terox

Tutorial: Installation & Configuration of ArmA3 Dedicated Server

In other words, it's not picking up the config file for the server?

It's something that I had problem with aswell, went trough the steps in the guide about 3-4 times, then I noticed my config file for the dedicated wasn't picked up as a .cfg file, but rather as .cfg.txt.

Make sure your config file is ending with .cfg and not with .txt

They are .cfg

http://gyazo.com/2b3d576fcc35a809055d9b12c60dc871

Been staring on this for a while now and this is what I came up with

Also, before I start, do correct me if I am completey wrong

As far as I can work out, you are trying to use the arma3alpha as an serverconfig, the arma3alpha is a profile and not a server config, the A3TestServer.cfg is what you want to use.

This is problay why it isn't working, the dedicated is trying to read the arma3alpha as both the profile and as the server config.

And be sure you have the "-config=A3TestServer.cfg" in your shortcut as the command line.

Been staring on this for a while now and this is what I came up with

Also, before I start, do correct me if I am completey wrong

As far as I can work out, you are trying to use the arma3alpha as an serverconfig, the arma3alpha is a profile and not a server config, the A3TestServer.cfg is what you want to use.

This is problay why it isn't working, the dedicated is trying to read the arma3alpha as both the profile and as the server config.

And be sure you have the "-config=A3TestServer.cfg" in your shortcut as the command line.

Thanks mate, Going to get someone to look at it

Can someone expand on the mpmissions folder re-direct for me?

I read this...

run cmd tool on your server to create the link, use "" around the directories

example

mklink /J "C:\steam\steamapps\common\user\Arma 3\mpmissions" "C:\Users\user\Desktop\Dropbox\mpmissions"

I need some instructions on how to do this exactly since I don't know what run cmd tool means...

CONTENTS

RUNNING MULTIPLE SERVERS ON SAME MACHINE

Copy steam folder etc...

COPYING THE ENTIRE STEAM FOLDER IS UNNECESSARY

It is possible to run multiple servers by using a single different shortcut instead of an entire folder, granted your missions will be shared.

Hi guys, with the new Arama 3 Alpha update my server keep crashing every 5 mins. Its on a dedicated VDS and I have had no issues before the update.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Hondo

Hi guys, with the new Arama 3 Alpha update my server keep crashing every 5 mins. Its on a dedicated VDS and I have had no issues before the update.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Hondo

Having the same issues. I have tried everything... still constantly crashing.

***EDIT*** Seems to be an issue when people throw grenades. I tried all the memory allocators that came with the alpha to see if it would fix it, all had the same result when running a custom -malloc= on the dedicated box.

http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/192.223.25.224:2302/

Edited by crashtheface

Thanks for the info kju,

is this still relevant with win7 and 8, winserver2008.2012 ?

I was able to get this working. I had to do the install of both parts of the LSE. I have a Win 8 64 bit PC and a Win 2012 64 bit Server running the game.

Thanks for the idea and the help!!!

Follow up question about the -profile and -server.cfg. If you define the difficulty in the server.cfg file, are you able to still choose recruit and have all the settings on?

In other words, does defining the difficulty in the -server file do anything at all to enforce that instances of that server are bare minimum Veteran if selected?

My server does not seem to read any keys stored in Arma3\keys when I install serverside addons that require client counterparts. Client has all the bisings with the pbos.

Server is Windows Server 2008 R2 with latest updates running stable branch of Arma3 Alpha.

Does anybody know how to resolve this?

Any help would be much appreciated.

My server does not seem to read any keys stored in Arma3\keys when I install serverside addons that require client counterparts. Client has all the bisings with the pbos.

Server is Windows Server 2008 R2 with latest updates running stable branch of Arma3 Alpha.

Does anybody know how to resolve this?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Where are you saving and loading your add-ons from (Please post full file path) ?

Also post your full -profile and / or parameter command line

and which "verifysignatures" value are you using, 0,1 or 2

---------- Post added at 10:38 ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 ----------

I was able to get this working. I had to do the install of both parts of the LSE. I have a Win 8 64 bit PC and a Win 2012 64 bit Server running the game.

Thanks for the idea and the help!!!

the line difficulty="*****"; doesn't seem to work.

There are certain settings that will not work for certain difficulty classes.

