terox

Tutorial: Installation & Configuration of ArmA3 Dedicated Server

I tried disabling the server password. Everything worked fine, I was able to connect and vote for maps and difficulties, but I still can't log in as admin. And when I do set a server password, that password doesn't work either. So basically, none of the passwords work.

I tried disabling the server password. Everything worked fine, I was able to connect and vote for maps and difficulties, but I still can't log in as admin. And when I do set a server password, that password doesn't work either. So basically, none of the passwords work.

Because you are the only one that has this issue, I can quite confidently say that you have done something wrong. I suspect the server config you think you are running is not the one you are running.

You still haven't provided the information requested which leads me to believe you haven't worked through any of the guides i referred you to.

You asked me what happens when I don't try to log in as admin. I just told you that everything works fine when I connect to my server as a regular user(AkA not as an admin). Also, my server can't be running another config file because I have the ability to enable and disable the server password from the config file and it works.

EDIT: I realized that you may be asking for the troubleshooting information, here it is:

RPT File: I have 10, so I copied the most recent one, http://pastebin.com/ixyFskcL

Config_Vanilla: http://pastebin.com/qeJgsVaf

Command Line: C:\Games\ArmA3\A3Master\arma3server.exe "-profiles=c:\Games\Arma3\A3Master" -port=2302 -config=CONFIG_Vanilla.cfg -world=empty

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate, this is the only server I am running on this PC and I'm connecting to it remotely using the internet.

Edited by InItToWinIt

Okay everything there looks fine and you are indeed running the profile that you think you are (The RPT gives you a lot of info)

Your server is fully loading

14:40:27 Initializing Steam server - Game Port: 2302, Steam Query Port: 2303
14:40:27 Connected to Steam servers

So, once logged in as admin when you open up the chatbox and type an admin commands like

#missions

i'm assuming you don't get the mission selection screen ?

or did you not know that you have to type commands in to do anything ?

Once logged in check your rpt and see if you have logged in, looking at the rpt you linked too, it shows an admin logging out, so one must assume someone logged in to start with

Oh....I thought the mission selection screen popped up automatically when you type in the admin password...I didn't know you were supposed to type the missions command, oops...

Oh....I thought the mission selection screen popped up automatically when you type in the admin password...I didn't know you were supposed to type the missions command, oops...

Solved then :) ?

I can't find this question documented anywhere. Where are the settings that cause the "Expansions" box to show info for a server in the client's server browser? Also, how does one configure them to be green for a properly updated client?

I just set up a dedicated server locally (on my LAN, different PC) with nothing showing and our production Epoch server shows all the DLC as red but Epoch mod is green. My client has no issues joining either server. Both servers show green in the main server list.

i cannot seem to find an answer to my issue, searched forums and google, sorry if this was covered elsewhere, but i just dont have time to sift through pages of forums.

Here is my issue: I setup a dev dedicated server on my window 8 pc. I went through steam > tools > and installed dedi server files, copied TADST file into the dedi server folder along with the mods and all that, setup the redis cfg all that. When i run the dedicated server arma3server.exe it comes up with the server window. which shows its connected. but I am unable to run arma3.exe on the same machine, steam pops up saying there is already an instance of arma3 running. when i check the task manager, i do not see arma3server.exe running, but rather arma3.exe

How can i run the server and client on the same machine?

my arma3server shortcut is as follows:

"D:\Server\arma3server.exe" -port=2302 "-config=D:\Server\TADST\default\TADST_config.cfg" "-cfg=D:\Server\TADST\default\TADST_basic.cfg" "-profiles=D:\Server\TADST\default" -name=default "-mod=@epoch;@epochhive"

but I am unable to run arma3.exe on the same machine, steam pops up saying there is already an instance of arma3 running.

You need to run the arma3 client executable directly from the folder instead of using Steam if launching multiple instances. Also, you don't really need to install the server files separately since you get an arma3server.exe in the client install folder too.

You need to run the arma3 client executable directly from the folder instead of using Steam if launching multiple instances. Also, you don't really need to install the server files separately since you get an arma3server.exe in the client install folder too.

arma 3 server files are more optimized for server, is not really the same at all..

Btw simply run arma3server ( from the arma 3 server files installation and not the client one ) with steam turned off and then launch client

Running into an issue. The server runs and is listed in the server browser but whenever I try to join it hangs at the initial loading screen until it eventually kicks me.

Tried logging in and running #missions with no luck. The mission selection screen never appears.

What did you do to the server after the last time it was running correctly?

• Patched the server
  • Uploaded a mission
  • Uploaded some Bikeys
  • Updated some addons
  • Changed the config

It could be any number of issues.

Bikeys, Missions, Config

Try follow this debugging guide

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?182955-TUTORIAL-DEBUGGING-Server-issues-(e-g-not-loading-correctly)

Also a freshly created rpt file from a failed server start posted to pastebin may help us.

hi, i am in need of possible assistance. i did all the script stuff, files are good to go, i start the server(seems fine). i get in game search for server, all i see is my computers name, i click on it and it brings me to a mission/map select screen. i check server pop up window, it acknowledges i have connected. but it wasnt running what id instructed it to nor did it display the servers name. only my computers name. any ideas?

EDIT: upon further investigation, it appears it loads off of my client, instead of itself for content like missions. also the name still does not display. i was able to see the mission i did want to load but it wasnt blue, n would not load. vanilla mission loads fine, aside from the server not displaying its name it seems to work somewhat. i notice it doesnt stay up when i leave the game though..so its not totally right yet i guess. can some one help me? im sure its something stupid im missing

here is a list of the errors from the RPT file, idk where to begin. i may need to move my mods to the servers folder im guessing....even though i pointed it directly to them.

