.kju

Blitzkrieg for A3 (PvP Game Mode) (based on AAS)

AAS has always been a favorite, I'm looking forward to the Update :)

Tried to host this mission yesterday for some quick action with the Apex sneak peak build but unfortunately the markers doesn't seem to work anymore.

"No entry 'mpmissions\_cur_mp.Stratis\description.ext/RscTitles/AAS_HudBase/MiniMap.LineMarker'"

The Mission hasn't been modifed and everything else appears to be working as intended, just the markers are missing.

MiniMap.LineMarker easy fix, I just ran into that myself.. ill be back in a few to post it.

.put  this line end of your  class RscMapControl

class LineMarker

{

lineWidthThin = 0.008;

lineWidthThick = 0.014;

lineLengthMin = 5;

lineDistanceMin = 3e-005;

textureComboBoxColor = "#(argb,8,8,3)color(1,1,1,1)";

};

};

that should fix ("No entry 'mpmissions\_cur_mp.Stratis\description.ext/RscTitles/AAS_HudBase/MiniMap.LineMarker'")

Edited by dr death jm

@ .kju is there a Linux server set up for ifa3?

I tried something a while back but couldn't get it working ....

• Like 1

@ dr death jm

Its a simple fix yep. It was two instances though if I am not mistaken.

Linux should work fine with IFA3. At first you had to tolower yourself, but thats sorted by default now.

ok, to lazy to research it all agin, anyone wanna post all that ill need .. id love to try and have a ifa3 Linux server...

@kju  I have a couple of questions I hope you don't mind answering.  

This is for IFA3 versions of this mission pack. I sometimes run into an issue when I respawn I get stuck in a loop.  I respawn, suddenly die without taking a step and this keeps repeating until I hit esc and choose respawn to stop the loop.

I like to put ammo boxes and weapon boxes throughout the blitzkrieg missions I make but I have a problem.  Whenever I put anything in the backpacks they disappear without getting a chance to use them.  What would be the cause of this and can I fix it?

I also noticed you made a modset for the us army ( thank you so much ).  I also noticed it was for the west side so I went ahead and made one for the east side if anyone wants those files I am more than happy to provide them to you.  I also changed the backpack the us uses on the east side so that it's not the wonky one.  This is set up only for Blitzkrieg using IFA3 so you can now have the Us against Germany.

dr death jm

Better post in the IFA3 thread, or ask in discord (our server or in the official A3 server).

gerhart

1) For everyone terrain or even every mission?

2) I don't understand how backpacks related to ammobxes.

3) Sure would be cool :)

@.kju

Not sure if it's every mission but every one that I've played and only IFA3.  This also happened to me when I had the full conversion for IF on Arma 2 and it can be either the missions provided or ones that I make.

Sorry if I confused you about the backpacks as I just mentioned the ammo boxes because I put them on my missions, no connection to what is happening.  What I mean is any time I loot a body or grab things from an ammo box to put into the backpacks, the said items start to disappear without the chance of using them.  Example:  If I grab grenades off a body and put them in the backpack, within a few seconds they disappear from the backpack.  It's fine if I put them in the vest or uniform but not the backpacks.

Here is a link to my dropbox for those files if you would like them. https://www.dropbox.com/s/smeb4yy8ymokqzv/USArmy%20Eastside%20modset.7z?dl=0

How can I make it so that I can have a choice to go to two different capture zones.  Example:  from alpha have a choice to go to either bravo OR charlie and both of those go back to delta.

gerhart

Normally one should not be able to die while in the respawn "wait" zone. Only if its placed badly, and one gets injured by terrain damage (falling, collision, etc), one might die.

If its rather random, this seems to be something else though. Really hard to tell or fix without more specific details.

The only thing interfering with backpacks i can think of is the sniper&AT limitation from AAS. Not sure if this code is still in Blitzkrieg. Will check.

Thanks for the US template on RED side!

Alternative ways is rather simple - you link from A to B and C, B and C itself link back to A and to D (or separate zones). Only the last zone needs to be connected to all alternative paths.

There should be also a few missions with that setup (like the big one on Takistan) you can study.

