k3lt

Low CPU utilization & Low FPS

For my system, this way doesn't give CPU/FPS productivity gain

Simply because it doesn't work.

There is no difference between leaving the checkbox unchecked, or choosing the number of cores that you have.

As usual, all this is is placebo.

Hello and in advance, my apologies for my english.

I have got a GTX 670 (last driver) which works great with ArmA3 (ultra video settings)

but after the 1.56 update, i had strange FPS drops when i opened the game.

To solve this problem, i open the nVidia control panel / 3D parameters and restore the default values.

My FPS come back after, hope that help.

Have a good week-end.

How do you disable vsync?

Game video options > display Tab.

Hello Guys,

I'd like to ask for any help, advice you can give me to solve my problem.

The last couple days I was trying to fix my Arma 3 FPS drop problems. I have a pretty decent cumputer. I am getting around 60-70 FPS on the menu and 40-50 ingame multiplayer.
But for some reason even when I start the game in the main menu my FPS drops hard every like 10 sec. In the menu it drops to 17 then goes back to normal and in game it drops to 9 and then back to normal. And this happens continously.

My computer is a:

AMD FX 8320 Eight-Core Proc 3.50 GHz
AMD Radeon R9 390
16 GB 2400 MHz RAM

1TB 7200rpm
Windows 7 64bit

I literally can not find any solution, I tried searching forums, google, watched many youtube videos... I followed every step of THIS one but no result, (tried disable parking, cleaning my pc, download several programs etc.) my FPS got slightly better but the drops are the same, even if I load an empty world I got 400 FPS it drops to 100 with the same time interval...

I think ARMA 3 is the best shooter game at the moment and I really like playing it, but this ruins everything.
Please if you can help me with my problem!

Thank you in advance,
Marcifer

Hi Guys,

After playing in DEV i found out that the frames droped to 3fps after 10min playing. All textures got bugged out wheels on cars became hexagons.

Same thing happens now when playing on 1.58.

My friend have the same issue, any one know why?

Best regards,

Dioxix

• Like 2

got the same issue after update 1.58. lowering fps after 10 minutes gameplay, hexagon textures and than game crashing

Hi Guys,

After playing in DEV i found out that the frames droped to 3fps after 10min playing. All textures got bugged out wheels on cars became hexagons.

Best regards,

Dioxix

got the same issue after update 1.58. lowering fps after 10 minutes gameplay, hexagon textures and than game crashing

Hello guys,

could you please send me your rpt files? In case the actually crashes please send me all the crashdump files (rpt+ mdmp + bidmp).

Once you have those, please zip them up and upload them to some free file sharing service (e.g. dropbox, google drive - set it to public so I can download them) and PM me the link.

Thanks

I've just had this problem

I had set -malloc= to system in my startup parameter, changing to tbb4malloc_bi fixed it for me. :)

• Like 4

Frame rate has dropped dramatically since update.  Also I noticed quite a few people where getting banned for signature time out issues.  Then I managed to get banned from my own server.  I run absolutely no mods.  Bog standard Arma.  Not sure if they are all connected but everything was fine prior to update :(

i had the same issue two weeks ago when 1.58 was on Dev branch. FPS was at 60 but after about 30 mins it would drop to 5 fps and things would glitch out-helmets and heads disappeared etc. i found removing a couple of mods that were giving small error notices fixed the issue.Is it happening in vanilla also?

• Like 1

Hello guys,

could you please send me your rpt files? In case the actually crashes please send me all the crashdump files (rpt+ mdmp + bidmp).

Once you have those, please zip them up and upload them to some free file sharing service (e.g. dropbox, google drive - set it to public so I can download them) and PM me the link.

Thanks

Hi Razazel,

I will remove the -malloc and try again.. for me it didnt crash.

//Dioxix

Hi Guys,

Best regards,

Dioxix

Are you running the game with tbbmalloc? Try running with the default malloc. It solved the FPS drop. But the game performance is inferior when compared to 1.56.

Sent from my L50t using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Same issue for me, I tried in the editor with one player without problems, and then with a few AI, after 10 min frames droped to 3 or 4 FPS.

I had set -malloc= to system in my startup parameter, changing to tbb4malloc_bi fixed it for me. :)

Hi Razazel,

I will remove the -malloc and try again.. for me it didnt crash.

//Dioxix

Thanks madeineano!

It seems to be working now when i changed to tbb4malloc_bi.  :) 

I am not sure of what malloc does anyway is boosting the fps?,,

//DM

Ok. ive changed the startup parameter like  you said and issue is gone, but the game anyway was crashed after one hour of gameplay. here is a crashreport https://www.dropbox.com/s/jf7s2ubfjneh8fe/ArmaReport_Log_20160421T185046_deadpastor.zip?dl=0

Changing malloc to TBB4 or removing it from startup (and let A3 select it) doesn't make a big difference, it just delay the degeneration of LODs and frames for me: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/269463939053416250/A924BDFC3F273ABA5E6BFDE6FA7B3D343D40AECF/

I am using an MSI GTX 970, i5-2500k and 16 GB RAM.

Afterburner tells me, that while playing A3 the graphicscard goes from 1144MHz to 899MHz (driver is set to "Prefer performance").

While playing neither CPU nor GPU is at maximum capacity.

So we can't use -malloc=system now?

I was told just a couple weeks back to do this to fix a different problem. How do you implement tbb4malloc_bi? Is that a statup parameter in the launcher?

EDIT: I missed NeoAmrageddon's post. I'll just wait for BIS to patch this.

I had the same issue on my server running some mods and using A3 Sync. I tried to reproduce it for 35 minutes in the vanilla 3d editor after starting it via steam, no problem here... 

got same problem from one of my friends. his fps become 1 :D

i have tbb4malloc in startup params.

my friend, i think - no

Thanks for this nice Update :)

After 5min FPS drops to 1.

System:

i7 6700k

16 GB DDR

Gtx 980ti (newest driver)

SSD

I would just like to say that I've got the exact same issue. Please look into this and get it fixed ASAP. Makes the game completely unplayable.