Sign in to follow this  
lNTRUDER

Why buy A3 just so you could go online and ruin everyone's experience?

Yesterday I was playing a custom co-op mission with my squad mates on our server "XSYS Sweden", and we were oh so excited to finally get our hands on the game! We were having a blast with all the new toys and just watching the scenery and hearing the much improved sounds. After some tweaking we even got the new stance settings sorted and were able to make use of this while taking on the OPFOR AI. Everything was perfect and we were a really happy bunch.

Then we unlocked the server and let the pubs in...

I don't know if I'm getting old and cranky but what the hell is wrong with some people? We could not start a single game without someone teamkilling half of the team at the beginning or destroying our vehicles on purpose. Not mention the voip spamming and placing satchels that blew up our weapon crates.

And it's not like these people got bored after having played "normally" for a while and wanted to take a piss for fun. No, they got right to it after spawning in.

I fail to see the point in "playing" this great game like this. Of course there are a few rotten eggs for every online game but what we saw was 30 or more offenders displaying this behaviour during yesterday evening. Quite sickening to say the least. I wonder if they are 'imports' from the DayZ community or where are they coming from? It doesn't seem like the OFP-Armed Assault-ArmA 2 crowd, that's for sure.

Anyone else seeing the same thing online? I'm starting to think we are stupid for putting up a public server for people to enjoy...:confused:

/ ]NTRUDER

and this is why public servers are practically nonexistent in arma2

You shouldn't put all "publics" under one shoe, but still. The best way to avoid those people, is by not playing public.

Arrange coop events, play with clans, squads or friends. :) The best way of playing ArmA!

I should point out that reports of this were predating DayZ, though previously the last culprit-or-scapegoat was Arma 2: Free.

you sadly always get some fools who get enjoyment out of doing this.. not just fps games but any MP game..

You used to get people hacking minecraft servers and destroying maps that people had spent months building up..

Its sad really that people get enjoyment from hacking..

As bad as it feels, Arma 3 public online feels even worse than counterstrike or even league of legends. It's mindblowing how many "wannabe-trolls" there are on public servers, who think they're mastertrolls when they start teamkilling.

Guess it was not DayZ after all that brought all the little crapheads out of their holes.

As bad as it feels, Arma 3 public online feels even worse than counterstrike or even league of legends. It's mindblowing how many "wannabe-trolls" there are on public servers, who think they're mastertrolls when they start teamkilling.

Guess it was not DayZ after all that brought all the little crapheads out of their holes.

ArmA has never been a "public game", though. It mainly consists of pre-made events, clanservers etc.

We can discuss semantics now, i'm pretty sure you know what i mean. Just start withsix and check how many servers you can join, and after that tell me again that ArmA isn't a public game.

We can discuss semantics now, i'm pretty sure you know what i mean. Just start withsix and check how many servers you can join, and after that tell me again that ArmA isn't a public game.

Sure. You can play it on public. But the experience you have there is nothing compared to the experience you get in organized games. It doesn't show its full potential in public, that's what i'm saying with "not a public game".

Sure. You can play it on public. But the experience you have there is nothing compared to the experience you get in organized games. It doesn't show its full potential in public, that's what i'm saying.

Of course you're right there. But not everyone is part of a big clan, and has to play with strangers, that's what i am saying. We're not talking about rolling thunder or something like that, but something that for example a new guy (to arma) would play.

Of course you're right there. But not everyone is part of a big clan, and has to play with strangers, that's what i am saying. We're not talking about rolling thunder or something like that, but something that for example a new guy (to arma) would play.

Yes, i understand!

Try to play on servers that are owned by clans, for example. :) Where admins are always online, etc!

Those "nickname-PC" servers isn't even worth going on.

Yeah, guess i need to keep my eyes peeled for a clan that needs pilots/drivers as well. ^^

Yeah, guess i need to keep my eyes peeled for a clan that needs pilots/drivers as well. ^^

Hey, we're no clan, but we are a testing unit for the alpha. That is going to launch or first event on saturday!

You could join us :)

We're mainly testing/having fun. Since we're no clan. But you will have fun!

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?147203-UK-EU-Alpha-Coop

i seen really much people throwing granades at start by pressing g instead of i for "gear"

Sure. You can play it on public. But the experience you have there is nothing compared to the experience you get in organized games. It doesn't show its full potential in public, that's what i'm saying with "not a public game".

In ArmA II, all I ever played on was public servers and before the DayZ surge, I was able to play some amazing games of insurgency and other coops. ArmA has always primarily been a cooperative game, whether or not public or private.

