k3lt

Low CPU utilization & Low FPS

How about AA - Armaholics Anonymous. "My name is Dave, and I am an Armaholic. Its been three years since I had a fluid game of Arma MP . . . "

cj

I didn't realize the feedback tracker was actually for voting new features. And that BI has promised to implement the ones which get the most votes. :confused:

Edited by Greenfist

the most funniest thing is: they invest 500.000 dollars into a contest instead of using that money for hiring coders & programmers who could fix the engine and the AI.

the most funniest thing is: they invest 500.000 dollars into a contest instead of using that money for hiring coders & programmers who could fix the engine and the AI.

Even funnier thing is that you can hire only a couple of programmers for a year with that money. And the whole amount will be long gone before they even get to know the system completely.

Even funnier thing is that you can hire only a couple of programmers for a year with that money. And the whole amount will be long gone before they even get to know the system completely.

then BI need to invest more money, more content does not fix the performance problems.

Well its been a long time since I reported back here looks like nothing has changed :(

What a joke

So i wait for best cpu i can buy, and overclock it to extreme :(

Thats exactly you can do. Nothing more. To repeat accuses helps nothing. Its better to safe the time and drink a beer with friends for example.

Thats exactly you can do. Nothing more. To repeat accuses helps nothing. Its better to safe the time and drink a beer with friends for example.

Such CPU´s doesnt exsist until Year 2116... I mean cmon guys, a Hexacore with 5255Mhz is not enough to run this game acceptable? Dont make me laugh, fix this perfect evidence which could have the title "how an Engine should not work"

I dont give a f*ck anymore, a small group left behind, that is how it feels for me. Or we are passengers of the CostaConcordia, BI is "Francesco Schettino". Legit for me.

More than 3500 posts on this thread, not to mention countless threads & tickets related to the same subject - for a game that isn't that old.

And the dev reactions are close to nil...

I kinda regret buying Arma3. :(

i have an idea. it is based on a facebook idea where people took a israel-palestine picture as a profile picture. the idea made it even into the german media.

we all should use my and LSD_Timewarp signature picture as signature. here is the link:

http://abload.de/img/sig2_zps91f7fa4ausllr.jpg

maybe we will see from BI a reaction if we all use this picture as signature.

and it would be not ignorable if alot of members use it as signature.

imagine you read a topic and under almost every user, you have this signature LOL

I use to swear by BIS being the best game devs ever.

I kind of forgave them for this issue in arma 2 due to multi core cpus being new etc etc.

But there is no reason releasing arma 3 in the same crappy state and not one comment from a DEV here :(.

Like I said I was a BIS fan since OFP so to speak but arma 3 is one huge let down and it will not be fixed because they said they could not do that for arma 2 due to engine limitations.

GUTTED tbh it seems the loyal arma fans have been kicked in the nuts to make way for DayZ or more likely they shoved arma 3 out the door just to fund DayZ :(

But there is no reason releasing arma 3 in the same crappy state and not one comment from a DEV here :(.

I see 57 comments from devs here. Nothing too helpful though, just acknowledging the problem but no claims that anything has improved or that they're planning to do any extensive "fixes". :(

I see 57 comments from devs here. Nothing too helpful though, just acknowledging the problem but no claims that anything has improved or that they're planning to do any extensive "fixes". :(

Well, at first, Dwarden said that there is a bug in the A3 engine causing poor performance. Not sure what happened to that. A few months later, a detailed blog about performance was supposed to come out, but it never did.

The only reason BI isn't the best studios is awful performance of their engine. Everything else is good , at least they try to fix issues as AI etc.

For me as I told before it's quite provocative and feels like they fool us all the time. They keep fixing minor stuff instead of putting focus on optimization and performance issues.

It's like having a Ferrari with a a Lada engine.

yeah thats what I meant sorry devs have popped in to say hi but other than that there short visit was pointless.

I agree with all these stupid pointless fixes eg

Fix Font

Change colour

Blah Blah Blah

Whats the point?.

I know people say its done by different people well if thats the case get more people in to fix the main issue I mean come on.

Said it before will say it again

Why build a really awesome house on a shit foundation....eventually it will collapse.

This is the way BIS are going tbh as they really dont seem to care about waht the dedicated arma fans want some of us followed them from OFP days (me included) but we seem to have been shoved aside while they make money on DayZ and now payed for DLC :( there turning into just another game dev.

I know they need to make money but they wont if they dont fix this performance problem because people wont trust them.

I never had any thing bad to say about BIS but they really do seem to have changed and just want to do what they want...ok thats kind of fair but people have a right to get this fixed and we keep being promised of a blog or a fix but it never comes and no dev even bothers to mention it in this thread just pop in say hello and good bye :(

Such CPU´s doesnt exsist until Year 2116... I mean cmon guys, a Hexacore with 5255Mhz is not enough to run this game acceptable? Dont make me laugh, fix this perfect evidence which could have the title "how an Engine should not work"

I dont give a f*ck anymore, a small group left behind, that is how it feels for me. Or we are passengers of the CostaConcordia, BI is "Francesco Schettino". Legit for me.

Please calm down. Your hexacore-story have zero significant details. You have to distinguish between the fact that cpupower and ramspeed pushes the minimum fps in arma3 a lot and the fact that overclocking a haswell to 4,8 ghz and buy a 2800er ram Kit isnt a good solution for all. Your logic is: because it isn´t a good solution for everyone it can´t be true. Wrong logic. And please don´t repeat exactly the same statement one after another over months and years....:o Everyone knows that the ressource-management in arma3 isn´t good.

