k3lt

Low CPU utilization & Low FPS

Seems to work. I am now using the Fred41 custom malloc.No Problems so far.

could you explain what the Fred41 custom malloc is? I believe i read somewhere on this thread that it gives a 25% fps boost or something which would be REALLY helpful for me! Not sure if what im thinking is true tho.

i havent touched arma 3 for a while, does this issue appear on SP aswell?

yes it happened to me when trying to play single player as well. 

Thank you very much for your help! Can we use the default system malloc again with the new .exe?

Edit: Game runs fine with default system malloc for 1 hour (rather than 10 minutes), after which fps still drops to 3 fps.

Thanks @Dwarden, I will give a try.

Thanks for your work!

Are you guys planning to release a hotfix/update for the current stable version?

I think it will be a fix for the stable version, as is specified in the yesterday SITREP:

• A group of users report severe performance degradation after some playtime. This appears to be an issue when using the system memory allocator. Most of these users confirm that the issue is solved by switching to another allocator (e.g. TBB4). Regardless, we believe we have a fix, and we're testing it in-house.
  • Like 1

OK, I played about 2 hours with the last fix from Dwarden, I used Fred41`s malloc and had no problems yet; thanks a lot.

OK, I played about 2 hours with the last fix from Dwarden, I used Fred41`s malloc and had no problems yet; thanks a lot.

Using perf v2 and system/tbbmalloc (no matter large pages are enabled or not), the fps degration has eased a bit. But the game is still running on low fps and stuttering heavily. I can see the game is struggling to load textures because textures are being loaded very slowly.

Helo guys, I had resolve this with tbb4malloc_bi; by now, runs well... :)

Helo guys, I had resolve this with tbb4malloc_bi; by now, runs well... :)

For a while!. As I stated before tbb4 deleys the problem and in CTI missions using the old warfare style the drop from 60 to 10 now happes after the third town not in the first.

And yes im using Dwardes alternative .exe

Fred41`s malloc still don't work for me , same as before severe degradation of performance. I thought it was fixed :(

-------------------------------------------

Update:  Works fine now :)

Thanks Dwarden!! New fix seems to work even better!! Looking forward for new updates like this.

Anyone on Dev branch?Is this still happening there?

The last update of Spotrep #00055 well works. Before updating, when Arma3.exe reached use of RAM=2000-2500mb, I received FPS 0-3.
Now Arma3.exe uses RAM=1500-2500mb FPS 50-90.

Increase of volume of RAM goes slowly, it keeps stable FPS 90-50. It long remains.
But in network game there is a problem.
In network game each 30 minutes restart of Arma3 is necessary. When Arma3.exe reaches use of RAM=3000-3200mb FPS 3-15. Productivity of CPU decreases. Increase of use of volume of RAM goes quickly, it quickly reduces FPS 40-3.

How to solve updating\release\expansion of volume of RAM, without loss of productivity of CPU?

I didn't try it yet - arma3client_performance_158_135773_v3

Tried it on Dev build 1.59. Played for 3 hours-no issues.

Tried it on Dev build 1.59. Played for 3 hours-no issues.

Network game?

I think he meant multiplayer. Using perf v3 binary, the game's performance in multiplayer is still inferrior when compared to 1.56.

Sent from my L50t using Tapatalk

Hello Guys,

I'd like to ask for any help, advice you can give me to solve my problem.

The last couple days I was trying to fix my Arma 3 FPS drop problems. I have a pretty decent cumputer. I am getting around 60-70 FPS on the menu and 40-50 ingame multiplayer.

But for some reason even when I start the game in the main menu my FPS drops hard every like 10 sec. In the menu it drops to 17 then goes back to normal and in game it drops to 9 and then back to normal. And this happens continously.

My computer is a:

AMD FX 8320 Eight-Core Proc 3.50 GHz

AMD Radeon R9 390

16 GB 2400 MHz RAM

1TB 7200rpm

Windows 7 64bit

I literally can not find any solution, I tried searching forums, google, watched many youtube videos... I followed every step of THIS one but no result, (tried disable parking, cleaning my pc, download several programs etc.) my FPS got slightly better but the drops are the same, even if I load an empty world I got 400 FPS it drops to 100 with the same time interval...

I think ARMA 3 is the best shooter game at the moment and I really like playing it, but this ruins everything.

Please if you can help me with my problem!

Thank you in advance,

Marcifer

If you have tried all the usual steps, then there is an issue I and others have had on occasion. It happens when the steam workshop gets stuck in a cycle of updating/downloading your subscribed content and while it does that it ruins your framerate.Check if steam is downloading anything and try playing it with steam in offline mode to see if fps improves.If it does, there is a thread showing how to resolve that issue.. It probably is not that-but it's worth checking.

Even after the hotfix, I still experience severe FPS drops (down to ~3fps) after playing multiplayer for long periods of time. It's accompanied by the 3d models in the game switching to low-poly versions. It appears to happen more often on servers running larger maps (e.g., Bornholm), but I've also experienced the problem on Chernarus with less frequency. Restarting the game always fixes the problem for a while, even if the server isn't restarted. Did not experience these issues prior to 1.58.

I've never used a custom memory allocator. Just to be sure, I've checked the parameters settings in the Arma 3 launcher and launch options in Steam. I don't use a third party launcher (e.g., A3Launcher or PlayWithSix).

Today, Arma 3 is just unplayable on any server, without mod but CUP. Several memory crashes, or FPS drops to 4 after windows restart. pings are as usual... NVIDIA driver 365.10.

Downgraded to NVIDIA 364.72. Much better!

Disregard. Today, the lag is coming back! 10 minutes and 2FPS.... That means CTRL ALT SUPPR. close Arma, go to play elsewhere at the end.

Hi lads, 

i write in this topic because i have problem that fits here. I have quite low load in CPU, GPU and RAM. My PC aint top - shelf, i am aware of that.

CPU i5 2500k non OCd

RAM  8GB at 1066mhz

GPU Radeon 7970 3GB

500GB hdd 7200 rpm.

Windows 10

all drivers up to date

Case - on both ULTRA and LOW i have something between 20-30 fps, with random cases of stutter and fps drops. Messing with settings doesnt seem to do anything. Arma 3 autodetects my PC and selects i ULTRA settings.

So far i tested variety of ingame  settings with no effect.

Disabled all background programs that werent essential.

Made sure there i s enough space on both system and game hard drive ( above 100 GB on each )

Checked running with advanced options ( cores, ex threads, HT ) that suggest 'it will fixit'.

Checked if steam is downloading something / patching in the background.

Used custom 'performance' exe for current patch.

Still i get 'barely' playable fps with stutters and it drives me nuts.

I am considering upgrading my PC but i am affraid it wont be fixed with it.

Any ideas what im missing? Upgrade suggestions?

will arma3 receives similiar performance improvements like dayz 0.60

or is that utterly out of the question?

if no such performance improvements planed for arma3. how does look like the future of the arma series?

will then the arma3 successor have better hardware utilization like, better multi-core support (will the AI calculation, physics and so on using more than 1 core), 64 bit, DirectX12 or Vulcan or both APIs

and if at all, a successror published. will it be called ArmA4 or will you chose a new business model like DCS World also with third Party developers?