k3lt

Low CPU utilization & Low FPS

anyway preparing 1.36 PERF v1 servers (some optimizations aren't in STABLE due to possible instability)

yes, you read correct, there is more PERFormance lurking around ;)

Thank you thank you..I think many of us where ready to loose all our hair! I too have tried many many things over the past months of playing KOTH, horrid frames..always when its time to kill someone! haha love the game..love the MP scenario's! Still play daily! even with 20fps

Thank you thank you..I think many of us where ready to loose all our hair! I too have tried many many things over the past months of playing KOTH, horrid frames..always when its time to kill someone! haha love the game..love the MP scenario's! Still play daily! even with 20fps

I've been saying the bolded part this entire time. I wonder if it's the KOTH servers, but the FPS drop is absolutely crazy.

Hey,

Have any of you guys notice a huge fps drop after the last update ?

Before the update I was getting solid 40-65 fps, after update my game caps at 8fps single or multiplayer with or without mods.

I am using the -cpuCount param.

Using a Intel QX9770 @ 4.2 Ghz,

Ati Radeon 5860 x2 ( 2x1gb ) Crossfire

6GB Kingston Hyper X HPR @ 1066mhz.

I also tried using the performance binary version but no difference.

Have also tried verifying on steam but all was ok.

Regards,

TAW_Steeo3

Hey,

Have any of you guys notice a huge fps drop after the last update ?

Before the update I was getting solid 40-65 fps, after update my game caps at 8fps single or multiplayer with or without mods.

I am using the -cpuCount param.

Using a Intel QX9770 @ 4.2 Ghz,

Ati Radeon 5860 x2 ( 2x1gb ) Crossfire

6GB Kingston Hyper X HPR @ 1066mhz.

I also tried using the performance binary version but no difference.

Have also tried verifying on steam but all was ok.

Regards,

TAW_Steeo3

You might want to check rpt files if there's any hint. I haven't heard anyone post big fps drops.

hey guys, I'm new to pc gaming and Arma 3. I need some step by step walk through on how to optimize and get a smother game. Please My setup: AMD FX-8310, on a Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P motherboard, 8gb of ram, AMD Radeon HD 7950 3GB video card. I've tried some of the stuff in that one thread but maybe I'm not doing it right. Please help, thanks

hey guys, I'm new to pc gaming and Arma 3. I need some step by step walk through on how to optimize and get a smother game. Please My setup: AMD FX-8310, on a Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P motherboard, 8gb of ram, AMD Radeon HD 7950 3GB video card. I've tried some of the stuff in that one thread but maybe I'm not doing it right. Please help, thanks

THR33IN0N3, unfortuntately, you will never be able to enjoy a smooth game. You will, however, be able to enjoy a plethora of feature rich showcases and textures which have taken thousands of man hours to implement. Some of these features are available at an additional cost.

An alternative solution, would be waiting a few years for technology to catch up to all of the wonderful features, but you may want to avoid Multi-player until then. Unfortunately, there are no game optimizations at this time.

Thanks!

An alternative solution, would be waiting a few years for technology to catch up to all of the wonderful features, but you may want to avoid Multi-player until then. Unfortunately, there are no game optimizations at this time.

Unless I'm misunderstanding you, that's rubbish, in my opinion. Technology is way ahead of their engine and that is the problem. The only tech that needs to catch up, is their engine catching up to modern hardware, which is all about more cores, rather than (what arma needs) higher clock speeds. Especially, with the coming of the next gen consoles (love 'em or hate em, they drive the vast majority of game dev projects) being many cores, with low clock speeds. Over the next two years, you will see engines adapting to that reality... something that has been clearly written on the wall since around 2006. Tech is moving towards more cores, not more clock, and arma's engine is stuck in the pre-2006 world of ever-increasing clock speeds.

The only hope, really, is the improvements that will be necessary on dayZ for their Playstation release (b/c there is no way that game will ever run satisfactorily on a low-clock, many core, 64-bit, console without some serious overhaul), and those improvements making it to Arma's engine. But, I ain't buying "arma 4", unless they fix the shit for arma 3 (maybe as part of an expansion). Still have a bad taste in my mouth getting fooled again by them, and their claim on their wiki page that it was a "brand new engine"... meanwhile, the same issues are still prevalent, both in terms of performance, and dumb and inefficient ai, etc. Bohemia seems to move at a snail's pace. And, there really is no excuse for it anymore (in my opinion) given the growth they have seen over the last couple of years (the last year especially).

You know exactly why they're pursuing a new engine for DayZ SA, why DayZ SA has seen very little development outside of content and more or less scripted feature's and enhancements. I thought it ironic when they announced DayZ on the PS4 considering Jay Crowe's statement about PC being the only platform with the horsepower able to handle what they want. Technology is way ahead in the sense it's progressed into another dimension as far as performance is concerned, it's not longer about clock cycles but parallel clock cycles and not what you can do in 1 instance of time but 4-6-8 instances of time. We all know that yes, paralleling all the threads comes at a cost and doesn't always mean magical performance gains but it doesn't mean that things can't be processed in parallel to increase performance. It simply requires new design, new concepts and overall a new engine, something you can easily tell they didn't want to pursue for ArmA 3 but are completely willing to pursue for DayZ SA now that their backs are against the wall. They're perfectly fine with selling out ArmA 3 to their community knowing the limitations of their engine and probably felt the same about DayZ SA until they really started development and realized, "Hey our engine can't do what we need it to do". I just feel like ArmA 3 was a last hurrah for ArmA fans but overall was a mediocre improvement upon ArmA 2 at best and DayZ SA is basically a project that will eventually fall to time and improper development and management and dwindling interest as time progresses.

