.kju

Blitzkrieg for A3 (PvP Game Mode) (based on AAS)

i have a server with only blitzkrieg map, i think it's the best way for smart enjoy in arma3.

i have few questions for kju:

- why in f10 team selection my soldier name is wrong?

- will be possible in team selection make teamgroup > 4 players in next blitzkrieg version?

tnx

Edited by T3mp

@About players arrow in minimap/map

It was a progress making the players-arrow *somewhat bigger..but still i m struggling for at least 5 secs to verify if _this arrow is..really me.

Of course my eye-sighting slightly reduces over years..but i m still believe there is problem there.

First thing comes to my mind was the @PR approach.

Player icon on map was "Orange"

Your_squad (aka Fireteam) icons depicted as "Green"

..while your (non squad)side-mates depicted as "Blue".

Pretty "clear" if you ask me...

Edited by GiorgyGR

@ T3mp

Can you post a screenshot of the buggy name display (and your client rpt) please.

Fireteam size to 4 people is very hardcoded - would be quite some effort to change.

Personally I am convinced it is important to keep the size small for better teamwork.

Why do you want bigger / why do you think bigger would be better?

@ GiorgyGR

The colors are reserved for the different fireteams. It is important to know about other fireteams too.

The only other option I see is a different shape/type of marker.

Unfortunately available selection is very limited and you cannot add new ones in a mission.

I understand your concerns but maybe you must consider also this game-mode (..and ol'good AAS) is SO fast-i rarely had the free-time to even check what MY fireteam does.

I have 5 (10 max) seconds to take a peak in the map..and multiple colors are just confusion.

In my 5 seconds i must know:

1)Where m i

2)Where is my heading

3)Where is my team (and their heading)

4)If there are other (mostly irrelevant) friendlies around and/or close to the objective

_This Fireteam system will be very good at larger (as CTI) game modes..but for my POV makes things complicated.

With Respect :)

@ GiorgyGR

I don't see the difference really. Once the player has a different marker, you will have one color for your fireteam and the other colors for the rest.

baah man..nevermind..

It's not your fault if my eyes aren't in their best shape anymore - neither if i still play in a 19'' monitor :/

Most servers anyway has veteran settings-and even your team-mates aren't visible on map/minimap.

(Lots and lots of friendly fire too-as you might already know..)

Do what you do best ;)

Friendly fire is disabled by default.

A mission cannot disable the unit markers by the engine itself.

Are you telling me one will not recognize different marker shapes?

As the system would be essentially what you suggest aside from multiple colors for others fireteams instead of just one.

I think you really have to read again what I suggested as it seems you didn't understand it correctly yet.

Edited by .kju [PvPscene]

I m not saying anything man.

You 'r doing really good making a stable game-mode promoting PvP aspect of ARMA3.

Keep up!

please, can you change the weather condition? a few maps are toom much darker....

The map begin with sun and after 20/30 sec turn into dark and cloudy condition... and players left the server.

currently there is random daytime, weather and fog - with bad conditions somewhat exponentially less likely

as admin you can change the settings via the mission parameters too

;2368784']as admin you can change the settings via the mission parameters too

- where/how can i change weather/daytime exactly?

- I can't disable 3rd person view: i set the difficulty to veteran, and 3rdPersonView=0; in the veteran class of my Arma3AlphaProfile, but it doesn't work! Anyone managed to disable it? How?

- I noticed that the server is not visible in the server list (with proper filters) until someone enters it by remote IP. Anyway to fix this?

Edited by wtfatty

1) As admin you hit the parameters button (top right/center I believe) while in the slot selection screen.

2) It is broken, unless you use the dev branch or this server side addon.

3) Post your server.cfg and other details in the server admin thread.

;2368784']currently there is random daytime' date=' weather and fog - with bad conditions somewhat exponentially less likely

as admin you can change the settings via the mission parameters too[/quote']

Random daytime, weather and fog don-t work properly. 90% maps start with sun and, 30 sec after, turn into fog and bad weather condition. if i am logged as admin can change weather, and the changes has effect.

You can check that in all bitzkrieg servers.

Well default time is always 12 o'clock, sun and no fog. A change always happens delayed.

Normally it should happen in the first few seconds, but maybe A3 has problems. Will look into it.

With that said we can't confirm that 90% from our playing experience.

In my experience, if you set time of day for all clients you will always have problems (maybe unless you sync it directly across the network via scripting).

Since when you finish loading a mission a server will synchronize its current time and date (and weather/overcast?), if you set the date from the pre-init phase (as in, from a unit's init line or a script called from an init line) on the server only, then you will get the correct date for all players - JIP or not. I've noticed some problems, though (at least back in Arma 2), if the date was an earlier date than the mission date (set in mission.sqm), so you should probably make sure the mission date is set to something earlier than any possible parameter date.

i am doing setDate on the server only in init.sqf, however it could happen to have time moved back.

hence I changed to make it plus one day in every case now thanks to galzohar's advice.

we will do some tests and release an update

;2360617']@ SneakersO_Toole

You need to download/use the extra AI version pack.

Could you provide a link to the AI version pack?

I downloaded the files Blitzkrieg_A3_2013_04_03, are the AI missions named differently? or is there a separate download needed

I think it's also safer to do setDate in some kind of preinit, so that it has a 100% chance to execute before any client loads the mission. init.sqf can run after clients start loading the mission, and thus in rare cases can set the date on the server after a client already has the old date synchronized.

bad weather condition left players from this game-mode....

please make something!!!

what do you mean?

Hi kju,

I'm trying to do a Conquest mission (like Battlefield2's Conquest) is it a problem for you if I use your Blitzkrieg mission as base for my Conquest mission?:o

Thank you.

no problem at all. fell free to :)

note a ticket system is already available via mission parameters

;2377291']no problem at all. fell free to :)

note a ticket system is already available via mission parameters

Thank you very much :)