tvig0r0us

[MP][TVT/COOP] Total Conquest for Arma III

After playing both versions for obscene amounts of time.

I have some capture point suggestions

Agia Marina infantry version points

http://i.imgur.com/Q6rGCh4.png

I find that whoever captures the base near the military range usually loses because the AI equals out there and can't push out.

Having the points more oriented towards the canal might solve that.

Also I want to see more epic firefights over the canal.

Try not to have the points go INTO the canal though.

Stratis air base infantry version points (make this plox)

http://i.imgur.com/LleI9li.png

And for the vehicle version

Stratis air base part

http://i.imgur.com/2sNs0GP.png

Agia Marina part

http://i.imgur.com/egzL2OK.png

While playing the vehicle version, I noticed that the opfor like to make roadblocks on the road to stratis air base while they have it captured.

It's kinda cool, but leaves agia marina free of ifrits.

That might just be an AI thing though.

Also the control points are in the canals on the vehicle version because a vehicle firing from the canal would be awesome.

Also. I'd say get rid of transport vehicles. (MH littlebird and KA60 black(also the damn ATV(the AI don't know how to use it at all apparently)))

Or make them a different spawn count than armed vehicles.

and if you're looking for more options in your mission.

How about that depending on certain requirements a mortar spawns in and does not go away until it is destroyed.

Requirements could either be

Capture and hold a mortar point for more than 5 minutes (now the mortar wouldn't have to spawn IN the mortar point, just in one of the allied points)

have certain number of points (once again mortar can spawn in any point)

Would probably be best to stay as 1 per team. and both teams having one at the same time would be amazing because explosions.

Although I'm not sure how well the AI would use it.

Would be neat if the AI just fired into enemy points and not at enemies themselves.

Or maybe you could have an action that calls the mortar to shoot at a specific point.

Edited by Fragmagnet

You the man TVig. Will be checking this out right now!!!

---------- Post added at 22:43 ---------- Previous post was at 20:52 ----------

TVig, v003 is working incredibly well. Just had an hour long superb battle.

Thanks delta! V004 works even better, but my home network is locked out of the forum so I haven't been able to post the update. I hope this gets resolved soon.

Cheers :D

Thanks delta! V004 works even better, but my home network is locked out of the forum so I haven't been able to post the update. I hope this gets resolved soon.

Looking forward to it. Let me know if I can help if you don't get unlocked soon.

How's the FSM recode going tvigorous ?

PS rank system not needed, unlocks definately not needed.

How's the FSM recode going tvigorous ?

PS rank system not needed, unlocks definately not needed.

All completed and working great. Both A3 and OA versions are ready to go but I have to use my cell phone to post so I haven't been able to post the updates. It's been like this since the day after the A3 release. I'm getting restless!

Is there any way to disable AI completely? I want to try this mission as pure pvp.

And could you rename the selectable kits? Something simple like: Grenadier, Medic, Automatic Rifleman...

Is there any way to disable AI completely? I want to try this mission as pure pvp.

And could you rename the selectable kits? Something simple like: Grenadier, Medic, Automatic Rifleman...

Set side assault count to human only and disable auto manned vehicles for pvp only match. You can also make one side human only for coop. Zones will still contain ai defenders which can be recruited. The class names may be worked out in future releases.

V004 is currently awaiting approval on moddb at http://www.moddb.com/mods/urban-conquest

I will make a full update to the op once I can access the page from my pc.

Your mission is very fun.

Thanks so much!

Yaaayyy!!! At long last I'm able to get onto the forums from my pc. The OP has been updated with the link to the moddb download page. I will update with an armaholic link as soon as one becomes available. Thanks for your support!

Hey there tvig0r0us, I just wanted to comment on your mod. I've been playing version 003 for some hours with some friends, and so far this is the best mod I have tried so far. I wanted to provide some constructive criticism that in my opinion, would improve the mod:

• Make more of the smaller maps (like Agia Marina) as they are more adequate when playing with few people.
  • Modify the soldier class list on the map spawn menu so that we can see how each class is named (instead of soldier_LAT_03 etc. )
  • Add grenades/throwables to all load-outs.
  • Add binoculars to all load-outs.
  • Add more vehicles (maybe in the main control points, the ones you start at)
  • Some way to change difficulty (maybe this is already in and I didn't realize)
  • Remove rain, or add some way to control weather

That's all I have, again, the mod as it is now is great, so these are the only things that occurred to me that would make it perfect. Cheers.

Thanks for the feedback on the mission. I've decided to cease development on this series of missions. I may pick it back up in the future, but for now I'm a bit too frustrated with it to keep on.

