k3lt

Low CPU utilization & Low FPS

I tried this fix, exactly as written on that topic with the same result: after 15 minutes gampley FPS drops below 5, unplayable for me. However, this fix is posted in a topic with a server problem, I have this problem in SP, like many others here.

Many people respect and appreciate work BIS. Here more emotion of people works for updatings in a weekend. Everyone understands. that it is necessary to expect correction. On Saturday, revival and Monday most likely will correct nothing. This regular practice bears fruit, in the form of expression of emotions.
I will leave the emotions in the form of reports on mistakes))). I used different parameters of start.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sa4gmjx30fbwewt/ArmaReport_Log_20160319T222044_Lex.zip?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0r7gcmlzlf0dsio/ArmaReport_Log_20160330T150657_Lex.zip?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/waxtqkvovq7h3nl/ArmaReport_Log_20160422T191243_Lex.zip?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/n13dm4xbi5jns97/ArmaReport_Log_20160422T221556_Lex.zip?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/sdhwn8uinotpnao/ArmaReport_Log_20160422T221624_Lex.zip?dl=0

I hope it will help to solve problems and will take not many time.

Can't relate to this.... I've been getting 75/80 fps on all ultra settings. On a busy server it may drop to 50, and I have tbb4malloc_bi as a startup parameter too.  :mellow:  ^_^

Ok, I tried this "fix", and after 15 min. of gameplay same problem occurred... 5 FPS ...

probably working just for servers...

note:

possible ways to force allocators (check if you not enforce the wrong one somewhere)

1. Arma 3 launcher (mentioned above)

2. startup parameters in STEAMclient game profile

3. custom command-line passed to STEAM via 3rd party launcher

in case you replaced the allocator files in past, recheck if they up-to-date

• Like 1

Good work bohemia!! For something that really gives you an improve in terms of performance in this game and you completely want to disable. I can not understand why. Hope you fix tbbmalloc custom allocator cause is the reasson to play this game decently, at least for me. Also have tried the given fix and it fix the issue of the major fps drod, but if I have to say bye bye to those extra +25% min fps is not a fix, sorry.

I tried this fix, exactly as written on that topic with the same result: after 15 minutes gampley FPS drops below 5, unplayable for me. However, this fix is posted in a topic with a server problem, I have this problem in SP, like many others here.

Ok so I have suffered this issue applied the fix and now it takes Arma 3 slightly longer to drop performance and then crash (taking my graphics driver with it.) would logs or anything else be helpful at this point? Do we have any specific driver versions impacted or configurations that might be bad or good? I have also tried clearing all parameters and running stock: same behavior. I have also had a look through the event viewer but have seen no events at the time of crashes. I have tried Multiple missions/mod resulting in similar behavior. Anyone got any ideas on a workaround or root cause as this has bricked my game.

I been playing Arma since 2005 and i'm not complaining about the game or the company, i'm saying that dont ruse shit, i get up in the morning and start downloading update,then having problem with the fps drop in may mision that i'm making, so i start to look at if something wrong with the mods or the script i have fix then all of the sudden i start deletes and fixing when it's not my mission that is wrong with.

And no it's no fix in this thread, change something in the parameters is not a fix.

Good work bohemia!! For something that really gives you an improve in terms of performance in this game and you completely want to disable. I can not understand why. Hope you fix tbbmalloc custom allocator cause is the reasson to play this game decently, at least for me. Also have tried the given fix and it fix the issue of the major fps drod, but if I have to say bye bye to those extra +25% min fps is not a fix, sorry.

I will edit my post to account for the fact that people can have custom memory allocators forced via Steam launch parameters, shortcuts to the arma3.exe and also via custom arma launchers.

The issue truly is the fact that people were using non-default memory allocators, so if you can remove the custom memory allocator for the time being, this will eventually be hotfixed and you may be able to use your custom memory allocator once again.

While I see your point that it shouldn't be up to the user to fix a game that costs money, it is however the users responsibility to maintain WORKING launch parameters as BIS cannot do that for you. If you have set custom parameters and they no longer work, then you remove those custom parameters and it DOES work, then I would call that a fix.

