Sign in to follow this  
PTV-Jobo

Endless DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED Crashes

I had this problem after installing driver updates a while back; then I removed them and it work. I have updated everything now, and hey presto it's broken again. Nothing in the update list jumps out to me as being the culprit, now, though I'm wondering wtf nvidia virtual audio is all about seeing as I have 2 soundcards which are not nvidia...

Well... I've tried to revert the Intel drivers and it seems that 9.17.10.2932 (December) and earlier perform flawlessly, while 9.18.10.3071 (March) and later tend to suffer from this issue...

EDIT: Made a topic in Intel's Support Community http://communities.intel.com/message/214368

Edited by NoPOW

Well... I've tried to revert the Intel drivers and it seems that 9.17.10.2932 (December) and earlier perform flawlessly, while 9.18.10.3071 (March) and later tend to suffer from this issue...

EDIT: Made a topic in Intel's Support Community http://communities.intel.com/message/214368

NoPOW would you kindly share the link to the 9.17.10.2932 drivers? I'm on a lenovo pc so generic drivers (not manufacturer specific) would help. thank you!!

Please google for Win32_152812.exe or Win64_152812.exe (I'm using the 64 bit driver), or send me your e-mail address by PM...

I'm interested to know if it would solve this issue for you too.

NoPOW, I installed the 64-bit drivers you mentioned and the issue went away! Thanks so much for your advice. Seems to be an issue with Intel drivers

NoPOW, I installed the 64-bit drivers you mentioned and the issue went away! Thanks so much for your advice. Seems to be an issue with Intel drivers

No problem. Glad I could help. :)

Oh Damn. I'm getting the same error, too! :(

As soon as I updated my game from 1.03 to 1.08, the very next day came the error:

14sjj7p.jpg

The error even interferes with the last mission in "Survive" at the last fight at Mike-26.

:cry2:

My system Specs is this:

===================================================

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601)

Manufacturer: Samsung

BIOS: BIOS_VENDOR Ver: P04AAL.022.120630

Processor: Intel® Core i7-3610QM CPU @ 2.30 GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.3GHz

Memory: 4096 RAM

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

====================================================

I Hope someone could help me with this,

Ranwer

Please guys, I really need help getting these errors fixed. These errors are affecting Multiplayer, The Campaign, my upcoming addon and both arma 3 Islands. :(

If there's some way to get it fixed, let me know.

Ranwer

It kills all immersion in the game, crashing the whole time, even occurs when entering the campaign mission, crashed after 5 seconds. Notice more crashes in the night missions than the daylight ones.

It kills all immersion in the game, crashing the whole time, even occurs when entering the campaign mission, crashed after 5 seconds. Notice more crashes in the night missions than the daylight ones.

Yep, I did notice. But how can I fix them? :(

I've been having this same problem for months now. Arma 3 is completely unplayable since I get kicked off every 1-15 minutes of game play. I've tried to find the earlier .2932 driver, but all the links I've followed take me to a page that says "The file has been moved, deleted, or archived." I'm at the end of my rope here.

I've been having this same problem for months now. Arma 3 is completely unplayable since I get kicked off every 1-15 minutes of game play. I've tried to find the earlier .2932 driver, but all the links I've followed take me to a page that says "The file has been moved, deleted, or archived." I'm at the end of my rope here.

Check your temps, really. A2 was the same way, hot cpu crashed mp play every time.

Yep. I'm definitely getting crashes ONLY at night. :(

It's so bad, I can't even finish the last mission in "Survive"

:icon_cry:

I get about 1 crash/hour playing KOTH.

Never crash in BP.

I'm willing to bet it's a vehicle thing since that's the big difference between the two: one has tons of them, the other almost none (actively running about and blowing up at least).

Continues to happen in the Bingo Fuel first night mission after have completed all the side missions during the day. This error plus the AI in this particular mission, perfect...

i bought arma 3 and im getting this problem as well. when im playing Arma 3 the game closes and says says dxgi _error device removed. does anyone know how to fix this

Google search found alot:

Searches related to DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED Crashes

dxgi error device removed crysis 3

dxgi error device removed hitman absolution

dxgi error device removed battlefield 3

dxgi error device removed nvidia

dxgi error device removed bf3

dxgi error device removed arma 3

dxgi error device removed her present

dxgi error device removed the secret world

I'd look at video card drivers --a clean re-install or updated.

