.kju

Blitzkrieg for A3 (PvP Game Mode) (based on AAS)

@ cm.

It works on both stable and dev. Only four missions are available in two versions.

@ Chortles

This may be of interest: Promote good defending?

I understand its going to take alot of work to make AAS. however I do have to voice that many times a night people on our server ask if there is a version that both teams can take ground. I wonder if it would be easier to do, to have just a conquest mode where the Objectives aren't linked. (Or I guess you could just link them all to each other). But alot of people miss the option to counter attack and take ground back. I guess the mode Im hoping for would basically be conquest mode ala Battlefield series. Also another request is that the "Change Class" option be displayed for about 5 seconds longer. Many people seem to load in and just miss the option, and then have to suicide to get back to the spawn screen. Great work though, it can get VERY intense and fun in these zone fights!

Thanks for the update!

I wish too for the possibility to cap lost points back. And missions with just 1,2 or 3 points.

Just checked Something Awful's Arma 3 thread, and you've got their seal of approval... or at least the thread starter's. :p

The case of "Metro 64" was about how a specific map's design, in particular the placement of the center flag (there's three plus the spawns) would influence a particular match type with a certain player count/threshold, right down to where the specific stalemates would occur. I took a look at the thread that was linked, but it seems more like "supporting attackers" in case of uneven teams?

someone know if squad.xml and squad icon on vehicle are supported on Blitzkrieg?

tnx

I've got a question on this great mission... I love it but recently my clan made the decision to remove it from out server... Reason being is we are having a tough time keeping it going after a round ends... The round ends and will just sit there until one of us logs into the server as admin and start the next round.. We can't baby sit this server all day 24/7..

So with that my question is how can we automate this to restart automatically? We are only running the CampMaxwellIsHeckiling mission... Once it's up we don't usually have issues getting it going it's just when the round ends and we have to wait for the next round to start...

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Good afternoon,

I know this is a noob question but have to ask ... how and where to put the command and what is the command to unlockable friendly fire and smoke grenades in the match ???

I've got a question on this great mission... I love it but recently my clan made the decision to remove it from out server... Reason being is we are having a tough time keeping it going after a round ends... The round ends and will just sit there until one of us logs into the server as admin and start the next round.. We can't baby sit this server all day 24/7..

So with that my question is how can we automate this to restart automatically? We are only running the CampMaxwellIsHeckiling mission... Once it's up we don't usually have issues getting it going it's just when the round ends and we have to wait for the next round to start...

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

yeah man we feel your pain. it isn't the mission however, it is the 9000 second timeout that we cant seem to change in the server config. So no matte what mission you play when it rolls youwill have toall hit "ok" or have an admin start it. Welcome to Alpha I guess. Hope they deliver some server tools for A3 Soon!

About mission-pack's UI

It is very difficult for me to distinguish MY unit (green arrow) in the bottom-right mini map.

IDK maybe use stronger color? Can you fix this?

About mission-pack's UI

It is very difficult for me to distinguish MY unit (green arrow) in the bottom-right mini map.

IDK maybe use stronger color? Can you fix this?

me too.

a good idea is make a pink arrow for self arrow, and enlarge border for all arrows.

- add a squad radar (dyslexy style). (change color/squad pressing f10 is fine).

New version available: https://dev-heaven.net/projects/push/files

Changes:

• Added: Make it possible to configure the clothing of classes.

• Changed: Improve zone boxes display on the right side.
  • Changed: Make the player's marker bigger from other unit markers.
  • Changed: Make class change at mission start available for a longer while.
  • Changed: Make player marker background white, if fireteam color is black.
  • Changed: Add additional fireteams.
  • Changed: Reduce body interaction distance.
  • Changed: Zone positions in some tiny missions need adjustment.

• Fixed: Small mission length is faulty.
  • Fixed: Class not available are still shown in the notes section.
  • Fixed: DangerousCliffs has set the wrong side as attacker.

Notes:

• Four missions are available in two variants; use the XXX_stable for the stable, and the XXX for the dev branch.

Full details: https://dev-heaven.net/versions/1446

---------- Post added at 08:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

Sorry was quite busy the last few days.

Will respond to your questions and comments tomorrow. :o

PvPscene wiki available again finally:

http://pvpscene.armaholic.com/wiki

@Unit icons of hostile units

Tried to get rid of them in minimap/map, but no dice. It is hardcoded.

Either you have to bug BI (feedback tracker), or get admins change their difficulty settings.