@.kju Wow I didn't realize it was a simple edit of the zonesetup.sqf.  Here I was looking all over the editor trying to figure out how to link the different zones ready to rip my eyes out thank, you for saving my sight lol.

I just made a mission if you would like to check it out. It should be run with only infantry, no vehicles and with around 20 or more AI on each side.  I tried it with 100 AI but it was total hell trying to get anywhere without getting my head blown off.  Also it's meant for the player to be on the attacking side.  I understand you are very busy but I'll put the link to it just in case you want to check it out https://www.dropbox.com/s/abp4jiyyw8nn6s0/The_Capture_of_Kurozweki.Staszow.7z?dl=0

yep

---

Here is a question to you guys still playing Blitzkrieg:

1) Should I make an addon version?

This would mean that the mission itself would become very small, but in MP players would need to get the addon to join/play.

2) Should I upload an addon version to Steam workshop that also includes all missions (all-in-one package) or just addon containing the scripts?

Like uploading all missions one-by-one to workshop seems somewhat pointless.

Note: I can and will still offer a non addon version at the same time.

Its mainly a question if the mission should remain standalone for MP or the addon requirement is OK now.

• Like 2

yep

---

Here is a question to you guys still playing Blitzkrieg:

1) Should I make an addon version?

This would mean that the mission itself would become very small, but in MP players would need to get the addon to join/play.

2) Should I upload an addon version to Steam workshop that also includes all missions (all-in-one package) or just addon containing the scripts?

Like uploading all missions one-by-one to workshop seems somewhat pointless.

Its mainly a question if the mission should remain standalone for MP or the addon requirement is OK now.

Standalone would be better, more useful for those who don't use addons.

Addons for things that can be done without addons usually does more harm than good.

There are more people willing to handle the badnwidth needed for the automatic download even if it repeats itself on every mission variant (up to a point, of course), than people willing to go out of their way to download a mod outside the game.

I think you two (and probably others too) misunderstood the question.

Its about providing a second version for SP play or organized play where you download a mod pack anyway.

For public play the mission only version will remain.

So in other words the question is if there is enough interested or appeal to release such addon version?

Note: the whole source is already set up for a long time to just change one line to switch between mission only and addon version.

Has the mission been updated for APEX? 

No specific update for APEX yet. Means no Tanoa version yet, nor APEX mods sets (to play as factions introduced by APEX).

Or do you mean something else?

No specific update for APEX yet. Means no Tanoa version yet, nor APEX mods sets (to play as factions introduced by APEX).

Or do you mean something else?

No i didn't, its a shame there is no update yet. 

MACE uses the Zengin addon/mod(by eRazer) for its framework(cfgFunctions), which allows a smaller customisable mission with all the important functions, etc in the mod, plus you can include  SP and MP missions inside.

An addon is an obstacle to some players but a logical route if you are a developer.

So the choice is an logic vs public players.

I think a Blitzkrieg addon would be a good idea.

Sorry I don't quite get what you are saying.

Are you into technical side of things or just from the player perspective?

The addon route makes sense to me for the reasons you stated regardless of public players.

I think function separation is a good idea in an addon and separate addon/addons with a mission collections that use the addon.

From a players perspective I don't mind downloading mods to join a server but prefer workshop mods because they are easier to find and download and can have dependencies.

I would not call myself an arma3 developer but do dabble and sometimes use c++ in my day job.

Alright thanks. If I find the time, I will most likely offer mod version next to the mission only version.

What confused me why you brought up "Zengin addon/mod(by eRazer) for its framework(cfgFunctions)".

Like is there anything special about it?

eRazer has released the core functions as an addon and we use this for MACE.

Sorry was not trying to undermine your thread or promote,

but was trying to say we have come to the same conclusion regarding an addon.

Alright got it now and no worries. :)

eRazer has released the core functions as an addon and we use this for MACE.

Sorry was not trying to undermine your thread or promote,

but was trying to say we have come to the same conclusion regarding an addon.

I would prefer that a Blitzkreig be left as mission, there alot of squads out there that don't use addons.