tvig0r0us

[MP][TVT/COOP] Total Conquest for Arma III

Need MOAR areas ... I know the south island really well now :)  Is there a way to automate new island 'area' setup, or is it entirely manual ?  I'd love to see some CUP terrains.

I love how the mission changes on each run - sometimes helicopters will be in the areas, sometimes not.

Would it be possible to have jets now as well flying overhead (as a parameter of course)?

The mission plays so well with 192 AI running around ... I'm very impressed.  Still no UAV in the air however.

Keep up the good work.  Have been jumping onto your server from time to time.

I'm working on it. Unfortunately I do have to place all of the assets for the mission by hand to set up a particular area so its slow going getting them put together. I wish I had more time to devote to it, but real life is running me over at the moment. That being said, I did put this little advance and secure infantry only style mission together in on Altis just to kind of show off the versatility of the code. As for planes, I need to make a mission with airports and they will be available. I haven't even tried to create any kind of cas scripting or anything like that. Same with the UAVs. I'll keep working on it as I have the time. In the meantime, enjoy this little AAS mission.

By all means, if anyone wants to unpbo the mission and try to put some layouts together, I will totally support their efforts where possible. There are a few things that need changed in the params.hpp file that are layout specific parameters and the rest is in the description.ext. If anyone does it, you need to keep the weather and time settings for everything to work as desired with the environment, but other than that it's all just placing markers and areas to create the layout. The code does the rest. If anyone gives it a go just let me know and I'll be happy to consult.

Battle for Zaros alpha1

Enjoy!

--tvig

• Like 1

Found a few minutes (more like made a few minutes) and wanted to see the new jets, so here's one around the main airport in Tanoa.

Tanoa Airport - A1

Enjoy!

--tvig

Just played the Battle for Zaros ... I do like the AAC ideas.  Now have to turn up the AI numbers for massive battles :)

OOOhhhhh  grabbing the Tanoa Airport one ... I want jets too !

EDIT:  Played a good number of hours on the airport version.  I've found that the spawn position of the jets is slightly off - they spend a little time arranging themselves onto the taxiway.  Also spent ages watching a group that had just spawned (nowhere near the frontline) and they were in combat mode.  They were advancing in bounding overwatch when there was noone within about 2km from them.  Is it possible to have units spawn in aware mode, as when they spawn in combat is really slows down the advance?