k3lt

Low CPU utilization & Low FPS

For me game runs just fine now stable 25+fps, only on some minor missions with lot of Ai i have 15- FPS sometimes.

Well, if you consider 25 fps to "run fine"... then good for you i guess.

But some of us actually want a good experiance when playing, and that is not at 25 fps.

• Like 1

The biggest game changer is still modes, you wont get a lot of frames in Koth etc.. 

In the rigtht mode you wont have problems with it.

Well, if you consider 25 fps to "run fine"... then good for you i guess.

But some of us actually want a good experiance when playing, and that is not at 25 fps.

I writed 25+  ......That mean 25 is minimal, very, very rare situations it drops to 15.

I writed 25+  ......That mean 25 is minimal, very, very rare situations it drops to 15.

So mininal should be 15 and not 25 ..

And if you are happy with that  then you should be able to enjoy all new games with your current rig for the next 5 years!! Unfortunately some (including myself) have higher expectations to enjoy a good game.

So mininal should be 15 and not 25 ..

And if you are happy with that  then you should be able to enjoy all new games with your current rig for the next 5 years!! Unfortunately some (including myself) have higher expectations to enjoy a good game.

15 FPS i had when 6 vehicles explode in same time, larger firefights, and jets all over the sky. I had problems with FPS as well, but reinstalling windows with arma resolved issue for me. Also do not overclock anything CPU related - game have problems with that

with a relative stable fps a game runs fine for me not with jumping fps between 60-15fps like A3 most of the time(would be ok if a lot happening ingame but is not so) ......but depends on each itself how he perceives it  

edit:

most annoying is fps drop affects the firing rate and is clearly noticeable and a old Arma prob

Game has one of worst overall Performance i see in the last Years. :lol:

Game Dev's decide to not response here or in feedbacktracker..that says enough about it xD

with a relative stable fps a game runs fine for me not with jumping fps between 60-15fps like A3 most of the time(would be ok if a lot happening ingame but is not so) ......but depends on each itself how he perceives it  

edit:

most annoying is fps drop affects the firing rate and is clearly noticeable and a old Arma prob

My biggest gripe with 10-25 FPS gaming (which is ONLY Arma 3 ) is: Mouse movement. It's really jerky. That's a no-no in a SHOOTER.

I have never had as big problems aiming at anything in any game. That's why I have basically "downgraded" to Sniper rifles only. I don't HAVE TO be accurate within seconds, I have time to aim (2-3 secs).

The other thing that pisses me off to no end is Choppers. The Apache-types. When I send two of those into any combat area with let's say 5 tanks and 30-50 infantry, my FPS tanks to single digits as soon as those choppers start shooting.

The stutter, the jerky mouse movement etc, just a bad experience.

I have managed to tank the FPS to 3 FPS. All kindsa crap starts happening.

Instead time is spent on features that 1% of the playerbase ever even tests.

Well done, well done.

15 FPS i had when 6 vehicles explode in same time, larger firefights, and jets all over the sky. I had problems with FPS as well, but reinstalling windows with arma resolved issue for me. Also do not overclock anything CPU related - game have problems with that

So tell us your what fps you usually have, in multiplayer ofcourse, with 40+ ppl and what mission.

Reinstalling windows will barely help for anyone. Placebo effect if something.

Why not overclock CPU?

So tell us your what fps you usually have, in multiplayer ofcourse, with 40+ ppl and what mission.

Reinstalling windows will barely help for anyone. Placebo effect if something.

Why not overclock CPU?

I dont play multi often, but if i play i have 25-60 FPS but with 20 - 30 players max - never played with more people.

Well, reinstalling windows helped on my end a lot, i dont know what actually worked here - maybe i skipped some windows update after system reinstall (installed 100 updates, reset, checking effects, so the game FPS isnt too low, then another 100 updates and again check) i installed all necessary updates, not single optional , deleted updates to win 10 (this small icon next to the clock), did not installed Flashplayer, all microsoft visual C++ are the only i installed with arma 3, i instantly uninstalling libraries installed with other games. Only gaming platform installed on my PC is Steam and Rockstar Games Social Club (cannot use it other than updating GTA V). hmmm, what more..... updated drivers (newest AMD gived me 30% boost) and thats all.

