Sign in to follow this  
lNTRUDER

Why buy A3 just so you could go online and ruin everyone's experience?

PLEASE........ Arma3 has nothing to do with it.

You are the server admin...

You can decide who is playing on the server...

You decided to set the server public...

You bought a alpha...

You are perhaps not a good server admin...

You try to play a alpha like a full game...

You yes you...

Sorry, but I could not resist.

Yes, we decided to go public for the good of the community since there wasn't that many open servers running.

Indeed, we do decide who plays on the server. It's just that our admins got tired of kicking and banning people after a while. It should not have to be a full time job being an admin in a reasonably grown-up community.

Your alpha argument is ridiculous. Still, you're welcome to play on our server anytime and maybe you can give our admins some pointers.

]NTRUDER calm down. It is not worth it your nerves because of this. There is always people like this but soon with time we will clear out community.

Consider this as price we have to pay to increase ArmA community. On every such retard we will get 4 normal new members in ArmA world.

In the end worth it. ;)

It's a shame. I jumped into an open server and experienced this right off. spawn then get shot. I would like to get into a server with a group who is serious about this game. PM me if you would be opened to someone who is a team player coming in to play.

back in the days of OFP and Arma 1 there was maby 1 troll on 20 players.

Today it is 18 trolls on 2 players.

I think it has to do with it is released on Steam. If the game was on disc or Sprocket-BIS only Arma community players would find it. Steam open up the gates from hell and let all the trolls in.

I've not had it yet myself

But like someone said bad in the day u never had thismuch of a problem

When we used to play battlefield 1942/desert combat full servers 32 player and no tossers in them

On every release we see that same treads about Joe public, it's getting boring.

NTRUDER;2314949']I wonder if they are 'imports' from the DayZ community or where are they coming from? It doesn't seem like the OFP-Armed Assault-ArmA 2 crowd' date=' that's for sure.[/quote']

You sure it was the DayZ and not Obama? Dude just let it go man your going to tempt them to come here and play this game. Also maybe all those TKs were the fact that G is now for grenades by default and not gear

NTRUDER;2315605']It's just that our admins got tired of kicking and banning people after a while. It should not have to be a full time job being an admin in a reasonably grown-up community.

But you seem to not understand that being an admin is a full time job? there are websites dedicated to creating hacks and cheats for this game, as soon as those are going full steam its going to be lockup and run em private mode for most servers.

Edited by xyberviri

You want to hear something really sad? The first zombie mod has already been released. Not even 1 day of alpha or the zombies (and zombie crowd) start infesting the military simulator again.

You want to hear something really sad? The first zombie mod has already been released. Not even 1 day of alpha or the zombies (and zombie crowd) start infesting the military simulator again.

I think the sad thing is the "3l33t3st" attitude the community has about who can and can't buy the game and what they can or can't do with the game they bought, especially one that is open and receptive to modding. If it wasn't for dayz we probably wouldn't have had clothing in arma 3, seriously who cares, let them have their zombies because thats where the hacker/griefer crowd is going go. Do you want Arma 3 to be Microsoft or do you want it to be Apple? being the minority has an advantage.

Has nothing to do with being an elitist, cos I am far from that. But it has something to do about that it attracts bunny hopping teenagers not interested in (and not mature enough) military and realistic gameplay, yet they infest the military servers thinking they know it all or don't care and therefor start grieving/trolling etc. We have seen that for the last year. If it will be the same crap as we had with dayz then for me the game (online) will be pretty much ruined. And this is day 1 of the alpha, within 24 hours the first frikkin zombie mod appears! And that creator of the mod does not give a damn about arma either cos zombie stuff is the only thing he releases. I have played on public server with much pleasure and with good crowd till the zombie hype started. ArmA is rated for 18+ I believe, but add zombies and you will get 12 year old bunny hoppers with a strategic and tactical insight of a chicken.

Lots of people bought into the hype and bought this content-poor Alpha, and they have no idea what to do with it. Yesterday we had a lot of griefers on our server too, too bad we had great teamwork going together with complete strangers until that point.

Edited by Rak

@xyberviri; Lol, it is the Dayz fs, and the Zombozos, along with Steam. It starts with hacks for Dayz that all the console kiddie get a boner over, cause they all where raised to play with hidden magic key combo on there dic*...err Controller that gave them cheat modes, and want the latest greatest game to play(A3), But haven't the Brain/or the Attention Span, do to not having a Mom or Dad to teach them manners (cause they are playing WoW) and left them in front of a TV with a sippy cup full of sugar.Which then forced them to take Ritalin or some other "mood altering" drug to not act out in class, and not learn how to think... So they just want to break things when they get home.

@xyberviri; "Do you want Arma 3 to be Microsoft or do you want it to be Apple? being the minority has an advantage"

Dude... really?

Who cares the end result is BIS gets more money from kiddies who buy Arma3 just for zombies.. doesn't take long for them to just stay in the zombie mode and leave our stuff alone..

Who cares the end result is BIS gets more money from kiddies who buy Arma3 just for zombies.. doesn't take long for them to just stay in the zombie mode and leave our stuff alone..