I will release a server side addon that sets all four to veteran settings by default

(along with a few other useful tweaks). This is probably most feasible way to go for now.

@AbortedMan

You can define uniform, vest and headgear per class in the definition files now.

One can also define multiple defines per side and select them before mission start

(currently just deactivated as there is just one available per set so far).

@jumpartist

No AAS or C&H by me sorry. I don't think it is wise to mix these into one either.

The mission layout is done specifically for A&D design, and A&D can be made asymmetric just fine.

Especially if you are switching sides after a round and play it in stopwatch mode.

The user action is now shown for 20 seconds (from 10).

@zeep

It is very easy to make new missions - how about trying it yourself? :)

One can do just one/two/three zones, or also more than 10/12.

Be sure to check also the mission parameters - quite some options available to tweak the system.

@Chortles

You are right. There is a lot more to it. I was merely suggestion to use a separate thread

for the discussion, if you are interested.

Overall there go several considerations into a design of a mission, like distance between zones,

longer distances for later zones, flag placement, zone placement, zone pattern and more.

However it is also not easy to judge how it turns out in actual gameplay - so it is more a constant

tweaking process. In addition the difference between public and match play make it harder,

as does high player numbers like 24vs24 or 32vs32 missions.

@T3mp

squad.xml should not be mission specific. It is about infantry models and vehicles,

that need certain definitions in the model.

@shan1784

Define a mission cycle with the desired mission(s).

This should auto select and auto start the mission immediately.

Will provide some docu later today.

@Alcaran

Either admin has to change it in mission parameters (button) in the player lobby,

or you need to define a mission cycle and assign different defaults.

Will provide some docu later today.

@GiorgyGR @T3mp

The player marker is bigger now.

Different color doesn't work as color must be same as the fireteam you are in.

I tried different background color/border color, but it didn't work well either.

Thinker border didn't work well either, but I will try again.

Squad radar and minimap is too much in my view. Teamplay should also consist of communication.

Edited by .kju [PvPscene]

It's a really fun gamemode, so thanx, even with the enormous amount of teammate stupidity you have to put up with.

But I dont understand why the Opfor team has the littlebird helis. Why don't they have the ka60's. It's not good that I have to wait for a heli to attack me before I know whether I can fire on it.

@SneakersO_Toole

In the end it depends on the mission author's design and ideas.

There are no hard restrictions there in place.

The idea here is to retexture the choppers according to its side.

Should be available eventually.

---

WIP fireteam menu:

http://imgur.com/i3KWksu

Design suggestions/ideas welcome :o

;2349256']PvPscene wiki available again finally:

@Alcaran

Either admin has to change it in mission parameters (button) in the player lobby' date='

[/quote']

Changing any of the settings in parameters wether it is the weather,time of day, respawn or the amount of vehicles seems to have no effect at all. It's always going to be default on mission load.

Changing time of day makes the mission ends automaticly, I've tried changing it to 85 (13:25) minutes after default time (12:00) to see if it was ending mission after the default 90 minutes timer, and it did end at 13h30 ingame saying the duration of the mission was 1hour30 minutes. Also there is no vehicules at all on most 64 players map wether they are randoms or not.

Edited by kzrts

Can you send me your client and server rpt please kzrts.

is there a CooP version of this planned, and will friendly AI be enabled for that version by chance?

Thanks!

Please let's leave AI out of this.

Let's just add to PvP quality gaming.

Hope to get finally the AI version out tomorrow.

Another suggestion could include modifiable parameters in the option of removing the crosshair on the screen forcing players to aim to make a couple more hardcore ...

;2350361']Hope to get finally the AI version out tomorrow.

wow, superb!

Thanks so much :bounce3:

@Alcaran

Crosshair is server side setting. Nothing the mission can change.

@kzrts

Hm it only has these three error, but they are not from the game mode (either a client side addon of yours or another mission played in between)?

Error in expression <_textPos = format ["%1 %2 %3", _posInfo select 0, _posInfo select 1, _p>
 Error position: <_posInfo select 0, _posInfo select 1, _p>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: _posinfo

Error in expression <_timeLeftDisplay = _timeLeft - (_timeLeft % 1)>
 Error position: <_timeLeft - (_timeLeft % 1)>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: _timeleft

Error in expression <s = format ["Respawning in %1 seconds", _timeLeftDisplay]>
 Error position: <_timeLeftDisplay]>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: _timeleftdisplay