Sign in to follow this  
python.au

Littlebird Extension Beta

( Now Beta Helicopter Extension)

bh_ext_img_zpsf7ebb391.jpg

As requested I am releasing an updated version of this addon and also included a script that makes the Mohawks ramp functional (Thanks to Norrin)

Once again all these textures are in the game files this just puts them on place-able units in the editor. Example mission included in download to show you how to setup the CH-49/MD500

---Quick tips---

Add 'this animate ["addDoors", 1]; this animate ["addBenches",0];' to the init line of your civilian MD 500 to remove the Benches and Add Doors.

---------------

Updated version released that includes:

CH-49 Ramp control script

BLUFOR:

MH9 Hummingbird (Black)

AH9 Hummingbird (Black)

Opfor:

PO-30 Orca Unarmed (Camo)

PO-30 Orca Armed (Black)

Independent:

MH9 Hummingbird

AH9 Hummingbird

PO-30 Orca Unarmed

PO-30 Orca Armed

Civilian:

MD 500 (Blue)

MD 500 (Red)

PO-30 (Blue Stripes)

CH-49 Mohawk (ION)

CH-49 Mohawk (Dahoman)

-----------------------

Credits:

BI for the textures and Arma 3 etc.

Norrin for his excellent C-130 script from Arma 2 which I modified for the CH-49.

Signed for MP use, Key included in package.

Download:

Mediafire Download

Armaholic Download

Edited by Python.au
Updated for Beta.

These look like Take On Helicopters skins.

If I had to guess, I'd say that's probably why they were already in the files. I thought the same thing.

Isn't this a littlebit unneccesary since you can just add

this setObjectTexture [0, "\A3\air_F\Heli_light_01\data\heli_light_01_ext_blue_co.paa"];

to the littlebird's initialization and it got the texture on it and saves you the hassle to download an addon.

This addon saves the hassle to write this code in a unit's init field every time ;)

I doubt this addon will work anymore given the change in class names

Well if anyone's still interested in this I can release an updated version with fixed class names & maybe I can play around with adding some more colours. The Littlebird sadly has a mirrored texture though so it limits what you can do.

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

=============================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

First post updated with new release :yay:

Nice update. Really need moderator to update title. Easy for people to overlook this and miss all the new content.

Any chance you could add those door and bench script lines by default? You should be able to add an eventhandler init to the helicopter class in the config to trigger them

I did try too get the benches and doors to default that way, I did not think about event handlers however, that comes down to a lack basic knowledge in that area.. Could be an idea, not that I know how to implement it. Going to be away next week but ill have plenty of spare time to look at how to do it. And yeah probably a good idea to update the thread title, if any moderators would be so kind <3. Also put an Armaholic link in first post, forgot to add that, sorry Foxhound :<

Edited by Foxhound
No worries :), thread renamed!

I'm noticing the doors no longer show up on the MD500 even when you add 'this animate ["addDoors", 1];'

Anyone know if there is still a way to get the doors to show up?

Thanks!

I'm noticing the doors no longer show up on the MD500 even when you add 'this animate ["addDoors", 1];'

Anyone know if there is still a way to get the doors to show up?

Thanks!

It's been taken out of the standard builds but has been left in the dev version

It's been taken out of the standard builds but has been left in the dev version

Thanks for the reply. The paint schemes are still cool.