As I say above, they will eventually fix the custom memory allocator bug, they are currently collecting any LOGS (.bidmp, .minidump and .rpt) in order to work out an actual hotfix to push to all users so they might be able to re-enable custom memory allocators in the near future.

If you have some logs (LOCATION of logs can be found in the above hyperlink) then SUBMIT THEM via PM to Razazel or Dwarden (Or both) so they can begin working on this!

HOLD TIGHT. They are working on it.

• Like 3

Sorry but If we use this hotfix can we then use Fred41 allocator solution? Or should we just forget about it?

I too would also like to know if BI is planning on hotfixing the issue so we can use custom/3rd party mallocs? I know the one i use (that many use) adds anywhere from 10-20fps universally in Arma3.

As I say above, they will eventually fix the custom memory allocator bug, they are currently collecting any LOGS (.bidmp, .minidump and .rpt) in order to work out an actual hotfix to push to all users so they might be able to re-enable custom memory allocators in the near future.

HOLD TIGHT. They are working on it.

I truly hope so or else it will be a big disappointment

And also I would like to know if you are a part of the development team or a forum member with some more knowledge regarding memory allocators.

I too would also like to know if BI is planning on hotfixing the issue so we can use custom/3rd party mallocs? I know the one i use (that many use) adds anywhere from 10-20fps universally in Arma3.

Me too....

Why to let out DEV the version and RC? With the DEV and RC version servers aren't present. Opportunity to check work to release isn't present. Now all problems in release.
I have two folders, Arma3 and Arma3dev(rc). I can always check work of the current corrections. I can't check as game on the server behaves.  
There is a plan at BIS to correct this situation?

Today in two hours of game, I eight times left about servers and restart of Arma3. The reason - falling of FPS 0-3, isn't present opportunity to continue game.
I tried different options to correct it (offers of this subject).
Each option gives "plus-minus" of 20 minutes of playing time.
So at all players on the server.

Hello...

I got this same today. 30 fps then 20 10 1 and 0!

Bi Please Fix this and the Difficultry system too its can not be normal that my server Ignoerde this changes so much... :(

I truly hope so or else it will be a big disappointment

And also I would like to know if you are a part of the development team or a forum member with some more knowledge regarding memory allocators.

I'm simply a player who has always had a lot of issues with arma crashes, lag, etc and as such I have become well informed.

I am not part of the dev team.

Hello all,

I have been having the same issue for the past hours, with no apparent solution. While I was playing with no problems @35fps, suddenly they dropped to 9-10 and stayed there. I tried the fixed .exe, no luck, it just made the game crash.

I was about to call it a night when I thought to test out my video settings. And there I found something interesting: I have my game set to Fullscreen Windowed. I logged into an Exile server, loaded up, got ~10fps. At best. I went to my video settings and changed from Fullscreen Windowed to Windowed, and BAM, 35fps!

I alt-tabbed out of the game to report my findings on my buddy in Discord, and when I alt-tabbed back, frames dropped to ~10. Well, I went straight to the options and switched again, this time from Windowed to Fullscreen Windowed, again frames jumped to 35 almost instantly!

Unfortunately I couldn't stay in the game long enough to test if they would still have dropped after a while, I do not know if that happens with vanilla ArmA3, nor I am able to provide logs, it's already 6AM here and I can barely stand up straight.

I will do some more testing when I wake up, in the meantime those of you who still face issues can give it a try!

Hello all,

I have been having the same issue for the past hours, with no apparent solution. While I was playing with no problems @35fps, suddenly they dropped to 9-10 and stayed there. I tried the fixed .exe, no luck, it just made the game crash.

I was about to call it a night when I thought to test out my video settings. And there I found something interesting: I have my game set to Fullscreen Windowed. I logged into an Exile server, loaded up, got ~10fps. At best. I went to my video settings and changed from Fullscreen Windowed to Windowed, and BAM, 35fps!

I alt-tabbed out of the game to report my findings on my buddy in Discord, and when I alt-tabbed back, frames dropped to ~10. Well, I went straight to the options and switched again, this time from Windowed to Fullscreen Windowed, again frames jumped to 35 almost instantly!

