k3lt

Low CPU utilization & Low FPS

RAM: G-Skill Ripjaws 4gb 1600mhz DDR3 Single Stick

That might be little bottleneck sometimes if you've 64-bit system. I can get over 4GB RAM usage when I fly a minute in Altis with minimum programs open. You could see some stuttering happening and fps dropping after playing for some time.

The core usage really just depends when you watch it. Sometimes other core is used more and then it switches to the other core so don't stare too much what core is used.

Hi, I am having this horrid issue I know others are having, although few it seems. I am experiencing in Singleplayer, not even Multiplayer 30-40 fps. http://puu.sh/cFHqj/9b324ec86b.jpg (373 kB)

I have seen videos and streams where people using a single outdated AMD Gpu can achieve a stable 60 fps.

What can I do to fix this? I have followed all the guides I could find, and nothing.

Both the CPU and the GPU seem to not be taxed fully under load?

Is it to do with my HDD? It is a Seagate 7200 RPM 1Tb drive?

This is with the following

Cpu- Amd 8350 Oc'd 4.5 Ghz

Gpu 1- Gtx 780 3gb

Gpu 2- Gtx 780 3gb

Windows 7 SP 1

Mobo- MSI 990FXA-GD65

RAM- G. Skill 16Gb 1600 Mhz

@Plungedcashew the game is poorly optimized , just take a look at how many pages this specific topic have. So put object quality to standard and lower view distance and object distance.

Hi, I am having this horrid issue I know others are having, although few it seems. I am experiencing in Singleplayer, not even Multiplayer 30-40 fps. http://puu.sh/cFHqj/9b324ec86b.jpg (373 kB)

I have seen videos and streams where people using a single outdated AMD Gpu can achieve a stable 60 fps.

What can I do to fix this? I have followed all the guides I could find, and nothing.

Gpu 1- Gtx 780 3gb

Gpu 2- Gtx 780 3gb

Windows 7 SP 1

Mobo- MSI 990FXA-GD65

what ingame settings are you using?

singel gpus handle the game just fine unless you go all out 8x AA depending on what gpu obviously

if you're using very high view range and terrain/object detail your amd cpu will hold you back, quite a bit

Gpu 1- Gtx 780 3gb

Gpu 2- Gtx 780 3gb

Windows 7 SP 1

Mobo- MSI 990FXA-GD65

Poorly optimized game engine + not the best cpu = bad fps

lets see when BI release 64bit version of arma 3 (its confirmed), i hope it will change a little bit, atleast for singleplayer (since im a SP player)

lets see when BI release 64bit version of arma 3 (its confirmed), i hope it will change a little bit, atleast for singleplayer (since im a SP player)

Umm where that was mentioned? Server 64-bit could happen but client I haven't heard anything yet...

Umm where that was mentioned? Server 64-bit could happen but client I haven't heard anything yet...

Yeah, it's not exactly confirmed.

64bit isn't going solve FPS problem (even if some specific 64bit operations're used it will be in fraction of %)

the main advantage of 64bit build is addressing limit increasing from 4GB (that's max for 32bit LAA application on 64bit OS) to 8TB or more (64bit LAA application n 64bit OS)
it's experimenta wip but no eta or details to be given ....

Yeah, it's not exactly confirmed.

Yeah that's the one I've seen. I understand it's server only and not client testings so far.

I just upgraded my rig to:

i7 4790K @ 4.7 GHz

16 GB DDR3-2400

GTX 970 OCed

...and performance is better than my old rig, but not amazing. Most of the time I can maintain 40 FPS in MP, which is better than before, but that still leaves a fair amount to be desired. I still get massive drops when enabling PiP or having the view distance beyond 3000 or so.

This are things i´ve repeated a hundred times, over annd over again^^ Impossible to force constant framerate from this Engine. The Engine doesnt give a fck, constant framerate has possibly an "unknown parameterstring" for the Engine ^^

Even the PC of Chuck Norris is an easy victim form the Arma Engine :)

This are things i´ve repeated a hundred times, over annd over again^^ Impossible to force constant framerate from this Engine. The Engine doesnt give a fck, constant framerate has possibly an "unknown parameterstring" for the Engine ^^

Even the PC of Chuck Norris is an easy victim form the Arma Engine :)

VBS 2.0 actually has such a parameter

-limitfps

-limitfps=Number

Specifies the maximum FPS the engine will use. (Only network update will be performed in the remaining time.)

i7 4790K @ 4.7 GHz

16 GB DDR3-2400

GTX 970 OCed

...and performance is better than my old rig, but not amazing. Most of the time I can maintain 40 FPS in MP, which is better than before, but that still leaves a fair amount to be desired. I still get massive drops when enabling PiP or having the view distance beyond 3000 or so.