17:07:22 ManagerConfig()

17:07:22 Cannot register unknown string STR_USRACT_SWITCH_GUNS

17:07:22 Cannot register unknown string STR_USRACT_SWITCH_ROCKETS

17:07:22 Cannot register unknown string STR_USRACT_SWITCH_MISSILES

17:07:22 Cannot register unknown string STR_USRACT_SWITCH_BOMBS

17:07:22 Cannot register unknown string STR_CONTROLS_TOOLTIPS_SWITCH_GUNS

17:07:22 Cannot register unknown string STR_CONTROLS_TOOLTIPS_SWITCH_ROCKETS

17:07:22 Cannot register unknown string STR_CONTROLS_TOOLTIPS_SWITCH_MISSILES

17:07:22 Cannot register unknown string

Cannot update non class from class a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscCallSupport/Items/

17:07:32 Cannot update non class from class a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscRadio/Items/

17:07:33 dta\bin.pbo - unknown

17:07:33 addons\a3.pbo - unknown

17:07:33 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

17:07:33 @PRKZ | @PRKZ | false | NOT FOUND | | |

17:07:33 @CAG_AG1.5 | @CAG_AG1.5 | false | NOT FOUND | | |

17:07:33 @cba_a3 | @cba_a3 | false | NOT FOUND | | |

17:07:33 @AliveServer | @AliveServer | false | NOT FOUND | | |

17:07:33 @alive | @alive | false | NOT FOUND | | |

17:07:33 Arma 3 DLC Bundle | dlcbundle | true | NOT FOUND | |

17:26:15 Missing addons detected:

17:26:15 aia_hotfix_config

17:26:15 rhs_cti_insurgents

17:26:15 pra3_kz

17:26:15 alive_main

17:26:15 alive_amb_civ_population

17:26:15 alive_amb_civ_placement

17:26:15 alive_sys_profile

17:26:15 alive_mil_ied

17:26:15 alive_civ_placement

17:26:15 alive_mil_placement_custom

17:26:15 alive_mil_cqb

17:26:15 alive_mil_opcom

17:26:15 alive_sys_aiskill

17:26:15 alive_mil_logistics

17:26:15 alive_mil_c2istar

17:26:15 alive_sup_combatsupport

17:26:15 alive_sup_cas

17:26:15 alive_sup_artillery

17:26:15 Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.aia_hotfix_config, rhs_cti_insurgents, pra3_kz, alive_main, alive_amb_civ_population, alive_amb_civ_placement, alive_sys_profile, alive_mil_ied, alive_civ_placement, alive_mil_placement_custom, alive_mil_cqb, alive_mil_opcom, alive_sys_aiskill, alive_mil_logistics, alive_mil_c2istar, alive_sup_combatsupport, alive_sup_cas, alive_sup_artillery

Edited by Khan_Artist

The section of the rpt you added to the post shows that you are not loading any addons and the mission you are attempting to run requires them

The very first part of the rpt is important, could you please

1) Delete all rpt's you have at present for the server. (This avoids any confusion between which ropt file to copy)

2) Then restart the server, wait for a few minutes until it fully loads

3) Then paste the entire contents of the rpt to pastebin and link to it from here.

Hi, I am wondering if I can host a server on Virtual Dedicated Server (VDS)? For example this one.

Hi, I am wondering if I can host a server on Virtual Dedicated Server (VDS)? For example this one.

That points to a selection of web hosting servers

Hello, setting up my first vps,

I have run into a few problems while launching arma3server.

Firstly, it isn't very clear when it talks about the port forwarding, is that just in the windows firewall section?( i may have made a mistake here)

=====================================================================
== F:\Games\ArmA3\A3Master\arma3server.exe
== "F:\Games\ArmA3\A3Master\arma3server.exe" 

Original output filename: Arma3Retail_Server
Exe timestamp: 2015/05/04 15:32:44
Current time:  2015/06/03 17:10:36

Type: Public
Branch: Stable
Version: 1.44.130654

Allocator: F:\Games\ArmA3\A3Master\dll\tbb4malloc_bi.dll
=====================================================================

