.kju

Blitzkrieg for A3 (PvP Game Mode) (based on AAS)

"Funnily" BI decided to change the class name of one of the cars.. hence its either stable or dev branch.

You can use the 64 player version from the release before for now. Lets hope there is a new stable soon.

Best to bug BI about this poor version handling to see it improved in the future.

@ Baskerville

Today's update will disable friendly fire by default (admin option). To be replaced by a FF/TK punishment system soon.

People need to learn the uniforms - team markers will only make them not to.

If there a different textures available in the alpha, I will look into it. Someone has to provide the path to them.

@ Alcaran

As the release post mention the mission name is currently bit buggy.

Just wanted to say we played 16p, HuntInTheWoods on a dev build tonight, and worked fine.

But I absolutely love these missions. It's brilliant since PVP and fluid movement is back in A3, I really can't get enough Blitz. Its by far the only mission I play now, besides Co Op with a friend. Just wanted to say outstanding work!

One thing, Not sure if its in a new build, or whatnot. But since the Re-arm/Re-Fuel/ script is now released, could we see this enter these missions? So you don't have to kill the chopper just for it to respawn with ammo. Be nice to have a rearm point near the helipad where they spawn.

-Cheers

@ KilrBe3

Can you please post a link.

Would it be possible to make it so we can change just the uniforms for opfor or blufor? I know the selection is limited, but having just something like blufor with their sleeves rolled up would make a huge difference with IFF and lower TKs. I couldn't really make sense of where the uniform was called after glancing at the myriad of mission files. Is it as simple as adding a line in the East/West classesDefinition.hpp to change from the default uniform? I'm guessing not.

@ AbortedMan

Not quite sure what you mean - the latest version already replaces uniform, helmet and vest with the class and side specific ones.

In other words in classesDefinition.hpp you define the A3 unit class for each Blitzkrieg class. From this A3 unit class it fetches uniform, helmet and vest.

This mod unlocked the different littlebird skins for the alpha:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?147594-Littlebird-Extension-Alpha

You could use the blue one for blufor and the red one for opfor, seems kind of easy. :)

And i am not sure about the Re-arm/Re-Fuel/ script, but can't you use the same thing, as in the helicopter showcase?

Otherwise i know of teetimes warfare mission, where you can buy "refuels, rearms, repairs" at the base and towncenters.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?147595-TeeTimes-Warfare

EDIT:

Forget the littlebird skins, they are just for the unarmed littlebird.

For the armed littlebird there is just a black and olive version..

Edited by Predator.v2

Is there some way you can add markers over peoples heads for their team, even if it is an optional parameter while people are getting used to the uniforms.

Also the littlebirds, can you retexture one of them so I don't have spend a good minute trying to figure out if the pilot is wearing brown or white camo.

Already retexture the littlebirds. Red littlbird = Opfor & Blue Little bird = Blufor ;)

see ausarma forums http://www.ausarma.org/topic/2967-blitzkrieg-for-a3-pvp-game-mode-based-on-aas/

ps. Great work kju. I like your style:yay: I think Dom,Warfare and Evo can hold off for a little bit longer:p.

now we need a little manual ad this mod will conquer the world :-)

GOOOOO!!!!

;2336253']@ AbortedMan

Not quite sure what you mean - the latest version already replaces uniform' date=' helmet and vest with the class and side specific ones.

In other words in classesDefinition.hpp you define the A3 unit class for each Blitzkrieg class. From this A3 unit class it fetches uniform, helmet and vest.[/quote']

That's what I was assuming was going on...I realized you were using the predefined "B_Soldier_GL_F" type unit class names, but is there a way to customize what uniform they're wearing? I'm under the assumption all "B_soldier_**_**" are wearing the same camo pattern, is there a unitClass that puts them in black camo or scuba gear for example? I'm just trying to get opfor and blufor to wear some of the available different colored uniforms to change it up and maybe reduce friendly fire without the use of tags.

...which also reminds me, in some of your missions friendly tags aren't working, even when the server parameter is set to enabled...like in [64]Battle of Stratis, but in the [16]Agia Marina mission they work as intended. Is there a mission variable hidden somewhere?

Edited by AbortedMan

@ Predator.v2 & KilrBe3

Thanks! Will look into it.

@ Karmichael

Very nice :bounce3: Will contact you via PM shortly. :)

@ T3mp

Did you read the ingame notes yet? (shift/alt/ctrl + m)

And also the wiki? If those information would be ingame too and more easily available, what else is missing?

@ AbortedMan

I can easily add configuration of uniform, headgear and vest per class in the definition file itself.

However you seem to be after model replacement instead - this is disabled at the moment as in A3 it has many problems (requires complex scripting to work at all).

But A3 uses only very few base models anyway (regular, diver, pilot):

http://pastebin.jonasscholz.de/9482

Here is the default clothing:

http://pastebin.jonasscholz.de/9483

And all available clothing in the alpha:

http://pastebin.jonasscholz.de/9484

So can you try in the editor if the normal classes are different enough, or if different clothing can achieve what you are after. Thanks.

Edit: Or use Dslyecxi's nice clothing/equipment preview mission.

With friendly tags you mean the map markers (shown in the minimap/map)?

Edited by .kju [PvPscene]

Thanks for the reply.

Changing the uniform is exactly what I'm trying to do. An option to give blufor the greenish pilot coveralls with the standard soldier helmet would work well to help identify friendlies/enemies, I think.

