Sign in to follow this  
3inar

Artillery function?

Wasent it suposed to be just place and it wold work?

It might sure be they hadent gotten it to work properly yett so they dident includ it in alpha. But if anyone have an ideea on how to acive this in the editor I wold be most welcome!

Wasent it suposed to be just place and it wold work?

It might sure be they hadent gotten it to work properly yett so they dident includ it in alpha. But if anyone have an ideea on how to acive this in the editor I wold be most welcome!

sync arty module exc, (i mean all of the other support module) to the other support modules and then put down the support requester module sync it to the support you need, and then sync this last one to the player

I have managed to get the access to the support working, however:

Even though I put down the virtual support modules, when I try to select them it comes up with 'select provider' and there is nothing there! I thought that virtual pieces didn't need an actual unit?

Does anyone know the obviously small thing I am missing?

EDIT: Seems like there is a provider for the artillery only, although trying to request it gives the reason 'artillery is not responding'. Are the other modules just not functional?

Edited by RenwickCustomer

I managed to get a simple artillery working.

I synced it like this ME <-> Support Requester <-> Artillery (Virtual)

I was able to call in artillery through the communications section not the support one. ~ and then Communications, and the artillery call is right there.

ok it works in multiplayer. but only one time. after you die the first time, you can choose artillery strike but then nothing more like mortar and how much shells. so it works only on first spawning, and after dead no more

ok it works in multiplayer. but only one time. after you die the first time, you can choose artillery strike but then nothing more like mortar and how much shells. so it works only on first spawning, and after dead no more

You have to add it to player again after death ..

new Spawend Player has to sync again with the modul i think

Ok I got the arty and CAS to work, is there anyway to sync it up to an AI leader and have them use it when needed?

I managed to get a simple artillery working.

I synced it like this ME <-> Support Requester <-> Artillery (Virtual)

I was able to call in artillery through the communications section not the support one. ~ and then Communications, and the artillery call is right there.

Hey Okay I got this working... FOR A WHILE and now I go through the motions of (0) then (8) then click on arty and then click on MK mortar then the next part goes blank and the numbers 1-8 or 1-9 don't show its just a blank space!?!?! what went wrong???

Regards,

GODSPEEDSNAKE

this is how i set my artillery up click the link thanks http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LX6MVYEFPk&feature=youtu.be

Awesome this was extremely hellpful! Now that I finaly got it to work it raises one more question tho. How do I gett the AI to use it? Do we need a script for this now or is it just to place some module I havent found yett?

How did you get the CAS to work? or did you mean CAS Helo?

I meant a CAS with heli as jets aren't in just yet.

are there any solutions for resyncing with artillery after dead?

How can I setup that the AI use the Mortar (they have to be on map!)?

Yeah I tried on a new mission and still no go can't get the amount of to work at the final stage of calling in arty support!?!? It's just blank for me? Anyone else get it?

If you select Artillery (virtual) you don't need to have an AI mortar on the map. However if you place the virtual over water it wont work and you will get the issue above. Not sure if there is a max range on it, haven't pushed it that far yet.

FYI the way the virtual artillery works is by spawning a temporary unit to conduct the fire mission then delete it once the fire mission is complete. So, placing it on bad terrain isn't a good idea either. Might be a good idea for them to change it to use find safe pos function when spawning the piece for virtual artillery.

I suspect the way non virtual artillery work is by syncing an artillery piece with the artillery provider module.

If you select Artillery (virtual) you don't need to have an AI mortar on the map. However if you place the virtual over water it wont work and you will get the issue above. Not sure if there is a max range on it, haven't pushed it that far yet.

Yeah I double checked this, however it works up until it asks for how many mortars to shoot which is blank... That is the problem I'm having everything else checks out...

hi lads, im just uploading a new vid on how to use the support function to let your squad ai fire the artillery, if you want the ai to fire the artillery what isnt in your squad let me no and ill upload that vid,

---------- Post added at 23:00 ---------- Previous post was at 22:50 ----------

hears the link for the AI http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=US4hounpGXY THANKS

hi lads, im just uploading a new vid on how to use the support function to let your squad ai fire the artillery, if you want the ai to fire the artillery what isnt in your squad let me no and ill upload that vid,

---------- Post added at 23:00 ---------- Previous post was at 22:50 ----------

hears the link for the AI http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=US4hounpGXY THANKS

Wold defenetly be cool if you did a video where the enemy AI wold assult you with Artillery.