.kju

Blitzkrieg for A3 (PvP Game Mode) (based on AAS)

@ .kju

I have a problem with this mission (set) and this mission only.

I am using a G5 gaming mouse for which I have re-bound my keys.

Lean left toggle is bound to key "a".

This works across the board in vanilla ArmA3(2) and every other game mode & mission.

The problem is that when I use this lean left key bind, it opens up the map (default M) !

I have double checked all of my Logitech SetPoint settings and can find no errors.

If you have any clue as to why this should happen I would be very grateful.

My favorite game mode btw !

Thanks.

EDIT : I have fixed this by rebinding the key to "D".

However the mystery remains as to why when bound to "A" the map opens up.

Edited by BoneBoys

Blitzkrieg - Full Game

Server: Blitzkrieg pvpscene.org #1

Georg which mission is this? And maybe you should "walk" more often. :P

@kju:

I really like your mission, probably the best infantry pvp mission out there available for A3A.

I have a little feedback, i hope you can make some use of it.

-Suggestion: Introduce a mission parameter, which overwrites the "Extended map info" for the "Regular" difficulty. I think most "advanced" Blitzkrieg players agree, that the map markers for enemies and friendlies are annoying and tainting BK gameplay. (Suggestion: Extended map info: Default:Disabled)

-Even if the "Base" appears as a spawn location at the spawn screen, you can't select it. "X-Ray" is the only option to spawn at the base.

-Once you join a server, the first respawn is bugged and it won't let you spawn at other "flags".

Workaround: First go to the base box, click "Respawn" and select a preferable flag. Wait until the "spawn wave" timer runs down to 0 and gets stuck at 15. Now press "X-Ray", respawn at base, open your menu via "escape" and click "respawn" at the menu.

A bit complicated and feels a bit like a cheat, so maybe fix that or completely remove it.

-Introduce a "fireteam leader" kit, which is only available once per fireteam and allows all fireteam members to spawn at their FT leader.

-Introduce some kind of small "3D marker" for fireteam members. Right now fireteams only have different minimap marker colors (unless i missed something).

-Introduce a small 3d marker for reviveable teammates.

-Yesterday i tried to use the "reinforcements limit" and it seems to have some bugs. For example, when you enable a limit of "100" reinforcements, you get a message on the spawn screen that around "1000" reinforcements are left.

-Maybe you can introduce a small "ticket" screen above the "Zone to defend" hud, similar to BF ticket screen (or give a mission parameter option for a reinforcements hud).

-Randomized next mission with same player size.

Edited by Predator.v2

Here is another good, fun video :bounce3:

ATps_n75z28

@ zeep

I would need someone to modify the sound file.

PM me if you are good with this and want to help out. :)

@ cm.

I am open to include a TK punishment, yet first off it needs some ideas and thoughts to get a good system.

Hence I consider to disable FF by default for now (its already a mission parameter for admins) until such is done.

@ BoneBoys

This sounds like an engine bug. It seems it picks up the special key as alt/shift/ctrl+m (or whatever you have "open map" assigned to).

@ Predator.v2

I will try to disable unit markers from "extended map info", yet might not be possible.

In that case you would have to bug BI to allow server admins to set a different default difficulty for MP.

Even if the "Base" appears as a spawn location at the spawn screen, you can't select it. "X-Ray" is the only option to spawn at the base

Don't get that. Can you describe it differently/post a screenshot with annotations please.

You can select X-Ray by X key or by clicking into the X-Ray marker in the center minimap.

Are you sure the JIP spawn bug is still present in yesterdays release?

Fireteam management in an UI, fireteam respawn and other advantages, like 3rd markers, are high on the feature list for a while.

Currently it depends how much time I can devote to this project.

There is already a red blob next to dead friendlies to highlight the option to revive a guy.

It can be disabled in the mission parameters though. Or do you mean something different?

Reinforcements limit/the ticket system hasn't been used much in the past.

Hence it is not much tested - bugs are likely. Best to report bugs (and feature requests)

one by one in the project space: https://dev-heaven.net/projects/push/issues

-Maybe you can introduce a small "ticket" screen above the "Zone to defend" hud, similar to BF ticket screen (or give a mission parameter option for a reinforcements hud).

Possible to post a screenshot with annotations please.

-Randomized next mission with same player size.