Much of this hasn't been fully investigated, or if it has, it hasn't been shared publicly

You can test each setting via a simple mission outputting variable values to the .rpt using the following commands.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/difficultyEnabled

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/diag_log

Where are you saving and loading your add-ons from (Please post full file path) ?

Also post your full -profile and / or parameter command line

and which "verifysignatures" value are you using, 0,1 or 2

Addons are located in @Folders in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@Whatevermod\addons\nameofaddon.pbo"

I start my server with this Shortcut usually, but since mods dont work i dont load them right now.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe" -server -config=A3TestServer.cfg -nosound -nosplash -maxmem=2047

With mods I use

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe" -server -config=A3TestServer.cfg -nosound -nosplash -maxmem=2047 -mod=@mod1;@mod2;@mod3

I don't specify my -profile, never did but when I make changes to it they apply correctly.

It's stored in

C:\Users\****\Documents\Arma 3 Alpha

And so is the Arma3Alpha.cfg.

VerifySignatures is set to 2. If I set it to 0, everything works fine. But that will just open up my server to hackers and I dont like that perspective...

I just noticed in GameTracker the signatures seem to show up when I view the server variables... could it be a client problem then ? But I do indeed have all the bisigns installed...

signatures a3;acre;acre2;jayarma2lib;profecy;six_cba_a3

All seems to work apart from Profiles , any idea where i can look to see why this is not loading ?

Cannot see anything in the .rpt , it is creating it in the folder below but no error about profile ?

-profiles=c:\users

administrator.Arma3AlphaProfile

version=2;

viewDistance=3000;
preferredObjectViewDistance=3000;
terrainGrid=12.5;
activeKeys[]=
{
};

class Difficulties
{
class recruit
{
	class Flags
	{
		Armor=1;
		FriendlyTag=0;
		EnemyTag=0;
		MineTag=1;
		HUD=1;
		HUDPerm=1;
		HUDWp=1;
		HUDWpPerm=1;
		HUDGroupInfo=1;
		AutoSpot=1;
		Map=1;
		WeaponCursor=1;
		AutoGuideAT=1;
		ClockIndicator=1;
		3rdPersonView=1;
		UltraAI=0;
		CameraShake=0;
		UnlimitedSaves=1;
		DeathMessages=1;
		NetStats=1;
		VonID=1;
		ExtendetInfoType=1;
	};
	skillFriendly=0.6;
	skillEnemy=0.6;
	precisionFriendly=0.28;
	precisionEnemy=0.28;
};
class regular
{
	class Flags
	{
		Armor=1;
		FriendlyTag=1;
		EnemyTag=0;
		MineTag=1;
		HUD=1;
		HUDPerm=1;
		HUDWp=1;
		HUDWpPerm=1;
		HUDGroupInfo=1;
		AutoSpot=1;
		Map=1;
		WeaponCursor=1;
		AutoGuideAT=1;
		ClockIndicator=1;
		3rdPersonView=1;
		UltraAI=0;
		CameraShake=1;
		UnlimitedSaves=1;
		DeathMessages=1;
		NetStats=1;
		VonID=1;
		ExtendetInfoType=1;
	};
	skillFriendly=0.6;
	skillEnemy=0.6;
	precisionFriendly=0.28;
	precisionEnemy=0.28;
};
class veteran
{
	class Flags
	{
		Armor=0;
		FriendlyTag=0;
		EnemyTag=0;
		MineTag=1;
		HUD=1;
		HUDWp=1;
		HUDWpPerm=1;
		HUDGroupInfo=1;
		AutoSpot=0;
		WeaponCursor=0;
		ClockIndicator=1;
		3rdPersonView=1;
		UltraAI=0;
		CameraShake=0;
		DeathMessages=0;
		NetStats=1;
		VonID=1;
		ExtendetInfoType=0;
	};
	skillFriendly=0.6;
	skillEnemy=0.6;
	precisionFriendly=0.28;
	precisionEnemy=0.28;
};
class mercenary
{
	class Flags
	{
		HUD=1;
		AutoSpot=0;
		WeaponCursor=0;
		DeathMessages=0;
		NetStats=1;
		VonID=1;
	};
	skillFriendly=0.6;
	skillEnemy=0.6;
	precisionFriendly=0.28;
	precisionEnemy=0.28;
};
};

difficulty="veteran";

What I can say is that we run keys for a clientside addon pack we host, with signatures set to 2 and that works fine.