Why not to overclock? Tests made on GTA V answered this - overclocking helping with games, that optimialisation is fully finished. Now take in account, Arma 3 optimalisation engine is done 4 or more years back, people wasnt overclocking CPU back then so often. Maybe someone overclocking CPU will help, but on latest games i dont see this is helping. Off course there are occasional CPU's that this method is working, but if some guy have 3.Ghz and game is runing at 20 FPS and he overclock to 3.5 GHZ and ge will still have 20 FPS (maybe even 19) its not fault of his hardware, but game optimalisation. Game engine is just not fully supporting parts of his PC and overclocking will not change anything.

Keep that in mind, my PC is not super powered machine and also not the slowest one. Like it or not, my PC is getting old, and games (other than arma) was, and still are runing on max settings. Arma 3 begin to run smooth after last 3 or 4 update

I dont play multi often, but if i play i have 25-60 FPS but with 20 - 30 players max - never played with more people.

Well, reinstalling windows helped on my end a lot, i dont know what actually worked here - maybe i skipped some windows update after system reinstall (installed 100 updates, reset, checking effects, so the game FPS isnt too low, then another 100 updates and again check) i installed all necessary updates, not single optional , deleted updates to win 10 (this small icon next to the clock), did not installed Flashplayer, all microsoft visual C++ are the only i installed with arma 3, i instantly uninstalling libraries installed with other games. Only gaming platform installed on my PC is Steam and Rockstar Games Social Club (cannot use it other than updating GTA V). hmmm, what more..... updated drivers (newest AMD gived me 30% boost) and thats all.

Why not to overclock? Tests made on GTA V answered this - overclocking helping with games, that optimialisation is fully finished. Now take in account, Arma 3 optimalisation engine is done 4 or more years back, people wasnt overclocking CPU back then so often. Maybe someone overclocking CPU will help, but on latest games i dont see this is helping. Off course there are occasional CPU's that this method is working, but if some guy have 3.Ghz and game is runing at 20 FPS and he overclock to 3.5 GHZ and ge will still have 20 FPS (maybe even 19) its not fault of his hardware, but game optimalisation. Game engine is just not fully supporting parts of his PC and overclocking will not change anything.

Keep that in mind, my PC is not super powered machine and also not the slowest one. Like it or not, my PC is getting old, and games (other than arma) was, and still are runing on max settings. Arma 3 begin to run smooth after last 3 or 4 update

Well, still. 25 fps is not "fine" for most I'm sure of. It's jsut that we have accepted the state of the game. 

This "fix" by reinstalling windows wont work for most of the people. Surely you had something else on the computer maybe, Did you actualy see a fps increase after the reinstallation on windows?

Tests made on GTA V answered this - overclocking helping with games, that optimialisation is fully finished

source please?

Well if you Vasily.B can't overclock much or you can't see performance increase by doing that then it's likely a thing with older parts or something else. But OC CPU and RAM has helped a lot of people to get bit more performance out of Arma and there are tons of evidence, results, and talking about that.

You're the first guy that I've heard to say that CPU overclock doesn't help. The performance increase by doing overclock with Intel at least in Arma is around 0,5-1fps per 0,1GHz.

Hi guys!
i got this problem:

the game is freezing every 1 sec
i tried to reinstall the game to ssd then to hdd
              defrag the hdd
              reinstall the vga driver to older one
              change resolution
              change the graphics

my specs: 
8320 oc 4Ghz
8Gb 1866 ram
asus r9 280x
intel ssd

I hope somebody can tell me what the hell i need to do :D
Thanks for the help
(sorry for bad english)

Well, still. 25 fps is not "fine" for most I'm sure of. It's jsut that we have accepted the state of the game. 

This "fix" by reinstalling windows wont work for most of the people. Surely you had something else on the computer maybe, Did you actualy see a fps increase after the reinstallation on windows?

source please?

