sickboy

CBA - Community Base Addons - ARMA 3 Alpha

I'm getting these 2 errors when trying to load the latest version. The one on top is what I get before the game starts and the other at the main menu. I have the non-dev branch with the latest update.

b67FD3I.jpg

Nevermind I had the wrong version downloaded.....:o

Edited by SIMJEDI

I need CBA functionality (just XEH) for my addon designed for server side only. How do I disable "You are missing the following mod: %1" message on clients without editing CBA? I just only need Extended_postInit_EventHandlers class to be used with serverInit field.

nvm. lol.

CBA_display_ingame_warnings = false;

PS

Doesn't work, clients still get message about missing cba_main right after the briefing screen.

class CfgPatches
{
   class MyAddon
   {
       units[] = { };
       weapons[] = { };
       requiredVersion = 0.100000;
       author = "Prodavec";
       version = "1.0";
       requiredAddons[] = {"Extended_EventHandlers"};
   };
};

class Extended_preInit_EventHandlers
{
   class MyAddon
   {
       serverInit = "CBA_display_ingame_warnings = false; publicVariable 'CBA_display_ingame_warnings';";
   };
};

class Extended_postInit_Eventhandlers
{
   class MyAddon
   {
       serverInit = "execVM 'MyServerStuff.sqf';";
   };
};

CBA_display_ingame_warnings is actually FALSE, checked with DevCon on client and server sides.

What's wrong here?

hm?

_str = 'if(isServer)exitWith{};0 = objNull spawn { sleep 1; sleep 1; _func={GVAR(mismatch)=[format["%2 (%1)",name player, player],_this];publicVariable QUOTE(GVAR(mismatch));_this spawn{_t=format["You are missing the following mod: %1",_this];diag_log text _t;sleep 2;player globalChat _t}};';

So it seems it's not possible with no editing cba_versioning.pbo/XEH_postInitServer.sqf because CBA_display_ingame_warnings blocks global messages only:

FUNC(handleMismatch) = {
PARAMS_2(_machine,_mod);
[format["%1 - Not running! (Machine: %2)", _mod, _machine], QUOTE(COMPONENT), [CBA_display_ingame_warnings, true, true]] call CBA_fnc_debug;
};

Should be something like that with new variable CBA_display_ingame_warnings_local:

_str = 'if(isServer)exitWith{};0 = objNull spawn { sleep 1; sleep 1; _func={GVAR(mismatch)=[format["%2 (%1)",name player, player],_this];publicVariable QUOTE(GVAR(mismatch));_this spawn{_t=format["You are missing the following mod: %1",_this];diag_log text _t;sleep 2; if (isNil "CBA_display_ingame_warnings_local") then {CBA_display_ingame_warnings_local = true;}; if (CBA_display_ingame_warnings_local) then {player globalChat _t};};};';

at Init

if (isServer) then
{
   CBA_display_ingame_warnings = false;
   publicVariable "CBA_display_ingame_warnings";

CBA_display_ingame_warnings_local = false;
   publicVariable "CBA_display_ingame_warnings_local";
};

Edited by Prodavec

Actually the fnc_debug passes along the log type parameters to the clients, including the CBA_display_ingame_warnings value which should be false on the server, due to your preinit handler.

PublicVariable should not be necessary. Could you please confirm the preinit bit is executed on the server? e.g with a diag_log 'I R PREINIT';

---------- Post added at 19:58 ---------- Previous post was at 19:53 ----------

However I think I see what the problem is, there's an explicit player globalChat message in there, locally executed on the client with mismatch, not relevant to the fnc_debug, will get back to you for a solution

Could you please confirm the preinit bit is executed on the server? e.g with a diag_log 'I R PREINIT';

It works well. I checked it with diag_log before I began to post my second part of the message.

there's an explicit player globalChat message in there, locally executed on the client with mismatch, not relevant to the fnc_debug

Exactly! This is the root of the problem.

Also I checked Init EH:

class Extended_preInit_EventHandlers
{
   class MyAddon
   {
       serverInit = "diag_log 'preInit on server side';";
   };
};

class Extended_Init_EventHandlers
{
   class MyAddon
   {
       serverInit = "diag_log 'Init on server side';";
   };
};

class Extended_postInit_Eventhandlers
{
   class MyAddon
   {
       serverInit = "diag_log 'postInit on server side';";
   };
};

And I got two messages only:

[5010,156.347,0,"XEH: PreInit Started. v1.0.0.190. MISSINIT: missionName=TestInitCommands, worldName=Stratis, isMultiplayer=true, isServer=true, isDedicated=true"]

"preInit on server side"

