Sign in to follow this  
PTV-Jobo

Endless DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED Crashes

I got a Gainward GTX285 and used a Gigabyte GTS250 before. Both had these crashes.

It's really starting to get on my nerves... it's every time for a bunch of people, but there's no official statement/help so far.

/EDIT: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=579 Why is it not assigned yet, since so many people have so many problems with no solution?

Edited by Brain

Sorry for dp, if you want to edit it, edit it. I just want to make sure anybody reads this.

For me, I found a solution. My OS is Win8-64-Bit, you can see my other specs in my signature.

Here's what I've done:

1. Downloaded EVGA Precision

2. Powered up the Fan of my GPU

3. Reset all custom settings inside my NVIDIA-Controlpanel

4. Activated VSYNC globally inside my NVIDIA-Controlpanel and activated it in my ArmA3.

No crashes for days, at least not every time seconds after joining. Performance is the same as before. Played 3x >120m in one piece and no crash.

Sorry for dp, if you want to edit it, edit it. I just want to make sure anybody reads this.

For me, I found a solution. My OS is Win8-64-Bit, you can see my other specs in my signature.

Here's what I've done:

1. Downloaded EVGA Precision

2. Powered up the Fan of my GPU

3. Reset all custom settings inside my NVIDIA-Controlpanel

4. Activated VSYNC globally inside my NVIDIA-Controlpanel and activated it in my ArmA3.

No crashes for days, at least not every time seconds after joining. Performance is the same as before. Played 3x >120m in one piece and no crash.

I'm glad you found a solution. Has anybody else tested it? If so, any luck?

I'm currently testing four "stable" versions back from 314.22 to see if it makes any difference. Ideally I'd like to run with the latest drivers, so may just end up forcing VSync on.

i too have this problem...so rediculous,, nvidia needs to get on it and so does bi, this is a BIG issue for almost every nvidia user. im running a 660 SC

I'm guess they're getting delayed while making female models for raging 'girlgamers', lol.

I'm using the latest driver, I think 314.22.

Be sure to run the .exe as admin, though.

Report 579 has been set to "reviewed" for a number of weeks now. Does anybody (maybe astaroth) have new information about this error? I'm about to reinstall Windows 8 and would like to know if there's anything that I can do to avoid this problem happening in the future. :)

- Moderators: I understand that this post doesn't add anything to the topic, but I haven't seen any discussion about this ongoing problem for a while. Many people, including myself have been unable to play this game for over a month.

My gtx550 and a gtx285 quit having the error with 314.22 drivers.

I hope you're doing a clean install with them.

Yep, I always do a clean install. I have been using 314.22 and still get this. Funny enough for myself, I've also begun experiencing it in The Secret World as well. The only way around it at least temporarily long enough to get some game time in is to go in into Afterburner and lower the clock on my 570 to around the 760's range. If I don't do that, I get the DX stuff. So, after enough banging my head and cursing up a storm, I finally bought a 670. Something tells me (and hoping I'm right) that at least for my situation it's down to a shitty card from Gigabyte since mine was from the first series and they crapped 2 other revisions before discontinuing them. So after being told by tech support to try my card in a few pc's via the support ticket and ignoring everything I said to them....yeah, Gigabyte can shove this card. Will report back after I plop in my new MSI 670 and let you know if my DX woes are gone or not. Heeeeeeeeeeeeeere's hoping!

This error is still there, I get it frequently. Yesterday it happened after 20 minutes playing in MP.

I get this when resizing the window when playing windowed about 80% of the time. (Ati)

While the newest cards are pretty much worth it, I am still glad I am not running DX11. I will keep my eyes open for ya fellas.

While the newest cards are pretty much worth it, I am still glad I am not running DX11. I will keep my eyes open for ya fellas.

Game changing (in this case - stopping) issues don't seem to be too common with the latest components, though I definitely understand where you're coming from. If it isn't broken, don't fix it. I appreciate you taking the time out to assist, even though you don't have this problem yourself.

The developers whom I have spoken with have been very helpful and I cannot thank them enough for their input. As I mentioned in a previous post, this issue has been "reviewed" on the tracker so I can't understand why no comment has been made by BIS as to the cause. It would be greatly appreciated.

This is certainly not unique to Arma 3 or Arma 2 and it doesn't appear to be related to Nvidia drivers, since I and others have tried different versions with the same outcome. I have no experience or knowledge of how involved DirectX and PhysX are with the game, however I'm wondering if the issue may be tied to such code embedded in game. Again, an official word would be appreciated by many.

Finally, though a long-shot I thought it would be a good idea for those who are experiencing this issue to list their computer specifications, along with monitor, resolution and connection details (DVI, HDMI ect). Maybe it's something that we all have in common that's causing the crash.