17:10:36 ManagerConfig()
17:10:36 Cannot register unknown string STR_USRACT_SWITCH_GUNS
17:10:36 Cannot register unknown string STR_USRACT_SWITCH_ROCKETS
17:10:36 Cannot register unknown string STR_USRACT_SWITCH_MISSILES
17:10:36 Cannot register unknown string STR_USRACT_SWITCH_BOMBS
17:10:36 Cannot register unknown string STR_CONTROLS_TOOLTIPS_SWITCH_GUNS
17:10:36 Cannot register unknown string STR_CONTROLS_TOOLTIPS_SWITCH_ROCKETS
17:10:36 Cannot register unknown string STR_CONTROLS_TOOLTIPS_SWITCH_MISSILES
17:10:36 Cannot register unknown string STR_CONTROLS_TOOLTIPS_SWITCH_BOMBS
17:10:42 Updating base class ->Base, by a3\dubbing_radio_f\config.bin/CfgHQIdentities/PAPA_BEAR/
17:10:42 Updating base class ->Base, by a3\dubbing_radio_f\config.bin/CfgHQIdentities/AirBase/
17:10:42 Updating base class RscShortcutButton->RscButton, by a3\editor_f\config.bin/RscDisplayEditObject/Controls/B_OK/
17:10:42 Updating base class RscSliderH->RscXSliderH, by a3\editor_f\config.bin/RscDisplayEditObject/Slider/
17:10:42 Updating base class RscText->RscPicture, by a3\editor_f\config.bin/RscDisplayEditObject/Preview/
17:10:42 Updating base class RscShortcutButton->RscButton, by a3\editor_f\config.bin/RscDisplayMissionLoad/Controls/B_OK/
17:10:42 Updating base class RscShortcutButton->RscButton, by a3\editor_f\config.bin/RscDisplayMissionSave/Controls/B_OK/
17:10:42 Updating base class ->RscControlsGroup, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscControlsGroupNoScrollbars/
17:10:42 Updating base class ->RscControlsGroup, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscControlsGroupNoHScrollbars/
17:10:42 Updating base class ->RscControlsGroup, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscControlsGroupNoVScrollbars/
17:10:42 Updating base class ->RscText, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscLine/
17:10:42 Updating base class ->RscActiveText, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscActivePicture/
17:10:42 Updating base class ->RscButton, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscButtonTextOnly/
17:10:42 Updating base class ->RscShortcutButton, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscShortcutButtonMain/
17:10:42 Updating base class ->RscShortcutButton, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscButtonEditor/
17:10:42 Updating base class ->RscShortcutButton, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscIGUIShortcutButton/
17:10:42 Updating base class ->RscShortcutButton, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscGearShortcutButton/
17:10:42 Updating base class ->RscShortcutButton, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscButtonMenu/
17:10:42 Updating base class ->RscButtonMenu, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscButtonMenuOK/
17:10:42 Updating base class ->RscButtonMenu, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscButtonMenuCancel/
17:10:42 Updating base class ->RscButtonMenu, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscButtonMenuSteam/
17:10:42 Updating base class ->RscText, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscLoadingText/
17:10:42 Updating base class ->RscListBox, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscIGUIListBox/
17:10:42 Updating base class ->RscListNBox, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscIGUIListNBox/
17:10:42 Updating base class ->RscText, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscBackground/
17:10:42 Updating base class ->RscText, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscBackgroundGUI/
17:10:42 Updating base class ->RscPicture, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscBackgroundGUILeft/
17:10:42 Updating base class ->RscPicture, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscBackgroundGUIRight/
17:10:42 Updating base class ->RscPicture, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscBackgroundGUIBottom/
17:10:42 Updating base class ->RscText, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscBackgroundGUITop/
17:10:42 Updating base class ->RscText, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscBackgroundGUIDark/
17:10:42 Updating base class ->RscPictureKeepAspect, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscBackgroundLogo/
17:10:42 Updating base class ->RscMapControl, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscMapControlEmpty/
17:10:42 Updating base class ->RscPicture, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/CA_Mainback/
17:10:42 Updating base class ->CA_Mainback, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/CA_Back/
17:10:42 Updating base class ->CA_Mainback, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/CA_Title_Back/
17:10:42 Updating base class ->CA_Mainback, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/CA_Black_Back/
17:10:42 Updating base class ->RscTitle, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/CA_Title/
17:10:42 Updating base class ->RscPictureKeepAspect, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/CA_Logo/
17:10:42 Updating base class ->CA_Logo, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/CA_Logo_Small/
17:10:42 Updating base class ->RscButton, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/CA_RscButton/
17:10:42 Updating base class ->CA_RscButton, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/CA_RscButton_dialog/
17:10:42 Updating base class ->RscActiveText, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/CA_Ok/
17:10:42 Updating base class ->RscText, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/CA_Ok_image/
17:10:42 Updating base class ->RscText, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/CA_Ok_image2/
17:10:42 Updating base class ->RscText, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/CA_Ok_text/
17:10:42 Updating base class ->RscPicture, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscVignette/
17:10:42 Updating base class ->RscControlsGroupNoScrollbars, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscMapControlTooltip/
17:10:42 Updating base class RscShortcutButton->RscButtonMenu, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscDisplayDebug/Controls/B_OK/
17:10:42 Updating base class RscShortcutButton->RscButtonMenu, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscDisplayDebug/Controls/B_Cancel/