[5010,156.712,0,"XEH: PreInit Finished. CACHE DISABLED? (Disable caching with cba_cache_disable.pbo): SLX_XEH_RECOMPILE=false, CBA_COMPILE_RECOMPILE=false, CBA_FUNC_RECOMPILE=false"]

bin\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr/States/AmovPknlMtacSlowWpstDf.InterpolateTo: Bad move AovrPknlMstpSlowWpstDf

bin\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr/States/AmovPknlMtacSlowWpstDf.InterpolateTo: Bad move AmovPknlMevaSlowWpstDf

bin\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr/States/AmovPknlMtacSlowWpstDfl.InterpolateTo: Bad move AmovPknlMevaSlowWpstDfl

bin\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr/States/AmovPknlMtacSlowWpstDfr.InterpolateTo: Bad move AmovPknlMevaSlowWpstDfr

String STR_A3_cfgVehicles_FxCartridge0 not found

String STR_A3_cfgVehicles_FxCartridge0 not found

String STR_A3_cfgVehicles_FxCartridge_Small0 not found

String STR_A3_cfgVehicles_FxCartridge_Small0 not found

Speaker Male01_F not found in CfgVoiceTypes

[5220,179.735,0,"XEH: PostInit Started"]

"postInit on server side"

[5220,179.774,0,"CBA_VERSIONING: cba=1.0.0.190, cba_a3=1.0.0.6, "]

[5220,179.803,0,"XEH: PostInit Finished. State: _isClient=false, _isJip=false, _isDedClient=false, _isServer=true, _isDedServer=true, _playerCheckDone=true, _sp=false, _startInitDone=true, _postInitDone=true, _mpRespawn=true, _machineType=0, _sessionId=1, _level=0, _timeOut=false, _game=3, BIS_functions=L Alpha 1-1:1, group=L Alpha 1-1"]

must confirm that bug with double radio speach(post 100 here 1 page back) sorry no link - too much"smart"phone)

not only double radio speach

but sometimes mission has to break without task or waypoints updating

for confirming this I don't use any other addons instead cba

sorry my bad engliz)

I submitted the following bug report thinking it was a problem with the Arma 3 code. I've since learned from poster Guess Who that this is a know limitation of the CBA mod. Is it possible to fix this or provide some sort of workaround? I did try it with the latest release of CBA last night and the problem is still there. Thanks.

The following issue has been CLOSED

======================================================================

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=6082

Reported By: UpYonder999

Assigned To:

Project: Arma 3 Alpha

Issue ID: 6082

Category: Modding

Reproducibility: random

Severity: minor

Priority: normal

Game Version: Arma 3 Alpha

Resolution: open

Fixed in Version:

Date Submitted: 2013-03-26 14:49 CET

Last Modified: 2013-03-27 10:04 CET

Summary: Sometimes addons/mods don't work when I start a

game.

Description:

I use two addons a lot. FAStance http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=19017

and

ShackTac Fireteam HUD http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=18949

Sometimes they don't work when I load a mission in multiplayer LAN, where I play

singleplayer missions. After I am killed in the mission and respawn they will

usually start working.

BTW, I think FA Stance should be a feature of the game that BIS supplies. It is

very difficult to keep track of what stance you are in without it. In real life

this is never the case.

Steps to Reproduce:

Install these two addons and play a multiplayer LAN mission.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

(0015532) Deadfast (moderator) - 2013-03-26 15:17

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=6082#c15532

This sounds like an issue with the addons themselves, I suggest you contact

their authors.

To elaborate, dialogs and resources are not written into a game save. Neither

are variables that contain references to UI elements and scripts that contain

the <i>disableSerialization</i> keyword. Addons that introduce UI elements have

to cater for this behavior.

(0015548) UpYonder999 (reporter) - 2013-03-26 15:45

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=6082#c15548

Thanks for your reply, you would know better than me. I will contact the authors

of the addons about this. However, one thing I should have mentioned in my

report is that when the addons don't work, all of them don't work. It's not that

some work and some don't, all the addons stop working at the same time. When I

respawn and they work again, all of them are working again.

This makes me wonder if it has something to do with BIS code, but I'm not a

programmer so I don't really know. Like I said, I will contact the authors of

the addons I use. Thanks again.

(0015868) DarkDruid (developer) - 2013-03-27 10:04

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=6082#c15868

Broken mod must be fixed by author. If there is something wrong on our side,

author of mod can report bug with detailed info and we will look at it. Thanks.

Closing.

