Sign in to follow this  
Craig_VG

[Mission] Dynamic Zombie Sandbox Arma 3

Having trouble understanding what this is. This is a Multiplayer Mission with Zombies?

Why haven't you released the "Zombie Mod" by itself which would make you a Developer God and would allow other people to also use your Addon to make their own missions.

It's MP of course, just like the A2, OA, CO, and TOH versions were. There are currently 18 available slots.

Couldn't you talk with the guy's who made the wasteland mod and see if you could work together and combine both wateland and DZS into a single mod? reduce the amount of money found on bodies, increase the price of weapons and ammo etc, making it harder but more fun. If you don't want vehicles to play a big role, you could alwa's remove or reduce the amount of vehicles. Just a thourght, i think both mods combined would make for an awesome mod and drastically improve the gameplay side of things. The name for the new DZS could be simply Wateland DZS, this way those who want to play without the zombies can play the standard Wateland and no which is which from looking at the server name.

Craig, could you work on the mission more, please?

- Your weaponspawns.. they aren't really working properly (spawned empty containers alot and like every 10 meters).

- Zombie spawning bug, it's still there(they stop spawning, until a certain person they are agroed to disconnects, then they despawn, and a few more zombies spawn. Weird bug!) So that wasn't fixed either. Make zombies despawn after their agro-target goes too far from them.

Also, someone went with the name 'Craig' and set up an "Official DZS server".. But you play as 'bobtom', right? I tried to join his server, but his upload speed was TERRIBLE, takes 30 mins to download from him, so I canceled it mid-way.

EDIT: if it's really you then you need a better internets too, bro xD

Just wanted to connect there to YELL AT "YOU" to get off your lazy ass and make the mission working, as people made it working on their own already. You can do it too.

I love you for creating this, but for some reason you're just making more bugs and far more less working things than all the randoms on the server list.

I wish you good luck in making an update that restores some faith in you and humanity. Everyone will play on the mission that randoms fixed for you instead, until you set things right.

Thanks and sorry for harsh words.

Your mission is important to the ArmA community.

Edited by LakeDead

"Your mission is important to the ArmA community"?

Not for me-hoping for a dayz and zombie free multiplayer browser:mad:

my god bobtom. i dont know how you put up with this. XD keep up the good fight!

@lakedead

I have a life outside of gaming (not saying that you don't) , all my free time has been on DZS since A3 came out. I haven't even been able to play vanilla A3 yet. So don't call me lazy please.

Edited by bobtom

I already commented on armaholic, but I think it's a great Idea if you start playing the alpha instead of luring in the kids in A3 with again zombies. Nothing personal, but I do think it's really lame to publish a zombie mod like 12 hours after the Alpha was released. The community got a whole 12 hours free of zombies and the crowd that it attracts. Put your skills to use and create something new that is in style of a mil-sim!

^ What the hell is going on with people in these forums, what do you think makes you entitled to tell someone who is contributing to the community to stop doing it and do something else. He will do whatever he damn pleases, it is his spare time after all.

I already commented on armaholic, but I think it's a great Idea if you start playing the alpha instead of luring in the kids in A3 with again zombies. Nothing personal, but I do think it's really lame to publish a zombie mod like 12 hours after the Alpha was released. The community got a whole 12 hours free of zombies and the crowd that it attracts. Put your skills to use and create something new that is in style of a mil-sim!

B00tsy,

I respect both you and your missions, which I thoroughly enjoy. I have noted your opinion on this subject on the ArmAholic forums, however I fully intend to not only continue the development of DZS, but increase the intensity of development. I'm sorry if this conflicts with your interests.

Edit: If you wish to continue this line of discussion I'd be fine with PM's or email @ craigvandergalien@gmail.com

Edited by bobtom

it's a great Idea if you start playing the alpha instead of luring in the kids in A3 with again zombies. Nothing personal, but I do think it's really lame to publish a zombie mod like 12 hours after the Alpha was released.

It's actually good that there's the zombie and wasteland servers, because all the kids will go there instead of coming to cause mayhem on the more serious missions.

If there were no zombies/wasteland, it'd just be a lot of kids messing up your Mil Sim experience.

Also, Craig passed the test. Good it's good to know he's still trying and other people do have personal lives as well.

Waiting for an awesome DZS update that'll really finally fix the zombiespawns and guns/cars. :) Will be nice.

Keep up the good work bobtom.

ArmA needs to have ANY possible scenario..fictional or less fictional :protest:

Dynamic Zombie Sandbox Version .03

Good Day, ladies and gentlemen.

Here I have, as promised, is another version of Dynamic Zombie Sandbox. It includes a major addition, vehicles. I created a new spawning system that will be more efficient. To summarize, it spawns vehicles as you explore the map, instead of right in the beginning. Making a smooth load for the host. Also, I added civilian zombies, a difference between A3 and A2 was causing them not to be included.

Changes:

• New vehicle spawn system
  • Adjusted some parameters
  • Included Civilian skins

Note: This is an alpha version of a mission on an alpha version of a game. Don't expect perfection, play at your own risk. Please don't rate down an unfinished product.

