sickboy

CBA - Community Base Addons - ARMA 3 Alpha

I need to have a proper look at that yet, but I think these functions have been included in Arma 3. Have a look at the function library, I think it's under A3/Misc (or network, don't have the game launched right now).

Even if it is built into A3 already IMO (and my opinion may be awful) CBA should have the same functions as before, even if they just call the built in ones. Just to make porting scripts / mods from A2 to A3 easier.

New build with temporary signatures from SIX network.

Fixes small issues with the XEH config, no other components yet.

http://www.multiupload.nl/6MKGC0J7V9

Also up on Play withSIX.

Edited by Sickboy

can someone explain what this is to me

A mod/addon that allows a variety of new functions, tools, and other things for mod/mission makers to use. Many popular mods required it in Arma 2, and will likely be the same in Arma 3.

Hi.

First of all, thanks for releasing this so quickly. What would we do without Extended Eventhandlers :)

Anyway, since I installed CBA on our dedicated, some missions won't start...

Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.

cba_a3_xeh

I tried to reproduce this with test missions (placing various units/objects) but was not able to do so.

One mission, that is affected by this, and will not start at all, is "Death by Moonlight" from nkenny's Mission Fourpack. The other missions from said pack are starting without a problem.

Hi.

First of all, thanks for releasing this so quickly. What would we do without Extended Eventhandlers :)

I tried to reproduce this with test missions (placing various units/objects) but was not able to do so.

One mission, that is affected by this, and will not start at all, is "Death by Moonlight" from nkenny's Mission Fourpack. The other missions from said pack are starting without a problem.

Hi and NP :)

Try the updated build alpha 2-3: http://www.multiupload.nl/6MKGC0J7V9

Oops... I thought i had the latest - it's working now - thanks! :thumbsup:

Thx alot Sickboy, Sir!

this backward-compatibility makes ArmA one of the best games in the whole wide gaming-world

anyone seen Sahrani back in ArmA3 already? ;)

Thx alot Sickboy, Sir!

this backward-compatibility makes ArmA one of the best games in the whole wide gaming-world

anyone seen Sahrani back in ArmA3 already? ;)

I have. No idea if it's from ArmA I or II, as I do believe a version was custom-made for II. If the islands can be ported, I hope the content can be too. Being able to play all of the official ArmA stuff under this new hood would be phenomenal. The new animation system would make Harvest Red feel like a newer, fresher campaign.

so when looking at the dev-heaven info what parts work and what doesnt? i.e which functions..

Is there a Dev-Heaven page for Arma3 CBA yet? Just curious because I would like to follow the development. Cheers. :)

I have followed instructions to the letter yet the CBA add on does not show its logo when I gaet in game. Does it mean it is not working?

Need some help Thanks

I have followed instructions to the letter yet the CBA add on does not show its logo when I gaet in game. Does it mean it is not working?

Need some help Thanks

Yeah, I can't get this going either. I've put the @CBA directory and @sthud directory in my Arma 3 directory, enabled them on the launch options, and still it's not working. I don't get that little CBA logo next to my menu in the game.

cZ5FUBj.png

Need some help Thanks

I don't think ArmA3 has this feature like ArmA2 does. Or CBA3 isn't set up for it. It does work however without showing anything (check your log for anything involving XEH).

I do see the CBA logo when the game starts. I just used PwS to add the startup option.. along with sthud and the noblur

I used the ingame "Epansions" menu to activate CBA instead of using the Steam launch options, restarted the game as prompted, and now another entry appeared along with the @CBA folder: "Community Base Addons (Take on Helicopters)"...

Should I activate that one too? Is this normal?

Yay!

I used the ingame "Epansions" menu to activate CBA instead of using the Steam launch options, restarted the game as prompted, and now another entry appeared along with the @CBA folder: "Community Base Addons (Take on Helicopters)"...

Should I activate that one too? Is this normal?

Yay!

Doesn't anyone of the mod devs have the answer? I have some problems with the "Expansions" tab, and I can't understand if that double CBA entry eith TOH is relevant...

Yay!

The CBA modfolder for A3 is @CBA_A3 and is the only modfolder that should be loaded. CBA TOH, CO, A2, OA are all irrelevant.

The mod should be identified as "Community Base Addons: CO (A3 Alpha)" ingame.

The CBA modfolder for A3 is @CBA_A3 and is the only modfolder that should be loaded. CBA TOH, CO, A2, OA are all irrelevant.

The mod should be identified as "Community Base Addons: CO (A3 Alpha)" ingame.

I'll make a screen as soon as I get home, but I have two entries ingame, one labeled @CBA and the other "Community Base Addons: CO (Take on Helicopeters)"... Mods requiring this are working fine though, so I guess everything is ok anyways?

I didn't activate it via Steam launch options, but directly from the Extension Tab: could this be the issue?

Yay!

Sounds more like you have the wrong (non A3) package, best delete the CBA modfolders and grab the CBA_A3 modfolder from this thread

Sounds more like you have the wrong (non A3) package, best delete the CBA modfolders and grab the CBA_A3 modfolder from this thread
I'm pretty sure I had the right version, but I will do as you suggest as soon as I get home...

Thanks for the support!

Yay!

I noticed that saving a mission in the editor adds the extended eventhandlers as a dependant mod to the mission file, which is probably not intended.

A simple fix is to load the sqm into a text editor and manually removing the cba_a3_xeh dependency..