Please calm down. Your hexacore-story have zero significant details. You have to distinguish between the fact that cpupower and ramspeed pushes the minimum fps in arma3 a lot and the fact that overclocking a haswell to 4,8 ghz and buy a 2800er ram Kit isnt a good solution for all. Your logic is: because it isn´t a good solution for everyone it can´t be true. Wrong logic. And please don´t repeat exactly the same statement one after another over months and years....:o Everyone knows that the ressource-management in arma3 isn´t good.

So you are saying that you have playableperformance with ivy i5 @ 4,8 GHz and 2666 MHz.

I plan to buy broadwell i7 (now i have haswelll refresh, non k 4690), and 2400 MHz 2x8GB Gskill, hoping no sub 30 in most situations...

So you are saying that you have playableperformance with ivy i5 @ 4,8 GHz and 2666 MHz.

I plan to buy broadwell i7 (now i have haswelll refresh, non k 4690), and 2400 MHz 2x8GB Gskill, hoping no sub 30 in most situations...

Yes, i have :).............or...it depends on the situation :p

Edited by JumpingHubert

You are so right here :) LSD_Timewarp82 has issues, possible going back to his childhood it seems as he has used a different combination of words to make the exact same pointles and unhelpful statement a ton of times lately. It's pathetic! Jesus, if an overclock doesn't work for you then I'm sorry, it made significant improvements for me, increasing my Arma enjoyment dramatically which inspired me to share it with others. Why preach to the world how good you are with computers and yet submit to having accepted that there "is no way to increase FPS"

There are ways to make significant improvements that work really effectively. If they don't work with your system on the servers you use, don't preach to the would that with your infinite overclocking and system building knowledge "nothing can be done to improve things"

YES the game is broken to a SHOCKING extent, this was established a LONG time ago. The idea of a forum thread is not to keep saying the same thing but to develop and evolve a better understanding of the issue in hand. This thread has helped with a massive boost of enjoyment and performance on how I use ARMA 3, it is measurable and significant and I must thank the helpful people here for making it an even better game. I must also add, if you are stuck in such a hateful mind with this game, just leave, don't keep saying the same useless rubbish and wasting our time. I enjoy getting email alerts when this thread is updated until I see it's just another little bitching from LSD_Timewarp82 lol.

Tell me how many people from Shack Tac DON'T get masses of enjoyment from Arma? Yes it's broken but man you can have a lot of fun on such a shitty written game:)

Do the things you can, 3 FPS improvements from 3 different tweaks makes what LSD_Timewarp82? 9 FPS? That's right son. An FPS figure that can make a big old difference to minimum FPS and stuttering. ;)

Problem is that most of the FPS "Tweaks" only make a difference in ideal conditions, like an empty map with no entities. Go in multiplayer and that 9 FPS is nullified or load up an actual mission and it becomes 1-2 fps which is within margin of error at best.

Basically you and JumpingHubert sound like you lower your standards until they reach a point that you can accept what ArmA is and has become and you expect and preach for others to do the same. I guess you'll have to excuse me if I don't follow suit and have higher standards. rest assured that I can live with it. Whats funny is how much you both deflect the issue while admitting the issue is real and pressing while then telling us how we should have fun with and accept a lesser product.

Mostly what I care about is not letting issue's be swept under the rug which BI is frankly becoming exceptionally good at and has become their M.O. at this point and what both of your deflective arguments and statements seek to enable.

The issue is real and should be discussed constantly until everyone's happy with performance. BUT I still think many people (players, mission authors, server owners) should just lower their expectations till BI "fixes" the game.

A good example is the popular King of the Hill MP mission; 72 players in the biggest city on Altis for two hours of battle and a bunch of scripts running - 24 fps from the get-go. Why would someone think that's enjoyable? The same mission in a smaller town with 48 players and the fps is above 40 throughout. So why they insist on sticking with their high standards? I have no idea. Needles to say, I don't play that anymore.

After a while I learned just to steer clear of those kind of missions. A steam workshop mission with "a massive scale landing with a hundred AI" in its description? No thanks, I don't have that 7GHz i7 you'd need to run it.

Yes, Arma 2 did handle those missions ok and BI did imply Arma 3 would too, but that's obviously not the case. But I adapted for the time being and am having a lot of fun anywhere I CAN get a good performance.

Like I said, I'm not trying sweep the issue under the rug, I'm just telling how I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb. A bit off-topic but it's not like there's been much new relevant information in this thread for a while anyway. :(

Sorry Windies to say that, but we have to adapt or leave it....or build a little nasa-computer if you want to play in nearly all circumstances with acceptable framerates. Sometimes it sounds like a fight in ethics and human rights here. Its a product. If you don´t like it, leave it. Obviously BIS don´t want/isn´t able to make the ressource management better. Its you lifetime...drink a beer or play another game or....with your girlfriend :D

And....sorry again for my horrible "inglisch".

I disagree that we should put up with the terrible performance or leave the game.

We was told there was a blog coming I aint seen it.

We had the same issue in arma2 and now the same in arma3 so I think thats the worst part tbh.they openly admitted they could not fix it for arma2 due to engine limitations so why put arma3 on the same bloody engine and slap a load more stuff to it for the engine to try and do? it could not cope well in arma2 let alone with all the stuff they have slaped to it now for arma3.

BIS have really gone down hill since DayZ they will loose a load of dedicated fans whice have been with them since OFP.

I am gutted more than any thing I really thought BIS would be loyal to there fans but seems the popularity of DayZ has got to there heads and there heading down the same road as all the other game devs.

Payed for DLC

Not fixing the main issues that have got the most votes.

Just gutted really I loved OFP and arma but I cant even play it and yet they keep adding more stuff to the engine whice would be good if we could actually use the bloody thing other that in slide show mode.

ARMA3

Slide show simulator

Watch as you run in slow motion and see your

enemys take you out with real time slide show bullet physics

Huge open sand box playground to slide show around in