Issue History

Date Modified Username Field Change

2013-03-26 14:49 UpYonder999 New Issue

2013-03-26 15:17 Deadfast Note Added: 0015532

2013-03-26 15:45 UpYonder999 Note Added: 0015548

2013-03-27 10:04 DarkDruid Note Added: 0015868

2013-03-27 10:04 DarkDruid Status new => closed

Guess Who

Staff Sergeant

Jun 19 2009

Hamburg, Germany

Seems to me that all your mods related to this bug are dependent on CBA. It's a known limitation of how these mods interact with CBA and how CBA interacts with the engine. The result is that neither FA_Stance, ST_hud nor ST_mapbrightnes and some others which bring new display/hud elements to ArmA will work with a loaded save game in single player. You may adress this issue to Sickboy and the crew behind CBA to develop a workaround though.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?148344-ShackTac-Fireteam-HUD-for-Arma-3/page5

I have a question, and it's a silly one. I've been tampering about with the ArmA II islands here and there, and with CBA I get messages about using ArmA II content and needing the CBA files for ArmA II. I can still tamper with it just fine, but this has led me to ask a very simple question; did CBA for ArmA III get updated to support legacy work more naturally without crashes, or is this some other type of snaffu? It would be crazy if it supported all of the ArmA II work in a playable fashion out of the box, but with ArmA III's new systems I doubt it's that easy. Surely the model/animation and attire systems make ArmA II stuff non-responsive in ArmA III to some extent.

I still can't get over how I can get a better framerate in Chernarus on max in ArmA III than I can in II...

Is there a way to turn off the in-game logging ? Any player who joins without using the CBA lists in-game for all players to see, I've tried disabling the System and Global channels but it still shows up.

For next build, hopefully available shortly, we've made the version check sensitive to the CBA_display_ingame_warnings variable, if you set it to false and publicvariable it from pre-init, the warnings should no longer be visible ingame.

I also have the double radio speech bug with just CBA loaded. Is there any fix for it yet?

Any way to have CBA serverside without the server showing red for clients not running CBA?

can someone explain what this is to me

Thanks for asking (and thanks for Orion987 for replying), because there are 77 pages of comments in that Arma 2 thread, and I didn't want to wade through them all to try to find out what this is. :)

I'm running All in Arma with CBA_A3 (since I use ACRE and other mods which need it), but CBA is asking me to use _A2 and _OA at the beginning of each mission. Should I run the extra CBA's alongside or just ignore the message?

Snip from my RPT file:

[90213,1488.84,0,"XEH: PostInit Started"]
[90213,1488.86,0,"CBA_VERSIONING: cba=1.0.0.190, cba_a3=1.0.0.6, "]
[90213,1488.91,0,"XEH: PostInit Finished. State: _isClient=true, _isJip=false, _isDedClient=false, _isServer=true, _isDedServer=false, _playerCheckDone=true, _sp=true, _startInitDone=true, _postInitDone=true, _mpRespawn=false, _machineType=1, _sessionId=8, _level=0, _timeOut=false, _game=3, BIS_functions=L Alpha 1-1:1, group=L Alpha 1-1, player=B Alpha 1-1:1 (Bhaz), _playerType="USMC_Soldier_Pilot", _playerGroup=B Alpha 1-1, _playerVehicle=B Alpha 1-1:1 (Bhaz), _playerVehicleType="C130J""]
Running A2 Content but missing @CBA_A2, please install and enable @CBA_A2, or disable A2 content
Running OA Content but missing @CBA_OA, please install and enable @CBA_OA, or disable OA content
WARNING: cba requires cba_a2_main (@CBA_A2) at version [1,0,0] (or higher). You have none.
WARNING: cba requires cba_oa_main (@CBA_OA) at version [1,0,0] (or higher). You have none.

I posted this over in the AiA thread and kju noted CBA isn't even required. link

I'm getting double task hints when using CBA_A3 that is on the first page of this thread. I have tested on the DEV Branch 0.55 and the alpha 0.54. Has anybody else seen this?

I'm getting double task hints when using CBA_A3 that is on the first page of this thread. I have tested on the DEV Branch 0.55 and the alpha 0.54. Has anybody else seen this?
Yes, known bug!

Yay!

Couldn't agree more :) Great work!

It's an essential, that's all I can say!

Anyone having issues since last update of A3 as server keep shutting down when running CBA ?

If i take off CBA the server runs fine , put it back on and when you try and launch a mission ARMA crashes

This is SERVER side not local

presume it is the removal of latest processInitCommands

Thanks

Edited by psvialli

Any chance of an update to work with the removal of the setVehicleINIT scripting commands.. I am getting several script errors from CBA since their removal.

that would be nice since ive got serveral addons running depending on cba

It appears the latest dev build has removed setVehicleInit... thereby completely breaking CBA for now.

Edited by Rommel

If I'm using more than one mod along with CBA my character starts to always leaning left and freelook stops working and it becomes like there's an infinite aiming dead-zone is on, but only for a vertical movement. Doesn't matter if addon actually requires CBA. If I'm using, lets say, just @sthud all works fine. But if I add @m107 - forementioned glitch appears. Also if I'm using @CBA with @m107 - fine. If I add @BaBe, for example, glitch appears again. Any suggestions?

I'm using latest CBA and stable build.

It appears the latest dev build has removed setVehicleInit... thereby completely breaking CBA for now.

Any ETA on the fix as all our missions require CBA and are now Broke :(