to come from a wrong Generation of CoD/DayZ. Just spraying your Teammates in the mainbase, or doing Teamkills followed by the words "F*ck youuu" ( helium pitched Voice ) and then Rage quitting were the main Reasons , sad but true!:confused:

As for freshly released Games, Admins have to fight against the first BIG Waves of Zombies Idiots. What we have then after Some Months/Years are either empty Serverlists or Server´s with mature players and Admin Support.

I don't have the Alpha, but the last video I watched there were 480 servers listed in the browser, maybe 30 of which were unlocked.

I don't remember the Arma 2 Demo being like that.

DayZ, Low price and increased exposure via Steam has a lot of to do with this, like it or not.

You also have to realise that Arma3 has also been cracked and is pirated around the Internet. I was saddened to see this so fast. That is why you are getting hackers.

You also have to realise that Arma3 has also been cracked and is pirated around the Internet. I was saddened to see this so fast. That is why you are getting hackers.

didn't see hackers at all. Only noobs who constantly were killing me and others, and of course there were no admin to watch over this.

I started to curse on them, but all i heard was: sorry i'm noob, don't know how to play. Somehow i made myself calm down, saying: ok, let it be, let them get in to the game first. And i was trying to help them, explaining how the enemies look, how our team looks, they were saying thanks to me, and at least some or most of tk's they did stopped.

We really need to calm down sometimes, and help instead of making ourself nervous all the time. :)

Yesterday I played a coop game with 10 pubs. Guess what, not one tk and everyone followed chain of command. I was so impressed I shat bricks. but go on a domination server and your lucks if you leave the base with out losing a couple of limbs

Maybe the SP.... I doubt the MP is cracked, since Steam is used as a DRM

Steam is unlikely to stop MEMORY hacks occurring, people who load hack apps in background after game has launched. Luckily ARMA scripting can help with allot of these problems, just need to insert it into each mission. I might look at a system that raises a small pop-up box whenever someone kills more then 2 friendly players or destroys SAFE objects which are marked on the map, and allows people to kick someone off server for 30minutes by pressing a option. Surely it can be done.