k3lt

Low CPU utilization & Low FPS

Try giving the latest TBB4 a shot. I'm playing for over an hour now (SP) without any performance issues. Not saying this is a solution but it's working for me so far and might just be good enough as a workaround until BI finds out what's really going on. I'm using the precompiled binary version 4.4 Update 3.

Download link is here:

https://www.threadingbuildingblocks.org/download#stable-releases

This solution makes A3 at least playable for me until 20 minutes in when I get some odd "ground" error and then I lose FPS dramatically.  BUT, I can save & exit out, and re-open A3 and play where I left off.  At least it's a small temporary fix for me until the problem is solved...thanks Demon Cleaner.

Edit:  I noticed when there is heavy RAM usage, i. e. heavy reinforcements triggered, the FPS goes right to 1-3.  No matter how long I've been in-game.  Happened after a re-load 3 minutes in for example.

Further update: I applied the command line -malloc=tbb4malloc to my A3 shortcut and set my video settings to 'ultra' and my problems disappeared.  No more crashing nor 1-3 FPS lag after 10 minutes.  Complete stability thus far...this one's a head scratcher... 

This is happening to me as well. Someone with even a temporary fix please contact me.

When I use any malloc option besides malloc=system my game crashes after a couple minutes with an error stating: Status_Access_Violation.

So if I use the TBB4 malloc option my game crashes before the texture issue even has a chance to happen. I haven't been able to play Arma since the new update.

Please help!

After downloading the exe from dropbox link and removing all parameters the game runs fine for me. However, now when i try to play the campaign "wetwork" it crashes as soon as we load into the truck and start to drive. Crashes everytime with the memory cannot be read error.

I am also experiencing this issue as of update 1.58, i started playing on an mp server, but after several minutes (usually once i'm in a firefight), i drop to 3-5 fps and i become a floating t-shirt with no arms, legs or head, and nothing seems to fix this or stop this from happening.

Even know I posted this on the other thread it was meant to go here...

I don't know if this is the same issue as the "low fps" but when I get in game now not even 5-10mins the entire texture of my character model and things around me go bizarre which causes a huge fps drop. This wasn't until the recent patch. I usually get a solid 50+ in KOTH and 60+ on my Life servers. Here is a video of the issue. I've tried all the suggestions here and nothing works. Below there is a video of me running fine for about 20seconds of the video then you will notice that my textures seem to refresh then my fps just goes to nothing. I've tried multiple settings etc. (Just to be noted, I've never had graphical or crash issues with Arma 3).

https://www.youtube....eature=youtu.be    

Even know I posted this on the other thread it was meant to go here...

I don't know if this is the same issue as the "low fps" but when I get in game now not even 5-10mins the entire texture of my character model and things around me go bizarre which causes a huge fps drop. This wasn't until the recent patch. I usually get a solid 50+ in KOTH and 60+ on my Life servers. Here is a video of the issue. I've tried all the suggestions here and nothing works. Below there is a video of me running fine for about 20seconds of the video then you will notice that my textures seem to refresh then my fps just goes to nothing. I've tried multiple settings etc. (Just to be noted, I've never had graphical or crash issues with Arma 3).

https://www.youtube....eature=youtu.be    

Unfortunately it's the same problem described here, you're in the right place with this.

• Like 1

Same problem here, 2 fps after 5 minutes. Had not played for a few days and didn't notice the game got patched, first thought I had major hardware malfunctions. Maybe BI can put a news message in the launcher since this problem seems to be pretty common ?

Anyway, going to try all those fixes a few pages back now ...

I haven't had this problem (yet)

I tested using the 'System' Maloc in startup settings and had a similar result that after 5-10mins fps went down to unplayable (1ish)

So make sure you are NOT using System Maloc (memory allocator)

Tried different driver versions and in a match with no one around me I was running perfectly. I joined a match with 110 people in it, soon as I reach the AO it starts doing the texture glitch. Does it possibly have something to do with other player models? 

