Sign in to follow this  
creepybumblebee

Controller/Joystick mapping

MarkcusD's thread merged into here, didn't really need its own separate thread.

Can Anyone please do a video/details on how to setup a controller for the arma 3 please? I have a bad back and can't use the keyboard and mouse all the time sitting up! The controller is partically working but not fully functional! Thank you and please do this for me cause this will help me out and other's in the gaming community!

I made a simple guide on Arma3 steam forum for those who want to learn how to map a controller with a 3rd party programme to use on Arma3. Also a few profile there you can copy and paste

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=132756328

I made a simple guide on Arma3 steam forum for those who want to learn how to map a controller with a 3rd party programme to use on Arma3. Also a few profile there you can copy and paste

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=132756328

Nice job, thanks for taking the time to do that. I'm sure it will help a lot of people.

Nice job, thanks for taking the time to do that. I'm sure it will help a lot of people.

I try to keep my profiles simple as possible , i find some profiles have way to many commands linked to them and it gets confusing for most people ,And then it the heat of battle it goes pear shaped

I think you have to accept that there are limits on what you can do with a pad in Arma , and you have to decide what keys you can live with out on the pad its all about your own individual play style in my eyes :)

Hey all,

Sorry to bump , but do you think If I got one of the 360 controller keyboards that plug in, that could be used for more interaction with ArmA. Does Windows recognize it as a keyboard or seperate input device?

microsoft-xbox-360-messenger-keyboard-controller-final2.jpg

I looked at chat pad but Microsoft never released a driver for it to work in windows .But there is a free ware project driver to make it work in windows but its still in development and not some thing i would recommend at the moment. with any luck they will update it in future.

http://code.google.com/p/chatpad-super-driver

I done a guide on custom setups on steam http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=132756328#-1

Here is my custom set up useing Xpadder , note you need to check the guide for instruction and how to get this to work.And you need to map the left stick in the arma menu as this will give you the control of speed etc .Over 45 commands mapped to the pad and you dont need to change sets just need to alter the ingame key binding and enable custom controller and diable scheme controller

Intro

wedintro.jpg

Config changes you need to make

wedconfig.jpg

Infantry

wedinfantry.jpg

Flight

flightwed.jpg

Vehicles

vehiclewed.jpg

Overview

2013032700011.jpg

Edited by specta3

I have a problem with my Logitech G940. If I go into the controls, all mappings from the G940 are greyed out (not active). Also clicking enable doesn't seem to do anything. It was working fine in the first build and dev build of the alpha, but after the update and later dev builds it doesn't work anymore. Any ideas?

Greetings

There is NO way to do that. If fact, none of the controller schemes function any differently than any of the others (even post update .58). You can, however achieve full functionality by taking many hours out of your life and assigning each key to your controller by customizing. You CANNOT assign your right trigger to fire with an XBOX 360 controller... is this coincidental or the K&M gods summoning one last gasp of power before they inevitably expire. Please PM if you need help with this. In fact, by the time the pre-sets work, everyone will probably have customized their controller and used Xpadder to configure their controllers so they can get on with playing the game. Xpadder too, is a pain to get it right, but in the end works. PM me for down and dirty Xpadder assistance for setting up infantry controls. Sorry, but those are the facts as of 5-28-13

There is NO way to do that. If fact, none of the controller schemes function any differently than any of the others (even post update .58). You can, however achieve full functionality by taking many hours out of your life and assigning each key to your controller by customizing.
Something you should do as soon as you first fire up ARMA 3, set up infantry, vehicle, heli and fixed wing controls.

You CANNOT assign your right trigger to fire with an XBOX 360 controller...

I hate this too and only reason I use xpadder is to assign the left trigger for firing, part of my keyboard & joypad control method.