Sign in to follow this  
Craig_VG

[Mission] Dynamic Zombie Sandbox Arma 3

Is it possible you could add an option for NO WEAPONS spawning at all? A friend of mine is trying to get a feel of "Zombie Driver" in the mission and doesn't want people to start picking up guns.

I'll repeat my skipped question... How do you set specific DZS parameters for a dedicated server?

Hey BobTom, awesome mod!

I have an issue. Last night when i was playing your mod and hosting my own server, after about 10 minutes or so me and the other players in the server got a horrible FPS of about 3. This continued for about 10 minutes before i had enough and more importantly my players had enough. Im wondering if it has something to do with the zombie aggro or vehicle spawns?

Even though i put the vehicle spawns on low, multiple vehicles would spawn in towns even though when i first visited the town there were only 1 or 2. Is this a problem on my server end or your mod?

Please answer my question and thanks again!

after about 10 minutes or so me and the other players in the server got a horrible FPS of about 3. This continued for about 10 minutes before i had enough and more importantly my players had enough.

Sounds to me what's most likely a "hacker" attack. Someone joined in with Dev Build, and started spawning 10000000 objects. It does exactly that, and at some point it just crashes everyone's client.

It's happened a lot now. Kids getting ahold of the Dev Build. They attacked my server too.

But yes with the native weapon/vehicle spawns of DZS they do cause a lot of framerate drops. Zombies don't really lag things up. I've noticed the same performance with 10 zombies per KM, and 100 zombies per KM.

It's the vehicle/weapon spawns that screw things up. Probably vehicles more. And Dev Build users. Keep an eye out and ban those griefers.

Hey - is it possible to rehost the Zombie spawn script as it is without Any loot or vehicle spawns? I'd prefer to add vehicles, weapon crates, base regions and supply points. I like the civilian spawns but i'd like to be without them also.

The Weapons and vehicles spawning all-around lags our server, and i'd prefer to add a mission and story to the custom playable characters and inventory i've already added, and be rid of the random spawns, besides the Zombies..

Dynamic Zombie Sandbox Update .06

Original Post

G’day

After a brief hiatus I have nice new version of DZS to be released. Many things have been fixed and improved, which lays the groundwork for much more revolutionary features to be added and re-added into the Arma 3 edition of Dynamic Zombie Sandbox. Enter smoother gameplay and hopefully not massive lag after 5 minutes (a result of faulty vehicle spawning). Have fun and report any bugs you encounter! Where to report? On this web page or email me at craigvandergalien@gmail.com

Changelog Overview:

1. Zombies no longer spawn in water
  2. Vehicles no longer spawn in water
  3. Vehicle spawning redone
  4. Building destruction parameter fixed
  5. Medic packs in vehicles removed
  6. Dead zombies may have bandages
  7. All spawning parameters work correctly now
  8. Decreased .rpt spam
  9. Debug mode fixed
  10. Parameters cleaned up further
  11. Grass settings now longer crash game
  12. other minor fixes and improvements

Detailed Changelog:

1. For some reason BIS defined coral as a house, so that was the reason for these issues. Why BIS? Why?
  2. See above
  3. Vehicles spawn as the player roams the island. This should work fine in MP as the variables are synced across the network
  4. Yep, turn this parameter on and all houses (including coral, sorry) will be destroyed, for a post apocalyptic feel to things
  5. 6 medic packs per vehicle? Too easy IMHO.
  6. A class issue left over from A2, now this works again
  7. “Everywhere, more in towns†caused a figurative train wreck, has been resolved.
  8. Mainly removed conflicts from Arma 2, less spam makes everyone happy.
  9. Dots wouldn’t appear on map. Quick Legend (Brown dots = zombies Red dots = spawning triggers Blue dots = Vehicles)
  10. Self explanatory
  11. Weird issue indeed, I’m not even sure how I solved it, but it has been solved
  12. Yep.

ADHD??

Σ= .06 Bug fixes. No spawn in water. Smoother. Enjoy.

Download A3 .06

ill try this version out, thank you dude..!

Good job. Hunger and Thirst next, bro (and please make those rabbits/snakes huntable) Also a working option to disable/enable hunger and thirst. Also, make it possible to completely disable weapon spawning (just a script to stop the DZS spawning, so people can add their own spawns) as someone said before. More options is better.

Currently you can make weapon spawns very few and force them into pistols to get some effect.. yet it's still ridiculous to find a box with 7 pistols in it and 80 magazines.. Not good. Not realistic. :)

Edited by LakeDead

Dynamic Zombie Sandbox Update .07

Original Post

Hey,

Quick update, a couple fixes from .06 and a couple new things.

Changelog Overview:

1. Zombies not working on clients
  2. New Game Type: No spawns (for developers)

Detailed Changelog:

1. The list that said “Don’t spawn things on coral†was not pushed to clients
  2. Want to build off of DZS platform? Just take this parameter off and change the map how you wish. Players will not be relocated and vehicles/weapons will not spawn. Zombies will spawn as usual, however.

ADHD?

Σ= .07 Bug Fix. Developer update

Download A3 .07

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

Good job. Hunger and Thirst next, bro (and please make those rabbits/snakes huntable) Also a working option to disable/enable hunger and thirst. Also, make it possible to completely disable weapon spawning (just a script to stop the DZS spawning, so people can add their own spawns) as someone said before. More options is better.