I think this is a new game/release phenomenon. After hype all over the media, the public seems interested and join the wagon. Unfortunately trolls are always within that crowd. It will ease out overtime... But I guess another surge might be in due after full game release.

The trolls usually will get tired over time and move on to next game to troll. For now, we just need to be patience and stay vigilant. Oh and btw, there's also this thing about the 'G' key... now it's for tossing grenade, before it was a gear menu... so some users might have an honest mistake there.

NTRUDER;2314949']Yesterday I was playing a custom co-op mission with my squad mates on our server "XSYS Sweden"' date=' and we were oh so excited to finally get our hands on the game! We were having a blast with all the new toys and just watching the scenery and hearing the much improved sounds. After some tweaking we even got the new stance settings sorted and were able to make use of this while taking on the OPFOR AI. Everything was perfect and we were a really happy bunch.

Then we unlocked the server and let the pubs in...

I don't know if I'm getting old and cranky but what the hell is wrong with some people? We could not start a single game without someone teamkilling half of the team at the beginning or destroying our vehicles on purpose. Not mention the voip spamming and placing satchels that blew up our weapon crates.

And it's not like these people got bored after having played "normally" for a while and wanted to take a piss for fun. No, they got right to it after spawning in.

I fail to see the point in "playing" this great game like this. Of course there are a few rotten eggs for every online game but what we saw was 30 or more offenders displaying this behaviour during yesterday evening. Quite sickening to say the least. I wonder if they are 'imports' from the DayZ community or where are they coming from? It doesn't seem like the OFP-Armed Assault-ArmA 2 crowd, that's for sure.

Anyone else seeing the same thing online? I'm starting to think we are stupid for putting up a public server for people to enjoy...:confused:

/ ']NTRUDER

PLEASE........ Arma3 has nothing to do with it.

You are the server admin...

You can decide who is playing on the server...

You decided to set the server public...

You bought a alpha...

You are perhaps not a good server admin...

You try to play a alpha like a full game...

You yes you...

Sorry, but I could not resist.

Give it time, the new Call of duty will come out and all the kids and trolls will go off and play that then it'll calm, as someone said before its just the hype of a new game brining out the bad apples. What makes you think there was an admin on the server, might not have been. Even so, there is nothing more frustrating than having to continually restart after some idiot destroys all the equipment, you would think that people could be a bit more civilised.

and this is why public servers are practically nonexistent in arma2

Oh there are, it was just ACE public servers were the best.

One of the things that turned me off greatly when I first started playing in 08 was the lack of public servers. If it hadent been for the editor I probably would not have stuck around with ARMA. Todays release with dozens and dozens of public servers filled to the brim was a welcome sight.

While I too was annoyed today by spawn base shenanigans and team killing private servers and the clans that are prerequisites for many of them are a turn off for a lot of people who do play correctly. It's just easier to jump into a public and play as a team with the folks in there than sign up with a million forums and clans till you find one that is right for you.

Could you imagine if all the new casual gamers, who despite their tactical shortcomings, are pumping more money to BI, couldent get into games easily. It drives the reputation of the game down and the profits. I pray the game stays popular and public servers stay plentiful.

I am considering joining a realism clan however. Anyone know of one that is as realistic as shack-tac, but without the devotion requirement?

PLEASE........ Arma3 has nothing to do with it.

You are the server admin...

You can decide who is playing on the server...

You decided to set the server public...

You bought a alpha...

You are perhaps not a good server admin...

You try to play a alpha like a full game...

You yes you...

Sorry, but I could not resist.

You can blame alot of stuff on "alpha", but not the community. At some point you need to stop using "alpha" as an excuse for everything - and the community/playerbase of a game is clearly NOT based on the state of the game. And of course you try to play "the alpha like a full game", how else are you supposed to play it? "Trolling" like the idiots the TE is complaining about?

Sorry, no. You should've resisted.

Anyone know of one that is as realistic as shack-tac, but without the devotion requirement?

None that i know of, you could ask here though:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?86052-Player-looking-for-squad-%28not-for-squads-to-post-looking-for-players!%29

and see what response you get.

Basically we've been banning people via their player ID's, just put a ban.txt into your Arma 3 directory on your server and then keep a track of their Player ID in the server box, if they mess about ban them and then kick them from the server.

Best Regards

Dale

Combatcomm if your A Veteran could hook up with around 400 fellow Vets in our community, so far I am the first over to ARMA 3 side of house but we have a bunch who play ARMA 2 and play just about every game/ console out there...