k3lt

Low CPU utilization & Low FPS

Same issue here. The problem started with APEX for me.

After some time the FPS break instantly down to 3 FPS and all the textures and models are broken, like all the others here already have described.

I am playing on a MP Server on Tanoa.

It looks like the problem only happens on Tanoa but i am not completely sure about it.

Testet with and without profilling branch.

My System:

- Windows 10 64bit

- Intel i7-4790k

- 16GB RAM

- Nvidia GTX660 (latest driver)

• Like 1

I have a lot of drop in FPS arma3 , locked and low fps ..

Any tips to make the best game?

thx!

I have a lot of drop in FPS arma3 , locked and low fps .. Any tips to make the best game ?

My PC:

Motherboard : ASRock Z97 Extreme4

Processor: Intel Core i5-4670K @ 3.40GHz
Water Cooler : Corsair Hydro Series H80i
Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 1866MHz 2x 8GB
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming
Source : Corsair 750W RM750 Plus Gold
SSD Kingston HyperX 3K 240GB
HDD: Seagate Barracuda SATA III 1TB 7200
Case: Corsair Carbide 300R Windowed Series®
1 Monitor : BenQ RL2455HM 24 1920x1080 60Hz
2 Monitor: LG HDTV 24 M2431 1366x768 60Hz
Headphone and Microphone: Superlux HD681 + Zalman Zm Mic1
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro x64

Pre Apex release on Sneak Preview:

Best performance in Arma 3 I've ever had, solved the stuttering I suffered before by switching to SSD, solid 30-40 FPS (which I am happy with).

Post Apex release:

Stuttering is back, FPS is still supposedly 35 but stutters literally every 2 seconds down to sometimes 8, no matter whats happening or what I'm doing.

I mean I know my setup isn't great but performance on sneak preview was amazing, now it's unplayable. What the hell happened, and how can I fix this / when will this be fixed?

AMD Phenom X4 965

Radeon 7770
8 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 RAM
256 GB Samsung 750 EVO SSD

• Like 1

Ran the Profiling Trace version and it lasted 4 hours.  :)   After that it just hard froze.

Tried typing the Left-Shift + NumPad Minus + "frame", but it wouldn't respond. Total lock out. Will try again another day.

Frame rate has dropped dramatically since update.  Also I noticed quite a few people where getting banned for signature time out issues.  Then I managed to get banned from my own server.  I run absolutely no mods.  Bog standard Arma.  Not sure if they are all connected but everything was fine prior to update :(

Got same problem, game got pretty worst and now in KOH after playing for a time the frames go to 3-4fps and dont leave, need to restart game. I Know its a fucking old engine but cmon...

I have this same problem,  after about 20 mins of game play I see the trees start to vanish and flicker in an out of view on the landscape frame rate drop and my units starts to twitch uncontrollably....This game does not seem to have any middle ground, it either runs like (Bernard Manning with Asthma) or it runs smooth.  If i come out the game and wait a few mins then restart the game re-sets its self.

1.Intel Core i7-4770K 3.50GHz Core @ 4.3GHz  (Haswell) Socket LGA1150 Processor - OEM
 2.Corsair Hydro H100i High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler.
 3.Kingston HyperX 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-17100C11 2133MHz Dual Channel Kit.

4.Corsair Obsidian 750D Full Tower Case - Black.
 5. Asus nvidea gforce gtx970
 6 850 watts silent pro.

7 OS windows10/ 64.

8.750 SSD Samsung Pro.

Got same problem, game got pretty worst and now in KOH after playing for a time the frames go to 3-4fps and dont leave, need to restart game. I Know its a fucking old engine but cmon...

Your post is an example of something that isn't helpful or constructive. Instead, I recommend following the steps in Dwarden's post to help BIS track down the cause of the problem so they can fix it.

Guys. He needs the some files from you all to fix this.

Just trying the profiling version and not getting him the resources he needs afterwards after is a waste of time. Want it fixed? Get him all the files he's asking for after you have any issues.

• Like 1

Apex Protocol missions run very smooth on 2560p resolution and distance 3000 with constant 60 fps but game is almost unplayable on any other server with custom missions. I have 25 fps and sometimes it drops to 2 fps on 1920p and distance 2000. Please give the mission developers a tool which shows where problem with fps performance is, which part of game affects on fps.

Questions regarding the feedback-tracker:

1. Should we create a new task or add it to any existing (if yes any preference?)
  2. I can't post it to the feedback-tracker because I do not get my verification email - any known issues with this?

Otherwise I can send/upload the files (crashdumps + bugged & unbugged "frame" output)

i posted about this on the windows 10 forums but sadly nothing helpful has been posted!

im trying to diagnose and sort this problem im having when playing KOTH or even Wasteland etc etc

i dunno whats happening but it completely messes up my FPS! causing major stuttering and freezing for a couple of seconds as well as my FPS dipping from the 40-ish area to 12-16-22 etc, i cant play for more than 30-40 minutes straight without encountering the problem!

here is a snippet of what happens when my performance dips in A3
ojJApll.png

as you can see my hard drive is taken over by system (PID 4) and other background / normal processes like taskhostw.exe etc and i dunno why this is!

majority of other games i play im completely fine wtih... however with arma i have problems! and considering arma is CPU and Hard disk Heavy, i kinda need all that performance in order to maintain 60+FPS

anyone got any tips in order for this to stop ?

