k3lt

Low CPU utilization & Low FPS

Same problem,

i5 2500k with 35% OC

R9 290 with 10% OC

Looks like the game (i know it's not the game itself) downclock my GPU core to 200mhz.

I am getting the same issue. I have tried multiple different malloc's to no avail.

I manage the SealTeamSloth Altis Life server and we've had a considerable amount of people complaining of the same issues.

Massive stuttering/below 10 FPS after an indeterminate, though SHORT amount of time spent playing.

It seems to happen more often if alt tabbing out/in-to the game.

I have not been crashing every time, however there was a single crash while trying to exit the game before. Standard RPT contains nothing special. Just an ACCESS_VIOLATION.

IF I AM CORRECT, This issue has been around before. I am unsure which patch has had it, however I remember un-occasionally experiencing the very same LOD popping out issue on previous patches.

Here is a dropbox link for the RPT/minidump/bidump files, .rar'd for the BI Dev asking. I do not think the RPT contains the information about the complete LOD reloading issue.

Yep. Here too . Game is destroyed for now after 1.58. looking forward to a fix. 

ACCESS_VIOLATIONs and then low FPS after. had a malloc that fixed it. trying to remove it now

Same problem after the new update today. After 5min of play FPS drops to 2fps and game crashes with ACCESS VIOLATION.  WTF seriously fix this please!!

Exactly the same issue - framerate was fine then dropped to 1.5fps after roughly 5mins of gameplay. Also, in KOTH mode, cannot change to third person but that could be a server related issue.

Same issue here, after about 5 mins of a light test mission, FPS ran in the 2 to 5 range, and even back in Eden the LODS were a mess and running 6 fps. 

Hey guys try this. It worked for me!

-malloc=tbb4malloc_bi

Did not work for me.

Running Windows 7 64-bit, i7 3rd generation 3770k Standard Clock, GTX 680.

I have tried tbbmalloc, tbb4malloc_bi and system memory allocators. None have change a thing. Same lag, generally the same amount of time playing BEFORE the lag begins and it does not stop until a complete game restart occurs, effectively making the game entirely unplayable.

All I want to do is play more Orgobite but i cant stay ingame for more than 10 mins now.  within in that 10 mins  everything seems fine till someone does some sort of annimation then everything starts to look like this 

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/269463939054191678/6C81746668DE26CF8E317D09365218390B408429/

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/269463939054308137/223DDAEDE82800D90E1F9C601C90E837A88B98A9/

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/269463939054558749/C66DC58C5A9D9E5CEAC41D0ABE27A2280A5C5DEF/

All I want to do is play more Orgobite but i cant stay ingame for more than 10 mins now.  within in that 10 mins  everything seems fine till someone does some sort of annimation then everything starts to look like this 

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/269463939054191678/6C81746668DE26CF8E317D09365218390B408429/

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/269463939054308137/223DDAEDE82800D90E1F9C601C90E837A88B98A9/

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/269463939054558749/C66DC58C5A9D9E5CEAC41D0ABE27A2280A5C5DEF/

Same thing would happen to me. It would start around the 5min mark. FPS would drop to 1-2fps then stay there. 

I rolled back my nvidia driver to one a couple months old, added the launch code "-malloc=tbb4malloc_bi" and started the game. Everything worked fine, then updated to the new nvidia driver and it is still working great. 

I was somehow able to stop the issue. Here is what I did:

Removed malloc from startup completly. Updated NVIDIA drivers from 362 to 364.74. Freed some disc space, so I know have 15GB instead of 6 GB in C:. Removed GFE and MSI Gaming App. In NVIDIA Control Panel set mode to "prefer performance" and than restarted windows.

Ingame I than had stable performance but an quite early LOD switching (trees in 100m distance were two dimensional). Changing texture resolution from "Very High" to "Ultra" fixed that (maybe any change will fix it as switching back didn't reintroduced the LOD switching).

No idea what actually helped. Most likely the driver update, the restart and the removing of malloc. 

After tinkering one hour with drivers and settings I have to say the problem stays.

This is going the wrong way.

After 1.56 I had to reduce the setting from default very high to high to get bearable performance, now with 1.58 I can do what I want, it does not recover after 10 minutes until restart.

Intel i7-4770 3.4 GHz

8 GB Kingston Ram

Nvidia GTX 760 2 GB

362.00 Drivers (the ones that claim to be optimised for ArmA III) since 364.51 and 364.72 are know to cause issues.

Using tbb4malloc_bi fixed the slideshow effect. But FPS is at least 30% less than what I got with 1.56 (with tbb4malloc_bi).

Same issue here! I hope BIS can hotfix this or else it would be a big setback for the game development. Also we should expect at least same FPS(after 3 years of development) not lower right?

Also we should expect at least same FPS(after 3 years of development) not lower right?

We can expect small fluctuation in either way between game versions, but this isn't that. This is going from stable 60 to 2 fps. This is game breaking.

Me and a teammate had the same issue yesterday. We were both running fred41's LP memory allocator. Switching to tbb4malloc solved the issue.

This, hoever, lowered fps quite a bit and I miss fred41 (yes, him and his malloc) like crazy already :(

Me and a teammate had the same issue yesterday. We were both running fred41's LP memory allocator. Switching to tbb4malloc solved the issue.

This, hoever, lowered fps quite a bit and I miss fred41 (yes, him and his malloc) like crazy already :(

Is Fred41 still around? Someone should contact him maybe he can fix this issue :(

We can expect small fluctuation in either way between game versions, but this isn't that. This is going from stable 60 to 2 fps. This is game breaking.

Couldn't notice that major fps drop (indeed this is unplayable,if this happen) but i did notice that all the parameters i had manually set were reseted.This would be a reason to make it somewhat unplayable for me as well.Unfortunately i had forgot how the parameters were setted excactly but i remember i was using Intel's latest malloc and is what i also used now after the update.

Using nvidia latest drivers and i verified the game cache before launching the update.

Try to decrease number of sound sources to 16 in arma sound settings

50f5670edf0cd6d6e221e3dd05aa8cb3.png

Couldn't notice that major fps drop (indeed this is unplayable,if this happen) but i did notice that all the parameters i had manually set were reseted.This would be a reason to make it somewhat anplayable for me as well.Unfortunately i had forgot how the parameters were setted excactly but i remember i was using Intel's latest malloc and is what i also used now after the update.

Using nvidia latest drivers and i verified the game cache before launching the update.

What do you mean by parameters?

Sent from my L50t using Tapatalk

Is Fred41 still around? Someone should contact him maybe he can fix this issue :(

Freeeeee-heeeeed! Where are you!!!! :D

I need the 25% + min fps back.

Ontopic:

no slowdowns at all after 1 hour mp with -malloc=tbb4malloc_bi and newest amd driver.

These are my settings and I have never noticed this issue that everyone else is having.

Specifically, I have a blank malloc parameter.  Don't know if this will actually help for anyone else

GLIdYly.png

What do you mean by parameters?

Sent from my L50t using Tapatalk

I meant launcher parameters which currently are:

-Enabled HT

-Malloc: tbb4malloc_bi

-MaxMem: 12288

-MaxVram: 3584

(though both will fall back to coded values)

I believe its what i was also using in the past.

LWIQGQzT.png

Performance is not as good as 1.56 getting a lot more stuttering.