k3lt

Low CPU utilization & Low FPS

Is Fred41 still around? Someone should contact him maybe he can fix this issue :(

Negative, he's not around anymore ... that's the sad part ... :/

Hell guys,

thank you all very much for your feedback.

As mentioned before, if anyone is experiencing the crashes, please PM me a link for download (please try to really use the PM so I know about the new crashdumps faster). To those who have already sent those, another thanks we are going to go through them to find and fix the problem.

We are truly sorry for the inconvenice

• Like 3

removed malloc param that helped me w 1.56 --  and got it working great for an hour or so before a freeze during an explosion. progress

Hi guys,

I have the same problem as you all. this problem is, i play for 10 mins and suddenly i go down to 3 fps.

if anyone knows what is happening, or why it is happening could you please get back to me.

your regards Twin

• Like 1

I just posted a thread about this too.. It jitters and shifts between different  LOD models rapidly and glitches out, and the framerate tanks.

Hello guys!

EDIT: THE FOLLOWING FIX WORKS. PLEASE READ CAREFULLY.

I contacted dwarden/razazel directly via PM about this issue, providing crash logs, they have recommended that I try the following - note: these are direct copy pastes from two of dwarden's replies (first one is the PM he sent me, second one is from the STABLE CLIENT FEEDBACK THREAD.)

FYI: everyone who has sudden fps/stability issues and use 3rd party allocator / system alocator or obsolete allocators, switch to default TBB4 alocator (none defined)
+
new performance binary 1.58.135689
https://forums.bistu...76#entry3012976

1.58.135689 profiling & performance v1 server and client, windows/linux
* more fixes of crashes, joining mp game and VON
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/582opsto4mmr8d8/3BSy9PdRGm

To quickly DETAIL THE FIXES:

• REMOVE ANY custom memory allocator (Untick the box in the launcher, or remove the '-malloc=' entry from your startup exe/shortcut/etc.)
  • REMOVE ANY custom memory allocator from 'STEAM LAUNCH PARAMETERS'. (Right click ArmA 3 in Steam Library > Properties > Set Launch Parameters)
  • REMOVE ANY custom memory allocator from 'CUSTOM ARMA LAUNCHERS'. (Arma3Sync, etc)
  • CONFIRM THERE ARE NO CUSTOM MEMORY ALLOCATORS (Open ArmA 3 Launcher, click 'Parameters' > Basic 'Tab' > If there is entry 'Command Line Parameters', check it doesn't have -malloc=etc). If it DOES have that entry, that means you have a memory allocator launch parameter being forced via some other method, such as a shortcut to the arma3.exe.
  • Download the 1.58.135689 v1 'arma3client_performance_158_135689.7z' file from the link. (OPTIONAL STEP, MAY NOT ACTUALLY CONTRIBUTE TO THE FIX.)
  • Backup your arma3.exe from your arma 3 installation directory
  • Delete the arma3.exe and then put the arma3client_performance executable in your arma 3 installation folder.
  • Rename the arma3client_performance executable you just placed in the directory to arma3.exe
  • Play the game! Be sure to THANK DWARDEN AND DEV TEAM FOR THE QUICK FIX/RESPONSE AND POST YOUR FEEDBACK HERE IN THE CORRECT THREAD IF THIS WORKED FOR YOU

Hello guys!

I contacted dwarden/razazel directly via PM about this issue, providing crash logs, they have recommended that I try the following - note: these are direct copy pastes from two of dwarden's replies (first one is the PM he sent me, second one is from the STABLE CLIENT FEEDBACK THREAD.)

I am going to try these fixes now to see if it helps.

• Simply REMOVE any custom memory allocator (Untick the box in the launcher, or remove the '-malloc=' entry from your startup exe/shortcut/etc.)
  • Download the 1.58.135689 v1 'arma3client_performance_158_135689.7z' file from the link.

Where is that  file meant to go?The one from the link. Do we install it like a malloc?

Where is that  file meant to go?The one from the link. Do we install it like a malloc?

Replace the arma3.exe (rename the file you download) in your arma directory.

NOTE: Recommend backing up the normal arma3.exe - If you do not rename the file properly then you will have issues, and if you screw it up its good to have a backup.

Replace the arma3.exe (rename the file you download) in your arma directory.

Great thanks. Any results yet-did Dwardens/razazel's advice work?

It worked. I have given the fix to the members of my community, and have a lot of perfect results. It seems to resolve the issue for 3 hours of gameplay (So far)

I will edit the post above to reflect these new findings!

• Like 1

It worked. I have given the fix to the members of my community, and have a lot of perfect results. It seems to resolve the issue for 3 hours of gameplay (So far)

I will edit the post above to reflect these new findings!

Excellent-good work mate. 

Anyone know if the current Dev branch is also experiencing this issue?I know it was last week before 1.58 launched, but is it still?

