.kju

Blitzkrieg for A3 (PvP Game Mode) (based on AAS)

I can't understand how revive is working (people always respawn at base, and when clicking on a fireteam mate you also respawn at base, only officer spawn seems to work). Is it in yet ?

bad weather condition left players from this game-mode....

please make something!!!

Maybe he is speaking about the dark / night mood of the default parameter. After 30 seconds you joined the time change to evening / morning

Edited by L etranger

Revive and FT respawn works fine here. Did you play on a dedicated server?

Normally BK also works in SP/hosted, but there might have some bugs creeping in.

I'm having trouble finding servers running Blitzkrieg, on both builds. I hope when the Beta hits admins will run this mission again.

Did people stop playing or has this mission evolved into some other mission that i've missed?

PvP is pretty much dead again - aside from Wasteland, some server here and there during prime time (EU evenings mostly), organized clan play in leagues and a few organized servers like arma3.ru.

Maybe it will change with beta or full release, but I dont have much hope any longer..

BI doesnt care, has no interest and A3 is still lacking so much in the MP area.

;2397123']PvP is pretty much dead again - aside from Wasteland' date=' some server here and there during prime time (EU evenings mostly), organized clan play in leagues and a few organized servers like arma3.ru.

Maybe it will change with beta or full release, but I dont have much hope any longer..

BI doesnt care, has no interest and A3 is still lacking so much in the MP area.[/quote']

:(

This is bad news kju..

Since alpha3's release i was hoping never to play a game against AI again.

;2397123']PvP is pretty much dead again - aside from Wasteland' date=' some server here and there during prime time (EU evenings mostly), organized clan play in leagues and a few organized servers like arma3.ru.

BI doesnt care, has no interest and A3 is still lacking so much in the MP area.[/quote']

What happened? It looked like PvP was huge when the Alpha was released. Maybe it's died down because of all the hacking. Will probably pick back up during beta again maybe or full release.

While the hacking is bad, it happened later on.

The one core problem is the bad server browser.

a) It shows both COOP and PvP. No way to show either one.

b) Lack of preview information about game modes make people hesitant to try new stuff.

c) Lack of filtering out undesired stuff, or combo filters makes it hard to get a good overview.

d) Lack of favorite servers, join server of my friend.

The other two are:

1) Regulars tend to migrate to the servers with highest player count.

2) Regulars tend to prefer open systems with maximum freedom (Wasteland, Domination style, Life, DayZ, CTI).

Ref: http://arma3.swec.se/game/statistics

These two are no problem or negative in general - it only shows the preference of the overall crowd.

Not just regulars, but new players too will also tend to try out the servers with higher player count, so eventually everyone end up playing the same old thing regardless of whether the new stuff is better, or even if it's old stuff that isn't flat-out better, it would still die out regardless of whether people want to play it or not, because they don't even have a chance to try it (can't try a big PvP mission or even a small one on an empty server, no matter how badly you want to).

Just to add to PvP overall. I just ran a listen server with a DeathMatch mission on it with like 8 players, i was suprised of how nice PvP already plays. I hope kju that BIS will develop basic PvP capabilities in both game and browser further.

I'm convinced arma3 can shine in the PvP department.

PS: The gear menu in that deathmatch mission is great! A player doesn't have to go to a crate to arm, instead it gives a simple 3d soldier and a menu to select some gear. I'm sure such menu's can be extended. It would be nice to see something like that in Blitzkrieg and DTAS!

No disrespect meant by the way!! <3

Edited by zeep

Considering the community continuously openly promoted people to seek private servers, I think that saying the fault lies fully with BI is rather hypocritical.

Only BI would have the possibility to really improve the situation by

1) delivering their own strong PvP game mode and have it constantly updated

2) promoting the game accordingly (arma is not known for PvP at all at this point)

3) enhancing the usability - largely improved server browser, friends features, addon sync, better interface

But this won't happen.

@NodUnit

The "go play on private server" nonsense is only said by a very small, vocal but very clueless group of people. Yet their cheap talk has no relevance at all.