17:10:42 Updating base class RscShortcutButton->RscButtonMenu, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscDisplayDebug/Controls/B_Clear/
17:10:42 Updating base class ->RscText, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscDisplayCapture/controls/TimeLines/
17:10:42 Updating base class RscShortcutButton->RscButtonMenu, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscDisplayCapture/controls/ButtonAverages/
17:10:42 Updating base class RscShortcutButton->RscButtonMenu, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscDisplayCapture/controls/ButtonSavePreviousData/
17:10:42 Updating base class RscShortcutButton->RscButtonMenu, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscDisplayCapture/controls/ButtonPreviousData/
17:10:42 Updating base class RscControlsGroup->RscControlsGroupNoHScrollbars, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscDisplayMain/controls/ModIcons/
17:10:42 Updating base class RscPicture->RscPictureKeepAspect, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscDisplayMain/IconPicture/
17:10:42 Updating base class IconPicture->RscPictureKeepAspect, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscDisplayMain/DlcOwnedIconPicture/
17:10:42 Updating base class IconPicture->RscPictureKeepAspect, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscDisplayMain/DlcIconPicture/
17:10:42 Updating base class RscListBox->RscCombo, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscDisplayCustomizeController/Steepness/
17:10:42 Updating base class ->RscStandardDisplay, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscDisplayControlSchemes/
17:10:42 Updating base class ButtonOK->RscButtonMenuCancel, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscDisplayControlSchemes/controls/ButtonCancel/
17:10:42 Updating base class RscButton->RscButtonMenuOK, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscDisplayControlSchemes/controls/ButtonOK/
17:10:42 Updating base class RscPicture->RscPictureKeepAspect, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscDisplayFileSelectImage/controls/OverviewPicture/
17:10:42 Updating base class RscShortcutButton->RscButtonMenuCancel, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscDisplayFieldManual/controls/ButtonCancel/
17:10:42 Cannot delete class B_KickOff, it is referenced somewhere (used as a base class probably).
17:10:42 Updating base class RscButton->RscButtonMenuCancel, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscDisplayPublishMission/controls/ButtonCancel/
17:10:42 Updating base class RscShortcutButton->RscButtonMenuOK, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscDisplayPublishMissionSelectTags/controls/ButtonOK/
17:10:42 Updating base class ButtonOK->RscButtonMenuCancel, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscDisplayPublishMissionSelectTags/controls/ButtonCancel/
17:10:42 Updating base class ->RscSubmenu, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscMainMenu/
17:10:42 Cannot update non class from class a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscCallSupport/Items/
17:10:42 Cannot update non class from class a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscRadio/Items/
17:10:42 Updating base class RscStandardDisplay->, by a3\ui_f_mp_mark\config.bin/RscDisplayRespawn/
17:10:43 Updating base class NewTurret->, by a3\static_f_mark\designator_01\config.bin/CfgVehicles/StaticWeapon/Turrets/MainTurret/
17:10:43 Updating base class ->NewTurret, by a3\static_f\aa_01\config.bin/CfgVehicles/StaticWeapon/Turrets/MainTurret/
17:10:43 Updating base class ->SlotInfo, by a3\weapons_f_mark\config.bin/UnderBarrelSlot/
17:10:43 ragdollHitDmgLimit (0.000000) is lower than minimum (0.010000) and it was set to min.
17:10:43 Initializing Steam Manager
17:10:43 ManagerConfig()
17:10:43 Steam Manager initialized.
17:10:43 
17:10:43 ==== Loaded addons ====
17:10:43 dta\bin.pbo - unknown
17:10:43 dta\core.pbo - 72362
17:10:43 dta\languagecore_f.pbo - 82715
17:10:43 F:\Games\ArmA3\A3Master\mark\addons\anims_f_mark.ebo - 82212
17:10:43 F:\Games\ArmA3\A3Master\mark\addons\characters_f_mark.ebo - 82734
17:10:43 F:\Games\ArmA3\A3Master\mark\addons\data_f_mark.ebo - 82269
17:10:43 F:\Games\ArmA3\A3Master\mark\addons\dubbing_f_mark.ebo - 81923
17:10:43 F:\Games\ArmA3\A3Master\mark\addons\dubbing_f_mp_mark.ebo - 81923
17:10:43 F:\Games\ArmA3\A3Master\mark\addons\functions_f_mark.ebo - 82496
17:10:43 F:\Games\ArmA3\A3Master\mark\addons\functions_f_mp_mark.ebo - 82700
17:10:43 F:\Games\ArmA3\A3Master\mark\addons\languagemissions_f_mark.ebo - 82715
17:10:43 F:\Games\ArmA3\A3Master\mark\addons\languagemissions_f_mp_mark.ebo - 82715
17:10:43 F:\Games\ArmA3\A3Master\mark\addons\language_f_mark.ebo - 82715
17:10:43 F:\Games\ArmA3\A3Master\mark\addons\language_f_mp_mark.ebo - 82715
17:10:43 F:\Games\ArmA3\A3Master\mark\addons\missions_f_mark.ebo - 82255
17:10:43 F:\Games\ArmA3\A3Master\mark\addons\missions_f_mark_data.ebo - 81471
17:10:43 F:\Games\ArmA3\A3Master\mark\addons\missions_f_mark_video.ebo - 81429
17:10:43 F:\Games\ArmA3\A3Master\mark\addons\missions_f_mp_mark.ebo - 82692
17:10:43 F:\Games\ArmA3\A3Master\mark\addons\missions_f_mp_mark_data.ebo - 81558
17:10:43 F:\Games\ArmA3\A3Master\mark\addons\modules_f_mark.ebo - 81710
17:10:43 F:\Games\ArmA3\A3Master\mark\addons\modules_f_mp_mark.ebo - 82691
17:10:43 F:\Games\ArmA3\A3Master\mark\addons\music_f_mark.ebo - 81958
17:10:43 F:\Games\ArmA3\A3Master\mark\addons\music_f_mark_music.ebo - 81930
17:10:43 F:\Games\ArmA3\A3Master\mark\addons\sounds_f_mark.ebo - 81866
17:10:43 F:\Games\ArmA3\A3Master\mark\addons\static_f_mark.ebo - 81968
17:10:43 F:\Games\ArmA3\A3Master\mark\addons\structures_f_mark.ebo - 82615
17:10:43 F:\Games\ArmA3\A3Master\mark\addons\supplies_f_mark.ebo - 79552
17:10:43 F:\Games\ArmA3\A3Master\mark\addons\ui_f_mark.ebo - 82421
17:10:43 F:\Games\ArmA3\A3Master\mark\addons\ui_f_mp_mark.ebo - 82708
17:10:43 F:\Games\ArmA3\A3Master\mark\addons\weapons_f_mark.ebo - 82442
17:10:43 F:\Games\ArmA3\A3Master\heli\addons\air_f_heli.pbo - 82564
17:10:43 F:\Games\ArmA3\A3Master\heli\addons\anims_f_heli.pbo - 80475
17:10:43 F:\Games\ArmA3\A3Master\heli\addons\boat_f_heli.pbo - 82564
17:10:43 F:\Games\ArmA3\A3Master\heli\addons\cargoposes_f_heli.pbo - 80475
17:10:43 F:\Games\ArmA3\A3Master\heli\addons\data_f_heli.pbo - 80757
17:10:43 F:\Games\ArmA3\A3Master\heli\addons\dubbing_f_heli.pbo - 75138
