.kju

Blitzkrieg for A3 (PvP Game Mode) (based on AAS)

New version available: https://dev-heaven.net/projects/push/files

Changes:

• Added: fireteam respawn.
  • Added: fireteam selection menu.

• Changed: Make daytime, weather and fog conditions random by default.
  • Changed: Reduce default view distance.
  • Changed: Move stance indicator to the top left.
  • Changed: Disable inbuilt A3 player position display.
  • Changed: Improve button design.
  • Changed: Make interface and all dialogs look the same regardless the user's interface size settings.

• Fixed: Minimap is not always centered on the player.

Notes:

• Four missions are available in two variants; use the XXX_stable for the stable, and the XXX for the dev branch.

Full details: https://dev-heaven.net/versions/1447

---------- Post added at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 PM ----------

@kzrts

Possible to provide the server rpt or exact repro steps please.

@BigShot

Sorry - had to delay the AI version. Fireteam respawn and the menu took way longer than I had hoped.

---

Anyone wants to help with additional translation or complete/improve the existing?

awe shucks...np, i understand...hopefully you can get it working next time.

The new fireteam selection is very nice.

A much needed feature for all tactical PvP missions.

Well done!

Changes:

• Changed: Enable spawn protection objects.
  • Changed: Adjust ammo for machine gunner.
  • Changed: Add flare ammo only during evening/night time.
  • Changed: Hide stance indicator when dead or inside a vehicle.
  • Changed: Make observer mode show player names instead of group names in the selection box.
  • Changed: Make HUD and minimap work with watched unit as observer.
  • Changed: Show unit markers for both sides as observer.
  • Changed: Add quick map to observer mode.
  • Changed: Show east as red and west as blue unit markers in observer mode.

• Fixed: Hints are not shown.
  • Fixed: Observer view did not switch back to player view on exit in all times.

New missions:

• 64 H QuadBikeMadness
  • 64 H TheLongPath

Full details: https://dev-heaven.net/versions/1450

We have a problem with a mission BK_32_L_AgiaMarinaCityWar.Stratis.

When the objective moves to Foxtrot, it is not possible to kill players anymore, all in the server just become invulnerable.

Will look into it tonight. Rpt from server and client(s) would be helpful though.

This occurs not only in this mission, the same bug occurred BK_08_T_FuelStationRaid.Stratis map, have not tested other maps ...

Is this since yesterday's release or even before?

Also does it happen only at a specific zone or not limited to it?

The zone protection objects are in now. Maybe you are trying to shoot someone side a protected area?

ok bug confirmed. debugging now

edit: source found i believe. releasing hotfix very soon

Edited by .kju [PvPscene]

;2357320']ok bug confirmed. debugging now

edit: source found i believe. releasing hotfix very soon

Thank you!

HOTFIX -New version available: https://dev-heaven.net/projects/push/files

Changes:

• Added: AI version.

• Changed: Update Russian translation. Thanks to Prodavec.

• Fixed: Clients create duplicate zone protection objects.
  • Fixed: Script error when opening map.

Full details: https://dev-heaven.net/versions/1451

Thanks for releasing the AI version! Love the PvP, but at times it is nice to fill the server with AI till actual people show up!

Love the gameplay... The new version have placed the FPS off the hook for some reason!

Averaging above 60fps(for now) on 16-32 player maps with 670 card. great work and thanks for continued updates!

Edited by Fuby

Some notes on the AI version:

• It is completely untested in MP under A3
  • At least be careful with the numbers - too much AI probably drags down server and client FPS, or worse (lag/desync/crashing)
  • The missions with simple line zone placement design is probably not very good for AI (too similar movement/paths used)

yep sure. although for high AI numbers it might beneficial to start the mission on a local dedicated server to offload the AI to another core

This mission doesn't works with the latest patch ... or what? Coz all the servers have disappeared, or suddendly all the users decided to not play it? I'm confused...