(Photos on website)

Download

Here I have, as promised, is another version of Dynamic Zombie Sandbox. It includes a major addition, vehicles. I created a new spawning system that will be more efficient. To summarize, it spawns vehicles as you explore the map, instead of right in the beginning. Making a smooth load for the host. Also, I added civilian zombies, a difference between A3 and A2 was causing them not to be included.

Changes:

Note: This is an alpha version of a mission on an alpha version of a game. Don't expect perfection, play at your own risk. Please don't rate down an unfinished product.

(Photos on website)

Download

Hey man, looks good, especially with the physics of the zombies dropping dead!

However, when I host via listen server on LAN and jump on, I find that the zombies can hardly notice me. I have to shoot one for it to run at me, and the others just ignore me until I fire upon them. I'm walking around watching them moan and roam.

Any ideas?

Changes:

(Photos on website)

Download

Thank you, Craig. Some of us know that it isn't your zombie madness that brought the "unwanted" crowd. Plenty of people peacefully played DZS long before DayZ arrived. Even the DZS crowd was shaken up when DayZ arrived and flocks of hackers joined our DZS servers..

I've never been one to personally email big members of the community (maybe out of intimidation), let alone reply to on a thread. Either way, I've loved DZS for a long time, and it's been an amazing time-eater whether it's between serious missions or just when I have a bit of free time during the day, and it's where I've met a lot of my friends that enjoy serious ArmA gameplay. So although many people seem to be making false assumptions, I thought you should know that quite a few of us are very happy with your work and dedication.

In other news, when will the zombie's health be fixed? They seem to be walking tanks.. :c

So I got a chance to play on some servers, and yeah. There are some serious problems... Zombies don't attack and boxes don't have weapons in them. I'll fix this now.

So I got a chance to play on some servers, and yeah. There are some serious problems... Zombies don't attack and boxes don't have weapons in them. I'll fix this now.

Thanks, Bob. I'll be waiting/salivating right over your shoulder.

The link has been updated on the website, the version should now read .035. It's basically a hotfix. From my tests online, the issues with zombies not attacking and weapons not being added, etc, etc. Are gone now.

How do you set specific parametes for a dedicated server?

Edit: DZS Parameters.

Edited by Spunkybd

Dynamic Zombie Sandbox Update .05

Salutations,For the third day in a row I have a release for DZS Arma 3. The changelog will be a little more fleshed out this time, compared to the relatively short one for .03, therefore I have deemed this version to be .05.

Changelog Overview

1. Added weapon and other loot spawns in buildings
  2. Headshots will kill
  3. Split up player groups
  4. Removed jittery zombie spawning
  5. Cleaned up parameters
  6. Zombies not attacking
  7. Players starting without weapons
  8. Boxes being empty

Detailed Changelog:

1. DZS now uses the same loot spawn system included in Wasteland. Tonic and I have exchanged scripts before and this is another example.
  2. Previously headshots were not guaranteed kills. Now they almost always are. They will still take a decent amount of FMJ to the rest of their bodies, however.
  3. The radio chatter was annoying and gave the split up players' positions away
  4. The problem has been in place since DZS 1.0 Combined Operations. It's gone now.
  5. Many old parameters that no longer work in A3 were in the list, I removed them. As DZS A3 gets developed more, they will be returned.
  6. Not sure where this problem came from, but it was seen in V.03. Last night I threw out a hotfix that changed some code, and the problem disappeared.
  7. Name says it all, also fixed in hotfix
  8. Boxes spawned by clients were seen as empty, server now spawns all boxes. Fixed in hotfix.

Note: The hotfix was .035, no official release post was made for this. If anyone can confirm that the hotfix did not fix the above issues, please inform me.

Download

Also I really like this video! Thanks to Karwin Leutscher for creating it! This is on version .03.

0JGB90ytXc8

Thank for work !!

I'v try whith chopper mission when i join marker position of chopper, chopper spawn's under ground.

Some vehicle's explode after spawn (bad position at spawn?).

Some zombies spawn very nearest of us some time on small village.

Okay and what about the randomly disappearing magazines in the inventory? And players sharing the same inventory? You put 1 magazine into your vest, it appears on another person as well.

EDIT: Also I did not extensively test the new version, but in 0.35 choosing the zombie spawning method either broke the whole zombies or just did nothing. (everywhere, more in towns, everywhere, etc)

EDIT: After extensive testing it seems the zombie spawns become less and less as the mission progresses, coming to a near halt after 1-2 hours of gameplay, even with the setting 100 zombies per KM.

Edited by LakeDead

After an hour or so of co-op, there are a few more bugs in addition to the ones above.

Vehicles spawn inside buildings, zombies can sometimes spawn in water, crates very rarely spawn (saw maybe 1 or 2), and the progressive vehicle spawning continues to spawn when you are in the same area.

I'd say the zombie spawning in the previous version was great though, it worked well with very few bugs.

Edited by PoorMansSniper

Question again, :P

Friend of mine and I are attempting to play over the internet, strange thing continues to happen where the host will load in, be able to move around for about 30 seconds to a minute, then his game will freeze and have to be ended via task manager. Any idea?