Sign in to follow this  
zynx33

low FPS in multiplayer

I get 60 FPS in singleplayer, 20 - 25 FPS in multiplayer. It's really annoying considering there is only 4 singeplayer missions. And I can't play ANY multiplayer. Honestly this happens in ArmA 2 aswell. My specs are AMD fx-6120 6 core 4.1Ghz, 10GB DDR3, Radeon 7850 2GB GDDR5.

I get 60 FPS in singleplayer, 20 - 25 FPS in multiplayer. It's really annoying considering there is only 4 singeplayer missions. And I can't play ANY multiplayer. Honestly this happens in ArmA 2 aswell. My specs are AMD fx-6120 6 core 4.1Ghz, 10GB DDR3, Radeon 7850 2GB GDDR5.

I had the same thing, sp was better than MP but MP was unplayable. I turned of Post Processing and put this -cpuCount=4 (I've got an I7 950) in the launch options in steam. I did those two things at the same time so I'm not sure yet which helped the most.

Give it a try if you haven't already

I had the same thing, sp was better than MP but MP was unplayable. I turned of Post Processing and put this -cpuCount=4 (I've got an I7 950) in the launch options in steam. I did those two things at the same time so I'm not sure yet which helped the most.

Give it a try if you haven't already

So I have a 6core CPU, would I do the same but with -cpuCount=4? I did =cpuCount=6 earlier, didn't seem to help.

Pure speculation, but if the game is anything like arma2 when it comes to server hosting the decrease in FPS is probably due to the hosts computer not being able to take the strain.

So I have a 6core CPU, would I do the same but with -cpuCount=4? I did =cpuCount=6 earlier, didn't seem to help.

I'd say so but maybe someone with a 6 could answer this for sure.

Same here but I don't notice it @ 25-30 FPS the game still plays OK on my GTX 460 2xAA and med settings.ARMA is not like COD or BF where at 25FPS it's unplayable

same thing with LOW graphic settings.... multiplayer unplayable

Q9550 @3.2ghz + ssd + 6gbram + radeon 5870

My specs:

AMD FX-6100

GTX 560ti

8gb 1600mhz ram

These specs exceed the recommended, and yet I can't run any of the showcases at any higher than 35 fps on medium graphics. 20 fps in the helicopter showcase.

GPU and CPU usage pretty much never go over 50% while in game. I've spent the entire day trying all the tricks that worked for optimizing Arma 2, and other games, but there pretty much nothing I can do.

Pure speculation, but if the game is anything like arma2 when it comes to server hosting the decrease in FPS is probably due to the hosts computer not being able to take the strain.

QFT.

THIS IS THE CASE!

Not everyone in the server list is running a dedicated one.

What I did in ARMA2 and in ARMA3 is turning off postprocessing FXAA (still having regular AA) and blur...that always helped a lot. Ofcourse, the machine which runs server is very important. But as this is Alpha I wouldnt be dramatizing. Its good we have alpha public now so we can report all we can find about glitches, bugs and performance. Turning off Vsync for us, TrackIR users is a no go because of screen tearing.

Edited by Tvrdi

My specs:

AMD FX-6100

GTX 560ti

8gb 1600mhz ram

These specs exceed the recommended, and yet I can't run any of the showcases at any higher than 35 fps on medium graphics. 20 fps in the helicopter showcase.

GPU and CPU usage pretty much never go over 50% while in game. I've spent the entire day trying all the tricks that worked for optimizing Arma 2, and other games, but there pretty much nothing I can do.

I have the exact same specs as you there man... I'm managing to play on high but with a few FPS drops every now and then (when I turn around, and in helos)

Have you guys with 6 cores changed the CPU count in steam and had any better results?

Guys that is a problem with the servers in the mp like in arma2. After 10min running the server fps drops into the hell, that was a big arma2 problem and now we have it in arma 3, too. No Server of the world can run a arma 2 server with much players stable, i hope they give it more attention in arma3...

I have the exact same specs as you there man... I'm managing to play on high but with a few FPS drops every now and then (when I turn around, and in helos)

Have you guys with 6 cores changed the CPU count in steam and had any better results?