Source :

https://www.google.pl/search?q=overclocking+fps+GTA+V&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=NMd3VtKyLsvmyQPdmaSYDg

For me reinstalling windows helped but read it again - I DONT KNOW WHAT ACTUALLY WORKED HERE. For me and 6 people from Multiplayer session it helped. But it was after one of us done this trick. Remember, reinstalling windows also clearing registry, cleaning HDD, deleting all malwares/viruses/ restrore all to default values etc. I had personally overclocked GPU and had lower FPS than before OC, i restored default GPU state and problem was still present - so i decided i have nothing to loose - reinstalled system and it worked. After last update my FPS is little lower but still acceptable. 25 WAS LOWEST VALUE - read post with understanding ok? Now lowest value is around 17 FPS when there are lot of wrecks smoke and other particle effects

Source :

https://www.google.pl/search?q=overclocking+fps+GTA+V&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=NMd3VtKyLsvmyQPdmaSYDg

For me reinstalling windows helped but read it again - I DONT KNOW WHAT ACTUALLY WORKED HERE. For me and 6 people from Multiplayer session it helped. But it was after one of us done this trick. Remember, reinstalling windows also clearing registry, cleaning HDD, deleting all malwares/viruses/ restrore all to default values etc. I had personally overclocked GPU and had lower FPS than before OC, i restored default GPU state and problem was still present - so i decided i have nothing to loose - reinstalled system and it worked. After last update my FPS is little lower but still acceptable. 25 WAS LOWEST VALUE - read post with understanding ok? Now lowest value is around 17 FPS when there are lot of wrecks smoke and other particle effects

That's your source? A link to a google search... wow.

And i see multiple post that says that it increased their fps by overclocking.

I readed it on 10+ forums -  around 20 peoples with same problem on every single thread. That mean something. Thats why i used link to google search. Thats obvious. Overclocking is helping in SOME cases, but read OFFICIAL warning on GPU,CPU wrapping, CPU,GPU softwares etc.

I readed it on 10+ forums -  around 20 peoples with same problem on every single thread. That mean something. Thats why i used link to google search. Thats obvious. Overclocking is helping in SOME cases, but read OFFICIAL warning on GPU,CPU wrapping, CPU,GPU softwares etc.

Sigh. Can you provide any actual benchmark of this?

Sigh. Can you provide any actual benchmark of this?

Are you from KGB, CIA or what? Cant you read or search in google? "read OFFICIAL warning on GPU,CPU wrapping, CPU,GPU softwares etc."

EDIT:

From AMD Settings software;

"OSTRZEÅ»ENIE:  Procesory AMD powinny pracować jedynie w zakresie ich danych technicznych i nastaw fabrycznych. Praca procesorów AMD poza oficjalnymi parametrami danych technicznych lub poza zakresem nastaw fabrycznych, w tym miÄ™dzy innymi wykonanie przetaktowania (a także używania programów przetaktowujÄ…cych, nawet gdy programy te sÄ… dostarczane bezpoÅ›rednio lub poÅ›rednio przez firmÄ™ AMD lub podmioty powiÄ…zane z AMD), może uszkodzić procesor lub powodować inne problemy, w tym miÄ™dzy innymi uszkodzenie komponentów systemu (w tym pÅ‚yty głównej i jej komponentów (np. pamiÄ™ci)), niestabilność systemu (np. utratÄ™ danych lub uszkodzenie obrazów), pogorszenie siÄ™ parametrów systemu, obniżenie parametrów i żywotnoÅ›ci procesora oraz komponentów systemu, a w skrajnych przypadkach – caÅ‚kowite uszkodzenie systemu. AMD nie zapewnia obsÅ‚ugi ani serwisu w przypadku problemów lub uszkodzeÅ„ zwiÄ…zanych z użytkowaniem procesorów AMD poza oficjalnÄ… specyfikacjÄ… lub poza zakresem nastaw fabrycznych. Możliwe jest również, że nie zostanie zapewniony serwis ani obsÅ‚uga ze strony producenta pÅ‚yty głównej lub systemu. Należy siÄ™ upewnić, że przed użyciem tego programu przetaktowujÄ…cego zostaÅ‚y zapisane wszystkie ważne dane. USZKODZENIA SPOWODOWANE UÅ»YTKOWANIEM PROCESORA W WARUNKACH POZA OFICJALNYMI SPECYFIKACJAMI FIRMY AMD LUB W WARUNKACH POZA NASTAWAMI FABRYCZNYMI NIE PODLEGAJÄ„ Å»ADNEJ GWARANCJI OBEJMUJÄ„CEJ PRODUKTY FIRMY AMD I MOGÄ„ NIE PODLEGAĆ GWARANCJI UDZIELANEJ PRZEZ PRODUCENTA PÅYTY GÅÓWNEJ LUB SYSTEMU.

