sickboy

CBA - Community Base Addons - ARMA 3 Alpha

they mean only -this- addon can be included - this being called 'community base additions - CBA'. so if you are making an addon for the contest, you can depend on this addon here (which provides many features) only. no others.

as mentioned in the original post of this thread, you can learn more about CBA by going to the A2 page:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?103871-CBA-Community-Base-Addons-for-A2-OA-and-CO

So are there any popular mods that use CBA? Like JSRS 2.0?

;2610363']Thanks. I can assure you 100% that this is due to @A3MP.

Check its thread - its a known issue for it.

I will try to reproduce later but cba does not let me load games even without @a3mp.

You have to revert your savegames first to remove the A3MP entries.

So are there any popular mods that use CBA? Like JSRS 2.0?

About 50% of all the mods does tbh.

Its quite common to rely on CBA.

It should be stated clearly, on either theese forums or Armaholic, if a mod needs CBA or not :)

Is it just me or any mod that is using CBA generally causes a 5-15 FPS hit over vanilla Arma3? For example with only CBA and STHud I experience quite a bit lower FPS. Without I get solid 60-70FPS. Definitely seems to be CPU locked. Is there any way to turn off events that aren't used?

I dont think cba will be updated any time in the near future.

I dont think cba will be updated any time in the near future.

So we are all just generally stuck with pretty costly performance hits from this mod since all other mods derive from it? There has got to be a better way :[

Scripts cannot decrease fps in general. CBA itself does nothing. So only mods that use it could affect FPS if at all.

;2626034']Scripts cannot decrease fps in general. CBA itself does nothing. So only mods that use it could affect FPS if at all.

Right. CBA as the only thing activated in my Expansion menu = FPS stays the same. But the moment I add any mod to it and start utilizing some of those event handlers in CBA I take quite a bit of FPS hit. Maybe you guys just have way more powerful machines than I do with my stock i7 920, but CBA with only the ShackTac HUD = 5-10 FPS drop in the Armed Assault showcase. Are you guys experiencing differently?

I haven't noticed any FPS loss by using STHUD. Especially not something as significant as 5-10 FPS, at least if your FPS wasn't already in the hundreds in which case 5-10 is a small difference.

yeah - our group saw the 4.7 on a server the other night too. not sure why people are saying 'requires cba_a3 4.7' on their servers, but it aint right. it should just be beta 4; those people are going to confuse a bunch of others.

Hi, need some help with cba. For what ever reason when I try to simply launch it vanilla with no mods preselected I get an error dialog before the game even fully boots. The error is as follows

d0itJGv.png

I haven't been in the mod use/arma community for some time now so it could simply be that I am missing something obvious, but would greatly appreciate if you pointed out what that was. Primarily because there is a rather large number of servers that seem to run vanilla and I'd rather not have to remove it ever time I wish to get my multiplayer on.

Arma3_stable_dedicated server

I have a showstopper on a mission that ive never seen before that "seems" related to CBA.

But im not really sure.

anyone ever seen this in the logs

Warning Message: Addon 'cba_xeh_a3' requires addon 'CAData'

Its just a simple base..with Igiload, =BTC=logistics and revive and tophes simple vehicle respawn.

the following mods enabled both on the machine building it and the dedicated server running it.

@CBA_A3;@Alive;@JSRS2.1;@task_force_radio;@Blastcore_A3;@BaBe_midTex;@sthud;@ASDG_JR;@U100;@Peral_A_10C;@JS_JC_FA18;@mk18;@RH_M4;@TFA;@tmr;@cTab;@RAV_Lifter_A3;@EBU_Mods;

(the space in @Blastcore_a3 is a forum glitch,its not there when i edit the post)

Server wont even startup enough to login or alter maps. : (

=====================================================================
-ip=206.217.128.2 -port=2902 -profiles=E:\UserFiles\dark_spectre\GameServers\TC426\ -BEpath=E:\UserFiles\dark_spectre\GameServers\TC426\ -maxplayers=10 -config=arma3server.cfg -mod=@CBA_A3;@Alive;@JSRS2.1;@task_force_radio;@Blastcore_A3;@BaBe_midTex;@sthud;@ASDG_JR;@U100;@Peral_A_10C;@JS_JC_FA18;@mk18;@RH_M4;@TFA;@tmr;@cTab;@RAV_Lifter_A3;@EBU_Mods; -world=empty -name=server 

Exe timestamp: 2014/02/19 20:04:16
Current time:  2014/02/23 19:24:37

Type: Public
Branch: Stable
Version: 1.10.114700
=====================================================================