@zeep

While many players like to customize their equipment, it's bad for the flow of play and gameplay.

AAS clearly shows that in comparison to Blitzkrieg. So won't happen.

Basically the ArmA inventory, stamina and weapon handling/control systems are not realistic enough to allow you to "make choices and face the consequences". Mostly, there is just no real reason to take more, bigger and heavier stuff if given the option to. Full gear customization can only work in a game that really takes realism to an extreme, and ArmA just isn't there, and doesn't seem like it's trying too hard.

;2398531']

3) enhancing the usability - largely improved server browser' date=' friends features, addon sync, better interface

[/quote']

Actually, this will most likely happen.

Well Dwarden's has been pushing for these for years.. sure STEAM might bring some of these via external interface/app.

However I wouldn't have high hopes if I were you..

This was my favorite gamemode back at release. When everyone started moving to coop modes and wasteland, the servers using this mode were all empty.. and I've been playing in the editor ever since.

;2400218']Well Dwarden's has been pushing for these for years.. sure STEAM might bring some of these via external interface/app.

However I wouldn't have high hopes if I were you..

Dwarden said that there will be an improved server browser in later versions of Arma 3 (Beta or release). And since it's confirmed that A3 will support Steamworks, you should be able to join through Steam friends

New version available: https://dev-heaven.net/projects/push/files

Changes:

• Added: Center the minimap in the spawn dialog on the selected spawn position.
  • Added: Enable observer slots.

• Changed: Disable random weather settings again.
  • Changed: Make player marker look different.
  • Changed: Enhance revive and hide body action distance.
  • Changed: Move NV Goggles to inventory when it is not night time.
  • Changed: Adjust class equipment.
  • Changed: Adjust magazine count for certain weapons/classes.
  • Changed: Adjust AT class limit.
  • Changed: Add standard ammo for the diver for land combat.
  • Changed: Give Saboteur and Officier unique headgear.
  • Changed: Make outro to show attacker side.
  • Changed: Avoid negative time skip.
  • Changed: Disable respawn timer.
  • Changed: Make top center zone status message more clear.
  • Changed: Enable friendly fire in MatchMode.
  • Changed: Update certain missions.

• Fixed: Missing weapons and magazines with new A3 stable version.
  • Fixed: Disconnecting player blocks his former fireteam slot.
  • Fixed: Class change action is not removed on use.
  • Fixed: Observer does not see unit count in zones.

New missions:

• 16 S AgiosCephas
  • 16 S JayCove
  • 16 S LZConnor
  • 16 S PincerAttack
  • 16 S StonyShores
  • 16 S TheSpartan

Full details: https://dev-heaven.net/versions/1484

I played this a lot just after the release and it got me excited about how great ArmA 3 will be, in regards of teamwork oriented PvP. I took a break of about 2 months and came to see the PvP servers that dominated the release have all been disappeared and Domination/COOP/Wasteland plague took over the server browser again. I honestly don't know how people like to spend 3-4 hours fighting against the brain dead AI.

I suggest that we pick a designated "official blitzkrieg" server, favourite it and keep it populated at all times.

[*FK*] Feldjaeger tried/tries to establish a nearly 24/7 Blitzkrieg server since release:

http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/84.201.34.208:2362/

Homepage: http://www.franzkaiser-clan.de

But it is very hard to establish one with all the high player count Wasteland and COOP modes.

--

We/PvP clans play Blitzkrieg in cups and a ladder. See: http://www.pvpscene.org

Thanks for the update!

I will frequent [*FK*] Feldjaeger as much as possible.

Hi guys

Please excuse the noob question, but Im not quite sure how to install this mission.

Do I just place the pbo files inside the MPMissions folder?

thanks!

yep correct

;2415917']yep correct

Ok thanks. And then I just look for any of those map names in the multiplayer server list? Or?

you go multipler, hit the "new" button and host a local server

there you have a list of all missions; in the lobby there is the parameters button in the top right to change various aspects