Hello all,

I am trying to get into Arma 3 after falling in love with the gameplay and style of the new Apex content.

However, I am experiencing strange performance from what I would consider a decent rig. I have tried a few fixes but nothing seems to be working. I was hoping someone would have a suggestion or at least be able to confirm that this is not normal performance. 

My rig is below:

i7 4790k @ 4.5

980ti SLI (tried single and SLI)

16gb ram @1866

SSD

All watercooled.

The server is (Official) Invade and Annex TOA: Apex Edition (60 player max)

Average FPS 20.

Every match after about 30 minutes it drops to 2 fps.

Settings I have tried are Auto/ultra/high/Standard. With Auto providing the best results.

Dropping the view distance to even 1000 only provides a couple frames improvement and still eventually drops to 2 fps.

Tried following some tutorials with the launch parameters including settting cores, mem, vram, and system with no improvements.

Anti virus is off, no conflicting software on, all drivers up to date. 

GPU utilization is 30% each card in SLI or 45% on single card.

CPU utilization hovers from 20% to 30%

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

try it in single player. If it gets good FPS then the server hardware is inadequate for the mission, or the mission itself is crappily coded to the point where it affects performance. In that case, find another server that has lower playercount, better hardware, or a different mission altogether.

• Like 1

Just wanted to chime in, i created a separate thread not knowing that this thread describes the issues i am having. As a newer player i thought this was just an issue on my end but maybe it's this bug instead. I will try to figure out how trace it for the developer. thanks

• Like 1

Yes, as the above post said-it may be the server. As you said you are a new player-there are dozens of threads about performance in Arma3, I suggest having a read of some.

But for now a god way to test actual performance is to go into the editor and spawn in a single unit. Then start walking around in different parts of the island testing different graphics settings. Arma3 is a very CPU intensive game-but i see you have a very good system. The main thing in graphics settings that will destroy framerate is view distance and object view distance settings.A lot of people try to keep them  at  somewhere around 3000mtrs, and a bit less for object view distance-say about 2000-this will give you a wonderful view distance and optimal performance in most scenarios.

Often if you are getting poor performance it is due to a bad server-it may be overpopulated or running a huge amount of performance heavy scripts etc.

From what you describe it sounds like the server is the issue. My girlfriend actually has the exact same PC setup as you and she easily runs any singleplayer scenario at 60fps on Ultra settings-so your rig is more than capable :)

Do have a look at some of the optimisation threads and guides-there is plenty of tweaking that can be done, or contact me by private message. We really don't need another new thread on this issue :)

What FPS when came on the server, after 10-15 minutes?

I had the same problem only with weaker rig. I heard that people have similar problems but I didn't found any answers on the internet, so since I have Windows 10 I used option to reinstall them and after that everything was fine. I don't know if that is the problem for you.

The server is (Official) Invade and Annex TOA: Apex Edition (60 player max)

Average FPS 20.

Every match after about 30 minutes it drops to 2 fps.

@representttx, was that server named: [Official] Invade & Annex #01 (NA-US) Tanoa by chance?  Because the same thing happened to me last evening on that server. It bogged down to 2 fps after about 20-30 minutes of play.

I am running the Profiling version of ArmA3 now to see if I can help out the devs pinpoint this problem. This thread--> Arma 3 STABLE server 1.62 "performance binary" feedback

• Like 1

Yeah i get frame rates drops too, and after about 20 minutes of game play the landscape or screen begins to spasm and jerk the guy i click on to jerks and spasms makes it impossible to aim at all, this is ridiculous, i wont be buying the er new expansion because it seem with every update the game gets worse?

Yeah i get frame rates drops too, and after about 20 minutes of game play the landscape or screen begins to spasm and jerk the guy i click on to jerks and spasms makes it impossible to aim at all, this is ridiculous, i wont be buying the er new expansion because it seem with every update the game gets worse?

An alternative approach would be to follow Dwarden's steps in the earlier post to 1) install the Profiling version of the executable and 2) submit FRAME captures to BIS so they can track down the cause of the problem and then fix it. They will fix it, but only when they're able to figure out the cause.

@representttx, was that server named: [Official] Invade & Annex #01 (NA-US) Tanoa by chance?  Because the same thing happened to me last evening on that server. It bogged down to 2 fps after about 20-30 minutes of play.

I am running the Profiling version of ArmA3 now to see if I can help out the devs pinpoint this problem. This thread--> Arma 3 STABLE server 1.62 "performance binary" feedback

Yes that is EXACTLY the server!

I love the missions and community in that server but the 20-30 minutes drop to 2fps is killing the entire experience. Thank you for profiling the issue for the devs, i will do the same this weekend when i have a little spare time. 

• Like 1

Just got my 1080 and thought itd be nice to try out Apex on ultra graphics.

Well turns out I get about 20-30 fps on ultra 1440p,

Then I tried turning down the settings to all low, fps went up by like 5-10 so it hovers around 35 now, still nowhere near playable.

so what gives?

i5-2500K 3.30GHz

16 GB RAM

GTX 1080

Also I get about 50-60 fps in editor with everything ultra, which is still lower than ive seen benchmark results.

edit: ive also tried these low fps fixes, neither of which did anything

Is FRAME captures during multiplayer session valid? Or should it be captured in the editor?