tvig0r0us

[MP][TVT/COOP] Total Conquest for Arma III

some classnames in dev version must have changed as compared to non dev version....mission wont run in regular alpha due to the ifret vehicle.

Ok.. I'll have to make a nondev version, but I won't be able to test it. I'll send you a copy so you can give it a try for me if you don't mind.

Thanks

...of course I dont mind, more than happy to help in anyway I can.

Thanks fella's. The revision is in both of your inboxes. Provided everything tests ok I'll post a nondev version in addition to the original download so that people will be able to try it out regardless of the version of the game they are using. Thanks for helping me out with this.

Cheers :D

I have just tested the nondev. Could start all missions.

Once again, i'll provide a dropbox download link, until tvigorous manages a moddb link. (Unless he doesn't wants it released yet)

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/106806270/UC_v005_A3_NonDev.zip

Awesome! I'm about to crash out for the night so I'll upload the nondev revision to moddb in the morning. Thanks again for the help. It gets difficult to keep up working alone. Appreciate the dropbox link.

Just played through 2 of the missions to the end and everything seemed to be fine, no troubles or anything unusual happening. Will test more tomorrow again.

Urban Conquest v005 non-dev was posted lastnight and authorized sometime overnight (my night) on moddb. No matter what version of the game you use there is a version for you. Once again thanks for all of the help getting the compatibility issue solved. Please see the OP for the moddb link.

Urban Conquest v005 non-dev was posted lastnight and authorized sometime overnight (my night) on moddb. No matter what version of the game you use there is a version for you. Once again thanks for all of the help getting the compatibility issue solved. Please see the OP for the moddb link.

I have a problem with Urban Conquest v005 non-dev. I'll start up the game, and within a minute every time "West Wins" even though in the parameters I have time limit set to unlimited and score limit set to unlimited. Help would be appreciated.

Can you tell me which map layout you're getting the error on?

Edit- just ran a test on Agia Marina without a hitch. Tried several configs in the params including unlimited score and time. If you tried to enable the resistance side it could have caused this to occur as there are no resistance units available in the game yet. Please try again with the default parameters. Let me know if you are able to run the mission from there. If you still encounter problems, please let me know what map layout you are using. I'll test all the others in the meantime. Thanks

Edited by tvig0r0us

Can you tell me which map layout you're getting the error on?

Edit- just ran a test on Agia Marina without a hitch. Tried several configs in the params including unlimited score and time. If you tried to enable the resistance side it could have caused this to occur as there are no resistance units available in the game yet. Please try again with the default parameters. Let me know if you are able to run the mission from there. If you still encounter problems, please let me know what map layout you are using. I'll test all the others in the meantime. Thanks

I tried it without the resistance units. Seemed to work fine.

The enemy AI seemed kind of retarded though. My units would shoot them, but they never really shot back. I even walked into a house full of five enemy soldiers and they all acted like I wasn't there.

That is an unusual problem indeed for this particular mission. Usually they shoot your ass off before you even see them. However, that really has nothing to do with Urban Conquest itself. You might try turning down the number of AI, that sometimes makes them more responsive. Remember also that the game is alpha so there's a long way to go with the fine tuning of the game. Anyhow, give it a try on some dedicated servers with some humans mixed in there, I guarantee a good time ;)

Cheers :)

The dev version of Urban Conquest should work with the Arma 3 alpha 052 update.

love this mission!

I have a question. Does anyone know if it's possible to query the objects in a trigger?? I don't want to query them by distance, but rather by object or object type. For example, buildings. Thanks in advance.

tvig

I have a question. Does anyone know if it's possible to query the objects in a trigger?? I don't want to query them by distance, but rather by object or object type. For example, buildings. Thanks in advance.

tvig

What exactly do you mean by this? You talking about the _thislist or whatever it is that is available by trigger activation or something else?

I want a function that will return all objects in a trigger, not just units.

I want a function that will return all objects in a trigger, not just units.

I would do something like nearestLocations and spin through that to find which one of them are within the trigger area. There are probably BIS_fnc's to help with this. I am not in game to check those functions and I don't think there is a list anywhere but I seem to remember a lot of geometry type functions available which would probably be useful.

Update to v006 will be coming with some MAJOR improvements!!

Edited by tvig0r0us

Actually you wrote exactly what I was suggesting. I meant nearestObjects not nearestLocations as I wrote!! :)

Awesome, can't wait.

Any news on the new update?

I have a couple of code corrections to make that were discovered a couple of nights ago in an online session. Other than that, it's about ready. Here's a little list of highlights from the update.

- added task for each zone and assigned an arbitrary name to each zone so the player can now set a zone for current task and get a waypoint in the gui

- tasking changes as the game progresses to reflect the status of each zone

- added zone control display in the scoreboard using the following values

- B = Blufor

- O = Opfor

- I = Independent (In anticipation of independent units being added to the game)

- X = Disputed

- N = Neutral

- removed CP size selection from the params

- added irregular zone size and shape to conform to the geographical variations in the map

Here's a screenie to show off some of the changes listed above.

wt2naw80j14ac7s4g.jpg

Shouldn't be too long :)

YFaL76I.jpg

Great mission TVig a bunch of us played Agia Marina last night great mission. Here is Gonzo and me working a street trying to capture an area.Posted some pics check out the DR forums (this is NFMZ1 btw) Keep up the good work.

http://i.imgur.com/YFaL76I.jpg

Great mission TVig a bunch of us played Agia Marina last night great mission. Here is Gonzo and me working a street trying to capture an area.Posted some pics check out the DR forums (this is NFMZ1 btw) Keep up the good work.

LOL.. that just reminded me... those arrows are no longer in the game. I found something else to use for my vehicle spots ;)