I don't get that part either. There is a random mode (yet unreleased for A3),

that randomly puts zones - with the option for the admin to adjust their position in the briefing phase:

Thanks everyone for the feedback and reports :bounce3:

Georg which mission is this? And maybe you should "walk" more often. :P

Hey Predator. I favor the agressive way to play the maps :)

Map: BK_24_M_ClosedInAtCampMaxwell (created by kju)

is not important, I'm playing this mission for days and hours (which is the best in my opinion) I miss mortars so much!!! I would like mortars, since we already have the arma 3, why not use it? is too heavy? unbalanced?, and also the name of the map is too complicated Blitzkrieg, it could be something simpler ... (just commenting)

Id love to see some AAS as well. AAD is fun but Id love to mix it up. Also, when you joina squad via F-10 I'd love for it to actually ad you to an in game squad.

@ aoshi

It's quicker to build missions with just infantry.

Anyone is welcome to build new missions or modify existing (add vehicles, statics, adjust zones etc)

and submit them back for the official pack.

If you have questions on how to edit them, just speak up.

Good night, at least here in Brazil ... hehe

I come again to suggest an improvement, playing with my team that is not available for us to use binoculars and believe it makes much difference in the way we played the presence of this equipment ... so here is my suggestion, we lack much sense of it and again thank you for the constant additions of content and improvements that have happened ...

Edit: Another thing. Kju ... from the last update started happening all player die (seen at sea gulls) and have no reason to click to respawn ...

Edited by Alcaran

The seagulls seems to a be an engine problem:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?149456-Seagull-bug-caused-by-devbuild-0-5-102980

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?149494-The-reason-why-we-are-spawning-as-seagulls

Lets hope they release a hotfix today.

Binocular is only available to specific classes. You can review the equipment in the notes section (alt/shift/ctrl + m (map key)).

Or check the source files.

Kju,

Most of the respawn bugs seems to be fixed with the latest version.

But maybe you could add a parameter to disabled/enable the [HMM] Stance Indicator you have introduced to the newest map?

Some people don't like its design or are using a different stance indicator mod (I am using the great "FA_stance").

Well how about having the mission auto disable the integrated HMM one if it detects the user having FA stance active?

If you can do something like that, sure.

Or integrate it, into the "hud toogle" on one of the function keys?

Some missions do not load on my server in the latest development build. Believe this is related to the change in classname of the Ifrit.

Today we had the bug, that kill messages would appear up to 6 times.

Like:

Predator.v2 killed Hoeman

XXX killed

XXX killed

XXX killed

There also seems to be some bugs with the flag layout at "BK_32_L_AirStationRush.Stratis".

;2330526']@ aoshi

It's quicker to build missions with just infantry.

Anyone is welcome to build new missions or modify existing (add vehicles' date=' statics, adjust zones etc)

and submit them back for the official pack.

If you have questions on how to edit them, just speak up.[/quote']

i never user editor butI can try, (i don't have a good pc to host a 32x32)I will ask to people from bmrf.me do it for me rsrs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LX6MVYEFPk at least i can enjoy some mortars on editor =D

It is good to see the PvPScene guys back in action.

New version available: https://dev-heaven.net/projects/push/files

Changes:

• Changed: Add version number to mission name.
  • Changed: Set object drawing distance the same as terrain drawing distance.
  • Changed: Allow attackers also to spawn at a different location via action menu at mission start.
  • Changed: Disable in-built version of HMM stance indicator when FA_stance addon is active.

• Fixed: briefingDescription is faulty.
  • Fixed: AirStationRush zone positions and setup buggy.

Notes:

# The mission name is a bit buggy atm

# These two missions only work with the dev branch

## BK_64_H_WarOfStratis

## BK_64_H_BattleOfStratis

Full details: https://dev-heaven.net/versions/1438

Why have the 64 slot missions work with the dev branch only ???

by default the two maps that we run are warofstratis and battleofstratis... the server is very often maxed out a 64/64

keep up the great work though :)

JKU ... Good afternoon, we started a server with a mission of war Stratis to 64 players and appeared to be a error (mpmissions\__cur_mp.stratis\mission.sqm/mission/veihcles/item27.veihcle: Veihcle class 0_lFrit_F no longer exists),

to believe that the reason there was no vehicles in mission ...

The same error occurs with the map battle of Stratis but with item28.veihcle ...

I'm looking forward to the fix... tnkx

Edit: One suggestion, was great the way it appears the version of the map, but it was better visualization of the total capacity of players on the map when it appeared the total supported and not many players can enter per team, this is my opinion ...

Edited by Alcaran

These matches shine with max 16 players! I sometimes join max 32 players but 64 is no fun at all imo. It sort of becomes a turkeyshoot then and less tactics are used.

Im really enjoying some of the new missions BTW. Bu the 64 man ones were built for the dev build which may limit their use on our server

Edited by jumpartist

Is there some way you can add markers over peoples heads for their team, even if it is an optional parameter while people are getting used to the uniforms.

Also the littlebirds, can you retexture one of them so I don't have spend a good minute trying to figure out if the pilot is wearing brown or white camo.