;2358937']yep sure. although for high AI numbers it might beneficial to start the mission on a local dedicated server to offload the AI to another core

I copied the missions to arma 3\MPmissions and run it local lan and can change the options, but how do I put the ai in?

This mission doesn't works with the latest patch ... or what? Coz all the servers have disappeared, or suddendly all the users decided to not play it? I'm confused...

The biggest problem with Blitzkrieg (imo) is being shown as not playing.. When the match ends..its time to pick another map.. if everyone is tired of playing for the day/night then the server sits as "creating".. waiting for that first player to launch another blitzkrig mission..

Suggestion.. is it possible to make the AI version looping? possible switching of sides? so it stays as a continuous war till admin changes map?

Might be another way for people to see Blitzkrieg is active more than it shows.. great game play.. wasted on "creating" server time..

The biggest problem with Blitzkrieg (imo) is being shown as not playing.. When the match ends..its time to pick another map.. if everyone is tired of playing for the day/night then the server sits as "creating".. waiting for that first player to launch another blitzkrig mission..

Suggestion.. is it possible to make the AI version looping? possible switching of sides? so it stays as a continuous war till admin changes map?

Might be another way for people to see Blitzkrieg is active more than it shows.. great game play.. wasted on "creating" server time..

That wasn't a problem until the update.. i mean, i seen tenth of servers with ppl aboard at each time of the day... but then, right after the update, the mission basically disappeared from the server list, and now i see only few servers with ppl aboard (1-2). So it's not about the "not playing" thing, it was always like this.. but it must be something else.

@ SneakersO_Toole

You need to download/use the extra AI version pack.

@ Fuby

This is already case - but server admins need to have to set persistent=1; in their server.cfg.

So in other words with the AI version, they continue to fight even with no players present,

and the mission time is prolonged accordingly.

The other aspect is server admins to set a mission cycle to automatically select and start a mission.

@ WalkerDown

I believe the situation has multiple aspects to it:

• Server list still limited to 500 servers. To filter for HOLD or Blitzkrieg may or may not show you all servers; still no good for the average player
  • Wasteland is very hyped and well known to the DayZ crowd
  • My clan mates already stopped playing A3 public again as it was too frustrating for them (TKs, no teamplay, etc)
  • Our 4on4 BK cup might draw away some clan players from playing BK on public servers
  • A3 issues like stable-dev branch player split, hacking, performance issues for some, weak MP interface, 9000s lobby wait, etc etc
  • Blitzkrieg is a bit more demanding than the instant join and run around Wasteland - the BK interface needs to explain things ingame to new players to educate new players about the system and its features
  • Overall player count of the alpha is not that high in the end and there was quite a drop after the first two weeks (ref: http://arma3.swec.se/game/statistics); keep in mind the split between PvP and COOP, and again between the different game modes
  • Lack of content in the alpha (tanks, choppers, planes, weapons, more diverse terrain)
  • Lack of any PvP mode by BI themselves and zero promotion - is Arma (so far) known as a good PvP game .. sadly no

Hold/BK is still 3rd with 6%, but vs the 48% of Wasteland .. and the situation for all other PvP game modes is even more tough (except for CTI probably).

I see, it looked only strange the timing or the coincidence: the day before there were many Blitzkrieg servers (it was the second most played mod after Wasteland), with many servers in the top-20 ... but then suddendly they all got zero users (or such), so i was worried why this happened in less than 12 hours and i tought about a sort of "incompatibility". When ppl lose interest into something it doesn't happens so fast.... strange thing. :)

Changes:

• Added: fireteam member display to HUD.
  • Added: respawn buttons for fireteam members in the spawn menu.

• Changed: Improve outro dialog design.

• Fixed: No check if the selected fireteam member is inside a zone.

New missions:

• 16 S CliffHanger
  • 16 S GirnaRush
  • 16 S KaminoBay
  • 16 S KyfiBay

Full details: https://dev-heaven.net/versions/1458