And post specs. Need the vid card & driver info.

To everyone having this issue, I hope I can provide you with a possible fix for you if you have not already tried it yourself.

Specs:

i7-2600k (3.4GHZ) @ 4.2GHz - H100i

G1 Sniper v2 LGA1055

2xGTX580 (795Mhz) SLI @ 900Mhz - Accelero Hybrid GPU AiO Liquid Coolers

Ripjaw X 4x4GB (16GB) RAM - Dominator RAM Cooler

Now I'm not sure if everybody here has overclocked their GPU's or not but after trying EVERYTHING I read over BI forums and others I came across another suggestion I thought I'd try out because I was just so ridiculously keen to play this since the Alpha version. I tried underclocking CPU/GPU's, running single/dual cores through the launcher, setting RAM speeds to default, running optimized / standard defaults through BIOS, reinstalling DirectX drivers manually through ARMA 3 folder in stored drive, reinstalling ARMA 3... and much more. Just... EVERYTHING..

This morning I read to reduce GPU clocks to factory standard (if not already) and bumping up the core voltage by 2-5%. So I bumped up the factory voltage of 1000mV to 1050mV.

(My cards have been known to support up to 1150mV. Ranges up to 1100mV's are 24/7 overclock voltages so I'm in the very safe range. Being both liquid cooled, they operate at a maximum of 55*c on an incredibly warm day even with the Fermi GF110's being well known for their heat)

Had the game running for 20 hours now flawlessly whilst all my settings areat Ultra/maximum CPU count/etc.. Hope this helps at least some of you out there.

(p.s. Both cards are still in SLI configuration)

(p.p.s. Please do this at your own risk >_<)

(p.p.p.s I used MSI Afterburner)

Edited by DelQz

I can confirm that overvolting GPU may make the trick. But it's always easier to blame your computer than Arma3 game :whistle:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?180734-Crashing-Crashing-and-Crashing&p=2736075#post2736075

True, spending all that time to make a great game CAN'T be their fault :rolleyes: but this is the one and only software which forces me to do this. Even Unigine Valley/Heaven v4.0 doesn't ask this of me D: It's happy with my normal overclock volts/speeds >_<

Well, I'm really at a loss. I've tried everything and Arma 3 crashes since I upgraded from my dual GTX 480 cards to a single GTX 780 TI overclock edition by Asus. I've tried underclocking the card and bumping up the voltage using GPU Tweak. I've tried pretty much everything I've read in this thread with no luck.

Keep getting error:

D3D Error: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED

Can anyone help? I've not been able to play this game since October which has pretty much removed me from the modding scene.

Same I bought it May 12, 2014. It's been a year. Still not a stable fix to this I need help

This problem only started from the second last patch for me, but after last patch it is happening all the time.

Tried all kind of different sollutions, rollback to old gfx drivers and halving the "maxVram=" to what my card has.

No luck so far. And I know a lot of people with the same problem.

Edited by s3xmachinegun

Yeah i started to get these too lately, after update 1.46.131127(or from previous, had a break from arma and did not play much using the previous version). No hardware has changed on my pc, drivers up-to-date.

GTX 680 here.

21:21:54 DX11 error : CreateBuffer failed : DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED
21:21:54 DX11 - device removed - reason: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG
21:21:54 DX11 error : CreateBuffer failed : DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED
21:21:54 DX11 - device removed - reason: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG
21:21:54 Virtual memory total 4095 MB (4294836224 B)
21:21:54 Virtual memory free 1382 MB (1449275392 B)
21:21:54 Physical memory free 10562 MB (11075080192 B)
21:21:54 Page file free 23212 MB (24339656704 B)
21:21:54 Process working set 2086 MB (2187448320 B)
21:21:54 Process page file used 2360 MB (2474668032 B)
21:21:54 Longest free VM region: 1292173312 B
21:21:54 VM busy 2863026176 B (reserved 168173568 B, committed 2694852608 B, mapped 152158208 B), free 1431810048 B
21:21:54 Small mapped regions: 28, size 139264 B
21:21:54 VID: dedicated: 2087387136, shared 2147807232, system: 0, max: 1772814336, used: 1662054400