k3lt

Low CPU utilization & Low FPS

Hi guys, i had a similar problem. Sometimes co-op game runs normally and im playing at ~30 fps without kicks, but sometimes my fps drops to 2-7,then i got "kicked off the game", server says at that moment - signature check timed out, installation the latest GPU driver version doest not resolve  the problem.
My hardware -
phenom x4 840 3.2 ghz
4gm ram
nvidia gt 440
win 10pro x64
There are rpt and crush dump files:
http://rgho.st/8dK2MgdqV

4gm ram

nvidia gt 440

The bottleneck in your PC. RAM minimum 8 GB is necessary.

GPU too weak.

The bottleneck in your PC. RAM minimum 8 GB is necessary.

GPU too weak.

If the problem in my pc, then why sometimes game runs normally, without any drops or kicks?

So any one able to tell me if they have actually made any progress on optimizing this yet?.

My bet is no but thought I would ask befor I waste time etc installing it.

thanks

So any one able to tell me if they have actually made any progress on optimizing this yet?.

My bet is no but thought I would ask befor I waste time etc installing it.

thanks

The 1.62 update coming in 3 weeks runs a bit better. But dont' bother installing if you're expecting some magical constant 60fps.

If the problem in my pc, then why sometimes game runs normally, without any drops or kicks?

At the start arma3.exe uses 2GB of RAM. During the game, the amount of RAM increases to 3-3.5Gb. What remains with you for the operating system ?

I have, in the course of the game, the total amount of RAM occupied 7-8Gb (Win10 \ 64 + Arma3).

Same problems - only a matter of time before fps slows to abt 5, with flw in .rpt

17:11:43 VM busy 4081557504 B (reserved 243150848 B, committed 3838406656 B, mapped 456933376 B, free 213278720 B

17:11:43 Small mapped regions: 41, size 180224 B

17:11:43 Virtual memory total 4095 MB (4294836224 B

17:11:43 Virtual memory free 203 MB (213344256 B

17:11:43 Physical memory free 6213 MB (6514864128 B

17:11:43 Page file free 16150 MB (16934641664 B

17:11:43 Process working set 2964 MB (3108921344 B

17:11:43 Process page file used 3115 MB (3267313664 B

17:11:43 Longest free VM region: 8388608 B

------

And todays client .rpt - note line 3 was not in yesterdays .rpt - note i removed the ")" after "B" as the board thinks its an emotion.

22:14:58 VM busy 4100583424 B (reserved 233115648 B, committed 3867467776 B, mapped 396660736 B, free 194252800 B

22:14:58 Small mapped regions: 68, size 303104 B

22:14:58 Fresnel k must be >0, given n=2.51,k=0

22:14:59 Virtual memory total 4095 MB (4294836224 B

22:14:59 Virtual memory free 185 MB (194318336 B

22:14:59 Physical memory free 10993 MB (11527299072 B

22:14:59 Page file free 16923 MB (17745244160 B

22:14:59 Process working set 648 MB (679960576 B

22:14:59 Process page file used 3201 MB (3357458432 B

22:14:59 Longest free VM region: 4915200 B

Make sure your graphics software is up to date. If this happened only a couple of times a PC restart sometimes helps.

I suggest also playing around with the video settings. Lower some settings or remove some checks. Sometimes its only one little thing that caused these issues and the graphics will be effected very much. Good Luck.

I getting a steady fps with not much drops. Take a look for yourselves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPxevWa8CKk

I'm new to this game and I can't get over to 27 fps at the lowest settings, what can I do?

i5 3470

R9 280 4gig

8G RAM

SSD

Win 10

Well, your rigs are smilalr to mine, but i have more ram, you got more memory on GPU - resoult is the same. Game is shitty optimalised, nothing we can do. We can only wait for Arma 4. Developers are making some optimalisations teps, but all those steps could give us max 10 FPS more (i guess), beacuse, all problem is in Game low level code. If developers would decide to modify it, most of assets, functions would stop working. Off course, i dont defend them - its their own fault, they didnt fixed this before they start to create more assets for game, i'm sure they knew their plan, and knew this gonna be much performance eater. But for now there is nothing we can do, except waiting. Its little shame, i buyed Apex, spent for it more money than on normal Arma 3 (no dlc's) and I (we) cant comfortable play it.

I am currently testing a possible "Minimum" requirements candidate rig.

Intel Pentium G4500
GTX 750 Ti 2Go [Gigabyte GV-N75TOC-2GL [Gigabyte GV-N75TOC-2GL Low Profile]
Crucial DDR4 2 x 4 Go 2133 MHz CAS 15
Gigabyte GA-B150M-D3H
SSD Samsung 840 EVO 256 Go

Using  1400x900 monitor for game display and 1250x800 for tools display
Note : Having a "small" monitor for game display is of course helping to get high FPS level

Tests are done with 3500m visibility on "Very High" overall quality
Water Reflexions on "Standard"
FSAA 4x and FXAA "High"

Tests done on 1.60 Main
On Stratis Helo' Arma3Mark, I am getting 45 FPS
On Greenfist's YAAB, I am getting 27 FPS
In my Helo run test, I am getting a 100% GPU and 100% CPU usage on 2 cores when flying over water.
In game, in my own SP test mission and in MP on a Coop "Liberation" mission as well, I am playing in the 20/40 FPS range.