AppId parsing successful. Using appId=107410
Unsupported language English in stringtable
File task_force_radio\anprc152\anprc152.ext, line 84: '/anprc152_radio_dialog/next_channel.action': Missing ';' prior '}'
File task_force_radio\anprc152\anprc152.ext, line 94: '/anprc152_radio_dialog/prev_channel.action': Missing ';' prior '}'
File task_force_radio\anprc152\anprc152.ext, line 103: '/anprc152_radio_dialog/increase_volume.action': Missing ';' at the end of line
File task_force_radio\anprc152\anprc152.ext, line 113: '/anprc152_radio_dialog/decrease_volume.action': Missing ';' at the end of line
File task_force_radio\anprc148jem\anprc148jem.ext, line 96: '/anprc148jem_radio_dialog/next_channel148.action': Missing ';' prior '}'
File task_force_radio\anprc148jem\anprc148jem.ext, line 106: '/anprc148jem_radio_dialog/increase_volume148.action': Missing ';' prior '}'
File task_force_radio\anprc148jem\anprc148jem.ext, line 116: '/anprc148jem_radio_dialog/decrease_volume148.action': Missing ';' prior '}'
File task_force_radio\rt1523g\rt1523g.ext, line 91: '/rt1523g_radio_dialog/rt1523g_channel01.action': Missing ';' at the end of line
File task_force_radio\rt1523g\rt1523g.ext, line 101: '/rt1523g_radio_dialog/rt1523g_channel02.action': Missing ';' at the end of line
File task_force_radio\rt1523g\rt1523g.ext, line 111: '/rt1523g_radio_dialog/rt1523g_channel03.action': Missing ';' at the end of line
File task_force_radio\rt1523g\rt1523g.ext, line 121: '/rt1523g_radio_dialog/rt1523g_channel04.action': Missing ';' at the end of line
File task_force_radio\rt1523g\rt1523g.ext, line 131: '/rt1523g_radio_dialog/rt1523g_channel05.action': Missing ';' at the end of line
File task_force_radio\rt1523g\rt1523g.ext, line 141: '/rt1523g_radio_dialog/rt1523g_channel06.action': Missing ';' at the end of line
File task_force_radio\rt1523g\rt1523g.ext, line 151: '/rt1523g_radio_dialog/rt1523g_channel07.action': Missing ';' at the end of line
File task_force_radio\rt1523g\rt1523g.ext, line 161: '/rt1523g_radio_dialog/rt1523g_channel08.action': Missing ';' at the end of line
File task_force_radio\rt1523g\rt1523g.ext, line 171: '/rt1523g_radio_dialog/rt1523g_channel09.action': Missing ';' at the end of line
File task_force_radio\anprc155\anprc155.ext, line 95: '/anprc155_radio_dialog/next_channel155.action': Missing ';' prior '}'
File task_force_radio\fadak\fadak.ext, line 62: '/fadak_radio_dialog/next_channel_fadak.action': Missing ';' prior '}'
File task_force_radio\fadak\fadak.ext, line 72: '/fadak_radio_dialog/previous_channel_fadak.action': Missing ';' prior '}'
File task_force_radio\fadak\fadak.ext, line 81: '/fadak_radio_dialog/increase_volume_fadak.action': Missing ';' at the end of line
File task_force_radio\fadak\fadak.ext, line 91: '/fadak_radio_dialog/decrease_volume_fadak.action': Missing ';' at the end of line
File task_force_radio\mr3000\mr3000.ext, line 72: '/mr3000_radio_dialog/mr3000_next_channel.action': Missing ';' prior '}'
File task_force_radio\mr3000\mr3000.ext, line 82: '/mr3000_radio_dialog/mr3000_previous_channel.action': Missing ';' prior '}'
File task_force_radio\mr3000\mr3000.ext, line 121: '/mr3000_radio_dialog/mr3000_channel_1.action': Missing ';' at the end of line
File task_force_radio\mr3000\mr3000.ext, line 131: '/mr3000_radio_dialog/mr3000_channel_2.action': Missing ';' at the end of line
File task_force_radio\mr3000\mr3000.ext, line 141: '/mr3000_radio_dialog/mr3000_channel_3.action': Missing ';' at the end of line
File task_force_radio\mr3000\mr3000.ext, line 151: '/mr3000_radio_dialog/mr3000_channel_4.action': Missing ';' at the end of line
File task_force_radio\mr3000\mr3000.ext, line 161: '/mr3000_radio_dialog/mr3000_channel_5.action': Missing ';' at the end of line
File task_force_radio\mr3000\mr3000.ext, line 171: '/mr3000_radio_dialog/mr3000_channel_6.action': Missing ';' at the end of line
File task_force_radio\mr3000\mr3000.ext, line 181: '/mr3000_radio_dialog/mr3000_channel_7.action': Missing ';' at the end of line
File task_force_radio\mr3000\mr3000.ext, line 191: '/mr3000_radio_dialog/mr3000_channel_8.action': Missing ';' at the end of line
File task_force_radio\mr3000\mr3000.ext, line 201: '/mr3000_radio_dialog/mr3000_channel_9.action': Missing ';' at the end of line
Warning Message: Addon 'cba_xeh_a3' requires addon 'CAData'

