Sign in to follow this  
AxTROUSRxMISSLE

Crashing...A lot.

So I have been playing for a while now and I have had crash after crash. Its starting to get on my nerves now. I join games and then the game freezes and I go to press escape and it just closes out of the game. I would love to play multiplayer but its becoming unplayable for me. Still a great game so far, they just need to work on the multiplayer and it will be great! So with this being said...

Is there any way to suppress or stop the crashes from happening so frequently?

Have you tried turning off antivirus and firewall software? I read that Zone Alarm was causing stability problems.

Have you tried turning off antivirus and firewall software? I read that Zone Alarm was causing stability problems.
Yea I dont have Zone Alarm and I haven't tried turning them off, I might try that. Thanks!

Im having the same issue! Multiplayer crashes, screen freezes and i can only get out of the game using task manager. Its random, sometimes after 5 min and sometimes after 20 mins!?!

Id be very happy if anyone can help me out....

P.s dont have Zone alarm but ill check my firewall and antivirus program!

My system:

Motherboard: Asus P8P67

Sound on board: Realtek ALC892

Intel Core I5-2500k @ 3.30 GHz

SSD Samsung 840 series

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560

8 GB Ram

Win 7 (service pack 1)

I'm also crashing a lot in mulitplayer (have not yet tried missions)

CPU:3770k

GPU:6870

RAM: 16gig 4x4 gskill 7-7-7-21

Latest ATI drivers via catalyst

I have tried the following to no effect:

• Disabling all firewire and anti virus

• Launching application as administrator

• Various restarts

My system was rock stable playing around in SP but as soon I went to MP my game crashed couple times.. (so it's most probably not my\yours rig)

Im getting this too. Only in multiplayer. It seems walking near walls or edges of buildings can trigger it. Just before the CTD I get stuck and then fall out of the world. Not everytime, sometimes the game gets really sluggish and then crashes.

If the game creates some kind of crash log other than this please let me know where its stored as I cannot find it.

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: arma3.exe

Application Version: 0.5.102.571

Application Timestamp: 512deb6a

Fault Module Name: arma3.exe

Fault Module Version: 0.5.102.571

Fault Module Timestamp: 512deb6a

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 00821fc2

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 0a9e

Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Additional Information 3: 0a9e

Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Brand new install of Windows 7 will ALL drivers uptodate including graphics card/motherboard drivers.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Time of this report: 3/7/2013, 02:07:29

Machine name: ANDYSIM1-PC

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130104-1431)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.

System Model: X58A-UD3R

BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG

Processor: Intel® Core i7 CPU 950 @ 3.07GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.1GHz

Memory: 12288MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 12286MB RAM

Page File: 3021MB used, 21549MB available

Windows Dir: C:\Windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

User DPI Setting: Using System DPI

System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 64bit Unicode

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti

Edited by Andysim212

I also have started to crash almost constantly after trying to join into a server after selecting my role. Yesterday I was able to play up to 45 minutes before crashing and now it seems like the timer threshold got shorter and shorter until my current situation where I'm basically unable to join any multiplayer servers without crashing.

I do not use any anti-virus besides Microsoft Security Essentials, and I can't seem to pin what is causing these almost instant crashes now.

Videocard: 6950 2gb

CPU: Phenom II 3.4ghz

RAM: 8gb

Windows 7 Professional

yer i keep crashing ant where from 5 to 30 min after entering battle. its frustrating that such an awesome game keeps crashing. please BI fix this bug first

I get random crashes more on the Wasteland 404 servers, I get a crash EVERY-TIME I try to load the game with play With Six (I'm going to post on that thread too) The crashes seem random but most of the time I am driving something or in my inventory... Making the game unplayible too... I could just cry and Its done it with lower pop servers but not as much... I am running a AMD FX-8350 4GHz (4.2 Turbo) 8x Core, AMD XFX HD R7870 2GB GHz edition Black Edition Video card, 32 GB 1866 memory, and SSD for c: and 600 with Windows 8 Pro x64

(Sorry but there are so many of these posts about the crashing that I copied and pasted my responce to I can get alert for all of them to see if anybody found a solution)