17:10:43 F:\Games\ArmA3\A3Master\heli\addons\functions_f_heli.pbo - 77667
17:10:43 F:\Games\ArmA3\A3Master\heli\addons\languagemissions_f_heli.pbo - 82715
17:10:43 F:\Games\ArmA3\A3Master\heli\addons\language_f_heli.pbo - 82715
17:10:43 F:\Games\ArmA3\A3Master\heli\addons\missions_f_heli.pbo - 82384
17:10:43 F:\Games\ArmA3\A3Master\heli\addons\missions_f_heli_data.pbo - 75977
17:10:43 F:\Games\ArmA3\A3Master\heli\addons\missions_f_heli_video.pbo - 75065
17:10:43 F:\Games\ArmA3\A3Master\heli\addons\modules_f_heli.pbo - 80344
17:10:43 F:\Games\ArmA3\A3Master\heli\addons\music_f_heli.pbo - 76012
17:10:43 F:\Games\ArmA3\A3Master\heli\addons\music_f_heli_music.pbo - 76012
17:10:43 F:\Games\ArmA3\A3Master\heli\addons\soft_f_heli.pbo - 82564
17:10:43 F:\Games\ArmA3\A3Master\heli\addons\sounds_f_heli.pbo - 79398
17:10:43 F:\Games\ArmA3\A3Master\heli\addons\structures_f_heli.pbo - 82615
17:10:43 F:\Games\ArmA3\A3Master\heli\addons\supplies_f_heli.pbo - 82616
17:10:43 F:\Games\ArmA3\A3Master\heli\addons\ui_f_heli.pbo - 76986
17:10:43 F:\Games\ArmA3\A3Master\kart\addons\anims_f_kart.pbo - 80475
17:10:43 F:\Games\ArmA3\A3Master\kart\addons\characters_f_kart.pbo - 79903
17:10:43 F:\Games\ArmA3\A3Master\kart\addons\data_f_kart.pbo - 80888
17:10:43 F:\Games\ArmA3\A3Master\kart\addons\languagemissions_f_kart.pbo - 82715
17:10:43 F:\Games\ArmA3\A3Master\kart\addons\language_f_kart.pbo - 82715
17:10:43 F:\Games\ArmA3\A3Master\kart\addons\missions_f_kart.pbo - 76770
17:10:43 F:\Games\ArmA3\A3Master\kart\addons\missions_f_kart_data.pbo - 75687
17:10:43 F:\Games\ArmA3\A3Master\kart\addons\modules_f_kart.pbo - 80976
17:10:43 F:\Games\ArmA3\A3Master\kart\addons\modules_f_kart_data.pbo - 74588
17:10:43 F:\Games\ArmA3\A3Master\kart\addons\soft_f_kart.pbo - 82564
17:10:43 F:\Games\ArmA3\A3Master\kart\addons\sounds_f_kart.pbo - 79398
17:10:43 F:\Games\ArmA3\A3Master\kart\addons\structures_f_kart.pbo - 82615
17:10:43 F:\Games\ArmA3\A3Master\kart\addons\ui_f_kart.pbo - 73106
17:10:43 F:\Games\ArmA3\A3Master\kart\addons\weapons_f_kart.pbo - 80344
17:10:43 F:\Games\ArmA3\A3Master\curator\addons\data_f_curator.pbo - 82282
17:10:43 F:\Games\ArmA3\A3Master\curator\addons\functions_f_curator.pbo - 78988
17:10:43 F:\Games\ArmA3\A3Master\curator\addons\language_f_curator.pbo - 82715
17:10:43 F:\Games\ArmA3\A3Master\curator\addons\missions_f_curator.pbo - 80344
17:10:43 F:\Games\ArmA3\A3Master\curator\addons\modules_f_curator.pbo - 81185
17:10:43 F:\Games\ArmA3\A3Master\curator\addons\ui_f_curator.pbo - 82411
17:10:43 addons\a3.pbo - unknown
17:10:43 addons\air_f.pbo - 82564
17:10:43 addons\air_f_beta.pbo - 82564
17:10:43 addons\air_f_epb.pbo - 82564
17:10:43 addons\air_f_epc.pbo - 82564
17:10:43 addons\air_f_gamma.pbo - 82564
17:10:43 addons\animals_f.pbo - 79398
17:10:43 addons\animals_f_beta.pbo - 72362
17:10:43 addons\anims_f.pbo - 82686
17:10:43 addons\anims_f_bootcamp.pbo - 72362
17:10:43 addons\anims_f_data.pbo - 82213
17:10:43 addons\anims_f_epa.pbo - 78608
17:10:43 addons\anims_f_epc.pbo - 72362
17:10:43 addons\armor_f.pbo - 82564
17:10:43 addons\armor_f_beta.pbo - 82564
17:10:43 addons\armor_f_epb.pbo - 82564
17:10:43 addons\armor_f_epc.pbo - 82564
17:10:43 addons\armor_f_gamma.pbo - 82564
17:10:43 addons\baseconfig_f.pbo - 73106
17:10:43 addons\boat_f.pbo - 82564
17:10:43 addons\boat_f_beta.pbo - 82564
17:10:43 addons\boat_f_epc.pbo - 82564
17:10:43 addons\boat_f_gamma.pbo - 82564
17:10:43 addons\cargoposes_f.pbo - 82622
17:10:43 addons\characters_f.pbo - 82621
17:10:43 addons\characters_f_beta.pbo - 82486
17:10:43 addons\characters_f_bootcamp.pbo - 82576
17:10:43 addons\characters_f_epa.pbo - 81235
17:10:43 addons\characters_f_epb.pbo - 79398
17:10:43 addons\characters_f_epc.pbo - 81235
17:10:43 addons\characters_f_gamma.pbo - 79398
17:10:43 addons\data_f.pbo - 82582
17:10:43 addons\data_f_bootcamp.pbo - 76960
17:10:43 addons\drones_f.pbo - 82689
17:10:43 addons\dubbing_f.pbo - 73106
17:10:43 addons\dubbing_f_beta.pbo - 73106
17:10:43 addons\dubbing_f_bootcamp.pbo - 73106
17:10:43 addons\dubbing_f_epa.pbo - 73106
17:10:43 addons\dubbing_f_epb.pbo - 76110
17:10:43 addons\dubbing_f_epc.pbo - 73106
17:10:43 addons\dubbing_f_gamma.pbo - 73106
17:10:43 addons\dubbing_radio_f.pbo - 78704
17:10:43 addons\dubbing_radio_f_data.pbo - 78762
17:10:43 addons\editor_f.pbo - 82563
17:10:43 addons\functions_f.pbo - 82609
17:10:43 addons\functions_f_bootcamp.pbo - 82310
17:10:43 addons\functions_f_epa.pbo - 73434
17:10:43 addons\functions_f_epc.pbo - 73106
17:10:43 addons\languagemissions_f.pbo - 82715
17:10:43 addons\languagemissions_f_beta.pbo - 82715
17:10:43 addons\languagemissions_f_bootcamp.pbo - 82715
17:10:43 addons\languagemissions_f_epa.pbo - 82715
17:10:43 addons\languagemissions_f_epb.pbo - 82715
17:10:43 addons\languagemissions_f_epc.pbo - 82715
17:10:43 addons\languagemissions_f_gamma.pbo - 82303
17:10:43 addons\language_f.pbo - 82714
17:10:43 addons\language_f_beta.pbo - 82714
17:10:43 addons\language_f_bootcamp.pbo - 82715
17:10:43 addons\language_f_epa.pbo - 82715
17:10:43 addons\language_f_epb.pbo - 82715
17:10:43 addons\language_f_epc.pbo - 82715
17:10:43 addons\language_f_gamma.pbo - 82715
17:10:43 addons\map_altis.pbo - 82219
17:10:43 addons\map_altis_data.pbo - 80737
17:10:43 addons\map_altis_data_layers.pbo - 79087
17:10:43 addons\map_altis_data_layers_00_00.pbo - 79087
17:10:43 addons\map_altis_data_layers_00_01.pbo - 79087
17:10:43 addons\map_altis_data_layers_01_00.pbo - 79087
17:10:43 addons\map_altis_data_layers_01_01.pbo - 79087
17:10:43 addons\map_altis_scenes_f.pbo - 73106
17:10:43 addons\map_data.pbo - 81846
17:10:43 addons\map_stratis.pbo - 82221
17:10:43 addons\map_stratis_data.pbo - 80737
17:10:43 addons\map_stratis_data_layers.pbo - 79082
17:10:43 addons\map_stratis_scenes_f.pbo - 73106
17:10:43 addons\map_vr.pbo - 82252
17:10:43 addons\map_vr_scenes_f.pbo - 82252
17:10:43 addons\misc_f.pbo - 79398
17:10:43 addons\missions_f.pbo - 78843
17:10:43 addons\missions_f_beta.pbo - 82476
17:10:43 addons\missions_f_beta_data.pbo - 82479
17:10:43 addons\missions_f_beta_video.pbo - 73106
17:10:43 addons\missions_f_bootcamp.pbo - 82134
17:10:43 addons\missions_f_bootcamp_data.pbo - 72362
17:10:43 addons\missions_f_bootcamp_video.pbo - 75065
17:10:43 addons\missions_f_data.pbo - 73106
17:10:43 addons\missions_f_epa.pbo - 82617
17:10:43 addons\missions_f_epa_data.pbo - 73106
17:10:43 addons\missions_f_epa_video.pbo - 73106