By friendly tags I mean when you put your crosshair on a friendly player, his name should come up next to the crosshair in green. It's not working in the 64 slot missions.

Hm these are name tags set by the engine itself. No idea how the player count or mission can affect this. :(

Hi again, I have unpboe'd one of the missions and receive an error (line 0 ;:; encountered instead of =) when loading, so I thought I would check out the wiki and there I receive "permission denied".

So I'm a little stuck.

I'm using ArmAUnPBO which works fine with other missions.

Still my favorite mission, btw !

Thanks

Edited by BoneBoys

So I got the custom uniforms that I wanted working...I just need some guidance on giving them the helmet I want. I currently have blufor using the pilot coveralls uniform by using the "B_Helipilot_F" className, but I'd like to change the helmet to the standard default helmets that come with "O_Soldier_AR_F" and "B_soldier_AR_F"...I'm not sure where (or what) I'd add a line to call those into the included gear.

@ BoneBoys

You need to use eliteness/extractpbo as the sqm is binarized to reduce file size and speed up loading times.

The test mission is available in source format as alternative.

Will fix the wiki tonight. Sorry for the trouble there.

@ AbortedMan

I still have to expand the class definition file to define custom uniforms/vests/headgear. But might be available later today.

Awesome missions and glad to see they are up to date with the DEV builds, unfortunately the nades kill the server, hope this gets fixed in the next build version. Keep up the sterling work.

Does running unPBO'd missions on a server affect server performance other than loading speeds compared to running missions that have been encrypted and repacked in their PBO?

OK, I admit... I am fresh to SQF and/or stupid. I do have coding experience, but the amount of includes and code in general in your mission is overwhelming :)

Now that that's out of the way: Can you point me to where do I need to dig do adapt your code to make a mission symmetrical? Or if you want to do it, that's fine, but I'd rather learn something if possible :D

@ Ceh

The design is streamlined for A&D. To change it (back) to both sides attacking and defined at the same time (AAS style) would be quite some effort.

We moved to A&D for many good reasons after playing a lot of AAS in arma and seeing the problems in that design.

That is not to say the A&D approach is without problems, and it certainly needs improvements (especially when the attackers are too weak and you get a permanent stalemate).

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 PM ----------

New version available: https://dev-heaven.net/projects/push/files

Changes:

• Added: option to disable friendly fire.
  • Added: parameter to disable smoke grenades.
  • Added: Auto assign joining player to a slot in the mission lobby.
  • Added: diver class.
  • Added: option to set mission length to 90 minutes.
  • Added: author tag.

• Changed: Reduce death woosh sound volume.
  • Changed: Make top zone bar always shown also for defenders.
  • Changed: Reduce network traffic by publicVariableServer use.

• Fixed: Mission name display is faulty.

New missions:

• 24 M PushForKaminoFiringRange
  • 32 L TheLastStand
  • 64 H PincerAttack
  • 64 H TwoWaysToAirStationMike26
  • 64 H TwoWaysToGirna

Notes:

• Four missions are available in two variants; use the XXX_stable for the stable, and the XXX for the dev branch.

Full details: https://dev-heaven.net/versions/1443

Thanks for the quick reply, makes me feel better when you say it's an effort :)

The design is streamlined for A&D. To change it (back) to both sides attacking and defined at the same time (AAS style) would be quite some effort.

We moved to A&D for many good reasons after playing a lot of AAS in arma and seeing the problems in that design.

That is not to say the A&D approach is without problems' date=' and it certainly needs improvements (especially when the attackers are too weak and you get a permanent stalemate).[/quote']I'll agree with you here, design is a tricky thing to get "just right" so that both sides get a fighting chance throughout. I actually did a relatively detailed (overthinking-it? :p) write-up on "Metro 64" in Battlefield 3 (Conquest matches, Operation Métro map, 64 players -- PC only) and I found that that with that kind of player count, whether or not grenades/explosives are allowed in the server*, it's likely to stalemate... either in favor of "RU team" if both sides are disorganized, or in favor of "US team" if US team is organized (seems to be irrespective of whether or not RU team is also organized) due to the specific interior arrangement of the area surrounding the ticket hall and its Conquest flag affecting the fields of fire... these stalemates tend to be either at the escalators and side stairwell (favoring RU team) or at/past the turnstiles (favoring US) and I noticed that while US players can and have broken RU-favoring stalemates**, I believe that I've never seen a RU team successfully break a US-favoring stalemate. This issue doesn't seem to pop up during Rush matches with the same player count and map! (This is due to the placement of the flag and its "capture" radius versus the placement of the M-COM stations in Rush matches which can only be armed/disarmed by an adjacent player.)

It's a good thing that you're keeping an eye on "the flow of the fight", as it were.

* This isn't just a BF3 concern, notice how at least one TvT mission on these forums also lacks grenades or AT.

** This tends to involve/require the US team to either "break out" through the back escalator and successfully get outflank the RU team (either striking the RU team or going even further into enemy territory to seize the Cafe flag -- allowing US players to spawn there and hopefully forcing the RU team to lessen pressure on the US team's "front") or to grind their way into seizing 'beachheads' at key places -- namely the locker room hallway and the space immediately behind the elevator(s) column on the opposite side from the ticket hall flag.

so does this still require the dev version?

Thanks for your hard work :D