Sign in to follow this  
Winfernal

The evil "G"-button!

I was happy to see that i finally could join a decent PvP server! And everyone else in chat seemed to be happy too :D

We talked in chat, waited for the game to start, and prepared ourselves for this epic battle.

*loading*

The game was about to start! This was the day. I would finally get to see ArmA 3 PvP in action!

And i was in.

I noticed 30 other people. And everyone cheered since they've made several tries to start the server with the right amount of players. Several crates were on the ground with weapons and gear, and i was curious. "What weapons are hiding in those boxes?", i thought.

I ran to the first box, and i could feel the butterflies in my stomach just going berserk!

I looked on it, and pushed G, to open th-... No wait, G?!?!

"WHAT HAVE I DONE?!?!" i thought, as i saw the grenade flying between a group of people.

*BOOOM*

People flew around! It was chaos! I saw the killfeed displaying all of my kills. 5 people, 6 people, 7 people...

"BAN THAT GUY"

"OMG"

"WHAT THE"

A shitstorm errupted! And i tried to explain myself.

"B-b-but, i'm used to push G for inventory!"

And as i stood there like the villain i was. More grenades started to fly around! And i could hear people explaining themselves everywhere;

"SORRY, I DIDN'T MEAN TO"

"WHAT? G?!"

"LOL"

It resulted in a server restart.

Damn you "G"!

So, any stories about the evil "G-default" button? :D

Edited by Winfernal

CTRL + G to throw a grenade

CTRL + R to switch thrown item

G to open Gear

No problems here.

CTRL + G to throw a grenade

CRTL + R to switch thrown item

G to open Gear

No problems here.

I've changed it now :) But i just found the situation fun, as it was my first game of ArmA 3. And that damned default button!

I've changed it now :) But i just found the situation fun, as it was my first game of ArmA 3. And that damned default button!

That happened to me too but it was in the infantry showcase mission where I wanted to loot an enemy soldier :) BUT I did make it out alive, injured though :D

Iam worried about our first clan training too, this "G" Button is evil :D

Haha awesome. Nobody else forked up like me.

I threw a total of 3-4 grenades i think lol. At the same place

Once i threw once, and after recovering from the explosion i managed to throw another one :P

the person responsible for this keybind ending up in the alpha's release probably looks like this:

LITBNL4L2VMOXFKI.png

I'm going to use this as an excuse to teamkill my friends in our first op! :)

Everyone commits g suicide once ;)

Haha yup, happened to me a couple of times too...

Since then I changed my throw key to T and Gear to G.

Blown up the civ truck,blown up myself couple of times,blown up 2 of my friends(the third was jumpy when I approached a crate again so he just run) so yeah I really need to change it.:p

Me and my friend were playing around with the new attachment system. He wanted to try the new RCO scope, so I told him "Wait... lemme check my gear".

Pressed "G".

"Khaenz was killed."

"riw was killed."

Hilarious, but it was damn annoying since I was too lazy and I don't know how to put respawns or such in the editor :P

Another potential killer:

Is it normal key binding in A2 to use mouse scroll wheel, then leftclick? In A3 I have to scroll, then press Enter or Space. So currently what happens often is: I scroll and click. Bang, a shot. haven't shot any BLUFOR yet :)

Instead of complaining, why didn't you check the keybindings simple. :p Anyway g for grenade is much better, and i for inventory is quite logical at the end of the day.

Another potential killer:

Is it normal key binding in A2 to use mouse scroll wheel, then leftclick? In A3 I have to scroll, then press Enter or Space. So currently what happens often is: I scroll and click. Bang, a shot. haven't shot any BLUFOR yet :)

Yes! I've been fooled by that one too!

Instead of complaining, why didn't you check the keybindings simple. :p Anyway g for grenade is much better, and i for inventory is quite logical at the end of the day.

This is not a complaint, try to see the humor of the whole situation ;)

Before I start playing each game, I go to settings and set up my video/game/controls settings first. I checked the controls, and noticed that the inventory key was different than what I was used to, so I set it manually to G. And the point is, that I'm pretty sure, that the game didn't show it in a red color, as it does when you set up a key which is already used. Is this possible? I cannot check it now, beacuse I'm sitting at work atm, but I'm quite certain that after setting the G for gear, it was white as if it wasn't already taken by some other action.

Died three times in a single player. I even thought, that there could be some boobie trap inside those ammo boxes ;)

Lol glad I'm not the only one lol me and someone was stood next to crates and lol press g for gear lol I see it fall I run and survive bloke next to me never lol

Whilst I'm typing to say what happened boom I blow up someone else done the same thing does make ya laugh

The other silly thing I've done is on the showcase for under water when it shows a hint for artillery I'm just going through the motions doing what it's telling me then boom I'm blown out the water by it lol don't look at the ground when using artillery lol

Funny stuff

Why always that defensive attitude? Nobody is complaining. We're rather entertained.

@lololoJaykinch: Check your keyboard. Your lol-key is broken.

@AL: I'm also at work and I think I also saw this?/a? situation, where UI didn't show collisions. Not sure.

Edited by tortuosit

That's prob cos I was laughing so much remembering what happened lol

OP I did the same as you... Jumped straight into a MP Server to didn't check the controls, go to open inventory, toss grenade at a group of friendlys... Does Face palm and leave with a few sorry's

This happened to me when I first started the Alpha.. as well as being extremely confused at the new control scheme.

So I went into my options and changed the preset to ArmA2, and then did a few modifications to the controls to my liking. And now I'm content and everything is okay.

Before I start playing each game, I go to settings and set up my video/game/controls settings first. I checked the controls, and noticed that the inventory key was different than what I was used to, so I set it manually to G. And the point is, that I'm pretty sure, that the game didn't show it in a red color, as it does when you set up a key which is already used. Is this possible?

Confirmed. It does not shop the conflict.

Ha.. haven't fallen victim to the "G" key yet, but I've burnt myself trying to spacebar scan in several tight situations where I end up switching to my sidearm before I realized the spacebar doesn't operate the same way. I guess you live and learn.

Cheers :D