Sign in to follow this  
burdy

Same Performance issues that plague ArmA 2

I'll start off by saying - the game is beautiful, and I love everything about it. Hats off to BI for an amazing Alpha. Also, I do know the game is in alpha - but I am getting the same CPU limiting issues that I got in Arma 2, where it would drop to 22-24 fps when a firefights with more then 4 squads broke out, but with no AI action, I would get 40-60 FPS near ultra. I don't believe my specs are the problem either - 8gb Ram, Intel Core i5 760 @ 4.0ghz, ATI Radeon 7970. Hoping to have these issues sorted out, as they never really left me in ArmA 2 :(

AI needs a lots of CPU power for calculation, hence the performance drop, and keeping everything synchronized is more important then raw computer power, hence the bottleneck, atless this is where I think the problem lies.

AI needs a lots of CPU power for calculation, hence the performance drop, and keeping everything synchronized is more important then raw computer power, hence the bottleneck, atless this is where I think the problem lies.

Except that none of my stuff ever goes over 1/2 usage and I get 20 fps... including cpu

Yeah, same exact issue as from ArmA 2

If it needs, why doesn't it use the power? Put it on the other cores merely running at 20%, instead of lagging the game to hell and back with FPS on the minus.

If it needs, why doesn't it use the power? Put it on the other cores merely running at 20%, instead of lagging the game to hell and back with FPS on the minus.

Game just needs better optimization

Pretty much the same thing is happening with me.

I get solid 40fps, 30 in towns during SP

However, once i join MP, my fps drops to 20, 10 in towns, and sometimes even less.

Picture related: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3821564/arma3_2013_03_06_21_34_31_774.png

PC Specs:

AMD Athlon II X3 425 @ 3.0 ( Upgrading soon, but even though it's not the greatest CPU ever, 9fps in mp is ridiculous )

ATI/AMD Radeon HD 6850 (BARTS PRO)

4x1GB DDR2 667

Edited by TeeJayD