I play on a laptop, but its a fairly decent one. I have an i7 4720HQ 2.6ghz boost to 3.4ghz, nvidia gtx 980m 4G VRAM, 16G RAM. Ive been playing Arma 3 now for about 5-6 months and have never really had any troubles with it other than random crashes that anger me and the usual annoying fps drops/lower than expected fps. I run the game at above 30fps 99% of the time with 45fps+ being the usual on good servers. A few days ago I noticed the exact problem of playing for 10mins and then having fps just gradually drop every second until i end up at 0-3fps. I googled the problem exactly as it was (arma 3 fps drop after 10 min) and ended up here lol. I am a huge noob when it comes to Arma so I have no idea what all this talk of malloc and parameters mean or do. If that tbb4 thing or something else works, could someone please help me and give me simplified step by step instructions on how to properly fix this issue. Any help is greatly appreciated :D thanks!

Personally I would wait for a hotfix, if there is any coming? 1.58 is a terrible patch so many issues that went wrong. Flickering graphics, fps drops, animation issues. Couple of screen shots to show a few, no mods involved.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=672085356
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=670488310

I play on a laptop, but its a fairly decent one. I have an i7 4720HQ 2.6ghz boost to 3.4ghz, nvidia gtx 980m 4G VRAM, 16G RAM. Ive been playing Arma 3 now for about 5-6 months and have never really had any troubles with it other than random crashes that anger me and the usual annoying fps drops/lower than expected fps. I run the game at above 30fps 99% of the time with 45fps+ being the usual on good servers. A few days ago I noticed the exact problem of playing for 10mins and then having fps just gradually drop every second until i end up at 0-3fps. I googled the problem exactly as it was (arma 3 fps drop after 10 min) and ended up here lol. I am a huge noob when it comes to Arma so I have no idea what all this talk of malloc and parameters mean or do. If that tbb4 thing or something else works, could someone please help me and give me simplified step by step instructions on how to properly fix this issue. Any help is greatly appreciated :D thanks!

You want to read and understand this post:

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/190132-major-fps-drop-after-playing-10min/?p=3013267

Specifically read and understand the "To quickly DETAIL THE FIXES" before making any changes.

Optional step:

Try using the latest TBB4 memory allocator. Download link is here:

https://www.threadingbuildingblocks.org/download#stable-releases

I'm not going to step by step this one because downloading the correct archive depends on knowing your machine arch and installed software as well as replacing original files from your ArmA3 installation. Please understand that this might break your ArmA installation if done incorrectly and has not proven to actually solve any issues. I've done this purely out of curiosity and have since reverted back to the original files as the proposed fix is working for me regardless of whether or not I'm using the TBB4 replacement.

Same issue here. FPS drops to 0-5 after 10 minutes of multiplayer. Normally get 45 fps minimum on Ultra. I will do my best to PM some game logs later today.

i5 6600 Skylake

GTX 970 Phoenix 4GB

16 GB DDR4 2133MHz

MSI B150M Night Elf

Win 7 x64

10,000 views in 5 days :o  ..... it's a big issue. Any news from BI? .... I am missing to play ArmA. :756:

10,000 views in 5 days :o  ..... it's a big issue. Any news from BI? .... I am missing to play ArmA. :756:

have you tried the memory allocator, updated your drivers etc. As personally i have no issue with this release, 60 Fps in game. 

Some performance guides in the internet internet recomnend using -malloc=system so that's likely one of the reasons of so many reports. Use the TBB4 or no allocator so which is the same as using TBB because that's the default one.

have you tried the memory allocator, updated your drivers etc. As personally i have no issue with this release, 60 Fps in game. 

I play with the fix given by Dwarden, Tbb4BI and last nvidia driver, it works but with stutter, before patch 1.58, I had 30-45 fps average and now 23-25 with stutter ..... in combat situations. 

I hope this is not the only fix that we will get regarding this issue. Before this patch, I was using a custom allocator, this it is now impossible. And there are many who still have this problem.

i havent touched arma 3 for a while, does this issue appear on SP aswell?

Same problem

Processor Intel® Core i7-4820K CPU @ 3.70GHz
Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
RAM 16 GB

Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 (build 10586), 64-bit

Seems to work. I am now using the Fred41 custom malloc.No Problems so far.

• Like 1