OSTRZEÅ»ENIE: Oprogramowanie dostarczane bezpoÅ›rednio lub poÅ›rednio przez firmÄ™ AMD lub przez podmioty powiÄ…zane z AMD może wyÅ‚Ä…czać lub modyfikować: (1) oprogramowanie, w tym cechy i funkcje zawarte w systemie operacyjnym, sterownikach i aplikacjach oraz inne ustawienia systemu operacyjnego, a także (2) usÅ‚ugi systemowe. CAÅKOWITE LUB CZĘŚCIOWE WYÅÄ„CZENIE LUB ZMODYFIKOWANIE TYCH ELEMENTÓW PRZEZ TE MATERIAÅY MOÅ»E POCIÄ„GNĄĆ ZA SOBÄ„ (A) ZWIĘKSZENIE RYZYKA NIESPRAWNOÅšCI PEWNYCH FUNKCJI ZABEZPIECZEŃ, A PRZEZ TO NARAÅ»ENIE KOMPUTERA NA POTENCJALNE ZAGROÅ»ENIA DLA BEZPIECZEŃSTWA, W TYM MIĘDZY INNYMI NA SZKODY SPOWODOWANE WIRUSAMI, ROBAKAMI I INNYM SZKODLIWYM OPROGRAMOWANIEM; ( B) PROBLEMY ZWIÄ„ZANE Z WYDAJNOÅšCIÄ„ I ZGODNOÅšCIÄ„, KTÓRE MOGÄ„ W NEGATYWNY SPOSÓB WPÅYNĄĆ NA EKSPLOATACJĘ I STABILNOŚĆ UÅ»YWANEGO SYSTEMU KOMPUTEROWEGO; ORAZ © INNE NEGATYWNE KONSEKWENCJE, W TYM MIĘDZY INNYMI USZKODZENIE LUB UTRATĘ DANYCH."

Please use translator at least.

Are you from KGB, CIA or what? Cant you read or search in google? "read OFFICIAL warning on GPU,CPU wrapping, CPU,GPU softwares etc."

EDIT:

From AMD Settings software;

"OSTRZEÅ»ENIE:  Procesory AMD powinny pracować jedynie w zakresie ich danych technicznych i nastaw fabrycznych. Praca procesorów AMD poza oficjalnymi parametrami danych technicznych lub poza zakresem nastaw fabrycznych, w tym miÄ™dzy innymi wykonanie przetaktowania (a także używania programów przetaktowujÄ…cych, nawet gdy programy te sÄ… dostarczane bezpoÅ›rednio lub poÅ›rednio przez firmÄ™ AMD lub podmioty powiÄ…zane z AMD), może uszkodzić procesor lub powodować inne problemy, w tym miÄ™dzy innymi uszkodzenie komponentów systemu (w tym pÅ‚yty głównej i jej komponentów (np. pamiÄ™ci)), niestabilność systemu (np. utratÄ™ danych lub uszkodzenie obrazów), pogorszenie siÄ™ parametrów systemu, obniżenie parametrów i żywotnoÅ›ci procesora oraz komponentów systemu, a w skrajnych przypadkach – caÅ‚kowite uszkodzenie systemu. AMD nie zapewnia obsÅ‚ugi ani serwisu w przypadku problemów lub uszkodzeÅ„ zwiÄ…zanych z użytkowaniem procesorów AMD poza oficjalnÄ… specyfikacjÄ… lub poza zakresem nastaw fabrycznych. Możliwe jest również, że nie zostanie zapewniony serwis ani obsÅ‚uga ze strony producenta pÅ‚yty głównej lub systemu. Należy siÄ™ upewnić, że przed użyciem tego programu przetaktowujÄ…cego zostaÅ‚y zapisane wszystkie ważne dane. USZKODZENIA SPOWODOWANE UÅ»YTKOWANIEM PROCESORA W WARUNKACH POZA OFICJALNYMI SPECYFIKACJAMI FIRMY AMD LUB W WARUNKACH POZA NASTAWAMI FABRYCZNYMI NIE PODLEGAJÄ„ Å»ADNEJ GWARANCJI OBEJMUJÄ„CEJ PRODUKTY FIRMY AMD I MOGÄ„ NIE PODLEGAĆ GWARANCJI UDZIELANEJ PRZEZ PRODUCENTA PÅYTY GÅÓWNEJ LUB SYSTEMU.