17:10:43 addons\missions_f_epb.pbo - 80344
17:10:43 addons\missions_f_epb_data.pbo - 73106
17:10:43 addons\missions_f_epb_video.pbo - 73106
17:10:43 addons\missions_f_epc.pbo - 82261
17:10:43 addons\missions_f_epc_data.pbo - 73106
17:10:43 addons\missions_f_epc_video.pbo - 73106
17:10:43 addons\missions_f_gamma.pbo - 82622
17:10:43 addons\missions_f_gamma_data.pbo - 76877
17:10:43 addons\missions_f_gamma_video.pbo - 73106
17:10:43 addons\missions_f_video.pbo - 73106
17:10:43 addons\modules_f.pbo - 82593
17:10:43 addons\modules_f_beta.pbo - 81823
17:10:43 addons\modules_f_beta_data.pbo - 80976
17:10:43 addons\modules_f_bootcamp.pbo - 79398
17:10:43 addons\modules_f_data.pbo - 73106
17:10:43 addons\modules_f_epb.pbo - 79398
17:10:43 addons\music_f.pbo - 73106
17:10:43 addons\music_f_bootcamp.pbo - 73106
17:10:43 addons\music_f_bootcamp_music.pbo - 73106
17:10:43 addons\music_f_epa.pbo - 73106
17:10:43 addons\music_f_epa_music.pbo - 73106
17:10:43 addons\music_f_epb.pbo - 73106
17:10:43 addons\music_f_epb_music.pbo - 73106
17:10:43 addons\music_f_epc.pbo - 73106
17:10:43 addons\music_f_epc_music.pbo - 73106
17:10:43 addons\music_f_music.pbo - 73106
17:10:43 addons\plants_f.pbo - 80365
17:10:43 addons\roads_f.pbo - 82537
17:10:43 addons\rocks_f.pbo - 80359
17:10:43 addons\signs_f.pbo - 82616
17:10:43 addons\soft_f.pbo - 82564
17:10:43 addons\soft_f_beta.pbo - 82657
17:10:43 addons\soft_f_bootcamp.pbo - 82564
17:10:43 addons\soft_f_epc.pbo - 82564
17:10:43 addons\soft_f_gamma.pbo - 82657
17:10:43 addons\sounds_f.pbo - 82574
17:10:43 addons\sounds_f_bootcamp.pbo - 82576
17:10:43 addons\sounds_f_epb.pbo - 79398
17:10:43 addons\sounds_f_epc.pbo - 79398
17:10:43 addons\sounds_f_vehicles.pbo - 82151
17:10:43 addons\sounds_f_weapons.pbo - 82110
17:10:43 addons\static_f.pbo - 82523
17:10:43 addons\static_f_beta.pbo - 79398
17:10:43 addons\static_f_gamma.pbo - 82090
17:10:43 addons\structures_f.pbo - 82614
17:10:43 addons\structures_f_bootcamp.pbo - 82615
17:10:43 addons\structures_f_data.pbo - 82554
17:10:43 addons\structures_f_epa.pbo - 82615
17:10:43 addons\structures_f_epb.pbo - 82615
17:10:43 addons\structures_f_epc.pbo - 82615
17:10:43 addons\structures_f_households.pbo - 82554
17:10:43 addons\structures_f_ind.pbo - 82615
17:10:43 addons\structures_f_mil.pbo - 82556
17:10:43 addons\structures_f_wrecks.pbo - 82558
17:10:43 addons\uifonts_f.pbo - 73106
17:10:43 addons\uifonts_f_data.pbo - 73106
17:10:43 addons\ui_f.pbo - 82652
17:10:43 addons\ui_f_bootcamp.pbo - 76325
17:10:43 addons\ui_f_data.pbo - 82650
17:10:43 addons\weapons_f.pbo - 82549
17:10:43 addons\weapons_f_beta.pbo - 81905
17:10:43 addons\weapons_f_bootcamp.pbo - 81923
17:10:43 addons\weapons_f_epa.pbo - 81310
17:10:43 addons\weapons_f_epb.pbo - 80958
17:10:43 addons\weapons_f_epc.pbo - 80374
17:10:43 addons\weapons_f_gamma.pbo - 80772
17:10:43 =======================
17:10:43 ============================================================================================= List of mods ===============================================================================================
17:10:43 modsReadOnly = false
17:10:43 safeModsActivated = false
17:10:43 customMods = false
17:10:43 hash = 'AEC0F5B684526F13E02D3A54E126B763F2AC1189'
17:10:43 hashShort = '3561fcda'
17:10:43                                               name |               modDir |    default |               origin |                                     hash | hashShort | fullPath
17:10:43 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
17:10:43                                  Arma 3 DLC Bundle |            dlcbundle |       true |            NOT FOUND |                                          |           | 
17:10:43                                    Arma 3 Marksmen |                 mark |       true |             GAME DIR | 8f0ebc67e604b05460419ba6bbb9814a2da1d2bf |  a162e35d | F:\Games\ArmA3\A3Master\mark
17:10:43                                 Arma 3 Helicopters |                 heli |       true |             GAME DIR | 4cb627dce6a8ddd8610ca20a8ff506aa42bb8bb0 |  74bdb4bc | F:\Games\ArmA3\A3Master\heli
17:10:43                                       Arma 3 Karts |                 kart |       true |             GAME DIR | 9980a36a8060f77b0d09734f03c9ab8e113c9a7d |  eaf7ba8a | F:\Games\ArmA3\A3Master\kart
17:10:43                                        Arma 3 Zeus |              curator |       true |             GAME DIR | f4c79440b601bc3e4b1dfea8fcb600ef43bf56d2 |  d39ab57c | F:\Games\ArmA3\A3Master\curator
17:10:43                                             Arma 3 |                   A3 |       true |            NOT FOUND |                                          |           | 
17:10:43 ==========================================================================================================================================================================================================
17:10:43 InitSound ...
17:10:43 InitSound - complete
17:10:43 PhysX3 SDK Init started ...
17:10:43 PhysX3 SDK Init ended.
17:10:43 EPE manager release (0|0|0)
17:10:43 EPE manager release (0|0|0)
17:10:44 Attempt to override final function - rscminimap_script
17:10:44 Attempt to override final function - rscdisplayloading_script
17:10:45 Attempt to override final function - rscdiary_script
17:10:45 Attempt to override final function - rscdisplaysinglemission_script
17:10:45 Attempt to override final function - rscdisplayremotemissions_script
17:10:45 Attempt to override final function - rscdisplayloading_script
17:10:45 Attempt to override final function - rscdisplaystrategicmap_script
17:10:45 Attempt to override final function - rscdisplaycommon_script
17:10:45 Attempt to override final function - rscdisplayloading_script
17:10:45 Attempt to override final function - rscdisplaycurator_script
17:10:45 Attempt to override final function - rscdisplayattributes_script
17:10:45 Attempt to override final function - rscdisplaycommon_script
17:10:45 Attempt to override final function - rscdisplaydebriefing_script
17:10:45 Attempt to override final function - rscunitinfo_script
17:10:45 EPE manager release (0|0|0)
17:10:45 EPE manager release (0|0|0)
17:10:47 Initializing Steam server - Game Port: 2302, Steam Query Port: 2303
17:10:47 Connected to Steam servers
17:10:47 C:\w\stable\futura\network\networkserver.cpp CLearnetServer:NOT IMPLENTED - briefing!
Extensions:

any help would be appreciated.

Edited by Berm

port forwarding is done wherever you have a firewall, this could be

• Windows software firewall
  • Router firewall
  • Some third party software firewall

This section of the rpt tells me your server has fully loaded

17:10:47 Initializing Steam server - Game Port: 2302, Steam Query Port: 2303

17:10:47 Connected to Steam servers

I was almost at the end of the thread trying to find a solution for my problem, when one of my network knowledgeable friends helped me see my dumb. So I figured I would post the issue and solution here.

Issue; People can't connect to dedicated server on my second computer but can on my primary. I wanted to switch from listed server to hosting my group sessions on one of my other computers as a dedicated server but non of my friends could see the server in the browser or remote connect to it, but I could LAN connect to it.

Solution; You can't have your router port forward the same ports(were using default ports on both), either remove the forwarding from one of your computers or change the servers port and forwards on one of them. I assume that the first added port forward is the one that takes precedent in most router software's.

--------

My secondary computer is in no way a powerful machine but the offloading the burden of hosting has raised my average fps by 30-40%, so if you are on the fence about bothering to setup one of your old computers, I strongly encourage you to at least try, there are plenty of helpful info and people in this thread so worst case is if your old computer is too old, would be interesting to know how old a computer can host a 4-10 player coop without lagging to much.

Also for people hosting a server for their small communities that don't need a 24/7 server I recommend this:

1. Login as Administrator: (You will need to run Arma3server.exe as "Administrator" or "System". Battleye requires it.)
  2. Install the latest version of DirectX.
  3. Create the following empty directories.
    • D:\Apps\Steam
    • D:\Games\ArmA3

[*]Download steamcmd.exe unpack it and save it to your targetted Steam install directory (E.g D:\Apps\Steam)

[*]Run the steamcmd.exe. (This will download and install the required steam files to your custom steam directory)

[*]Type login USERNAME PASSWORD to login, I used a freshly created account with no affiliations with arma, it is very possible that you don't even have to login at all.

[*]Type force_install_dir "D:\Games\ArmA3" This selects where steamcmd.exe will install what you are about to download.

[*]Type app_update "233780 -beta" This will only download the files needed for hosting a server and is a bit over 2 gb. If you want your sever using a full version of the game or dev branch look at Terox's OP section 3. (You can add validate at the end to validate your install, I assume this is the same function as validating your game files in steam.)

