Sign in to follow this  
antoineflemming

ArmA3 Tweaks request

Anyone who's had the time to spend tweaking ArmA 3, is there any way to force grass off or at least force it to the lowest clutter setting in MP? Grass in this game is killing my FPS badly.

Also, offtopic, but anyone know if there is a way for ArmA3 to detect the additional buttons on the Logitech M705 mouse?

Mods, please make a Tweaks thread and add this post to it.

I don't think a tweaks thread during alpha would be much use. Maybe during the beta when it's closer to being released but with the amount of coding that could change it may be detrimental towards users to use any major tweaking.

I do believe that grass distance/amount is locked to prevent unfair advantage in multiplayer games, however play with the terrain quality setting. Does that make any difference for you?

Also what is your average FPS in SP and MP? What hardware are you using?

Maybe even a "what setting have the greatest impact on preformance" would be good.

well yea masterfrag we just need to say hey unoptimised for most things and things could be better cause i have noticed hardly any frame rate improvement by changing settings at all and the cpu ussage is so low its a bottle neck to the gpu. my fans for my 7970 will not even turn on for the game. my cpu stays at 15 percent totally usage with every thing running on my comp. so ether cpu is verry optmised which i dought cause this is a sim with thousands of math equasions going off so no way its not going to use more then 8 percent of one 4 gig cpu core. so i say gpu and cpu needs to be tweaked and fixed

I don't know if you've done this already but disable threaded optimization on your graphics card. This gave me a huge FPS boost, same as ArmA2.

Anyone who's had the time to spend tweaking ArmA 3, is there any way to force grass off or at least force it to the lowest clutter setting in MP? Grass in this game is killing my FPS badly.

Also, offtopic, but anyone know if there is a way for ArmA3 to detect the additional buttons on the Logitech M705 mouse?

Mods, please make a Tweaks thread and add this post to it.

1. If mission designed implemented such a script for it, can be done, or if server allows a client addon for it. Otherwise, it can't be forced.

2. offtopic: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=5489