Currently you can make weapon spawns very few and force them into pistols to get some effect.. yet it's still ridiculous to find a box with 7 pistols in it and 80 magazines.. Not good. Not realistic. :)

Yessir, they are next on the list. .07 includes the ability to disable weapon/vehicle spawning. Also it doesn't put the players anywhere. People can add stuff easier now.

You can turn off the boxes easily. It's a parameter.

hey chief - "Want to build off of DZS platform? Just take this parameter off and change the map how you wish. Players will not be relocated and vehicles/weapons will not spawn. Zombies will spawn as usual, however." - Which parameter? Something in the init.sqf? Or is there a in-server admin option menu i missed somewhere.. How do you recommend adjusting these parameters and where are the settings?

Edited by edg

The parameter name is "Game Type". Parameters are found in the player selection menu. If you want to make this change permanent, adjust the description.ext default value for the Game Type parameter to "3".

thx dude, description.ext = game type > 3. much gratitude.

i sent a PM with some other script related questions if you got a moment.

---------- Post added at 05:32 ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 ----------

Wat's the go with the Strike animation? Is it inbuilt into Arma2/3? I would love to implement a melee script into my mission - using it, either that in that the unit has their pistol in their hand when they 'whip' like the zombies, or that they be empty handed, a sort of 'slap' with the primaries holstered..

Love this work.

Hoping for barriers Zeds can't just walk through in this edition\engine.

Thanks Bobtom for you work on this.

Love this work.

Hoping for barriers Zeds can't just walk through in this edition\engine.

Thanks Bobtom for you work on this.

too right mate hey? by the sound of it, at the very least, 'dayz standalone' team has updated the zombie pathfinding to a much more glorious functionality.

timestamp 16:00 if you wanna skip to the part on updated zombie pathfinding..

too right mate hey? by the sound of it, at the very least, 'dayz standalone' team has updated the zombie pathfinding to a much more glorious functionality.
timestamp 16:00 if you wanna skip to the part on updated zombie pathfinding..

On the video I don't see much of a change to the pathfinding.. They're just tossing out theories. The zombies looked as stupid as before in the "fixed" pathfinding part.. Not looking very promising. Also there's no sign on the video that the zombies don't walk through doors/walls. No proof.

Awh god I wish we got hunger/thirst back in soon on DZS. It'd deepen the gameplay quite a bit. I want to shoot those rabbits for meat!

this mission bogged down our dedi with 5 players, every player had lag (screen and server) and the zombies go thru walls and buildings

Craig.

With the new ArmA 3 update, we may need a .08

I can't get the mission to work properly, it wouldn't choose me a "random" spawn.

Alpha came out with an update today, it may have changed some things.

On the video I don't see much of a change to the pathfinding.. They're just tossing out theories. The zombies looked as stupid as before in the "fixed" pathfinding part.. Not looking very promising. Also there's no sign on the video that the zombies don't walk through doors/walls. No proof.

at the moment - units in arma2/3 when Intending to go someplace, 'walk' there regardless of objects in the way, even if it puts them in the floor under their objective. It does seem to be that the pathfinding is ho-hum, and the collision detection is given a 'temporary seize fire' and lets the pathfinding unit through. Perhaps upgrading the pathfinding is the way.

I've noticed arma3 squad units can be commanded to go onto second floor exact positions now - But, on the way up, they often take zombie-like short-cuts through the walls.

SO if the pathfinding was fixed, perhaps arma3 units as a whole would find there way from a to b easier..

There's another update to ArmA 3, but I don't know if it affects DZS in any way.. I shall playtest some.

EDIT: Hmmm the player spawn seemed to work now, most everything else as well. Some regular framerate drops though.

I've noticed arma3 squad units can be commanded to go onto second floor exact positions now

That feature has been in since the first game, Operation Flashpoint. You could order your men into specific windows, doorways, or in the middle of the room, etc.

For some reason for me, the zombies don't walk through barricades on my ArmA 3, they go around solid obstacles. So the "better" pathfinding (that was seen in DayZ video) is already in.

Maybe I just haven't found the specific building/obstacle that they can walk through.

Edited by LakeDead

alright ;p i never gave them that much credit in the first an second, they were so busy being in formation even if it meant travelling right into enemy fire or a tank's sights.

Yo! Craig/bobtom. I played wasteland and it seems your old maste has gotten 'logistics and supply' (aka fortification, locking objects, moving objects, and vehicle storage) working for arma3... might have to ask him for upgrade if you havnt notice it yet.

1) Why is the performance not great with more than 5 people in multiplayer?

Disabling vehicle spawning and only manually adding a few helped, I guess because 200 vehicles is a heavy load?

2) Why is the max limit 100 per km? Is it possible to replicate what dayZ can do? I mean, that amount of zombies that actually works with a decent amount of players. Why was dayZ more efficient? (I know there wasnt many zombies in the forest but only in some places they were densely populated.

Edited by CyberpunkDev

Hey, this is a nice mission and everything, I'm wondering if whether I can get some help on adding ArmA 3 zombie units in Taviana. When I tried to just copy everything from DZS A3 into a Taviana mission, it loads ArmA 2 units (because of the new clothing system, spawning arma 2 units in A3 will make the game crash). So I need some help on "forcing" the scripts to spawn ArmA 3 units only in Taviana, not A2. Thanks in advance!

This is awesome I can't believe you got it working so quickly. Alternatively can you make this work as a single player mission so I can fool around on it a bit more??? Also I thought the thread said you were including the food/water menu I don't see either of these??