Same rig here, same problems. I upgraded from:

AMD FX-8350

Geforce GTX 670

16GB DDR3 160 Mhz

to

i7 4790K

MSI Geforce GTX 970 G4 Gaming

16GB DDR3 2400 Mhz

and this game still kicks my pc into the deepest fps on multiplayer. Most of the time IAM UNDER 20fps

On this ArmA3Bench Mission with the same settings i have now 39 fps, before i had 35 FPS.

1000€ for 4 FPS :D

Edited by Clawhammer

and this game still kicks my pc into the deepest fps on multiplayer. Most of the time IAM UNDER 20fps

Wow you must be playing on a very bad server some very badly optimized mission. If it's PVP only server then there's something horribly wrong because in PVP my fps is 50+ I haven't tested some domination or something similar for a long time but I'll test in a minute.

/Same mostly 50-60fps on Invade & Annex server with 30 players and bunch of AI.

Edited by St. Jimmy

No, he must playing a very very badly optimized Game. xD thats true haha

15 years ,3666 post and still poor performance and BI still not know what to do xD ...oh wait workarounds like HC or Arma 3 STABLE server 1.34 "performance binary ....loool

Edited by TeilX

No, he must playing a very very badly optimized Game...

I don't say the game is optimized but he should get much better results with his rig.

God damn it

I have been away for a long time thought what the hell lets see if BIS have actually done some thing.....I am a fool to think they would have actually fixed the one and only issue that actually matters.

Listhen all this issue was all so in ARMA 2 they turned around and said

"IT CANT BE FIXED DUE TO ENGINE LIMITATIONS"

So yeah seems we aint gonna get no improvements on this.

Oh well they built a house on unstable foundation and it WILL FALL.

Wow you must be playing on a very bad server some very badly optimized mission. If it's PVP only server then there's something horribly wrong because in PVP my fps is 50+ I haven't tested some domination or something similar for a long time but I'll test in a minute.

/Same mostly 50-60fps on Invade & Annex server with 30 players and bunch of AI.

It is our clan server, we live in germany and the server stays in germany. The Server costs 80€ per month, has a lot of bandwitch and is equipped with 12GB DDR3 RAM and one i7 4770k, should be enough. We play mostly coop, we have a map that creates random task like clear a village or so. But it is not much ai around that i understand why it sucked my pc so down. Other maps doing the same to my pc, except it is a nearly blank map :-/

i7 4790K @ 4.7 GHz

16 GB DDR3-2400

GTX 970 OCed

I wish I could get my i5 that high but no matter what I do I'm stuck at 4.2ghz unless I wanna jack the voltage up. I was in the same boat as you, went from an old ass phenom II to an it 3570K that I could easily overclock higher than the phenom and yeah it was better, but not really "better". It's kind of futile to expect anything different at this point.

It is our clan server, we live in germany and the server stays in germany. The Server costs 80€ per month, has a lot of bandwitch and is equipped with 12GB DDR3 RAM and one i7 4770k, should be enough. We play mostly coop, we have a map that creates random task like clear a village or so. But it is not much ai around that i understand why it sucked my pc so down. Other maps doing the same to my pc, except it is a nearly blank map :-/

Hmmm weird because your performance shouldn't be that far from my own. Maybe you've some power savings on in your BIOS or something? Or could SSD and some CPU OC really make that big difference between us...

In Arma 3 Altis bench mission I got 63fps and that's a HUGE difference between us if we're talking about the same mission.

Noticed this is a sticky thread now. Is there any change? Is there a fix or workaround?

I'm getting very low fps (15-30) with everything maxed out on ultra at 1080, and still very low (15-45) fps with everything at the lowest settings. CPU utilization is at about 50%. Specs in signature.

Making the game unplayable for me unfortunately. Don't know what the cause is. Shooting at a moving target with 20 fps is not easy.

thread has been a sticky for a long time.

no change.

no info from devs on it.

A year and a half ago they said they were going to finally clue us into their plans with a "performance blog", but it never happened.

thread has been a sticky for a long time.

no change.

no info from devs on it.

A year and a half ago they said they were going to finally clue us into their plans with a "performance blog", but it never happened.

How about those new textures! Door sounds too! But truthfully I have been waiting to shoot from vehicles for quite some time. Unfortunately its like putting turbos on a chair. Performance has become worse with patches and additional textures/beetles and seagulls.

How about those new textures! Door sounds too! But truthfully I have been waiting to shoot from vehicles for quite some time. Unfortunately its like putting turbos on a chair. Performance has become worse with patches and additional textures/beetles and seagulls.

Well they claim that the next update at the beginning of december will problably improve performance drastically, so as always, we have to wait and see ;)