In short, having 100% CPU utilization seems a bit off topic, but it's easy to achieve on a well built Pentium G 4500 Dual core.

What is nice is that 100% CPU usage is no more crashing the game.

The results are quite stable I have done a 24 hrs run on my test mission, always at a high level of CPU usage without any problem.

Speaking about optimization, a lot have been done since Alpha B)

Visual Upgrade has added some more load

Additional jobs done since this release, their effects being visible on Sneak Preview and 1.63 Dev version help to get back to a better level of performances.

But, new "Water reflections" can cut 10 FPS as is still doing FSAA 8X .

hi I am new to arma 3 but every time I try to play something other than boot camp it recommends playing boot camp first but when I say no it just stays there. so I looked it up and it says to add this \Documents\Arma 3\<GameProfileName>.Arma3Profile: bootCampWarning = 1; to game files or something like that but I don't understand how or where to put it or how to fix the problem.

hi I am new to arma 3 but every time I try to play something other than boot camp it recommends playing boot camp first but when I say no it just stays there. so I looked it up and it says to add this \Documents\Arma 3\<GameProfileName>.Arma3Profile: bootCampWarning = 1; to game files or something like that but I don't understand how or where to put it or how to fix the problem.

Go to "My Documents" on your computer. Then, "Arma 3" (or, "Arma 3 - Other Profiles"  and the folder that is the name of your current profile if you aren't using the default profile in Arma).

You should see a file... for example, "isiahmora63.Arma3Profile". Open that with a text editor (i.e. notepad++). You can do a search within the document for "bootCampWarning=1". If it isn't there, add it somewhere on it's own line (but, not inbetween any block of code inside [], or {} brackets).

Save the file. Launch Arma.

bootCampWarning=1;

Make sure your graphics software is up to date. If this happened only a couple of times a PC restart sometimes helps.

I suggest also playing around with the video settings. Lower some settings or remove some checks. Sometimes its only one little thing that caused these issues and the graphics will be effected very much. Good Luck.

I getting a steady fps with not much drops. Take a look for yourselves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPxevWa8CKk

No-this is a well known error.It has nothing to do with temps or hardware.It is the game going from solid 60fps to 1 in a matter of seconds and it does not recover.

The issue was fixed-but it seems to be back again.Had it happen to me as well yesterday. 

Hopefully a new fix will be applied. If any of you are using custom mallocs I would suggest disabling them as that caused the issue last time.

I've been playing Apex preview for a few weeks. Ever since I started playing Apex it's unplayable as others have stated. Windows starts allocating page file, HDD usage goes up to 100% and game grinds to a halt. No matter what settings are being used. Textures and objects take forever to load in while HDD is swaping at 100%

Even If I set everything to lowest setting. Textures, view distance  and everything else to minimum it makes no difference in multiplayer. Even in the Editor HDD keeps spiking to 100% causing some stuttering.

Windows partition is defragmented, and scanned. No other software running in the background at the time screenshots were taken. Not even antivirus. Just Steam, Arma, Nvidia drivers, Riva statictics and HW info (turning off OSD makes no difference). System uses 600MB RAM on cold boot with most services disabled. Also no mods were used just vanilla A3

If I disable Page File HDD usage stays normal but game crashes with the lovely:

Arma_3_Apex_error.png

However If I leave Page File enabled this happens. Take a look at HDD usage compared to CPU and GPU usage. It gets a lot worse than this and game becomes a slideshow

Arma_3_Apex_FPS.png

I don't understand how game is able to use over 6GB of Page File if its 32-bit process. But then again whenever Im playing Arma theres a system process using same or more memory than Arma which I assume is Page File swapping

All of this leads me with 3 possible explanations

1. My HDD is dying and bottlenecking the system causing the freezing and stuttering hence I need SSD which will get killed anyway with all the writing to Page File

2. Apex is 64-bit hence I need more RAM

3. Some sort of memory leak

But since many people have this it's some kind of memory leak still I dont understand how the 32-bit game is able to swap so much memory. I mean the Operating System with Steam running uses 700MB RAM. What could possibly make Windows use the Page File so heavily?

To those that keep posting as if this is just a normal PC config optimization, please stop. This is a memory bug in a recent patch.

It exhibits itself by going into an extremely low framerate after some period of play time that varies. Only way to recover is to close the game and restart it. Windows shows it as a memory-related crash.

I'm sure BIS is aware and investigating because some of us have created crash reports on the feedback tracker.

• Like 2

I'm sure BIS is aware and investigating because some of us have created crash reports on the feedback tracker.

Pay attention, how many years and how many tons of official reports are sent to these tickets to their address. It is possible to write, at what stage a solution. It shouldn't be on the first place?

You imagine scales, how many people bought Arma3, and how many from them refused to be played.

I think a difference it will be visible on the date of Apex release. I assume that a half of the bought Arma3, Apex won't buy.

