Sign in to follow this  
almanzo

Congratulations Bohemia Interactive!

Yes, Bohemia, I have to say, you've truly outdone yourself this time. Being that your best release yet is in an Alpha stage is already outstanding and I can't wait to see where you guys will be going in the coming months as we roll closer to the official launch day. The movement mechanics are fantastic and the weapons feel wonderful. Keep it up guys, don't let us down!

Get in here and get some feels. I don't know how you guys have managed to remain sane for the years and during the arduous process but it has definately paid off. The movement feels even better than Operation Flashpoint and the changes give the game a fresh breathe of life and evolution, something you don't often see in games, much less war oriented so kudos to everyone involved.

The launch was a bit rough but when you think about it, that says just how eager everyone was, and to be fair the folks at the store got everything working again in the same day so kudos to them as well.

Edited by NodUnit

I have to say since playing OFP in 2001, this engine they have now is there best in the series. Not because it only looks good, it's also optimized well. Good foundation for them in this Alpha build. I got maxed graphics and things are running smooth right now.

Thanks again for another sweet game!

congrats BIS! This one hooked me in for good, made me toy around in editor and play my simple missions 2 days long non stop! This is Arma, but a different one, a much better in every aspect of the game. Physics, animations, sounds, and more important combat handlig. Runing and shooting as a soldier feels much more fluent and "as it should have been" for long time!

Congrats to all at BIS for their fantastic work!!!! (..and keep it going ;))

This really is shaping up to be the best game ever made. [personal opinion :p]

I never could have imagined a game like this when I started playing in 2001.

I loaded this yesterday expecting to get a jerky alpha and was pleasantly surprised.

The stance system is amazing and overall the presentation, gfx, sfx and gameplay are really compelling.

Played the missions with a mate and got into some intense firefights.

What I really like though, is that you feel more in control of your avatar. In A2, it sometimes felt like the avatar *might* do what you ask of it.

Obv, there's bugs and the like, but overall, I'm really impressed.

Lastly, I hope BI use this opportunity to introduce "official" MP game modes. They could release a few missions and download new versions to the users as and when they patch the game (while receiving feedback from players on what they want from the modes). I do appreciate that the community missions are amazing, but when Arma 3 matures into a full release, it will be good for new users on launch day to have some inbuilt missions to play/host without downloading anything additional.

I appreciate your work since 2001 and I followed all the releases of OFP/ArmA, all extensions and DLC.

Congrats for this release. That is the right way to go ! Keep the pressure.

Im waiting the SDK and more content which are both going to follow.

Yeah its f*cking awesome, glorious even.

Best $30 Ive spent since my wife's wedding ring.

^^ LOL

Like to add my congrats to the thread, i've played 6 hours thus far and i was seriously expecting a much more crashy/buggy game with it being Alpha. I have everything set to ultra except for shadows PIP&PP, the game looks stunning during the bright day, the trees,grass the characters look great.

The game is smooth i get around 30-45 fps with FRAPS on and anything from 40-60 without recording, it can dip below 30 when in dense lush woods or towns packed with a.i. Very impressed so far and cannot wait as more features and content are added. The final product will be a game we will all play for years. Well done BI.

Yeah its f*cking awesome, glorious even.

Best $30 Ive spent since my wife's wedding ring.

Haha, that joke just made my day, thank you for that!

I'm seeing much improvements, keep em coming. :)

I've played Arma since Arma 1, and I've always felt like the game was basically a broken heap of great possibilities/promise. Despite that, there was some fun to be had in private servers, and I always felt like the development of Arma was something I wanted to support in hopes that someday something really polished would come out.

That day seems to be well on it's way. This alpha has exceeded my expectations, take that as a huge compliment. The weapons feel and look great, the movement finally feels good, the animation is good, you don't glitch through railings. You did a great job reworking the UI, a lot of little annoyances and quirks are finally gone. It's really looking like the final game is really going to finally be "that" game we have all been waiting for.

PS: Please let us press up against a ladder to climb it, menu's should not be used for anything movement related.

Merged with the existing thread :)

It looks and feels great. The environment, landscape design, units, vehicles, sounds, functions, gameplay... everything.

Everything is smooth and pleasant. Even the Alpha (not regarding some bugs, but that's what an Alpha is made for, so to speak).

Arma III is not the best game of its kind. It is the ONLY game of its kind (as every game of the Armaverse has been).

Thanks a lot BIS for this new amazing gam...simulator, sorry.

I play with Arma since Armed Assault, and Arma serie is from very far the only game which make me addict with playing video game. I love Arma, I love BIS, thousand thanks for your awful job :)

thousand thanks for your awful job :)

fuuuu-%D0%9A%D0%BE%D0%BC%D0%B8%D0%BA%D1%81%D1%8B-%D0%B4%D0%B5%D1%82%D0%B8-trollface-16025_(Small).png

Started with OFP in Nov. 2001 and am greatfull for the alpha release. Looks great guys!! Now fix all the bugs, jk. Thank you!

Must add my Congrats as well. I started on Arma from day 1, hence the reason i decided to back this early with the Alpha. Never was I expecting such a good smooth experience, Due to the fact it IS Alpha. I must say, this Alpha plays better than the majority of most full releases and bodes very very well indeed for the full game. Yes there are bugs thats to be expected, and lets be honest the whole reason we are playing now, so we can help you find those bugs. But I am blown away at how well it runs on my setup 5670 x 1080 and it is smooth.

Still cant hit a barn door at 10 paces though. :)

Keep up the great work guys and pat yourselves on the back, because you deseave it.

Cowboy10uk

Game looks like total shit on my rig, performance is terrible, especially in multiplayer, but man this is the funnest Arma game yet. The next few years are gonna be awesome, already excited for Arma 4.

I'm still blown away by how sexy Arma3 is, so many times during gameplay I just stop and marvel in astonishment at the incredible lighting, or the muzzle flashes, tracer rounds and explosions during night battles. All the compliments to Bohemia in this thread are well and justly bestowed, Arma3 truly is a thing of beauty.

Thankyou Bohemia.