-ip=206.217.128.2 -port=2902 -profiles=E:\UserFiles\dark_spectre\GameServers\TC426\ -BEpath=E:\UserFiles\dark_spectre\GameServers\TC426\ -maxplayers=10 -config=arma3server.cfg -mod=@CBA_A3;@Alive;@JSRS2.1;@task_force_radio;@Blastcore_A3;@BaBe_midTex;@sthud;@ASDG_JR;@U100;@Peral_A_10C;@JS_JC_FA18;@mk18;@RH_M4;@TFA;@tmr;@cTab;@RAV_Lifter_A3;@EBU_Mods; -world=empty -name=server

Edited by Dark_Spectre

It seems your are missing the A3.pbo or its overwritten by another pbo.

Hi,

there are much Scripts like adv. Arti and so on which need CBA. Iam not sure but i think i can remmeber in earlier Versions of Arma was a Script Version of CBA.

Is there a Script Version of CBA for A3 ?

thx in advance

Thunder666;2631901']Hi' date='

there are much Scripts like adv. Arti and so on which need CBA. Iam not sure but i think i can remmeber in earlier Versions of Arma was a Script Version of CBA.

Is there a Script Version of CBA for A3 ?

thx in advance[/font']

many scripts/mods just need CBA because they dont know how to use CfgFunctions

just grab those mods and use CfgFunctions instead of the XEH of CBA for initializing it:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Functions_Library

CBA_A3 Beta 5 released!

This release addresses all known bugs that we could find in this thread.

I wish this could have been released sooner, however new jobs, new seasons of responsibility in the real world can and always will continue to effect release schedules.

Thank you for reporting the issues to us. For this helps us improve the product for the good of the entire community.

Thanks to the CBA Team and special thanks to a small few active in the community for sanity testing the pre-releases of this CBA version.

Key Changes

• ADDED: Support for new A3 Event Handlers - killswitch
  • ADDED: Support for the Ability to remove cba_versioning.pbo from the server. - ViperMaul
  • IMPROVED: Action Monitor Initialization - killswitch
  • IMPROVED: FlexiMenu's protection against bad Menu Definitions - Dr. Eyeball
  • FIXED: Missing default BIS event handlers for Helicopters - killswitch
  • FIXED: More Undefined variables in expressions - killswitch and ViperMaul
  • FIXED: MPframework.sqf Error: a3mp_zues.pbo triggers latent Arma2 code in CBA - ViperMaul
  • FIXED: Little glitch towards to the top left of the screen on certain maps. - Thanks Kju and killswitch
    NOTE: Be advised ACRE 1.x has also been discovered to have this graphic glitch issue as well. See the screen shot below. The fix I am told is in ACRE 2.x. Nou has been notified)
    Screen Shot of this issue on Chernarus : http://gyazo.com/cec9344b83bcc63f1ce56d69c1b94f9a

FlexiMenu Changelog:

• FIXED: Reversed order of all missionConfigFile/configFile check. Mission-defined rsc menus should have higher priority to allow overrides. - Dr. Eyeball
  • ADDED: New rsc menu property (flexiMenu_hotKeyColor = "#f07EB27E"; ) which sets hotkey colour. This is the final change to allow menus to be fully colour independent via rsc config. - Dr. Eyeball
  • CHANGED: Increased (#defines) _maxButtons from 30 to 100. (IDC range is already 100 so it won't overlap.) - Dr. Eyeball
  • CHANGED: Replaced all __EXEC & __EVAL macros in all rsc menu def files. These were unnecessarily used for most button image paths and IDC increments. This was preventing the addon from being able to be binarized. - Dr. Eyeball
  • CHANGED: Menus: widened many of the buttons (for wider text captions). Also scaled some buttons to suit screen width. - Dr. Eyeball
  • CHANGED: Menus: added more sub-menu buttons (for some menus). Increased from around 10 to 20 or 30. - Dr. Eyeball

Again thanks Dr Eyeball for all your work!!

Change Log for Beta 5 - https://dev-heaven.net/versions/1483

ROADMAP for Release Candidate 1 - https://dev.withsix.com/versions/1488

Hosted at the following:

Signatures are included.

Submit Bugs at https://dev-heaven.net/projects/cba-a3/issues/new

Thanks for your patience everyone! Keep up the great community development!

Edited by ViperMaul
Now available on PWS

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (ViperMaul) on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note:

since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

New update v1.00 beta5 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@cba_a3.png

@ CBA Team;

Soon you will be able to manage the promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Run the mod on the server?

If a server for the ArmA series of game doesn't allow to run mods,change your server provider :)

No other solution...

That's why im asking if there is a way to script it into the server so we don't have to do that.