One of the addons I wanted to allow did have a key/bisign but that was broken. I never looked into why and just threw it out of the pack with the intention of signing it with a pack signature at some later point.

So maybe it is just one key/bisign issue which may appear to cause issues for other addons. If memory serves I think it was the clientside stance indicator

---------- Post added at 13:45 ---------- Previous post was at 13:38 ----------

All seems to work apart from Profiles , any idea where i can look to see why this is not loading ?

Cannot see anything in the .rpt , it is creating it in the folder below but no error about profile ?

Try wrapping quotation marks qround your -profile statement

"-profiles=c:\users" (May or may not help)

Also which user are you running then game on, am assuming administrator, so the root to the user configs should be

c:\Users\Administrator\Administrator.Arma3AlphaProfile

c:\Users\Administrator\Administrator.vars.Arma3AlphaProfile

c:\Users\Administrator\Arma3Alpha.cfg

Edited by Terox

::Made by eRazeri

@echo off

:start

C:\Windows\System32\tasklist /FI "IMAGENAME eq arma3.exe" 2>NUL | C:\Windows\System32\find /I /N "arma3.exe">NUL

if "%ERRORLEVEL%"=="0" goto loop

echo Server monitored is not running, will be started now

start "" /wait "C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe" -server -nosound -nosplash -nopause -config=C:\server.cfg -cpuCount=4 -maxMem=8192 -exThreads=7

echo Server started succesfully

goto started

:loop

cls

echo Server is already running, running monitoring loop

:started

C:\Windows\System32\timeout /t 10

C:\Windows\System32\tasklist /FI "IMAGENAME eq arma3.exe" 2>NUL | C:\Windows\System32\find /I /N "arma3.exe">NUL

if "%ERRORLEVEL%"=="0" goto loop

C:\Windows\System32\taskkill /im arma3.exe

goto start

Does anyone know how to get the restart.bat to work with multiple servers running on the one machine?

Cheers

Sean

So now that a user is banned from the server, is there anyway to unban him, or was that feature overlooked? #exec unban ID in chat does not work.

Running a server on my PC and playing at the same time, by the way, no dedicated server.

Is there anything specific that can be done to try and prevent hacking? Anything at all in the server config that is best setup? Are there any mission side scripts that can be used to mitigate any of the possible hacks?

Sean make a copy of the game folder, rename the exe and adjust its name in the bat.

So now that a user is banned from the server, is there anyway to unban him, or was that feature overlooked? #exec unban ID in chat does not work.

Running a server on my PC and playing at the same time, by the way, no dedicated server.

Simply remove the players ID from the bans.txt that you created as per the tutorial

---------- Post added at 00:35 ---------- Previous post was at 00:24 ----------

Is there anything specific that can be done to try and prevent hacking? Anything at all in the server config that is best setup? Are there any mission side scripts that can be used to mitigate any of the possible hacks?

Until BattleEye is implemented, the only thing that will be of any use is

a) VerifySignatures = 2;

b) Stay away from hosting mass public play missions like Wastelands

My problem with such a method is that there is no bans.txt.

To get my server to work, I only needed to open the proper port on my modem and give people the name & password of the server. I didn't follow this tutorial; I only looked it up in hopes that there would be a way to unban people. It was private, and not public, as I don't intend to run a public server without a separate machine due to obvious performance issues that would arise.

People were capable of joining and playing and we did for a few hours but there was a ban issued that I want to reverse, and I can't do that because well, there is no bans.txt. I tried to follow the tutorial and I did but no bans.txt was created from it. The user is still banned, too.

Hello everyone. I am running this setup while on the same machine. Client and Server.

So I am able to start the server and then the client then join the server.

What I wish to know is how do I see my servers IP or outward ip that others use to connect?

I would like to use it for gametracker and HLSW.

Thanks.

Hello everyone. I am running this setup while on the same machine. Client and Server.

So I am able to start the server and then the client then join the server.

What I wish to know is how do I see my servers IP or outward ip that others use to connect?

I would like to use it for gametracker and HLSW.

Thanks.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&sqi=2&ved=0CDEQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.whatismyip.com%2F&ei=Iz5fUeLdO-SV0AXay4DYBg&usg=AFQjCNGY_VKpSTObxuE1bTe9aqWoRtjHGw&bvm=bv.44770516,d.d2k