k3lt

Low CPU utilization & Low FPS

Sorry, but that made my day :D

Edited by Nikiforos

This logic is unlogical ^^ Would be the first time i would hear that someone doubles his resolution will result in double frames in positive way :rolleyes:

Maybe it´s the "Christmas Wonder" 5,5 months too late :yay:

Actually 4k is 4x times the resolution in 1080p :p

That´s why i said "doubles his resolution will result in double frames" = 2x2 = 4K

Logical. Like your wonder.

@utilization-wonder

-gpu utilization gets better with higher res and/or antialiasing.

@performance-wonder

-maybe no apple to apple comparison arma3-version wise or sp-mission wise.

Helo-bench before/after results would be interesting.

@utilization-wonder

-gpu utilization gets better with higher res and/or antialiasing.

@performance-wonder

-maybe no apple to apple comparison arma3-version wise or sp-mission wise.

Helo-bench before/after results would be interesting.

Indeed dude. Show us the "wonder of Arma3" in a wonderful designed text after the bench ^^

Sounds crazy enough for me to believe it. After we see some tests.

Hello, I read pretty much every post in this thread and still this game confuses me, and I thought this should belong here, I'll post my current specs below later.

I use to run this game with a Phenom II x6 1100T 4.4ghz (3000mhz CPU-NB) with a HD5970 and the performance was ok at times, mostly in SP was fine with avg of 50fps and drops in the airfield. What gets me the game is not in alpha anymore and the performance didn't change with that 5970. Only issue with that card its 1GB x2 so the card lacks in vram for maxed out settings.

Now with a GTX460 768mb I was able to pull 70fps avg in the same area. That card is less then half the performance of the 5970. I popped in my GTX295 and the performance was still higher then that of the 5970. I disabled crossfire on the 5970 and the FPS was still the same.

So I upgraded my mobo and CPU to the FX8320 and OC it to 4.8ghz, And still the 5970 is still bad in Arma 3. also it uses the card at around 20% on both GPU's, and the CPU is at around 30% with peaks into the 60s. But FPS is still right around 50fps avg according to fraps.

So I bought a GTX760 SC ACX and my avg FPS is 80 with 70% load in the same spot with who knows how many AI that was in that Armory I downloaded. (note all my tests were based standing in the same spot and looking in the same spot. and other tests flying on the same road in both directions.)

Now King of the hill my 5970 wouldn't even pull 15fps in town on low, but the GTX295, GTX460 and the GTX760 all demolished the 5970 with an avg of 30FPS with the GTX760 and the GTX295 being at 28avg on high!

I also had a HD7950 3GB (same performance give or take with the GTX760) the GTX760 walks all over it in Arma 3 on my system.

I do not have the proof as I didn't really think I needed it at that time. I work on PC's quite a lot and test hardware for a living, every now and again I can bring the cards home and do my own tests, which this case I wanted to see what would play Arma better, I currently run the GTX760.

CPU: AMD FX8320 4.8ghz

RAM: DDR3 1866mhz OC Corsair Vengeance

MOBO: ASRock 990FX Fatality Pro

GPU: EVGA GTX760 SC ACX 1350/1830

HDD: 1TB Caviar Black (Win 7)

HDD: 1TB Caviar Blue (Win 8)

PSU: Thermeltake Smart 850watt

All the Nvidia cards seem to beat the AMD cards, well the 1s I tested at least. I also tested the GTX690 4Gb and it was the same story at the GTX760 as SLI isn't used much or at all, and the GTX295 and the 7950 seemed to be vary close in this game which makes no sense at all.

Edited by Viking2121

Hello, I read pretty much every post in this thread and still this game confuses me, and I thought this should belong here, I'll post my current specs below later.

I use to run this game with a Phenom II x6 1100T 4.4ghz (3000mhz CPU-NB) with a HD5970 and the performance was ok at times, mostly in SP was fine with avg of 50fps and drops in the airfield. What gets me the game is not in alpha anymore and the performance didn't change with that 5970. Only issue with that card its 1GB x2 so the card lacks in vram for maxed out settings.

Now with a GTX460 768mb I was able to pull 70fps avg in the same area. That card is less then half the performance of the 5970. I popped in my GTX295 and the performance was still higher then that of the 5970. I disabled crossfire on the 5970 and the FPS was still the same.

So I upgraded my mobo and CPU to the FX8320 and OC it to 4.8ghz, And still the 5970 is still bad in Arma 3. also it uses the card at around 20% on both GPU's, and the CPU is at around 30% with peaks into the 60s. But FPS is still right around 50fps avg according to fraps.

So I bought a GTX760 SC ACX and my avg FPS is 80 with 70% load in the same spot with who knows how many AI that was in that Armory I downloaded. (note all my tests were based standing in the same spot and looking in the same spot. and other tests flying on the same road in both directions.)

Now King of the hill my 5970 wouldn't even pull 15fps in town on low, but the GTX295, GTX460 and the GTX760 all demolished the 5970 with an avg of 30FPS with the GTX760 and the GTX295 being at 28avg on high!