Phenom x6 is like a Phenom x4 just with x2 core added. nothing special really. some phenoms x4 perform better in games even. since most games only use 2 or 4.

Guys that is a problem with the servers in the mp like in arma2. After 10min running the server fps drops into the hell, that was a big arma2 problem and now we have it in arma 3, too.

Correct.

No Server of the world can run a arma 2 server with much players stable

Tell that to XR that ran Benny Edition Warfare @ 32-48 players & 12 units per player for days straight with excellent FPS.

Phenom x6 is like a Phenom x4 just with x2 core added. nothing special really. some phenoms x4 perform better in games even. since most games only use 2 or 4.

Good thing he is not using a Phenom x6 then. I am running an FX 8150 + GTX 660ti with a pretty bad framerate on high settings.

My specs:

AMD FX-6100

GTX 560ti

8gb 1600mhz ram

< Gtx 580 Sli SSD i5 @ 4.5ghz only getting around 25fps on the helicopter scenrio. Whats this multi core thing for the start up, how do you know how many cores you have?

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 PM ----------

if i go to task manager and run performance it says it is running 3% and that with the helicopter scenario running, is thi sright i am ot too clued up on the technicalaties.

my PC:

Intel Core i7 960 4x 3.2 GHz

6 GB DDR 3 RAM

GeForce GTX 570 - 1.25 GB

Windows 7 x64 Home Premium

Low Frame rate:

In ARMA 3 Alpha I have bad and good fps. I say it so: it's unstable. In some areas fps is good enough to play like 35-50. But at laggy places in the town at night time for example, It's going down to 17. If you drive a car with first person view, it eating very much fps. like your fps / 2. From 3rd person view fps is good. I think that's because of mirror inside the car. And I think these mirrors are pointless. I hope BI delete it, because the image is slow anyway and takes much fps. No one need this -_-. Options, which takes much fps are: Object quality and Terrain quality. Reduce these settings to get more fps.

The second thing is - If you look at AI units, fps going down. And again, its like your fps / 2

< Gtx 580 Sli SSD i5 @ 4.5ghz only getting around 25fps on the helicopter scenrio. Whats this multi core thing for the start up, how do you know how many cores you have?

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 PM ----------

if i go to task manager and run performance it says it is running 3% and that with the helicopter scenario running, is thi sright i am ot too clued up on the technicalaties.

Are you alt tabbing to check task manager?

I was having the same problem and I agree on what some ppl have said some posts above.

On Singl eplayer mode I get about 30-50 fps with high settings in almost everything and in some things as standard (distance and shadows)

My PC is currently the "recommended" on steam product store, (GTX 660 TI / Phenom X4 / 16 GB) with which I think the game works perfectly. However in as other player report, the fps rate drown to about 15 and 26 fps, which sometimes makes game unplayable.

I've the same problem, in the same spot and in the same mission in Singleplayer, i've 40-45 FPS, 15-20 in Multiplayer.

System specs:

Nvidia GTS 250

Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q8200 2.33GHz

4GB RAM

Windows 7 32-bit

Strange Thing about Arma Series is that the Server can limit the FPS you get. It happens after some Time in Arma 2 or on bad Servers. In Arma3 it happnes after a few minutes on most Servers, because i assume the Serves are not good optimized, and the admins must learn how to configure.

Anyway, this is a fact and has mostly nothing to do with your GFX Settings. But i cant explain it, why would a server limit the FPS my GPU at Home can render? Perhaps a Arma2 Vet or a BIS Member can explain?

It's kind of silly, in the "sitrep" they released they were saying the Alpha ran smooth for everyone. Obviously that is not the case. I wish a BI employee would at least touch on this issue.

It's kind of silly, in the "sitrep" they released they were saying the Alpha ran smooth for everyone. Obviously that is not the case. I wish a BI employee would at least touch on this issue.

I can't imagine it would run smooth for someone using the stated Minimum System Requirements. Lots of optimizing to be done.

I can't imagine it would run smooth for someone using the stated Minimum System Requirements. Lots of optimizing to be done.

But I dont have minimum spec = i5@4.5ghz SSD 16 gig ram Gtx 580 sli > all on High or Very High = 30 fps average.