OSTRZEÅ»ENIE: Oprogramowanie dostarczane bezpoÅ›rednio lub poÅ›rednio przez firmÄ™ AMD lub przez podmioty powiÄ…zane z AMD może wyÅ‚Ä…czać lub modyfikować: (1) oprogramowanie, w tym cechy i funkcje zawarte w systemie operacyjnym, sterownikach i aplikacjach oraz inne ustawienia systemu operacyjnego, a także (2) usÅ‚ugi systemowe. CAÅKOWITE LUB CZĘŚCIOWE WYÅÄ„CZENIE LUB ZMODYFIKOWANIE TYCH ELEMENTÓW PRZEZ TE MATERIAÅY MOÅ»E POCIÄ„GNĄĆ ZA SOBÄ„ (A) ZWIĘKSZENIE RYZYKA NIESPRAWNOÅšCI PEWNYCH FUNKCJI ZABEZPIECZEŃ, A PRZEZ TO NARAÅ»ENIE KOMPUTERA NA POTENCJALNE ZAGROÅ»ENIA DLA BEZPIECZEŃSTWA, W TYM MIĘDZY INNYMI NA SZKODY SPOWODOWANE WIRUSAMI, ROBAKAMI I INNYM SZKODLIWYM OPROGRAMOWANIEM; ( B) PROBLEMY ZWIÄ„ZANE Z WYDAJNOÅšCIÄ„ I ZGODNOÅšCIÄ„, KTÓRE MOGÄ„ W NEGATYWNY SPOSÓB WPÅYNĄĆ NA EKSPLOATACJĘ I STABILNOŚĆ UÅ»YWANEGO SYSTEMU KOMPUTEROWEGO; ORAZ © INNE NEGATYWNE KONSEKWENCJE, W TYM MIĘDZY INNYMI USZKODZENIE LUB UTRATĘ DANYCH."

Please use translator at least.

Yes, i am very aware how to search or read google. That link only gives me result of people stating that they got better fps when they overclocked.

And i don't even know what you are trying to say with that russian/whatever piece. That you may damage the cpu if you overclock over the official parameters. Well, no shit? And how again does this backup your statement that overclocking cpu/gpu wont help performance wise?

Yes, i am very aware how to search or read google. That link only gives me result of people stating that they got better fps when they overclocked.

And i don't even know what you are trying to say with that russian/whatever piece. That you may damage the cpu if you overclock over the official parameters. Well, no shit? And how again does this backup your statement that overclocking cpu/gpu wont help performance wise?

Facepalm....... First 3 resoults:

GTA V not liking my GPU overclock - Steam Community

Overclockers, did overclocking increase your FPS ... - Reddit (Every time I overclock my GPU GTA V crashes sooner or later.)

GTA 5 - overclocking has no affect on the fps?

Am i talking with disabled man? Or 4 year child?

Man learn how to read and stop spamming thread.

I translate text beacuse it seems to be problem for you - damm 5 seconds on translate.google.com (auto detection language of text for fox sake!)

"may damage the processor or cause other problems, including but not limited damage to the system components (including the main board and its components (eg. storage)), instability of the system (eg. the loss of data or damage to the image), deterioration in system performance derating and vitality"

SO OVERCLOCKING HELPING ONLY IN SOME CASES - END OF DISCUSION!!!!

Facepalm....... First 3 resoults:

GTA V not liking my GPU overclock - Steam CommunityOverclockers, did overclocking increase your FPS ... - Reddit (Every time I overclock my GPU GTA V crashes sooner or later.)

GTA 5 - overclocking has no affect on the fps?

Am i talking with disabled man? Or 4 year child?

Man learn how to read and stop spamming thread.

I translate text beacuse it seems to be problem for you - damm 5 seconds on translate.google.com (auto detection language of text for fox sake!)"may damage the processor or cause other problems, including but not limited damage to the system components (including the main board and its components (eg. storage)), instability of the system (eg. the loss of data or damage to the image), deterioration in system performance derating and vitality"

SO OVERCLOCKING HELPING ONLY IN SOME CASES - END OF DISCUSION!!!!

