.kju

Blitzkrieg for A3 (PvP Game Mode) (based on AAS)

New version available: https://dev-heaven.net/projects/push/files

Changes:

• Changed: Add RandomMode for all mission sizes for Stratis and Altis.
  • Changed: Launcher ammo needs backpacks now.
  • Changed: NVGoogles need side specific handling now.
  • Changed: Revise vehicle set definitions.

• Fixed: Campfire in base during night missions are missing.
  • Fixed: Backpacks need to be cleared of default content.

Full details: https://dev-heaven.net/versions/1515

Random Mode:

This is a special version for the game mode. The way it works is:

1. It automatically crates a mission different each time played.

2. As admin one can change the number of zones, their size and distance in the mission parameters.

3. As admin one can also adjust the positions of the zones during the briefing phase (

).

Works of course with or without AI.

Overall it allows you to easily play on new locations or terrain each time.

Modsets:

By default West plays as NATO and East as CSAT.

Modsets gives the admin in the mission parameters to change the faction/look of the units.

One can also easily add new custom factions/modsets.

One can also customize the equipment of the classes and vehicles used this way.

Enjoy. :bounce3:

Hello!

I remember I saw this PvP servers in the Arma3 Alpha, and was very fun.. but now I search for Blitzkrieg and I cannot find anything. Where they have gone? Are public? disappeared?

I'm sure more servers will be running this, once BIS adds a bit more 'guidance' to PvP matches in the browser.

And, once things like weapon switching while moving and similar clunky player control behavior gets modded or fixed by devs, the gameplay will be ever so slightly more efficient. Vanilla fixes > mods.

And lastly, a good loadout system that is used by all PvP games. Best if BIS does this vanilla too.

I love PvP but i don't like to have to walk to a case or brick or similar and scroll and scroll and click and choose what loadouts the mission has preset. If i join the game i want to have my own loadout ready to play. With more freedom of choice.

Now stuff like rocket launchers etc, i'm fine with them being not allowed. Best if gear has a weight vs speed vs stamina penalty. So users won't go crazy carrying 30 grenades.

I understand there are missions that need to have defined loadouts, or have roles, but even those could 'connect' with your existing loadouts and forbid/change it in-game. Though i prefer not.

Edited by zeep

Hello!

I remember I saw this PvP servers in the Arma3 Alpha, and was very fun.. but now I search for Blitzkrieg and I cannot find anything. Where they have gone? Are public? disappeared?

I ran the newest random mode which is great btw for a week or two, never saw more than two or three players on at once afterwhich it went totally dead, I get the feeling because it's class based no ones interested, people seem to expect to spawn in and see a VAS sitting there, well, I refuse to do that although the current mission I am running has a limited version of it which is fine.

Yes load outs need a refresh, I wonder if it's even possible to create a custom load out screen in arma without it being an addon.

---------- Post added at 23:29 ---------- Previous post was at 23:26 ----------

I'd also love to know how fatigue is disabled in blitzkrieg ?

Ref fatigue: Check this

And lastly, a good loadout system that is used by all PvP games. Best if BIS does this vanilla too.

I love PvP but i don't like to have to walk to a case or brick or similar and scroll and scroll and click and choose what loadouts the mission has preset. If i join the game i want to have my own loadout ready to play. With more freedom of choice.

Now stuff like rocket launchers etc, i'm fine with them being not allowed. Best if gear has a weight vs speed vs stamina penalty. So users won't go crazy carrying 30 grenades.

I understand there are missions that need to have defined loadouts, or have roles, but even those could 'connect' with your existing loadouts and forbid/change it in-game. Though i prefer not.

Everyone have a different perception of what should be allowed and what should be blocked, as you can see in current missions. Some missions don't allow any changes at all. Some allow you to take anything in the game (like sniper rifle, rocket launcher, and 50 grenades).

The problem is that ArmA's inventory, stamina and weapon handling are not realistic enough to allow you to just pick and choose your gear and face the consequences, because there simply aren't any (or at least they aren't realistic enough). Therefore to keep the game behaving in a somewhat realistic manner, missions have to include restrictions of some sort. The more freedom you have, the less realistic the gameplay will be. Maybe in 2030 we'll have a game realistic enough to simulate everything to the point where full freedom in loadouts is possible in a realistic fashion.

Having a choice is nice when it's actually a choice. Currently, though, if you're given the freedom to pick any weapons/magazines/items you want, it's pretty obvious what you'll pick if you have a clue how the game works. You'll never pick a non-scoped weapon because all scoped weapons also have backup sights with no real downside (though even without backup sights you'd still probably just stick to scopes if you learned to shoot unsighted and have at least some basic mouse control skills). You'll always carry a launcher with at least 1 rocket, because there is no real reason not to. You'll always carry a backpack full of ammo (rockets, grenades), again since there is no reason not to (small stamina loss but you run out of stamina quickly enough regardless that it doesn't really matter). For a primary weapon you'll most likely just pick the one with the highest caliber and highest magazine capacity (yes, so you might have to choose between a zaphir and a sniper rifle, but you'll never pick an MX, TRG or even MK200). This is the main reason why good missions cannot allow you to have freedom with your gear choices, as some choices you could make are simply way too powerful compared to how powerful they would have been in real life.

well said galzohar

however the game has also other major issues aside from the freedom/lack of freedom

like the server browser, promotion of high player count servers, lack of mission preview

Yes i agree with you too gal.

