k3lt

Low CPU utilization & Low FPS

I doubt posting 500 pages here will help more then the existing 200 pages. 

The problems seem to be clearly engine related - and do some of you really think, BI will rewrite the engine? 

Smaller changes have been made, smaller things may and will happen. But I bet that`s all.

So help yourself, enjoy Arma 3 as it is - or quit playing it. There are tons of alternatives... oh wait - there`s none. It`s a matter of sink or swim.   <_<

I doubt posting 500 pages here will help more then the existing 200 pages. 

The problems seem to be clearly engine related - and do some of you really think, BI will rewrite the engine? 

Smaller changes have been made, smaller things may and will happen. But I bet that`s all.

So help yourself, enjoy Arma 3 as it is - or quit playing it. There are tons of alternatives... oh wait - there`s none. It`s a matter of sink or swim.   <_<

Pff, will bring it to 600 pages  ;) 

Anyway yes you are right. No big changes are going to happen that will increase the performance drastically. Only a few fps here and there if we are lucky.

Waiting for some new game that is similair to Arma that will hit the market... but i doubt it.

Pff, will bring it to 600 pages  ;) 

Anyway yes you are right. No big changes are going to happen that will increase the performance drastically. Only a few fps here and there if we are lucky.

Waiting for some new game that is similair to Arma that will hit the market... but i doubt it.

Main issue here is the lack of competitors in the market. If we had at least one more  than probably  the performance of the game would be much better by now.

There is one serious competition - "SQUAD" but so far only for multiplayer.

There is one serious competition - "SQUAD" but so far only for multiplayer.

From my understanding it's focused on small combat areas?

From my understanding it's focused on small combat areas?

For now - yes. Vehicles are on the way, when they will finish the main assets. But when i saw workmap for 2016 i propably will play SQUAd as A3 seems to be unplayable to +- september or october next year. 2 YEARS AFTER RELEASE WE STILL GOT BUGGY AND UGLY ENGINE SUCH AS FLYING TANKS AND MOST UGLY AND UNCORRECT MOVING CLOUDS - JEZUS! HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE, how lazy someone must be to do so? Its just an update for something that they already inwested - SIMPLY DOWNLOAD UPDATE FOR PHYSX SDK and TrueSky! Is this so hard? All games having such features are fixed since months!

Lol this game "SQUAD"  looks a lot like Arma ... maybe they stole the engine from BI.
graphically it's not better than Arma , the question is if it would run better :)

• Like 1

Hey guys, I have i3 530 and my game gets unfixable lagg few minutes into the gameplay...is that my processor? I want to buy Intel Core i7-870 (4x 2.93GHz) for my asrock 1156 p55....Will the game run normally then? Thank you for the answers :)

Hey guys, I have i3 530 and my game gets unfixable lagg few minutes into the gameplay...is that my processor? I want to buy Intel Core i7-870 (4x 2.93GHz) for my asrock 1156 p55....Will the game run normally then? Thank you for the answers :)

The i3 530 is only a dual core and whilst it overclocks like a beast ( mine ran at 4.7ghz quite happily) it just doesn't have the horsepower to drive arma3 unfortunately.

Your best upgrade would be to pick up a sandybridge processor and motherboard, I paid £130 for my 2500k and Asus p67 sabretooth which when overclocked to 4.5ghz gives almost compatible performance in arma3 to any Intel processor released since.

Your cheapest upgrade would be to find an i5 750 and overclock it to 4+ ghz. As a straight plug in on a p55 board you should see almost double the performance and with careful choice of settings arma3 is very playable.

I followed the i3 530 - i5 750 path and only upgraded further to the 2500k because I got it at the right price. The 750 is simplest and cheapest upgrade, the 2500k is undoubtedly better though.  I wouldn't bother with the i7 it will play arma3 no faster than the i5.

edit: how much ram have you got and are you running on an SSD?  If you only have 4gb ram you're going to be hitting the page file very, very quickly with arma3 - this will then thrash the hard disk and cause horriffic lag.  Not such an issue on an SSD as they can read/write the page file far quicker.  I would say that 8gb would be the minimum really for arma3, I regularly see 6gb total ram usage in singleplayer.

Lol this game "SQUAD"  looks a lot like Arma ... maybe they stole the engine from BI.

graphically it's not better than Arma , the question is if it would run better :)

Dod you ever played Battlefield 2 with famous mod "Project Reality"? SQUAD is their child. Small ammount of money forced them to create game on engine smilar to Battlefield 2. And yes - it run like butter.

edit: how much ram have you got and are you running on an SSD?  If you only have 4gb ram you're going to be hitting the page file very, very quickly with arma3 - this will then thrash the hard disk and cause horriffic lag.  Not such an issue on an SSD as they can read/write the page file far quicker.  I would say that 8gb would be the minimum really for arma3, I regularly see 6gb total ram usage in singleplayer.

hmmm, actually I do only have 6gb ram, so maybe thats the real problem?

