Sign in to follow this  
teetime

TeeTimes Warfare

Biggest issues:

-Vehicle lock/unlock seems to be broken for the bigger part.

-civilian problem as always.

-"preventing spawn in town which is under attack"

Hey TeeTime.

I want to host this mission but with some functions disabled.

I basically just want to be able to cap towns and leave out the HQ, money system, and the ability to buy vehicles and such from the shops.

What part of the script is all that handled? I played around with variables and functions but that seems to mess up the over all mission.

Thanks.

Edited by BloodxGusher

Hey TeeTime.

I basically just want to be able to cap towns and leave out the HQ, money system, and the ability to buy vehicles and such from the shops.

An easy "solution" is to change the income system to zero (or near zero). You will still have an HQ but not be able to buy stuff. Work around of course, but easy to do.

An easy "solution" is to change the income system to zero (or near zero). You will still have an HQ but not be able to buy stuff. Work around of course, but easy to do.

After playing around for some hours. I was able to get a working solution to what I was aiming for.

I was able to remove some towns

Removed the HQ and factory/shops

added some gear to resistance

and did some price changes

I was going for a more logistical approach where all weapons and vehicles come from main base and limited.

So what you carry in field is what you got and to get more ammo requires the help of teamates.

My only issue now is being able to spawn with out weapons and gear. Almost like being a new recruit upon spawning. Im using BTC Revive. I hope this is not causing conflicts.

I plan on hosting this mission in a few hours.

I am happy to inform you that we released the 0.626! Additional Chutulluh joined our Team and took over the AI Scripts for Patrols.

Here are the changes:

Added:

Parameter for number of ingame towns

Parameter für mobil or Static base

Parameter for Satelite intelligence

Parameter for Buyable Vehicles

Parameter for AI Patrols

Respawn can be choosen

Unit Patrol Script by Chutulluh

HQ town restriction to avoid bases in the middle of towns

Headless Client Support has been added. If you dont know what a HC is please use the search option of the BIS forum.

The Parameter must be similar with the HC name!

Fixed:

Changed:

Price Balancing by garisat

We hope that you will enjoy the changes we made. Feedback is always welcome and i cant fix the AI behaviour of Townguards without resistance units. Sorry

Edited by TeeTime

look at the vehicule and wait 3secondes for option lock/unlock

on dev

looks like the "lock/unlock" bug is a A3 engine problem, sometimes it works fine ...

After a lot of testing, i found a fix for the lock/unlock bug on our "German Ballerbude" servers.

It seems, as if there were some issues with our server profile, especially our difficulty settings.

I couldn't determine which value was responsible, i actually reverted the difficulties back to

default and set everything back to normal. After i upload the new profile (with almost the

exact same values), the lock/unlock bug was gone on our servers (haven't played a lot myself,

but according to my beta tests and some others feedback).

By the way, i wanted to ask you, if it were possible to introduce some kind of "quickstart" (parameter),

where the towns are equally split between the enemy teams. That way we could avoid the "civilian" problem.

Could solution in this thread work to fix civilians problems? http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?148580-Setfriend-for-civillians-changing-to-independant-(Problem)&highlight=arma+3+independent

Creating independent object with 0 propability of presence and grouping civilians to it. I tried it in editor and it worked- both sides ai´s attacking them and no penalty for killing them.

Version 0.627 released.

Supporst now version 0.52.103279

setFriend is very unreliable. If you are using small groups group the individual units to an independent object. They'll become independent and should be shot properly by both sides.

Sounds like the fix for the most pressing warfare issue (in my eyes).

Hello everyone.

I need some assistance with a problem I am having. Here is the situation.

I am working on a mission based off this mission.

Basically what I am trying to do host this mission but with some features off.

here is what I have so far.

Features that are turned off.

-shops

-buying al

-voting

-hq

Features that are still on

-money

-respawning

-towns

-bases

-hq

Features that I want active and tweaked

-money was a simple fix due to lowering prices and turning off shops (so i think)

-respawning. This seems to be a issue on multiple levels.

1. I have the issue of instantly respawing.

2. The ability to spawn on towns after capturing is non existent via the map click.

3. spawning in the corner of the map depending on what features I turn off

-bases. I would like the option or ability to set the base instead of having one randomly chosen at the beginning of the game.

The mission I have developed features a fully created base designated for both factions on the map and I would like to set those as the main bases.

-HQ. I'm pretty sure bases corallate with the HQ. If could turn them off and keep the bases funtioning would be great since in my mission there would be no need to drive around and set the HQ however, if there is no work around for this, I would not mind have the HQ spawn in a fixed position that I can designate.

I appreciate any all suggestions on this matter. Thanks.

60 slot server 0.607 is cycled. Everytime i spawn it says mission is over 15 seconds till restart and as they pass server kill's me...

Here is the first version with the possibility to save your gear. Just go near the HQ and use "Save Gear". Please note that this version hasnt been tested on multiple server as we are doing it normally so the system can still be a bit buggy.

Link: http://www.file-upload.net/download-7418145/cti_30_teetimeswarfare_0629.Stratis.pbo.html

60 Slot version will be released after we made some more test etc.

We use it with btc revive... very simple to adapt...

Teetime, For the AI behaviour i think there is a mistake, it should be SAFE not SAVE..

Edited by Mariodu62

Hi Teetime,

i was experimenting with "addrating" http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/addRating to test a group of AI soldiers attacking civilians. A rating below -2000 works, they will recognize any civilian as an enemy. unfortunately this won't work for a group of civilians, because once they're spawned with weapons in hands, they will fight to the death until one survives because they see each other as the enemy (it was actually funny to observe the mess... :D ). My idea for a workaround with the problem of your own AI court-martialing you after killing CIV units, is to give each player a very high account of morality like "this addrating 100000;". This should be enough to kill all CIV-units spawning as defenders of the towns in your warfare and prevent the rating of players to drop below -2000.

probiers vielleicht mal aus, wir hörn uns bei Bier ;)

Thanks for that idea it will be tested in version 0.630

The 630 has been released. I decided to stop the releases of the 60 player versions because for me it looks like that nobody used them. In the case that you want a 60 Slot version please PM me and i will release a 60 Slot 630.

Added:

-Gear can now be saved at HQ. (Use the Save Gear Action)

-Gear will be saved to after you bought something at the weapon shop. This does not work for Ammo Boxes!

Fix:

-Thanks to AlecDelerean for telling me how to fix the problem with killing Civs. Now you can kill as many Civs as you want and you shouldnt lose your group command/ be attacked by your AI.

Will you be adding in a commanders role and base building? I.e. like Bennys Warfare in Arma 2?

That was my favourite part of the mode. Added more depth and an RTS feel to it.

p.s did you remove the equipment shop from the mode? I'm playing 630 and I only see the vehicle, AI and weapons shops. I can't buy scopes, supressors and backpacks anymore :(

Edited by HighwayStar

Yes commanders are something i want to add and i have never added ab eqiupment shop maybe you played an edited version. In this case please PM me which version it was then i will look if i can add a similar shop into the main mission.