Some things i would like to see in-game are not feasible in Arma atm.

This is the main reason why good missions cannot allow you to have freedom with your gear choices, as some choices you could make are simply way too powerful compared to how powerful they would have been in real life.

Ironically all the most populated servers do allow that freedom.

That's one of the main reasons why they are popular - not necessarily good though (at least this aspect in terms of gameplay and teamplay).

Yes, they may be popular, but there are also a lot of people simply not playing at all because all they can find is those missions that they don't like. They're mostly popular because the servers can be populated with any kind of population, while anything higher level would require more advanced players, and thus never actually reach the critical mass of players required to keep the server full. The less a mission requires from the player/team, the more likely it'll get your server full, but that doesn't mean it's actually good. Think McDonald's...

I was just thinking , mcdonalds, burger king, and then the worst Chinese take away you've eaten....

@ Kju, I also remember playing Blitz in the woods and lots of people having trouble identifying enemy/friendly and a lot of teamkills.

---------- Post added at 19:57 ---------- Previous post was at 19:56 ----------

;2530085']Ref fatigue: Check this

thanks, just the job.

This is why I (had to) introduce[d] no damage by FF as default.. :)

Automatically killing any teamkiller with score of 0 or less (score being enemy kills minus teamkills) seems to also make teamkillers stop teamkilling pretty quickly, and actually gets the long term benefit of teaching them to identify uniforms. No FF damage doesn't achieve the latter :(

Personally I prefer mirror damage or the way you describe, yet many people had problems with the models - looking too similar for both sides.

To be honest, everyone I know who were b!@#!ing about the models being too similar will probably be embarrassed today if you were to remind them they actually said that. I mean, there is absolutely nothing similar about the models. It's simply a lack of will to learn what your friends look like. It's a proven fact that it is possible to learn to tell the difference (the complaints only come from new players or players who don't like to put any effort into playing). Using the "score" to determine whether to punish for a teamkill means you force the new players to realize that they can't just shoot anything they see, but allow truly accidental teamkills (with just a "X teamkilled Y" message so that the poor guy knows his death wasn't his own fault), as if you killed more enemies than friendlies you probably know how to tell the difference after which it is no longer the mission's responsibility to prevent you from making mistakes.

In general I agree and I sticked to this principle pre Blitzkrieg.

However it turns out (as easy to expect) that you loose out to simplified systems like AAS, Berzerk style / modes that go easy on players.

So no FF by default and 16vs16 & 32vs32 were my two main compromises, yet in the end it didnt matter much either.

Well I got fed up of playing on an empty server, I will play with AI back on Blitzkrieg, I need some practice ;)

Hi kju' date=' the only problem I found is there is no night vision even when set in mission parameters, this is random mode Altis AI version.

---------- Post added at 12:11 ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 ----------

;2532503']Personally I prefer mirror damage or the way you describe' date=' yet many people had problems with the models - looking too similar for both sides.[/quote']

Well theres no difference between snipers, one is slightly darker I think, and the divers are identical ?, I wonder if those two classes could be replaced with something other, maybe recon instead of sniper ?

Snipers still have uniform under the ghillie suit. Sure the "vegetation" is the same, but there is still uniform to be seen. For the rest it's a pretty obvious difference. Especially if player does not take off his helmet. Even the divers are quite different.

I don't think you're losing out to mods that are easier on the players. You're losing out to mods that allow the players to "farm" for better gear, style farmville / world of warcraft. And of course since this goes completely against any kind of tactical gaming, it's something no tactical mission will be able to compete with unless we get enough players who care about tactical gameplay combine effort and play together, due to how much harder it is to "kickstart" a tactical-based server.

New version available: https://dev.withsix.com/projects/push/files

Changes:

• Changed: Integrate Iron Front modsets.
  • Changed: Add missions from Iron Front.
  • Changed: Add templates from Iron Front.

• Fixed: Weather changes are not in sync or don't work at all.
  • Fixed: BriefingName text is no longer visible.

Full details: https://dev.withsix.com/versions/1569

Random Mode:

This is a special version for the game mode. The way it works is:

1. It automatically crates a mission different each time played.

2. As admin one can change the number of zones, their size and distance in the mission parameters.

3. As admin one can also adjust the positions of the zones during the briefing phase (

).

Works of course with or without AI.

Overall it allows you to easily play on new locations or terrain each time.

Modsets:

By default West plays as NATO and East as CSAT.

Modsets gives the admin in the mission parameters to change the faction/look of the units.

One can also easily add new custom factions/modsets.

One can also customize the equipment of the classes and vehicles used this way.

Enjoy. :bounce3:

Please help me, who plays this game mode, on what server, when and what mods can I use? I am soo tired of the editor at this point and want to play some good ol fasion PvP but as we all know, ARMA MP is a about 150 people max at any one time, mostly on Wasteland.

You can search here for Blitzkrieg/your desired game mode: http://arma3.swec.se/game/list

In general A3 MP is basically dead for traditional PvP since beta.

You may want to try TacBF if you can play in EU evenings.