It worked fine with the optimization update but right when they put out there newest update BOOM! everything goes to shit....Thank you BI for dangling a greast game above my head that iget to play maybe once a week out of a month.Thats if im lucky enough that they fixed the optimization for that week. 0/10

I have reinstalled system and game gives me pure 15 fps more - i dont know how. I havent installed yet VC++, all directX updates, Realtec HD audio manager, and on C drive i have 10GB more (windows updates backups are not so present yet). Maybe this is the reason? For now game is runing 25+ fps no matter what i am doing is it big battle or walk in the park (40-50 fps)

Hello, I to have big problem playing MP mods like Esseker, Exile , Chernarus.

I'm having like 20-30 FPS and big framedrops with this spec:

AMD FX 6300 - 6 cores 3.5 GHZ
MSI nVidia GTX 650 Ti Boost
4GB RAM DDR 1333 mhz.
Game for me it's unplayable.

20-30 FPS... Its not so bad.  But if its unplayable, try to play on other serwer with vanilla content only, also check this in single player (editor for example). Off course write about the resoult. Maybe serwer is configured wrong (long draw distance?). Take in account, that Arma 3 is not best optimalised, so 20-30 FPS is very good resoult, specially on your rigs.

So I see I'm not the only one plagued by this issue. I have a 5960x @4.4Ghz and 2 Titan x's and I get around 50fps average. My cpu is only using around 10% and I have 64GB of ram. I did not read every post in this thread as there were many so forgive me if a solution has been posted but if so I would appreciate any responses as to how to fix this :)

So I see I'm not the only one plagued by this issue. I have a 5960x @4.4Ghz and 2 Titan x's and I get around 50fps average. My cpu is only using around 10% and I have 64GB of ram. I did not read every post in this thread as there were many so forgive me if a solution has been posted but if so I would appreciate any responses as to how to fix this :)

You can't.

I would be pretty happy with keeping 50 fps in this game..

Started on 05 March 2013 and with over 200 pages, the problem(s) discussed in this thread should finally been recognized by BIS.

https://twitter.com/KiloSwiss/status/665926929900568576

The RV4 Engine does not run well on modern PCs and ArmA3 is a PC exclusive, not a shitty port from consoles.

I really like BIS and the Arma series, but as long as the performance (especially in multiplayer) is that low, i can't have fun playing A3 any longer, i always wonder "why does it only use 1 + 1/2 Core, why does it run that bad, why is it so poorly optimized for current systems, it's a PC exclusive game FFS"

Started on 05 March 2013 and with over 200 pages, the problem(s) discussed in this thread should finally been recognized by BIS.

The RV4 Engine does not run well on modern PCs and ArmA3 is a PC exclusive, not a shitty port from consoles.

I really like BIS and the Arma series, but as long as the performance (especially in multiplayer) is that low, i can't have fun playing A3 any longer, i always wonder "why does it only use 1 + 1/2 Core, why does it run that bad, why is it so poorly optimized for current systems, it's a PC exclusive game FFS"

inb4 "i get 100+ fps multiplayer, ur pc sux"

Edit: Btw, where is the Physx part in arma?

Hi to all Armaholic's =)

im new to the forums and i noticed that i cant open a new topic, so i decided to post it here and i hope you guys can help me.

i searched google and the forums but couldent find a solution for my problem.

Im using the Eden Editor and since the last update im getting this erorr message:

Pic

this message only appears after returning from in-game to the Eden Editor and after that message i cant ROTATE with the mouse in the 3D Eden Editor

Hi to all Armaholic's =)

im new to the forums and i noticed that i cant open a new topic, so i decided to post it here and i hope you guys can help me.

i searched google and the forums but couldent find a solution for my problem.

Im using the Eden Editor and since the last update im getting this erorr message:

Pic

this message only appears after returning from in-game to the Eden Editor and after that message i cant ROTATE with the mouse in the 3D Eden Editor

As you are breaking basic rule - wrong place to put this question - there is topic "Question & Answers" for this - i will be nice beacuse you are fresh here. Its some of your mods fault - animation of some new content is propably the fault here. Otherwise, check this site, and try to use search option here : www.feedback.arma3.com/view_all_bug_page.php

Oh boy your twitter post gave a good laugh. It should be BISsoft in the end ;) Testing a mission with many AI's and vehicles, good luck with that. Playing as a pilot on a multiplayer with 9fps is quite unpleasant, followed with fps drops and all. Probably have to overclock 8350 4-core to 5.5Ghz to run it stable 25fps on multiplayer...

Arma 4 "Made to be unplayable" 59.99$

Arma 4 DLC "Barely playable" 49.99$

Arma 4 DLC "When 4 fps isn't enough"  24.99$

Arma 4 DLC "Utilize more than 10% of your cpu but no more than 15%" 19.99$

Arma 5 "Oh we can utilize more than 1 core!?! :blink: "

Arma 6 "Now in 64-Bit"

• Like 1

So is nothing going to be done about this? Wasn't it not that long ago that one of the Devs admitted that the FPS had nothing to do with the server?

So is nothing going to be done about this? Wasn't it not that long ago that one of the Devs admitted that the FPS had nothing to do with the server?

I was a believer until a year ago until one of the devs told us not to have any high hopes and only little can be done to improve some things slightly.

We have seen almost no improvement in FPS or optimizations the last year and that tells enough..

For me game runs just fine now stable 25+fps, only on some minor missions with lot of Ai i have 15- FPS sometimes.