I also had a HD7950 3GB (same performance give or take with the GTX760) the GTX760 walks all over it in Arma 3 on my system.

I do not have the proof as I didn't really think I needed it at that time. I work on PC's quite a lot and test hardware for a living, every now and again I can bring the cards home and do my own tests, which this case I wanted to see what would play Arma better, I currently run the GTX760.

CPU: AMD FX8320 4.8ghz

RAM: DDR3 1866mhz OC Corsair Vengeance

MOBO: ASRock 990FX Fatality Pro

GPU: EVGA GTX760 SC ACX 1350/1830

HDD: 1TB Caviar Black (Win 7)

HDD: 1TB Caviar Blue (Win 8)

PSU: Thermeltake Smart 850watt

All the Nvidia cards seem to beat the AMD cards, well the 1s I tested at least. I also tested the GTX690 4Gb and it was the same story at the GTX760 as SLI isn't used much or at all, and the GTX295 and the 7950 seemed to be vary close in this game which makes no sense at all.

Conclusion: NVidia > AMD?

Read my theory I posted on speeding up time and fps it makes fps issues none exsit check it out fr yourselves it is the engine making this fps issue.

---------- Post added at 12:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 PM ----------

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?178133-Speeding-up-time-in-game-magically-makes-those-graphic-fps-issues-no-problem

Conclusion: NVidia > AMD?

As far as I know, Nvidia rocks the socks off in this game, even when paired with an AMD CPU. I wish I had a chance to test different CPU's like Intel and AMD side by side. I do know a friend with 2x 6990's cant AVG even 40FPS in SP, but 2 cards AVG 60 in SP so Crossfire is a bit wonky still even with the 14.4 drivers. I also wish I had other cards to try like the R9's, at that time the HD7950 drivers were just getting good, I think I was running 13.xx at that time and it had known bugs with some parts of Arma 3. But my old 5970 still sucks in Arma 3 considering it can play BF4 on high at 1080p just fine with over 60FPS.

Read my theory I posted on speeding up time and fps it makes fps issues none exsit check it out fr yourselves it is the engine making this fps issue.

---------- Post added at 12:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 PM ----------

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?178133-Speeding-up-time-in-game-magically-makes-those-graphic-fps-issues-no-problem

This is interesting, I will have to go give it a shot and see what my FPS is on this 760. To bad it can't really do anything about MP though.

My Rig:

Click

Latest Benchmark-Results (GeForce v337.88 WHQL | Dev.-Build: v1.21.124741):

Low + Disabled:

============

Stratis: 141

Altis: 115

Low:

====

Stratis: 125

Altis: 107

Standard:

=======

Stratis: 92

Altis: 82

High:

====

Stratis: 67

Altis: 64

Very-High:

========

Stratis: 52

Altis: 48

Ultra:

====

Stratis: 41

Altis: 38

Maxed-Out:

=========

Stratis: 30

Altis: 14

:)

That's increible, with that ultra rig the FPS amount is very poor!. Another example that ArmA 3 is not properly optimized.

@TONSCHUH Is it better now than before? You show us the results but you didn't compare them to previous.

@TONSCHUH Is it better now than before? You show us the results but you didn't compare them to previous.

No improvements, but it didn't get worse either.

I freshly installed my sys and kept it slim and everything up2date.

That's increible, with that ultra rig the FPS amount is very poor!. Another example that ArmA 3 is not properly optimized.

It is optimized to do what it does, not what you expect it to be.

Myke;2699237']It is optimized to do what it does' date=' not what you expect it to be.[/quote']

I have to admit that since Altis got introduced, the SP-Performance of Altis improved quite a bit.

The Altis-fps were only roughly half the amount of the Stratis-fps back then and now they are much closer.

I may have another look into the MP-Part on the weekend, if there are any open / populated Dev-Build-Servers available.

It does a dia-presentation on maxed out with 14 Frames. I expect at least 1 frame more :(

Let us play a game of "can you find the error?", shall we?

@ [FRL]Myke do you really feel the need to reply to all negative(about performance) posts made in this thread? Just wondering:D

Myke;2699305']Let us play a game of "can you find the error?"' date=' shall we?[/quote']

12km view- and objectdistance.....winner! :D

12km view- and objectdistance.....winner! :D

... and the GPU's only hit 55-60C, without any AirCon running. :cool:

@ [FRL]Myke do you really feel the need to reply to all negative(about performance) posts made in this thread? Just wondering:D

I'm well aware that i wont change the mind of those negative posters (haters gonna hate). But at least i try to point out the flaws so more objective readers can better make their own conclusions. And i think that's worth it.

It was sarcasm dude, you know i´ll respect you for your hard defending postings ;)

Meh, my bad. I'm sorry. :D

No problem man.

Btw.: due to my 1FPS problem i did now all possible varaints without success. DarkDruid suggested me to Reinstall Arma3 after seeing my rpt.log, but did this twice already this year without success due the issue.

So now i have a fresh install of Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, actually downloading Arma3 via Steam, i´m very excited if this will solve the problem ^^