I'm having this problem at the moment. I'm running a GTX 980ti i7-4790k and 16GB of ram and after 15min of playing with crappy fps it drops to an unplayable 2-3 and textures stop loading. None of the different memallocs help. I'm at a point where I've tried everything and am in desperate need of some advice.

For a while I thought it might just be the server me and my friends were playing on because it was running Exile, but my buddy who has the exact same rig that I do (minus the 980, he's using my hand-me-down 960 2GB) is getting 30+ fps consistently.

EDIT: Going to try the fix mentioned above tomorrow.

if it fixed your issues then remember to post your feedback in the PROFILING branch performance binaries thread, thanks

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/160288-arma-3-stable-server-158-performance-binary-feedback/?

so others know it helps (sometimes ;) )

also please do realize that my dropbox is one of 2 possible routes,

Windows users (players) always can use STEAMclient interface to pick branch and select "PROFILING" branch

(profiling branch replaces default main branch stable binaries with performance binaries

(in this case arma3.exe and arma3server.exe)

while profiling branch profiling binaries got separate name (thus not active by default and nothing to worry for end-user)

yet as some may forget or make mistake (and select dev branch and download N gb of wrong files)

the dropbox download of 1 file might be simpler

Sorry but If we use this hotfix can we then use Fred41 allocator solution? Or should we just forget about it?

Hello guys!

EDIT: THE FOLLOWING FIX WORKS. PLEASE READ CAREFULLY.

• REMOVE ANY custom memory allocator (Untick the box in the launcher, or remove the '-malloc=' entry from your startup exe/shortcut/etc.)
  • Download the 1.58.135689 v1 'arma3client_performance_158_135689.7z' file from the link.
  • Backup your arma3.exe from your arma 3 installation directory
  • Delete the arma3.exe and then put the arma3client_performance executable in your arma 3 installation folder.
  • Rename the executable you just placed in the directory to arma3.exe
  • Play the game! Be sure to THANK DWARDEN AND DEV TEAM FOR THE QUICK FIX/RESPONSE!

Hi there, i followed these instructions and the same thing still happens, play for 5mins and fps still drops to 1-2fps. Any help would be much appreciated.

::::::EDIT::::::: Works fine, i forgot to untick the Malloc box.

THANKS VERY MUCH FOR THE FIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Ok, I tried this "fix", and after 15 min. of gameplay same problem occurred... 5 FPS ...

probably working just for servers...

This is not our work to figure out way we are getting fps drop. The Bohemia is to fix this fast, the game was working perfectly before this new update come out for to days ago. we have notify the company and now its there job to get this done.

I don't like to complain but this is so typical wean you try to ruse shit to happen! Start making Arma 4.

This is not our work to figure out way we are getting fps drop. The Bohemia is to fix this fast, the game was working perfectly before this new update come out for to days ago. we have notify the company and now its there job to get this done.

I don't like to complain but this is so typical wean you try to ruse shit to happen! Start making Arma 4.

If you had read this thread you would see a fix has been released and they are waiting to see if it will resolve the issue.  Nobody is saying it is "our job" to fix things-but reporting issues and helping the dev team will resolve things quicker-especially in a game with the unprecedented level of community involvement and creativity that Arma has.Aslo-saying to BI in one sentence to get things fixed, then saying "Make Arma 4"...which do you want? Also-keep in mind, most companies would have abandoned their game long before now-so please be a bit more polite.

My custom allocator resulted in this bug, but bohemia's default one "tbb4malluoc_bi" still works for me.

I been playing Arma since 2005 and i'm not complaining about the game or the company, i'm saying that dont ruse shit, i get up in the morning and start downloading update,then having problem with the fps drop in may mision that i'm making, so i start to look at if something wrong with the mods or the script i have fix then all of the sudden i start deletes and fixing when it's not my mission that is wrong with.

And no it's no fix in this thread, change something in the parameters is not a fix.

Ok so I have suffered this issue applied the fix and now it takes Arma 3 slightly longer to drop performance and then crash (taking my graphics driver with it.) would logs or anything else be helpful at this point? Do we have any specific driver versions impacted or configurations that might be bad or good? I have also tried clearing all parameters and running stock: same behavior. I have also had a look through the event viewer but have seen no events at the time of crashes. I have tried Multiple missions/mod resulting in similar behavior. Anyone got any ideas on a workaround or root cause as this has bricked my game.

Here is my set up.

Software:

Win 7x64 

AMD crimson 16.4.1

Arma (Performance client update above)

Hardware:

i72600k

R9 380 4G

8GB DDR3

Raid Array for applications.

• Like 2

Okay guys-let's keep it civil. I know this is frustrating but please do not start fighting with each other.Let's just try to get this sorted.

Is anyone who is on the current Dev Branch having this issue?

• Like 1