Configuration

CPU - Intel Core i7-3820 (3.6GHz/Stock)

GPU - Gainward Phantom GTX 680 4GB (Stock)

RAM - Corsair Vengeance 16GB (1600Mhz | 4x4GB)

MOBO - Asus Rampage IV Formula X79

PSU - Corsair Professional Series AX750 - '80 Plus Gold'

Monitor - Dell U2711 (2560x1440 /w Dual Link DVI)

Edited by MissileMoose

There was an advice I saw somewhere to raise voltage to the videocard via MSI afterburner, similar software or BIOS by a negligible amount (like 0.01V). This helped some people to resolve similar problem. (Try on your own risk!)

Im just wondering if this problem is mostly for people with nvidia cards since i've been having this problem aswell with my sapphire hd 7970, i've gone through 2 cards due to warranty and both cards give me the error when overclocked the only way to solve it yet has been by increasing the voltage with MSI afterburner.

Im just wondering if this problem is mostly for people with nvidia cards since i've been having this problem aswell with my sapphire hd 7970, i've gone through 2 cards due to warranty and both cards give me the error when overclocked the only way to solve it yet has been by increasing the voltage with MSI afterburner.

This issue has been raised to the head of development or lead programmer (uncertain on job title) by Zipper5, whom I have been in correspondence with. I'm uncertain if the source of the issue has been confirmed yet, however Zipper and I believe that there's a chance it's related to a Microsoft package possibly distributed by Arma 3. I've been unable to play any game in the series for around four months now, I need to get around to testing Arma 2 prior to installing Arma 3, to see if it makes a difference.

I recommend that you leave your voltage alone, lowering or raising it isn't a permanent solution.

This issue has been raised to the head of development or lead programmer (uncertain on job title) by Zipper5, whom I have been in correspondence with. I'm uncertain if the source of the issue has been confirmed yet, however Zipper and I believe that there's a chance it's related to a Microsoft package possibly distributed by Arma 3. I've been unable to play any game in the series for around four months now, I need to get around to testing Arma 2 prior to installing Arma 3, to see if it makes a difference.

I recommend that you leave your voltage alone, lowering or raising it isn't a permanent solution.

Please keep us up to date. This error is making it almost impossible to play for any period of time.

I have the same problem.

"DX11 error : buffer Map failed : DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED"

Is the only game I have this problem. I play Arma 2 perfectly.

Any solution?

Regards

I am having the same problem as the poster above. And only when playing Arma 3.

DX11 error : buffer Map failed : DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED

DX11 - device removed - reason: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

Running a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 with latest stable drivers.

I am having the same problem as the poster above. And only when playing Arma 3.

DX11 error : buffer Map failed : DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED

DX11 - device removed - reason: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

Running a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 with latest stable drivers.

It seems I have solved the problem upgrading the BIOS from Gigabyte web

site.

http://www.gigabyte.com/support-downloads/download-center.aspx?ck=2

Though it might solve the issue, updating your BIOS is not without risk and should not be mandatory to run a (read: just this) game.

Having Arma 3 prefer not only an Intel/nVidia-combo, but also a specific MoBo-manufacturer's BIOS should be a no-go...

I am also having this issue. Happens regularly but more often around large towns/battles. Have already turned settings down to the lowest they'll go and updated drivers. System is core i5, intel hd graphics 4000, windows 8.1. Hope to solve this issue as its preventing me playing most scenarios and the campaign...

I am getting the crash, and perhaps other crashes, whenever I load first autosave of Wet Work campaign mission and at start of Scuba Showcase. See my post at end of this ticket. Two sets of dump files uploaded.

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=579#c59949

I cannot proceed with campaign. Campaign was running fine all weekend, and now it's crash city. The crashes are so bad that I have to hard power off the computer, as my video hardware crashes totally ("Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.")

I started a new ticket:

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=16006

as I am totally screwed here. Crashes occur EVERY time at the same point in those missions. Just now, the crash occurred again just after first autosave in freshly reverted Wet Work mission. Other missions, showcases, playing in editor, and other games are fine, including A2 CO.

Obviously, this is a very serious problem that has been going on for about 8 months with no resolution. It's almost time to ask for a refund for A3 unless BI can offer some solution, as I can no longer play the campaign.

Edited by OMAC

do we know if the devs are seriously focused on fixing this issue? this error occurs every time I'm in urban combat so prevents me from completing most missions. afraid I'm going to have to abandon the game if there's no fix...

Trying the game once a week to see if there is any progress concerning this issue, but to date it still crashes withing 5 minutes.

Well, will gonna give it a try next week; very disappointing...