Unfortunately I couldn't stay in the game long enough to test if they would still have dropped after a while, I do not know if that happens with vanilla ArmA3, nor I am able to provide logs, it's already 6AM here and I can barely stand up straight.

I will do some more testing when I wake up, in the meantime those of you who still face issues can give it a try!

Have you removed -malloc= and/or unticked the option from the arma 3 launcher?

This does seem to fix things for the majority of people. I started playing yesterday and had the same issue-I was on DEV 1.59. Then I switched to stable 1.58 , removed the malloc and everything was fine.

This does seem to fix things for the majority of people. I started playing yesterday and had the same issue-I was on DEV 1.59. Then I switched to stable 1.58 , removed the malloc and everything was fine.

Using tbb4 or no malloc only delays the problem. CTI multiplayer missions are suffering currently in particular, as one needs to restart the whole game all 30-45 minutes to get fps above 10 back. The low fps will stay even in menu screen until a clean programm restart, Smells a lot like a massive software side memory leak.

The problem of framerates sudently dropping from 60 to 10 in MP and SP under some conditions was first introduced in 1.56, but now in 1.58 it is very frequent

Using tbb4 or no malloc only delays the problem. CTI multiplayer missions are suffering currently in particular, as one needs to restart the whole game all 30-45 minutes to get fps above 10 back. The low fps will stay even in menu screen until a clean programm restart, Smells a lot like a massive software side memory leak.

The problem of framerates sudently dropping from 60 to 10 in MP and SP under some conditions was first introduced in 1.56, but now in 1.58 it is very frequent

It has been around for a lot longer than that. I recall having similar issues back when fred41 first released his custom memory allocator.

I haven't had any issues at all since removing the memory allocator parameter, with 8-10 hours gameplay. I also have an army of people on my communities' servers who can confirm it is working for them. (We have been stress testing on a variety of different mission files, also. [such as king of the hill, Altis Life, modded Life servers as well as NPC heavy missions.])

Hello, sorry for the late reply,

I never had changed that setting from default.

Edit: tested it a bit more, switching mode is only a workaround, works for me for a couple of minutes, then FPS drop until I switch again.

However, it can prove useful if for example one gets this issue in the middle of a game (in exile, epoch etc), it should give him enough time to secure his vehicle, find a safe spot, and log out.

Try giving the latest TBB4 a shot. I'm playing for over an hour now (SP) without any performance issues. Not saying this is a solution but it's working for me so far and might just be good enough as a workaround until BI finds out what's really going on. I'm using the precompiled binary version 4.4 Update 3.

Download link is here:

https://www.threadingbuildingblocks.org/download#stable-releases

• Like 1

After 10 minutes of the game FPS drops to 3 and the card starts to be used by 5-10% ...
I tried everything that is possible.
I set 1.56 - crash to start (The memory could not be written).
1.58 (stable) without allocator memory  - crash after 10 minutes.
1.58 (stable) to TBB4 - crash after 5 minutes.
1.58 (135689_v1 Performance profiling build) without allocator memory - crash after 10 minutes.
1.58 (135689_v1 Performance profiling build) with TBB4 - crash after 5 minutes.

There are more options to solve this problem?

Try giving the latest TBB4 a shot. I'm playing for over an hour now (SP) without any performance issues. Not saying this is a solution but it's working for me so far and might just be good enough as a workaround until BI finds out what's really going on. I'm using the precompiled binary version 4.4 Update 3.

Download link is here:

I have about 4 hours of gameplay with the fix given by Dwarden and no more FPS drop, anyway not so dramatic drop, it is not the performance as with the Fred41`s allocator; tbb4-bi is working but with lag. I trust in the BI guys, I am an ArmAholic from the beginning and I know well that it will be a solution soon.

• Like 1

Please BI let us use custom memory allocators again!! Please !!! :b:

Download link is here:

How to use it? In detail, it will be good.

How to use it? In detail, it will be good.

Just don't use any Malloc launch parameter. Pretty much if you don't know it you likely don't even use any and TBB4 is a default one so it's used.