These developers STILL haven't even acknowledged that they cannot fix these performance flaws? Seriously? Meanwhile they have dwarden pushing 'performance' updates for a year yet still I haven't seen ANY performance increase at all. Are they still just pretending like they are trying or what?

How can a company ignore their customers for so long?

Edited by fartfinkler

These developers STILL haven't even acknowledged that they cannot fix these performance flaws? Seriously? Meanwhile they have dwarden pushing 'performance' updates for a year yet still I haven't seen ANY performance increase at all. Are they still just pretending like they are trying or what?

How can a company ignore their customers for so long?

If you haven't seen any performance improvements yet, then you are either blind, not really testing or not playing Arma 3 since its release.

If you haven't seen any performance improvements yet, then you are either blind, not really testing or not playing Arma 3 since its release.

I haven't seen any FPS increase since the release. I'm not talking about server FPS.

The only noticeable fps increase I've seen is the baseline fps on an empty Altis in the cities. That, admittedly, is a little better. But, it all goes out the window, once there is ai on the map, etc (You, know, actually playing a game). It doesn't really take much to cap out the engine.

Low fps seemingly no matter what I do within the game the launch parameters and the config file.

The system follows.

intel i7 5820k

ddr4 16gb 2500mhz corsair

gtx970x2 in sli

samsung 840 evo ssd

Other games seem to run fine with this one always being a pain as everyone else knows who is watching this thread any advice or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Launch parameters follow.

-cpuCount=6 -exThreads12 -high -maxMem=14336 -noPause -noSplash -world=empty

I hope there is something I missed in the launch parameters that I missed. Any help with the any part of this would be appreciated as ARMA 3 and ARMA as a series is one of my favorites.

Config file follows.

steamLanguage="English";

language="English";

forcedAdapterId=-1;

detectedAdapterId=0;

detectedAdapterVendorId=4318;

detectedAdapterDeviceId=5058;

detectedAdapterSubSysId=695482434;

detectedAdapterRevision=161;

detectedAdapterBenchmark=36;

displayMode=0;

winX=16;

winY=32;

winWidth=1024;

winHeight=768;

winDefWidth=1024;

winDefHeight=768;

fullScreenWidth=1920;

fullScreenHeight=1080;

refresh=60;

renderWidth=1920;

renderHeight=1080;

multiSampleCount=4;

multiSampleQuality=0;

particlesQuality=1;

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1;

GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=1;

HDRPrecision=16;

vsync=0;

AToC=15;

cloudsQuality=2;

pipQuality=3;

dynamicLightsQuality=2;

PPAA=1;

ppSSAO=4;

ppCaustics=1;

tripleBuffering=0;

ppBloom=1;

ppRotBlur=0;

ppRadialBlur=0;

ppDOF=1;

ppSharpen=1;

Again any help is appreciated with 10 frames or less online the game is unplayable. Thank you to anyone who looks and a double thank you to any constructive comments.

ddr4 16gb 2500mhz corsair

Check just in case that your RAM is really running at 2500MHz and not lower because you've to manually set that. If you haven't set it, it could currently run lower like 1600MHz which is a big difference.

I haven't seen any performance improvements yet. I am playing Arma 3, however.

After those ugly helicopters, and probably more cool textures and door sounds, my friends and I have let this game go. Studdering with excessive gun-sway, lag and terrible FPS drops in town aren't fun anymore.

Check just in case that your RAM is really running at 2500MHz and not lower because you've to manually set that. If you haven't set it, it could currently run lower like 1600MHz which is a big difference.

How do I do that?

Wheaticus, the cpu clock is your (relative) bottleneck in arma3 and reducing the both visibility sliders ingame "overall" and "object" will help. What are your settings? To set the shadow quality on "ultra" will offload your cpu too, because on ultra shadows will be rendered by gpu, on standard and lower it will be rendered by cpu.

How do I do that?

From BIOS you can see and tune that.

Hi folks.

Im running Win7 Home Prem. on a i7-3770k , GTX680 and 8GB DDR3.

But it seems this is not powerfull enough at all as I only have 19 to 22 FPS.

Im not sure, but could a new GPU get me some more frames ? Or do i need a complete new rig ?

Again... people posting placebo fixes still? You aren't going to squeeze any magic performance out of this game, so don't waste your time adjusting settings or trying to upgrade your pc.

There's a reason why there are so many posts on this thread yet we have the same people who continue to deny the entire issue of this thread.

Hi folks.

Im running Win7 Home Prem. on a i7-3770k , GTX680 and 8GB DDR3.

But it seems this is not powerfull enough at all as I only have 19 to 22 FPS.

Im not sure, but could a new GPU get me some more frames ? Or do i need a complete new rig ?

A new GPU won't help you at all. You'll still bottleneck like everyone and get low FPS. A new GPU will only allow you to play at higher graphic settings while playing at low FPS. A new CPU might help a bit, but the FPS will always be low.