No, that's not true. DayZ specifically has attracted a lot of these kinds of players that hop from one server to another teamkilling and screwing around. They don't stay in their zombie mode. And they don't leave our stuff alone. This stuff didn't happen nearly as much before DayZ. But that's what happens when the sole source of your popularity comes from a seasonal fad. DayZ drew not from "survival" fans but the zombie-loving community. Oh, and guess what game currently was considered THE zombie game? Black Ops. So that's the kinds of players that were attracted to DayZ. And guess what they do in DayZ most of the time? Kill other players instead of zombies. So, they bring that same thing to ArmA 2 and now ArmA 3. I was one of the few who was against DayZ and it's popuarity. But, of course, the majority of people here said "DayZ is good for ArmA", simply because it brought in a lot of money for BIS. Haven't seen how ArmA has benefited from that. ArmA 3 was still delayed. AI is still the same. MP is still the same. Guarantee you most of that money went into the DayZ Standalone. You see, this is what happens when your mod turned game draws its popularity from a genre that is rooted in the arcade FPS genre.

It's always funny. This community is so quick to bash and curse the console-FPS fans on here, but they will also sing praises for the DayZ community, most of which come from those very same console-FPS communities.

No, that's not true. DayZ specifically has attracted a lot of these kinds of players that hop from one server to another teamkilling and screwing around. They don't stay in their zombie mode. And they don't leave our stuff alone. This stuff didn't happen nearly as much before DayZ. But that's what happens when the sole source of your popularity comes from a seasonal fad. DayZ drew not from "survival" fans but the zombie-loving community. Oh, and guess what game currently was considered THE zombie game? Black Ops. So that's the kinds of players that were attracted to DayZ. And guess what they do in DayZ most of the time? Kill other players instead of zombies. So, they bring that same thing to ArmA 2 and now ArmA 3. I was one of the few who was against DayZ and it's popuarity. But, of course, the majority of people here said "DayZ is good for ArmA", simply because it brought in a lot of money for BIS. Haven't seen how ArmA has benefited from that. ArmA 3 was still delayed. AI is still the same. MP is still the same. Guarantee you most of that money went into the DayZ Standalone. You see, this is what happens when your mod turned game draws its popularity from a genre that is rooted in the arcade FPS genre.

It's always funny. This community is so quick to bash and curse the console-FPS fans on here, but they will also sing praises for the DayZ community, most of which come from those very same console-FPS communities.

I guess I just need to play with you, I normally play on different clan servers mainly and never see issues... Worst I have seen is jack ass jumps in a helicopter and crashes then leaves, eh no sweat off my back,

maybe they were drunk. When I had the chance I would have played the Alpha drunk too ;)

Low price + Steam release + DayZ + Bandwagon jumpers + Arma 3 advertised as being more "Accessible" = What you are seeing.

Arma 2 Free did the same thing to vanilla Arma 2.

I'm willing to bet the overwhelming majority of servers will be locked on full release as they are now in the Alpha.

Well, I'm not an expert but this was to be expected. There will be 100,000s of trigger happy noobs. IMO only solution to salvage public is some kind of global reputation system with serious servers completely locked up.

An automated response to tking is a good solution. Three kills are you are booted from server. Plus option where each tk also auto kills the offending tker.

You underestimate the numbers of new players, it will be one tk-er after another, maybe after some time it will be better but to me it seems that as long as Arma is popular, public will be unplayable.

I had a server up, I couldn't play because I was constantly banning people for tking... fucking arma community has been reduced to a bunch of little cunts.

i seen really much people throwing grenades at start by pressing g instead of i for "gear"

Have to admit I did this a couple of times but only in the editor lol. :p

Low price + Steam release + DayZ + Bandwagon jumpers + Arma 3 advertised as being more "Accessible" = What you are seeing.

Arma 2 Free did the same thing to vanilla Arma 2.

I'm willing to bet the overwhelming majority of servers will be locked on full release as they are now in the Alpha.

But it wasn't nearly as bad as when DayZ became popular. And I don't think it has much to do with ArmA 3 being promoted as accessible, as really only the ArmA community would understand that significance. Steam release has very little to do with it. It's that just like there are people who expect ACE to be on ArmA 3, DayZ players expect DayZ to be in ArmA 3, because somehow they just have no idea that ArmA 3 DayZ is DayZ Standalone (same engine, animations, graphics, weather, lighting, etc). But the majority of it is because DayZ has attracted these kinds of players. Why? The zombies is what draws them to it. No zombies, no large number of griefers (they'd get tired of the realism after a while - too boring for them).

---------- Post added at 21:13 ---------- Previous post was at 21:12 ----------

An automated response to tking is a good solution. Three kills are you are booted from server. Plus option where each tk also auto kills the offending tker.

Or, shooting a friendly only does damage to yourself. They could do that.

We didnt even run battle eye or any anti cheat server till arma2 hit the public eye with dayZ. That wasnt the only culprit but in the first 3-4 years of arma2. hackers and griefers and trolls only appeared at MOST once a week on a public server. Now, you almost cant run a public server without 24/7 admin coverage and a powerful anti cheat and admin tool set.

All this does it hurt the community as servers get more and more locked down and private. Forcing you to join a clan to play arma and eliminating a good public community. Can't wait for dayZ stand alone to drag everyone away! Though now we have wasteland too :/