Sign in to follow this  
Onehandband1t

Heli controls with xbox 360 pad

Hi guys

I am really loving the Alpha so far, but have one problem. I can only use one hand to play games so I use a 360 pad which has supported both Arma 2 and now Arma 3. The control scheme on Arma 2 worked magic but not so with Arma 3. I prefer the heli controls from Arma 2 with the thumbsticks being used for pitch and elevation but Arma 3 Alpha has LB & RB as elevation which is really really slow at ascending/descending and also Right trigger is yaw right & shoot which is obviously broken. Could you guys fix this please.

I've tried everything to get the original arma 2 xbox controls for the heli but to no prevail :( right yaw/fire is definitely a bug lol

Hi guys

I am really loving the Alpha so far, but have one problem. I can only use one hand to play games so I use a 360 pad which has supported both Arma 2 and now Arma 3. The control scheme on Arma 2 worked magic but not so with Arma 3. I prefer the heli controls from Arma 2 with the thumbsticks being used for pitch and elevation but Arma 3 Alpha has LB & RB as elevation which is really really slow at ascending/descending and also Right trigger is yaw right & shoot which is obviously broken. Could you guys fix this please.

This works for me. Disable your controller under the "schemes" area, and activate your controller on the "Custom" area. Triggers bound as "pedals", right stick bound to "Thrust (analogue)", left stick bound to "Cyclic", bumpers (fire). Make sure thrust is "Analogue" when wanting to use joysticks for collective. fire button works fine on anything except triggers or sticks. thats how your controller should be bound.

This works for me. Disable your controller under the "schemes" area, and activate your controller on the "Custom" area. Triggers bound as "pedals", right stick bound to "Thrust (analogue)", left stick bound to "Cyclic", bumpers (fire). Make sure thrust is "Analogue" when wanting to use joysticks for collective. fire button works fine on anything except triggers or sticks. thats how your controller should be bound.

Thanks I will try it for helo mission, only problem with this though is I would have to keep changing layout for infantry and helo's.

I don't think you would. The helo controls only take effect when in a Helo I am pretty sure, so you should be good. The fire button would be the only one I can think of that would carry over with infantry controls, but using shoulder buttons to fire instead of the triggers will give faster reaction time. You should use the triggers for things that are better with analogue like leaning left and right and pedal's left and right.

I don't think you would. The helo controls only take effect when in a Helo I am pretty sure, so you should be good. The fire button would be the only one I can think of that would carry over with infantry controls, but using shoulder buttons to fire instead of the triggers will give faster reaction time. You should use the triggers for things that are better with analogue like leaning left and right and pedal's left and right.

Thanks I will give it another shot :)