I receive a problem, and sometimes nervous experiences. Restart in 20 minutes - OK, in 30 minutes - OK. But this example not is suitable for everyone.

I sincerely sympathize with all who can't be reconciled with it.

Give people information when the issue is resolved.

P.S.

There is such joke. The food company makes experiment, production of sandwich-type oil from shit. In laboratory reports there was a record - "is smeared on bread already well, but the shit smell remained so far"

Excuse for sarcasm.

Pay attention, how many years and how many tons of official reports are sent to these tickets to their address. It is possible to write, at what stage a solution. It shouldn't be on the first place?

You imagine scales, how many people bought Arma3, and how many from them refused to be played.

While I can appreciate - and sometimes share - your frustration, just step back and consider your passionate position. For those of us who have been playing Arma and OFP beforehand, we've been here with frustrating bugs and crashes. Personally, I've experienced the dreaded PhysX crashes after one of the patches. And in OA, the move to version 2 signatures did not go smoothly as many of us were kicked off servers despite having the feature enabled.  It just takes awhile to track down the cause of such bugs and resolve. You can post all the frustration and general claims of "just think of all the Arma 3 Apex buyers" (which just sounds like "just think of the children") but it does absolutely no good.

If I had a tip to reduce the chances of the problem occurring, I'd share it. Others have suggested using a different memory allocator. Dunno if that works, but at least it's a constructive post with an attempt to resolve the problem. Other posts just come across as whining for no benefit.

It cannot be a game issue, otherwise EVERYONE would be seeing the same results in a drop in frame rates surely ? and that's not the case for many,  I also use razor cortex to shut down any background tasks not needed, it's never been an issue, on my specs I get between 44-80 FPS on Tanoa with "very high settings" and 5000 viewing distance, if I crank everything up to Ultra, and max the view distance, it drops to about 15-30 FPS.

It cannot be a game issue, otherwise EVERYONE would be seeing the same results in a drop in frame rates surely ? and that's not the case for many,  I also use razor cortex to shut down any background tasks not needed, it's never been an issue, on my specs I get between 44-80 FPS on Tanoa with "very high settings" and 5000 viewing distance, if I crank everything up to Ultra, and max the view distance, it drops to about 15-30 FPS.

Originally it was caused when the new lighting was released, mainly for people using custom mallocs.Dwarden spoke about it on DEv branch discussion thread.The issue was resolved however.But it seems to be happening again -but not as frequently..

Originally it was caused when the new lighting was released, mainly for people using custom mallocs.Dwarden spoke about it on DEv branch discussion thread.The issue was resolved however.But it seems to be happening again -but not as frequently..

I also use arma3sync with the default malloc from the game, never had these big FPS drops at all, I dont touch stuff I'm not familiar with, and memory allocators are up there lol

• Like 1

As at you everything is good. Who from you will show a screen of the monitor of resources where arma3.exe finished 3500 Mb, and a game picture on which FPS at least 30.

http://imgur.com/AncQxmI

The official report in which regularity of falling of FPS is specified.

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T118335

This question likely doesn't arise at players, in missions where game 5 on 5 players, and a slice of the island of 3 by 3 km.

Come on the server, mission of CTI where plays 20-30 players.

Why on earth cant it be a game issue ?? Cuz you dont see it ?? I do think we all know that not all sees this issue, as its ofc is dependent on several conditions. There are many different system demanding missions out there, there are different mods players use. But what can say is that i have not seen this out of memory problem before 1.58, and i see it now with same mods and mission as i use to play with.

Just dont think that there isnt a problem, just bec you dont have it. We all play different missions, if i only play 1hour at a time i would probably never see the problem myself.

For me its typical - Arma3.exe's memory use slowly increases and when it reaches around 3400000kb it will be a matter of minutes before fps dips to around 5-10 and if i dont quit here arma will crash with flw last in .RPT

20:19:38 DX11 error : CreateTexture failed : E_OUTOFMEMORY

20:19:38 CreateTexture failed : w = 2048, h = 1024, format = BC3_UNORM, err = E_OUTOFMEMORY.

20:19:38 Virtual memory total 4095 MB (4294836224 B)

20:19:38 Virtual memory free 119 MB (125669376 B)

20:19:38 Physical memory free 10824 MB (11350589440 B)

20:19:38 Page file free 21042 MB (22065086464 B)

20:19:38 Process working set 1096 MB (1149923328 B)

20:19:38 Process page file used 3406 MB (3572391936 B)

20:19:38 Longest free VM region: 6684672 B

20:19:38 VM busy 4169232384 B (reserved 239042560 B, committed 3930189824 B, mapped 245424128 B), free 125603840 B

20:19:38 Small mapped regions: 55, size 237568 B

20:19:38 VID: dedicated: 3221225472, shared 1073676288, system: 0, max: 2906652672, used: 2620141568

ErrorMessage: DX11 error : CreateTexture failed : E_OUTOFMEMORY

Originally it was caused when the new lighting was released...

When i believe we all used to enjoy the game back then,i'm now happy if i'm reaching 50fps tops with the same video settings unchanged since then (fps used to be 90ish) but i guess all we need is new content when we are not able to enjoy the existing one.

-Sgh