Are you really serious? I don't know if this is a troll of the year or just very bad language barrier...

Let's replace that last statement to a realistic one. Your links even say the same:

Overclocking helps in most of the situations unless the overclock is bad or done wrong or the bottleneck is somewhere else.

System instability and component wear and damage are naturally risks but it's really not a risk when you know what you're doing and you don't overdo it. If game shows 5 more fps then it helps. Overclocks shouldn't be pushed so far that the system is unstable and if that hhappens, then it's time to easen up the clocking.

You've argued here many posts that something doesn't help when it really does help. It's like saying water doesn't help thirst. Of course when you drink too much (overdo it) you can even die. Everyone knows that here but the statement was that overclocking CPU does bring better performance in Arma and you seemed to fight against that, though you're only talking about part wear and instability that are totally different things.

• Like 1

On 20 people there is always one who overclocking helped. But me personally it wasnt working, more - it makes situation worse. And this one man who have better resoult will write we (20people) have done something wrong. Actually there is nothing to do wrong, We have software deliverd with hardware - easy to use, with few clicks.  I am damm serious, beacuse overclockind didnt helped me, my 2 brothers, my cousins, and 8 of my friends. Enough? Look at changelogs and official statement on rockstar support pages, what advices they was giving months after GTA premiere. I will stay in this opinion for ever, and nobody will tell me it is working so good with every title. Its is officially stated with every software, on every box of the hardware you want to overclock. Its not my invention.

Besides that i was reading tons of forums when i had exacly problem, it may be not this sites i given you in link, i just used quick search. It was gtaforums.com and few others, BUT IT WAS 6 MONTHS AGO, i dont save every site i visit.

In case of arma 3 overclocking just maked situation worse, after houndrets of advices by advanced, experienced users i just disabled it.

Besides that in first link :
"

GTA V not liking my GPU overclock
So everytime I play GTA V with a GPU overclock, it gives me 5-10 more FPS but it crashes with

"Failed Initialization. reboot and try again. If problem persists reinstall game "

and this only happens with an overclock. It doesn't happen without an overclock.

Do you guys have similar problems?" CRASHES!!!! Is it gain or loose?

Next comment(s) :
"GTA V runs bad with OC cards."

And again overclocking is something i will never advice anyone, but it is helping IN SOME CASES (depends of hardware, OC possibilities), its like with Russian rulete.

Well, i'm not going to continue this pointles discussion. You clearly don't understand what me and other people is trying to tell you, Vasily.B.

Oh and merry christmas.

• Like 1

Well, i'm not going to continue this pointles discussion. You clearly don't understand what me and other people is trying to tell you, Vasily.B.

Oh and merry christmas.

I am not understanding? Heh, got luck with your understanding. Merry Chriustams too.

GTA V is much better at making use of modern multi-core hardware and spreading the load across available threads than Arma is. Arma only utilizes about 2 cores worth of cumulative cpu usage. That is why you likely wouldn't notice as much difference overclocking gta compared to Arma (assuming an adequate cpu). B/c GTA is already doing a good job of distributing the workload across your available horsepower, where as arma seems to leave much of that compute power unused. Therefore increasing the per-thread performance (by overclocking) tends to produce more noticeable results in Arma compared to some other games that are more modern-hardware friendly.

• Like 1

GTA V is much better at making use of modern multi-core hardware and spreading the load across available threads than Arma is. Arma only utilizes about 2 cores worth of cumulative cpu usage. That is why you likely wouldn't notice as much difference overclocking gta compared to Arma (assuming an adequate cpu). B/c GTA is already doing a good job of distributing the workload across your available horsepower, where as arma seems to leave much of that compute power unused. Therefore increasing the per-thread performance (by overclocking) tends to produce more noticeable results in Arma compared to some other games that are more modern-hardware friendly.

Yes, it uses (as you sayed) 2 cores mainly, so bigger Ghz on those cores = more FPS IN THEORY. For me it wasnt helping with OC CPU and GPU. Overclocking in my case lowered FPS, and system was less stable, even when i have done this with experts advices from AMD and Intel support.