[*]Add firewall rules for the UDP ports (See OP for specified info about ports).

[*]Download TADST http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?104991-Tophe-s-Arma-Dedicated-Server-Tool-(TADST) and install it into your server folder.

[*]Follow the 1 min setup tutorial in the TADST thread or fill in these bare essentials:

• Server Name
  • Password
  • Admin Password
  • Server File(eg. arma3server.exe)

[*]Add a mission to your server by putting a mission file into the MPmissions folder in ...games\arma3\ and checking it's box in the Missions tab in TADST(you can load any mission in the MPmissions folder but the ones with checked boxes will be in the rotation).

[*]Prove the stability of your server by starting a mission and run it for a few min.

[*]Now you can add mods by installing the mod folders into ...\games\arma3 and enabling them in the Mods tab of TADST.

[*]Tweak the settings in TADST to your liking, there are tool-tips for almost everything. Then save your profile.

[*]TADST is, however, a bit out of date at the moment(6/6 -15) so the AI skill and precision settings are no longer working.

• What you need to do instead is after you save your settings go to ...games\arma3\TADST\default\users\default and open default.arma3profile here you want to clean out the lines saying (more than 1 each)
    • skillFriendly
    • skillEnemy
    • precisionFriendly
    • precisionEnemy

[*]And replace them with aiLevelPreset=X; (X can be 0, 1, 2 or 3. 0 easier ai and 3 lets you add more commands to customize your AI, more info: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?169122-AI-Configuration-feedback&p=2639166&viewfull=1#post2639166 )

[*]Now switch back to your TADST window and check the box "launch as is" this will prevent TADST from overwriting your changes in default.arma3profile with the default profile of TADST(When ever you want to change a setting on the server you will need to set it up and save it, and then go through this step again.)

Note: I have yet to be able to test aiLevelPreset in a meaning full way or this work-around, and so, this is mostly info gathered while reading up on AI difficulty settings and are possibly completely wrong.

Burrowed some of the list and info from Terox's OP as well as inspiration from

[*]Oracle at Firedaemon HOWTOs http://forums.firedaemon.com/howtos/arma-3.115/

[*]Tophe's TADST threadhttp://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?104991-Tophe-s-Arma-Dedicated-Server-Tool-(TADST)

[*]Jackson Snow's post here http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?104991-Tophe-s-Arma-Dedicated-Server-Tool-(TADST)&p=2910304&viewfull=1#post2910304

[*]The community wiki https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Dedicated_Server

You should now have a server to play on with your friends. Please let me know if you followed this and something didn't work out so I can tweak the instructions.

Edited by Sodien

So many questions arise when you install the mods: The mods @Epoch;@EpochHive;@AllInArmaTerrainPack;@ASM; (standard Epoch), optionally delivered @WSRHS; and here begins dancing with a tambourine, the battleye filters refuse to work with this mod, the same error message popping up a few times per session, even after you restart the server and edit filters. What can be done to correct these mods together I'll never know, tell me if there is anyone experience joint installation of these mods and the correct battleye filters

deleted (responded to wrong post)

Edited by Panduhh
responded to wrong post

When starting arma3server an error message is displayed "the application failed to start correctly (0xc000007b)".

Meow I am totally new to managing a server and probably a bit over my head but through my research and fumbling about (oh and the crummy tech support :( of the server provider) there are three possible issues directx, c++, and/or .net framework. The server is operating with windows server 2008 R2 and i have installed and re-installed every version of all the offending software/applications mentioned that i could get my hands. It doesn't matter what i do or how its done the error is always present.

Any Help would be appreciated!

Stump

Stump

Is directX installed, if not install it.

Is this install, configured in the following way?

• Pure vanilla, no addons
  • No additional keys in the keys folder, other than the arma3 bisign
  • Clean MpMissions folder
  • Mission cycle class commented out

If it isn't, get back to those roots and don't add anything else until you prove the basic install.

1. If it's still won't load then,

1. Try a fresh install of the Arma3 dedi
      If it still doesnt work
    2. Then your looking at an O/S, or application issue

If you have root access to the box then get everything updated and patched, make sure you have Direct X installed, if memory serves, the dedi wont work without it.

Is directX installed, if not install it.

Is this install, configured in the following way?

• Pure vanilla, no addons
  • No additional keys in the keys folder, other than the arma3 bisign
  • Clean MpMissions folder
  • Mission cycle class commented out

If it isn't, get back to those roots and don't add anything else until you prove the basic install.

1. If it's still won't load then,

1. Try a fresh install of the Arma3 dedi
      If it still doesnt work
    2. Then your looking at an O/S, or application issue

If you have root access to the box then get everything updated and patched, make sure you have Direct X installed, if memory serves, the dedi wont work without it.

Thank you for the quick reply Terox.

I have only installed vanilla arma3server and steamcmd along with the current DirectX, c++ and .net frame work. In the arma3server_readme file it does say

"If you encounter a problem installing DirectX during the installation, please update DirectX manually. DirectX June 2010 is required in order to run the server, you can find it at http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109"

I have tried three different combos of DirectX, current DirectX, current with the June 2010 Directx and just the June 2010 DirectX with no luck. I do appreciate your time and effort, but its probably time for me to put the screws to the severs tech support or find a new dedicated box. I was really hoping it was me being an idiot (I still could be :) hard saying some times) and there was an obvious fix that the more experienced server manager might know. Not saying your not experienced just saying I am an idiot. :)

Thanks Again

Stump

I've been trying to test out a dedicated server using both the manual method and TADST and can't get either to work. I couldn't see it in the server browser, so tried connecting directly via IP and that just left me on an infinite A3 loading screen. Not really sure what the problem is, Here's the log.

http://pastebin.com/gJ7mPE3y

My only guess is that it's something related to ports, but I've tried adding them, removing them and just trusting Upnp.

Thanks for any help.

I've managed to get the server to show up in the server browser, but I can't seem to connect as it throws a connecting failed error. Not running any mods on the client or server. Is this likely port related?