I have made a couple of updates per user request and will post the updated version in due time. There are also a couple more layouts for Stratis. I will not be updating for the alpha after this point. The following changes have been made:

-Coherent class names in the spawn selection screen

-Can disable zone defenses... zones will remain under control of last team to occupy when defenses are disabled

-Changed mission names to remove "for Arma 3"

I have made these updates using the DEV version of the A3 alpha. This may render the missions unplayable in the non DEV version of the game. If this is the case, sorry.

I will update the moddb download shortly.

Update has been posted and awaiting approval on moddb. 005 features 6 mission layouts on Stratis.

I'd love to test the new version, but moddb is too slow. :)

I really hope this version gonna work with the stable build, so we can run it on our server group.

And hopfully i can convince you of making small fixes here and there. :P

Thanks for the feedback on the mission. I've decided to cease development on this series of missions. I may pick it back up in the future, but for now I'm a bit too frustrated with it to keep on.

woa woa, hold on a sec...you can't be serious, are you?

Take a break for a week or 2 or 3 but please man, dont give up on it ...heck this is one of the better missions out there that has true simplicity AND dynamics...its one of those you can play a hundred times over!

At least keep it functional throughout the alpha patches...the dev versions is something you should NOT be patching for, however, I think developing for the dev version was a bad decision...you should just keep it working for the regular alpha/beta patches...or at least come back to it after the game officially releases after beta.

For me this is the mission that gets most of my play time (along with Warfare/CTI)...and I for one cant say enough about how I appreciate you working on it the way you have (you really put your heart into it!).

Please dont abandon it!!

woa woa, hold on a sec...you can't be serious, are you?

Take a break for a week or 2 or 3 but please man, dont give up on it ...heck this is one of the better missions out there that has true simplicity AND dynamics...its one of those you can play a hundred times over!

At least keep it functional throughout the alpha patches...the dev versions is something you should NOT be patching for, however, I think developing for the dev version was a bad decision...you should just keep it working for the regular alpha/beta patches...or at least come back to it after the game officially releases after beta.

For me this is the mission that gets most of my play time (along with Warfare/CTI)...and I for one cant say enough about how I appreciate you working on it the way you have (you really put your heart into it!).

Please dont abandon it!!

Please don't take this the wrong way. I do not intend to abandon development on this all together... not by a long shot. I'm extremely limited by the available realestate on Stratis. There are also elements missing in the editor that were crucial for urban conquest. I want to see what happens with the development of A3 before I drop a ton of time coding around the deficiencies of the alpha.

As far as the dev version goes, I would appreciate anyone that can test the new version in the standard alpha release. If it doesn't work I think I may be able to easily change the mission.sqm to make it compatible.

I want this to provide the best flexibility and options for people to enjoy and I am aware that I'll not be able to satisfy every gamer that tries it out. Right now I just have people submitting lists of things they would like to see change. Some of them are things on my todo list to begin with, but alot of them run contrary to what I intended for the mission to begin with. I just get a bit overwhelmed by it sometimes,especially since I'm still actively developing things for Dragon Rising at the same time, not to mention Urban conquest for OA. I think I'm just in over my head and have to take a little break.

I really do appreciate all of the great feedback and support from the community. I hope I can find more time to jump on and enjoy a few games with you all instead of constantly analyzing code, which I all too often tend to do.

Edited by tvig0r0us

moddb still hasn't updated your mod version. There is only the news, but still the old 0.04 download..

Maybe you can provide another dl link?

moddb still hasn't updated your mod version. There is only the news, but still the old 0.04 download..

Maybe you can provide another dl link?

I apologize for that. I'm really trying to limit the available mirrors and Media fire keeps trying to give people viruses so I'm no longer considering that a reliable download site. Be patient,they'll get it authorized. When they do please let me know if you have issues with it being made in the dev version. If you just can't wait, send your email addy in a pm and I'll send it to you.

I am running the standard alpha so i will download it as soon as its available and help test it for you...if I notice anything unusual or broken I will report here. Keep in mind that right now I can only test alone on LAN, and not a dedicated server.

and P.S. - anytime youd like to mess around and play some...put me on your list of folks to call. 'm sending you a PM with my personal email address.

Edited by BigShot

Moddb still sitting at v004 version ... come on moddb !!!

No doubt. It sucks that they do that to a level 12 user with 4 different mods on their site. You'd think they'd spare us the authorization after a while.

Finally the download has been authorized. Thanks for all the help! Please let me know if there are compatibility issues.

Visit the OP for the link to the moddb page. The armaholic page is currently at v003.

some classnames in dev version must have changed as compared to non dev version....mission wont run in regular alpha due to the ifret vehicle.